Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Jesus and Kechari

I don't know if I believe this, but it is interesting nonetheless. I found about 5 or 6 statements that hit me the wrong way in this video. For one, Mark Griffin said that the on/off switch for the senses is located just below the heart chakra and in this video it claims that it is situated near the back of the nasal cavity. (The diving board structure) Also, I cannot find a reference that says that the biblical bridal chamber is really the third eye or that it is even located in the head. Also, the narrator misreads the quotes twice which doesn't inspire confidence in his intellectual acumen. But I did notice that one of the credits is Ennio Nemis so I wonder how authentic that reference is...

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

new age correlations and co-optings...take it with lots of grains of salt... btw maybe this should be in the esoteric forum instead of in the Hindu one

I believe that the location of anything spiritual is in the third eye, which is in the four head. It is ironically where the pineal gland is located. 

So his theory is that you are supposed to balance Ida (sympathetic nervous system) and Pingala (para-sympathetic nervous system) to still the mind, which allows energy to travel up sushumna into ajna.

Is it valid to associate Ida and Pingala with the sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous system? And with the right and left brain?

I agree with the concept of bringing kundalini up to ajna, but for me his methods are too mechanical. Does kundalini yoga bring people to enlightenment? Ramana didn’t think so.

I think its very unlikely that Jesus was a kundalini yogi, I think its more likely that his wisdom is synonomous with the subtle unchanging truth, captured in the parables. I don’t think the wide road and narrow road are the mouth and the nasal passage. This seems like a case of see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear, an easy trap to fall into IMO. Not to say his kechari method is necessarily without merit, but why does he have to shore it up with a spurious biblical proof?

The speaker shifts very easily from the synoptics to John and any gnostic text which supports his position, so not credible for me, but he’s neither the first nor the last to try and make the connection between Jesus and Eastern wisdom. I’ve also read biographies that claim Jesus was in Egypt for those years.

So his theory is that you are supposed to balance Ida (sympathetic nervous system) and Pingala (para-sympathetic nervous system) to still the mind, which allows energy to travel up sushumna into ajna.

Is it valid to associate Ida and Pingala with the sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous system? And with the right and left brain?

Yes. It seems so. http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1979/haug79/2sides.shtml

I agree with the concept of bringing kundalini up to ajna, but for me his methods are too mechanical. Does kundalini yoga bring people to enlightenment? Ramana didn’t think so.

Ramana also dissuaded people from investigating reincarnation. He may have had his reasons.

I think its very unlikely that Jesus was a kundalini yogi, I think its more likely that his wisdom is synonomous with the subtle unchanging truth, captured in the parables. I don’t think the wide road and narrow road are the mouth and the nasal passage. This seems like a case of see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear, an easy trap to fall into IMO. Not to say his kechari method is necessarily without merit, but why does he have to shore it up with a spurious biblical proof?

I think Yogananda Paramhansa yogi knew that he had to blend Christianity into yoga if it was going to be accepted in the west.

The speaker shifts very easily from the synoptics to John and any gnostic text which supports his position, so not credible for me, but he’s neither the first nor the last to try and make the connection between Jesus and Eastern wisdom. I’ve also read biographies that claim Jesus was in Egypt for those years.

Yes, Egypt, and also in Europe, and even in Tibet. People love to speculate, don't they?

However, the mechanics of the kundalini process seems to be authentic in that video.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Yes. It seems so. http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1979/haug79/2sides.shtml

Ramana also dissuaded people from investigating reincarnation. He may have had his reasons.

I think Yogananda Paramhansa yogi knew that he had to blend Christianity into yoga if it was going to be accepted in the west.

Yes, Egypt, and also in Europe, and even in Tibet. People love to speculate, don't they?

However, the mechanics of the kundalini process seems to be authentic in that video.

Yes, a very clear article on ida and pingala. Thanks for that reference. I found myself thinking a bit about sympathetic/parasympathetic in these terms today, and right brain/left brain.

There must be a few different ways to balance these nadi's. Ramana would say self-enquiry. Ramana seems to be my main response to this video  :)

Hi Junko, how did you come to this? I know Jesus and Buddha as two unique spiritual beings. I do not experience them as one and the same.

Sorry about the late answer. I am not checking this forum everyday. To answer your question, it's just my creative thought. I feel that they both wanted to help humans in a similar way.

Jesus and Sakyamuni were two different persons but both were Buddha (awakened). Actually I totally believe Jesus was preaching buddhist teachings to the jews of those days.

• Like 1

The last time I was in a church I pointed to a statue of Jesus and remarked to my companion;

"I'm in the same line of business as that fellow - freelance yogi."

Perhaps I should watch the vid...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this