qibrush

Kundalini energy, how to direct?

Talking is fine, but very often, the talking revolves all around the 'i'. Kundalini dont care too much about the 'i'. If it did, it would not be the real thing. 

Moreover, no two experiences are the same, so there is really no helpful reason to 'compare notes'. Doing so tend to complicate matters and sets up imaginary limitations and boundaries where there are none. Essentially there are no limitations, but, human nature is such that engaging in small talk to discover commonalities seem to create some sort of fragile reassurance that what is being experienced is validated. This in itself disempowers the journey. Spiritual evolution is not a common thing, like most of the other mundane stuff people do - it is arduous, painful, lonely, and often demands extreme sacrifices. Those who have a habit of seeking company and mutual exchanges on the way will have to be prepared to walk a bit further and longer. Nothing really wrong with that, but there are more efficient means of travel, thats all. 

Yes CT, I do agree with you, and putting it like that makes me understand it some better. You say about the same as I hear in the dojo: "every one his/her travel is unique and needs no validation, all experiences are allright, no need to talk about it. Talking about it can freeze something in a mold that should stay fluid. ( not easy to translate it from dutch)

Some people might 'use' it as a "ah, look how spiritual I am"...thereby making it to an accomplishment of the mind/ego/something which imho it is decidedly not. When they go on with it after you mention that to them, well, it's their path/development whatever.

On the other hand, for me, i find at the moment I try to understand a little of what has happened to me. A thread  like this one thereby comes into my awareness and i mainly see a question for constructive help. I deem that a honest question that needs some answers.

And that is the difference, when you ask a question because you really are getting stuck, you need someone with more experience than you to give you a little push, back on course. That's something else as 'comparing notes'

But I like what I read by you and Spotless and RBV, it's more eh..philosophical in nature. Gives me a little insight, thereby...I may be feeding the always analyzing I again...that's true...seems to me it's a slowly moving balance

Edited by blue eyed snake

Am I the puppet, or the puppet-master?

Or am I the strings that connect one to the other?

As the whole, I am one with all.

Yet within this spirit-and-body I am as a puppet, playing as a puppet-master.

When I trace the lines of momentum between the spirit-and-body and the whole, I realize that everything connects back to one along a multitude of threads, woven like a tapestry. Each of these has shaped what I am now.

To focus on any of them individually invites getting lost within the beauty of that specific pattern.

To focus only on the quickest path back to the whole is to risk leaving behind stray threads.

Intent upon the formless, embodied in the form, trusting and resting upon all lineages in between, one becomes and dissolves these threads into energy, and this energy passes between form and formlessness until form completely returns to the origin.

Edited by Daeluin

If your statement of above was true in general, what would be the point of a lineage? Or shared models and teaching?

Lineage is mainly for verifying authenticity. An eaglet trained by a sparrow becomes a sparrow, so its important to first recognise one's true nature, and then be guided by those who live according to that same recognition. 

I dont understand what you mean by shared models.

As for the purpose of teachings, i think its quite obvious. Ultimately, all teachings have to be discarded, just like an eaglet, at some point, having to leave the nest to fulfill its destiny. Timing is crucial. A lineage master will know when the student is ready. The nest becomes obsolete after the fact. Nature demands letting go, but not in a careless manner. 

• Like 2

Lineage is mainly for verifying authenticity. An eaglet trained by a sparrow becomes a sparrow, so its important to first recognise one's true nature, and then be guided by those who live according to that same recognition. 

I dont understand what you mean by shared models.

As for the purpose of teachings, i think its quite obvious. Ultimately, all teachings have to be discarded, just like an eaglet, at some point, having to leave the nest to fulfill its destiny. Timing is crucial. A lineage master will know when the student is ready. The nest becomes obsolete after the fact. Nature demands letting go, but not in a careless manner. 

Authenticity of "what" if there is not some shared teaching or discussion?  But, yes, I would agree that all such teachings need to be dropped.

Thanks.

Authenticity of "what" if there is not some shared teaching or discussion?  But, yes, I would agree that all such teachings need to be dropped.

Thanks.

Authenticity of recognition of the very nature of one's true beingness that is not bound to the three times.

Teachings and discussions can provide a conceptual platform to work in bringing about and stabilising recognition. Its easy to forget and be distracted by the myriad things that incessantly arise and fade in our minds.

The OP is temporarily experiencing a sort of stuckness because he or she thinks that kundalini is somehow separate from him or her. As long as there is this perception of separation there will be no peace. 

• Like 2

valid "teachings" or in a lot of cases more appropriately stated as mental methods are not just tossed per-se but set down at the point where they are no longer applicable - but I don't think that means that they can not be picked back up and used where or when they become applicable again.

Edited by 3bob

The desire to define energies and label them without understanding them at all is unnecessary and not helpful.

Even if we were to say that qi is life force and kundalini is life force so they are both life force - does that make them one and the same?

We can say water and ice and steam and snow are all the same - but they are also very much not the same.

Your body is made up of a large quantity of water - not ice - not snow.

Rainbowvein pointed out the transmutations of Qi but not a question was asked.

Kundalini is not a "pesky thing" and it is not Qi - they are not interchangeable - it is not a matter of being a purist or otherwise.

We have language for a reason - we call water water and snow snow because they are entirely different in form, feeling, structure, temperature (for the most part), and more.

Imagine the following conversation:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep water, the cliffs above were thick with water that threatened us from above.

In the sky water floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on water swept clean from the fierce wind.

The understandable version:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep snow, the cliffs above were thick with snow pack that threatened us from above.

In the sky clouds floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on ice swept clean from the fierce wind.

Ah - but you may say that these are all still aspects of the same thing - but that is not actually true - they all contain the same elements but the vibration of each is unique - and in this analogy - the vibration of the different energies that are being discussed affect us in radically different ways.

Imagine if ice were coursing through your veins- you would be dead very quickly from hemmoraging and hypothermia.

If steam we venting up your spine - you would be dead within seconds or completely wheelchair bound.

Look at it another way - your monkey mind is speaking, it is holding you in babble and labeling nothing about things you know nothing of in curious cabinets that appear to make sense of nothing.

Rather than allow the fool to rein - (which has been done here) - when someone such as Rainbowvein offers what appears to be real insight - ask a question. The monkey mind just reacts - it does not want to actually know - it likes to make noise that appears to make sense - like "I use qi and kundalini interchangeably though the purist go nut with this". The monkey mind loves this kind of babble - it creates reactionary babble and the buzz completely overwhelms stillness and actual communication.

In my personal experience, I saw a red cap (which I understand to be my Kundalini cap), and my mother saw a red blinking eye waking up (root chakra), after I had converted my  jing energy and brought it up to the MDT, and not before. I believe the MDT is associated with Qi, so experientially, for myself, I do equate awakening kundalini energy with Qi, very specifically.  

And in another personal experience, I had a dream of a snake forcefully striking the back of my neck where it joins the head, it kept striking without venom until I realised that it was just physically obstructed there and wanted to pass, and that I just needed to drop my head forward to allow it to pass. This is clearly kundalini symbolism, which in Daoist terms I believe would be referred to as the Jade pillow, and to allow Qi to pass the head needs to come forward, and also the neck can be tapped at this point to allow the energy to pass through.

So again, there seems to be a strong similarity between Daoism and kundalini terminology in my experience. I would find it hard to not notice these similarities, and once noticed, I would find it even harder to ignore them. The similarities are interesting to me.

Edited by Bindi