soaring crane

Bringing modern artefacts back to ancient civilizations

There are a number of times/places I would love to visit, but I'm not sure what I'd take with me, if anything.

I'd be most eager to try and find/identify certain historical or supposedly historical figures -- Laozi, Zhuangzi, Buddha, Jesus, Moses, etc (certainly not an exhaustive list!).

On meeting any of them (and after learning all I can from them first!), I might share some modern music and art, and perhaps modern accounts of their lives, to see what they make of it all..?

Edited by dustybeijing

Actually I saw how timelines created from abusive events could uhm stop and then get forced to work themselves backwards to undo the fork event they were based on.

Yup, I saw it too, they are like la peau de chagrin, those evil timelines -- the more you use them for fulfilling evil desires and abusing their power, the more they shrink -- until with the last one, something like "make unprecedented profits off unleashing WWIII on the suckers," they go poof -- and disappear.  If ours was that Balsac's genius metaphor -- which I'm very sure it is -- I'd say we have a quarter of a millimeter of it left, compared to its original immense size, the size of a galaxy of galaxies.

Still, I wouldn't want to wait.  This last quarter of a millimeter is packed with over seven billion people and all the uncounted animals and plants still hanging on.  I wouldn't want them to have to live through the agony before disappearing together with their criminally used-up timeline.  I want to spare them.  So, one can just put that ever-shrinking skin back on the animal from which it had been ripped off, the animal called Earth.  I would try to reverse the timeline at the point when Earth was still fully alive and not tortured, not flayed.      

Edited by Taomeow

Oh, I'll use it, but not in the manner of those who commissioned the creation and ordered the use of this equipment.  ..

I will get our civilization of the "historic" as we call it period right into that category.  I have a plan. 

Sounds good.  If we're in the same time period I'll certainly let you do your thing in my Wizardopolis, while I attend to the finer points of festival set up. 

• Like 1

Sounds good.  If we're in the same time period I'll certainly let you do your thing in my Wizardopolis, while I attend to the finer points of festival set up. 

Thank you,  Since gardening was practiced since 20,000 years ago, and posed no danger to the environment at the time because the size of each gardening tribe didn't exceed 120 people and they never allowed monocultures, nor produced more than they could eat, your timeline is likely to have survived after my modifications.  I'm not going to operate on the premise that prehistoric people were clueless, because I am not clueless myself.  Everything that is about human-scale cultivational endeavors is perfectly fine and has always been in existence, we co-created with nature since time immemorial.  Mothers did slap their children away from the fire.  But they didn't slap their neighbors' children, let alone burn their gardens in order to make them subscribe to their own tribe's totem, and didn't take slaves to make them work their gardens.  It was peaches and cream, not enough peaches to start a global corporation selling them, and not enough cream to export cheeses made of it, but enough to leave legends of the Golden Age in every single culture's memory. 

Well, I won't let it be just a memory.  As they say, the only time to live is now, so every single millennium, century, decade, year, month, day, hour, minute ever lived in misery, pain and suffering since the arrival of the "advanced" newcomers, whom some call archons and some annunaki and some Sons of Reflected Light and some elohim and some netters and so on (every culture had a name for them, but the names were all in local languages -- we had hundreds of thousands of local languages back then), is now.  And this time around, NOW, we will be ready. 

• Like 1

Let's see.. what would I bring.  My ipad, one with cellular since wifii might not be too good back then.  Solar charger..  Wrist rocket slingshot, with extra chords, some larger steel ball ammo.  Wire for trapping.  Water purifier straw.  Canteen.  Magnifying glass.   A couple good knives.  Small fire crackers, matches.  Very important, a well trained German Shepard or similar highly intelligent guard dog.   Seeds, tomato, cucumber, peppers, lettuce, perhaps fruit and nut tree seeds.  Water proof bags.. Small tent, hammock, duct tape, journal, pencils.. toothbrush and ofcourse a towel.

The ipad sets me up as godlike, ie captures and replays people's images, as well as play Angry Birds.  It also gives me a 1,000 useful books full of information (maybe I'll bring a backup).   A wrist rocket can take out small, sometimes medium sized prey, plus ammo is free.  A good dog amplifies your power greatly; protector, hunter and companion with senses (and loyalty) far beyond your own. 

The greatest good I could do is set up a garden.  The most precious thing I have would be seeds.  After establishing my Wizard creds, planting a garden.  Sharing its goods.  Establishing a grove that'll feed others.

Also on the to do list would be setting up the first Burning Man Festival, as well as spread the Man's 10 Principles.  Yup, gardening, Burning Man festival, some chick I rescue from the Morlocks.. that's all I need.

Burning Man's 10 Principles:

1. Radical Inclusion

Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

2. Gifting

Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

3. Decommodification

In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

4. Radical Self-Reliance

Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.

5. Radical Self-Expression

Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.

6. Communal Effort

Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.

7. Civic Responsibility

We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.

8. Leaving No Trace

Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

9. Participation

Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

10. Immediacy

Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

Sweet ... can I watch them after you dump all this on them  ....   and see who they make the 'burning man' out of    ^_^

I am guessing it will be 'that new strange guy '  

wicker_man_2.jpg

Edited by Nungali

I'd take back information, unite the Celt and Germanic Pagan peoples and make sure they subdue Rome, with no allowance for Christianity. With this ancient Pagan libraries etc would remain keeping all ancient knowledge. Pagan philosophical schools would continue. Nature based traditions. Ideologies of "the world was made for us", "one true god" etc would not exist and neither the missionary zeal to "save the world". Pagan Europe continues uninterrupted and the world/civilization is thousands of years more advanced because of it.

... and hopefully, your ancestors are still going to be born all through that arrangement,  as if anything changes, you might not exist ... even though you did and went back and changed things so you didnt, so therefor could not have in the first place and ......

....   :blink:  ... hang on .... I'll get back to you on this later ....

If the physics DID allow you to go back in time , then I would presume that there would be no paradox.

You cant break the laws of the universe, so you would always have been back there in the past and nothing would be altered other than your awareness of events now ending , and awareness of events then, beginning. Theres nothing physically paradoxical about your old age situation existing before your youth.

All I wanted to do was show some bronze-age people a bicycle, teach them to ride it, and let them think about the physics behind it.

So what's your theory as to why nature didn't invent the bicycle?..  There's so many designs of incomparably more complex organs of locomotion that have been created -- hundreds of millions of years' worth of propulsion bioengines, fins, flippers, tails, tentacles, tendrils, paws, claws, legs, jaws and arms for burrowing and excavation, jumping biosprings, running machinery, flying everything -- on weightless dragonfly wings and on powerful wings of the eagle, on flimsy "house" moth wings that are made of a milligram of dust yet can cover the distance of 12 miles...  and many got the best of most worlds -- membranes between toes for walking and swimming too as in ducks and geese and swans, who can also fly, and yet --

no wheel.  Not a single living creature moves around on wheels.  Why is that?  Ever thought about it? 

I did... 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

So what's your theory as to why nature didn't invent the bicycle?.. 

no wheel.  Not a single living creature moves around on wheels.  Why is that?  Ever thought about it? 

I did... 

But nature did invent the bicycle when it invented humans.

I think about this a lot, in fact. My personal theory of life is that the same microbial forces that ruled this planet alone for a about two billion years are still ruling it. In us, they've simply brought forth a very efficient machine they can utilize to get them what they want/need in order to keep evolving. The wheel was a method of accelerating the process, or cheating time, so to speak.

• Like 3

But nature did invent the bicycle when it invented humans.

I think about this a lot, in fact. My personal theory of life is that the same microbial forces that ruled this planet alone for a about two billion years are still ruling it. In us, they've simply brought forth a very efficient machine they can utilize to get them what they want/need in order to keep evolving. The wheel was a method of accelerating the process, or cheating time, so to speak.

Ah, that's my kind of a train of thought! -- though not necessarily running on the same track or headed for the same destination.

So we're nothing but microbes' puppets then?..  Our consciousness is an illusion, theirs shapes our civilization?..

• Like 1

Ah, that's my kind of a train of thought! -- though not necessarily running on the same track or headed for the same destination.

So we're nothing but microbes' puppets then?..  Our consciousness is an illusion, theirs shapes our civilization?..

That's about the size of it, yeah. Removes all the mystery, I know. Our consciousness is an interpretation of their will. Our desires stem from their desire to survive. We are them. There is no other life here.

It's the logical, dare I say elegant?, conclusion I've come to and no matter how I turn it around, and no matter what other perspectives I read or hear, it just makes sense and answers pretty much everything.

For example, crude oil. WTF? Why did humans start messing around with that nasty black shit deep in the ground? Well, bacteria thrive in oil, but it's not easily accesible. What to do? Program a desire for the stuff in their most efficient machines ... gotta go, visitors

• Like 1

So what's your theory as to why nature didn't invent the bicycle?..  There's so many designs of incomparably more complex organs of locomotion that have been created -- hundreds of millions of years' worth of propulsion bioengines, fins, flippers, tails, tentacles, tendrils, paws, claws, legs, jaws and arms for burrowing and excavation, jumping biosprings, running machinery, flying everything -- on weightless dragonfly wings and on powerful wings of the eagle, on flimsy "house" moth wings that are made of a milligram of dust yet can cover the distance of 12 miles...  and many got the best of most worlds -- membranes between toes for walking and swimming too as in ducks and geese and swans, who can also fly, and yet --

I did... 

Well when we all turned the legal age for driving,we couldn't wait to get wheels.

Yes you are correct Taomeow,have never seen creatures riding their wheels instead of all the other things you have mentioned.

Funny thing is just an hour ago,watched this little fish make a sand image,circular,with textures of sand adorning the perimeter of the circle,looked very much like a sun,drawn in the sand by a fish.

The male fish are the artistic types,they do this to attract a mate.

Then the mate swims off after laying eggs,leaving him to guard the eggs.

• Like 1

I did... 

Well..aside from SC's microbe theory..

In the last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Amber Spyglass, Pullman writes about 'mulefa', creatures that slot their fore and hind legs into wheels and propel themselves with 2 middle legs. So when I was younger I did used to think about it a bit... why wouldn't that be possible?

A wheel has to be detachable, separate from the axis/frame/body it moves with, and so can't grow together with it. I can't think of any creatures that exist in separate parts in that way (obviously lots of organisms live in symbiosis with each other, but none have detachable accessories). A world with wheels would have to have produced something like the giant seed-pods that the 'mulefa' use; but nothing so sturdy and perfectly round has ever grown on Earth, and so no creature has evolved to utilize it as a wheel..

A world of wheels also relies on smooth/flat surfaces; the only reason human-invented wheeled vehicles have been so successful is that we have flattened tens of millions of miles of land to allow them to zoom around, blowing holes in mountains, building huge bridges, and making tunnels in the sea..

• Like 3

That's about the size of it, yeah. Removes all the mystery, I know. Our consciousness is an interpretation of their will. Our desires stem from their desire to survive. We are them. There is no other life here.

It's the logical, dare I say elegant?, conclusion I've come to and no matter how I turn it around, and no matter what other perspectives I read or hear, it just makes sense and answers pretty much everything.

For example, crude oil. WTF? Why did humans start messing around with that nasty black shit deep in the ground? Well, bacteria thrive in oil, but it's not easily accesible. What to do? Program a desire for the stuff in their most efficient machines ... gotta go, visitors

Not untrue and not the whole truth, far as I've been able to discern.  It is very true that ancient things determine what younger ones will be conditioned to do, they are our parents after all.  Parents condition their children.  But normal parents also love them, not just use them.  Methinks we're dealing with two kinds of microbial/viral consciousness -- the native benevolent one (live and let live) and the opposing consciousness of its competitor (pseudo-live and let die.) 

This, incidentally, was part of the immense lessons of ayahuasca I received -- with a side note that I will need another 15 years to fully comprehend what I've learned.  She showed me an example of how this works by zooming in on my bloodstream like a nanomicroscope and pointing out a little alien-looking creature, a bacteria or a virus, swimming therein.  And then She said, "well, this is the size of its physical appearance, now take a look at the size of its actual impact" -- and kaboom! -- the little microscopic monster grew to the size of a demon, filling up the room, the rain forest, the country, continent, planet, looming over everything with extreme menace.  "Yup, that's what you're up against.  That's one of them.  There's more...  let me show you."  And She did.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Well..aside from SC's microbe theory..

In the last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Amber Spyglass, Pullman writes about 'mulefa', creatures that slot their fore and hind legs into wheels and propel themselves with 2 middle legs. So when I was younger I did used to think about it a bit... why wouldn't that be possible?

A wheel has to be detachable, separate from the axis/frame/body it moves with, and so can't grow together with it. I can't think of any creatures that exist in separate parts in that way (obviously lots of organisms live in symbiosis with each other, but none have detachable accessories). A world with wheels would have to have produced something like the giant seed-pods that the 'mulefa' use; but nothing so sturdy and perfectly round has ever grown on Earth, and so no creature has evolved to utilize it as a wheel..

A world of wheels also relies on smooth/flat surfaces; the only reason human-invented wheeled vehicles have been so successful is that we have flattened tens of millions of miles of land to allow them to zoom around, blowing holes in mountains, building huge bridges, and making tunnels in the sea..

I remember that Pecos Bill had an encounter with hoopsnakes. Lemme see if I can find a picture...

<rummage-rummage>

Here's Bill:

pecos+bill+2.jpg

And here's a hoopsnake:

521cdd0c02499.image.jpg

• Like 1

The alien looking creature/ bacteria/ virus artifical (nano tech_ or alien biological or both? ha Interesting Taois,/ Bigu makes no distinction between parasites/worms, that type of thing in the body and demons/ "3 corpse demons" who want to corrupt and devour you haha. Did Aya give any suggestions for countering this menace?

• Like 1

The alien looking creature/ bacteria/ virus artifical (nano tech_ or alien biological or both? ha Interesting Taois,/ Bigu makes no distinction between parasites/worms, that type of thing in the body and demons/ "3 corpse demons" who want to corrupt and devour you haha. Did Aya give any suggestions for countering this menace?

Oh yes.  Not by saying anything though, She just made it clear to my body.  You know there's special dietas observed by ayahuasquero and other vegetalista shamans, a different one for working with different plants?  These plants grant all sorts of  abilities, and with each they use a different diet -- for some of these herbs it's a minimum of six months on a specific diet it demands, for others up to two years -- it's like a college education, you invest several years into doing this.  But even if you're going to only briefly work with aya, there's a few simple dietary restrictions -- chiefly making sure that you consume no MAOI promoting foods, with a few other considerations.  You keep the diet for a week before and then at least three days after, and then you're good to go and can eat what you normally eat.  Theoretically.

Well, in my case, not so.  I developed an absolute aversion (couldn't stand the sight, smell, or even thought of it, let alone swallow a bite) to all things involving even trace amounts of grains for three weeks.  I didn't want any food at all for the first few days after the last ceremony to begin with, but when I did finally feel ready to eat something, it was ceviche of Amazonian fish and small octopi, aguaje (a fruit of a local palm tree I will miss forever unless I relocate to the rain forest permanently), fried plantains, eggs, and so on -- no grains.  I felt as though I was cleansed of an addiction, addiction to wheat (which contrary to the overwhelming thousands-years-long conditioning of a whole civilization is a drug much more than a food).  I eventually started eating grains again after a while, for a while, but I never felt differently about gluten-containing grans ever again, every time I would partake, I knew I fell off the wagon, as an addict would who starts using again.  So eventually I dropped this stuff for good.            

• Like 2

Yeah, it is nasty stuff haha. I am aware, no salt, meat or alcohol?  so no grains either with Aya either... interesting these things are mentioned across a few different cultures when desiring more expansive awareness, clarity etc.

First demonstration of a gun ! 

http://aso.gov.au/titles/documentaries/first-contact/clip1/

(link may not work for outside Oz ? ) 

https://vimeo.com/51548963

-  This one is 'First Contact' . The NG part of the Travelers in Time doco,  ( first plane arrives  @ 33:15 - a bit later , a phonograph !  I remember the early pidgin 'word' used to describe the first piano ever taken there; " You sit 'im, big table, hit black and white, fellah inside him sing out nice " .  ) 

another part was the American Indians ... amazing !

I remember one scene , a narrow cliff path, the horses and men in single file, the horses absolutely packed with photographic glass plates. A horse slips and goes over the edge and the horse and hundreds of original first contact photographs plunge to the bottom of the gorge in a shower of fractured glass - lost forever ! 

I would just bring a little portable speaker and play the sound effects from the first two minutes of this movie as I walked around.

It shows that image because, as the 'presenter' says, the person could 'remote view' ... that is, they imagined what something looked like  . 

( You should see my painting of ' Giant Space Octopus'  ... its coming out of a nebula , for some reason , its a popular painting for many - curious .  )