Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Favorite Music to Practice With?

Play em if ya got em. For those times you enjoy practicing w/ tunes, what do you listen to?

Spectrum

Qinxin heart music from Master Zhongxian Wu.

Very peaceful and beautiful.

Have practiced Taichi to this many times, and qigong as well.

Not generally attracted to doing practice to music, but since this is performed by my primary teacher it is very helpful for me to evoke the state conducive to cultivation.

http://www.masterwu.net/music.html

I hope some of you also find it beneficial.

Thank you. Have ordered.

One of my classmates often puts on some music for taiji/qigong practice. I don't know what it is specifically, but it's a mix of Asian and South American music mostly leaning toward solo or ensemble indigenous flutes.

i,m not being sarcastic, but i like hearing the birds where i live

there's a whistle.........silence.............whistle........silence..........

it feels like the vibration of the bird call awakens your cells........then silence etc.

and if anyones' ever heard the sound of a whipbird in australia? it's amazing

Edited by mat black

i,m not being sarcastic, but i like hearing the birds where i live

there's a whistle.........silence.............whistle........silence..........

it feels like the vibration of the bird call awakens your cells........then silence etc.

and if anyones' ever heard the sound of a whipbird in australia? it's amazing

yes! i stopped and listened to a blackbird today.

the beauty lifted my heart and brought out a big grateful smile.

i felt so lucky. steps were bouncy and light afterwards.

I listen to brainwave sounds. They are scientifically produced sounds to coax the brain to specific brain waves.

Alpha sounds are pouring down rain sounds with fast paced cricket like sounds in the background.

Theta is a relaxing water splashing sound as if you are taking a soothing bath with varying background sounds to take you deeper and deeper.

They have helped me tremendously. I always had problems getting songs to quit playing in my head. Concentrating on these sounds clears all thoughts quickly. I also had problems with incessant itching and wild twitching. Those phenomena have disappeared, except for a few mild twitches now and then.

Anybody else have experience with these?

downloaded :

"Gotaikaji (Cleanse the Body) by Hoei Sato (album Heart of perfect Wisdom) (world music)

i chant with him.

rough tough

and i think it works,

but then again..., thats maybe what makes it work ;)

i am now listning to:

Jane Winther's "Tibetan Templedrum, Wind Bell" from album Bardo....[/u](world music)

for meditative use.

Edited by rain

I tried Kelly Howell's CDs. They are brainwave related. It really help me sleep and meditate..

Q..

I don't know what effect it has on the flow of qi, but I've found the side project by Jhonn Balance entitled Time Machines to be particularly effective at helping me enter a state of emptiness. I know he was heavily drug-influenced, so again I don't know the effect on qi cultivation, it has seemed to help me with emptying though. You can find just a bit more info on wikipedia (here). I don't know that it's still available anywhere in cd or lp format, I had to get a copy from elsewhere, and if any of you know how to access elsewhere I'm sure you can find it.

I've also found some of Sigur Ros's work to be good for flooding the senses, though you have to make sure you pick and choose which tracks from which albums you're going to use in particular because some of the tracks are louder and more abrasive than others. I've found ( ) to be especially good for emptying thought.

-LDiR

I listen to brainwave sounds. They are scientifically produced sounds to coax the brain to specific brain waves.

Alpha sounds are pouring down rain sounds with fast paced cricket like sounds in the background.

Theta is a relaxing water splashing sound as if you are taking a soothing bath with varying background sounds to take you deeper and deeper.

They have helped me tremendously. I always had problems getting songs to quit playing in my head. Concentrating on these sounds clears all thoughts quickly. I also had problems with incessant itching and wild twitching. Those phenomena have disappeared, except for a few mild twitches now and then.

Anybody else have experience with these?

yes!

part of the bonus package i got from mwight! yours sounds pretty cool; if you're up for it, i'd love to trade with you.

the first track is rain and bell tones as you rapidly descend through alpha spectrum to theta in 30 min.

the second track is pure rain and it's immersion in the theta state for 30 min.

i use them occasionally for seated meditation, and i use them often with certain people when i do healing work.

Brain Sync is good. Holosync is a subscription based model and you will get endless junk mail and spam if you sign up for it. Brain Sync lets you buy mp3s and download them, no spam, no junk mail.

Sign in to follow this