3bob

how soon before the US in same state as Greece?

Fortunately, America is "too big to fail." So, with a much bigger debt, the far less likely America is to fail! :D

I don't necessarily follow your logic but apparently that is what many people believe.

"a fool and his money are soon parted", a foolish country and its money are also soon parted.

Not that I'm not necessarily a fool but I am very watchful of my money (assets).

I can't say that about my government.

Your narrative has no standing whatsoever. More libertarian talking points. You have not convinced me that you are not a neoliberal.

Not to put too fine a point on it, ralis, but I happen to be academically qualified to speak on the topic of business management, finance, economics and policy. In fact, I'm qualified to teach it -- a credential I sort of picked up along my journey. Just one of those inconvenient truths.

Doesn't mean I am necessarily correct, mind you, but it does give me standing. I am correct, of course, but not because of academic pedigree.

• Like 1

So the undervalued Euro is the only advantage that Germany has?

How about an education system geared toward career-building and industry?

Or a health care system that tends to workers needs?

Or unions that cooperate with companies to find the best compromises for workers and management?

Or steady investment in modernisation of its factories?

Or a work ethic that views quality products as self-evident?

Also, if it's so simple as taking advantage of an undervalued currency, why aren't other countries taking advantage of the undervalued Euro and becoming global export giants?

And while I'm at it, what's stopping the UK?

Ha ha .. sorry I didn't mean to insult Germany but you must admit the Eurozone is part of it's strategy.  yes Germany has a lot of strengths.  I was not saying that this was their only strategy but one of them.  As to the UK it is outside the Eurozone cos they saw structural weaknesses and also the economy works differently.  There is no appetite for a Federal Europe in the UK which is a major ideological difference too.  All this just amplifies my point that the Eurozone is false because the individual member countries promote their own domestic interest while pretending to be in a club ... and the main victims are the poor in every country and also the periferal countries generally.  

• Like 1

Not to put too fine a point on it, ralis, but I happen to be academically qualified to speak on the topic of business management, finance, economics and policy. In fact, I'm qualified to teach it -- a credential I sort of picked up along my journey. Just one of those inconvenient truths.

Doesn't mean I am necessarily correct, mind you, but it does give me standing. I am correct, of course, but not because of academic pedigree.

Nobel prize winner Dr. Milton Friedman was qualified to teach, but his supposition that supply side economics creates robust economies has been a failure. That point is easily proven. 

Nobel prize winner Dr. Milton Friedman was qualified to teach, but his supposition that supply side economics creates robust economies has been a failure. That point is easily proven.

Your narrative has no standing whatsoever.

:D

Honestly, anyone with an understanding of the dynamics of energetic flux recognizes that supply-side vs. demand-side is a false dichotomy -- neither supply nor demand is most important.
  • Like 1

Your narrative has no standing whatsoever.

:D

Why are you repeating what I wrote? From what I read of your narrative, you post very generalized statements as if such are facts. Further, I made a very good point regarding academic qualifications of a Nobel Prize winner and how his so called theories have created economic chaos.

So the undervalued Euro is the only advantage that Germany has?

Yes, because all you need to become an economically dominant exporter is simply a weak currency - like China's...or Zimbabwe!

_83589275_12_06_zimdollars.jpg

Whereas work ethic, workmanship, value, intellect, etc etc have NOTHING to do with the success of ANY business, much less the wealth of nations!!!

Edited by gendao

Honestly, anyone with an understanding of the dynamics of energetic flux recognizes that supply-side vs. demand-side is a false dichotomy -- neither supply nor demand is most important.

I was commenting on the downside of supply side. Not comparing and contrasting supply vs. demand. Are you willing to post a reasonable argument regarding the correct course of action?

I was commenting on the downside of supply side. Not comparing and contrasting supply vs. demand. Are you willing to post a reasonable argument regarding the correct course of action?

You are a bright guy, ralis, so it is clear to me that your inability to follow my comments stems from your ideological polarization rather than from any intellectual deficiency. The fact that you think it makes any sense whatsoever to comment "on the downside of supply side" or even to compare and contrast "supply vs. demand" -- to not recognize how ridiculous that position is -- reveals the complete opacity of your political blinders.

You are a bright guy, ralis, so it is clear to me that your inability to follow my comments stems from your ideological polarization rather than from any intellectual deficiency. The fact that you think it makes any sense whatsoever to comment "on the downside of supply side" or even to compare and contrast "supply vs. demand" -- to not recognize how ridiculous that position is -- reveals the complete opacity of your political blinders.

For your consideration, I offer the parametric oscillator...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_oscillator

I am absolutely able to follow your comments. I am simply narrowing the focus to some of the problems regarding recent policy decisions that are problematic in nature. Furthermore, to accuse me of political polarization is a specious argument. To posit that my observational/thinking skills are lacking borders on ad hominem attacks. Please refrain from such. 

For your consideration, I offer the parametric oscillator...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_oscillator

Apply that to current economic problems.

Non linear dynamic economic models may be more apropos. Why? There are myriad variables that interact along with specific initial conditions that make analysis of markets difficult to quantify/predict and therefor control. Variables are and not limited to; regulation, policy, human behavior, environmental conditions, specious theories and so forth.

• Like 1

I am absolutely able to follow your comments. I am simply narrowing the focus to some of the problems regarding recent policy decisions that are problematic in nature. Furthermore, to accuse me of political polarization is a specious argument. To posit that my observational/thinking skills are lacking borders on ad hominem attacks. Please refrain from such. 

I specifically did NOT posit that your observational or thinking skills are not lacking, ralis. In fact, I explicitly state the exact opposite. I did state, however, that the acute polarization of your ideology has the effect wearing a pair of these:

blinders.jpg

The fact that, in the post above, you state the belief that a conversation of "supply vs. demand" is rational demonstrates you simply don't get my point about a dynamic system. I know you are able to "get it"; I don't question your intelligence.

Apply that to current economic problems.

Non linear dynamic economic models may be more apropos. Why? There are myriad variables that interact along with specific initial conditions that make analysis of markets difficult to quantify/predict and therefor control. Variables are and not limited to; regulation, policy, human behavior, environmental conditions, specious theories and so forth.

I love how often you make my point for me without even realizing it.

:)

The difference being that I research everything (it is an illness, you see) while you openly refuse to research anything that is in conflict with your pre-conceived and emotionally driven notions.

Saying "go research it" is not an argument, or something that anyone would ever listen to. If you have evidence to prove your points, feel free to share it, and then people can actually research what you suggest and come to their own conclusions.

Saying "go research it" is not an argument, or something that anyone would ever listen to. If you have evidence to prove your points, feel free to share it, and then people can actually research what you suggest and come to their own conclusions.

Well said! He seems to be relying on me to think for him. See post; 

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38807-how-soon-before-the-us-in-same-state-as-greece/page-5#entry633848

Edited by ralis

You Americans are all depressed - you need some better happy pills.  Cheer up FFS.

Actually America is a country where optimism, happiness, and extraversion are all compulsory. These are the three pillars that support ponzi capitalism.   

• Like 1

Well said! He seems to be relying on me to think for him. See post; 

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38807-how-soon-before-the-us-in-same-state-as-greece/page-5#entry633848

On the contrary, I've actually done the research -- the innerwebz makes it easy these days -- and the disparate impact is stunning. Neither of you would trust any sources I provided nor respect any analysis I offered and, frankly, I don't care whether your paradigms get shifted. Do the research or don't -- it's your mind.

On the contrary, I've actually done the research -- the innerwebz makes it easy these days -- and the disparate impact is stunning. Neither of you would trust any sources I provided nor respect any analysis I offered and, frankly, I don't care whether your paradigms get shifted. Do the research or don't -- it's your mind.

I have done the research also, but unlike your narrative I usually post references. If you have a teaching certificate, why not indulge us?

I still suspect you are more Libertarian/Neoliberal than you let on.