Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Free Invention Ideas for the World to Share

Here members may post their canny, creative, and otherwise neat invention ideas for the purposes of sharing said ideas with humanity free of charge.

Posting here does not mean you came up with the idea, it just means that you yourself haven't heard of it, and would like to share it, just in case it has never been done before.

Please feel free to post pictures, schematics, etc.

or even just a short blip about something you think might be cool..

I might change the formatting options to make things more clear, but for now, try to keep each idea in one post, and edit that post to reflect any updates. If people respond to your invention post with more ideas about your idea to improve it, you can then 'subsume' their recommendations into your original post, leaving credits to them in the post somewhere, and they can then delete their reply posts to keep the thread more clean, once their ideas have been integrated.

• Like 3

GPS trackable:

-Keys

-keychains

-wallets

-purses

-sneakers

-jewelry

-anything else of value

intended purpose:

-prevent recovery in the case of theft, loss, etc.

-track where the item goes using apps...in the case of sneakers, you could track where you hiked, etc. (phones already have apps for this, but not everyone always wants to carry a phone on them)

-if your children become kidnapped, and they wear these things, you can track them

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

A tracker for grade school age kids for outdoor community events, so kids can go run around and play while parents chat or listen to music, but it should beep or make some alert if they wander past a preset area. We thought of that at Shakespeare in the Park last summer, kids wandered the park while adults watched. Not even necessarily gps tracker just a sensor with an alert.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 1

Not an invention as much as something from another country that'd be nice everwhere.

In Israel they had tough simple bodyweight exercise machines at most of the parks.  Nautilus-like but few moving parts and you lifted, pushed or rowed your body weight.  It made it easy to get a good work out.  

We have some similar things in Chicago, but they're almost all static devices you hop around, instead of true exercise machines.

I'd love to see community fruit tree 'forests' in every large park.  Groves of trees and an ethos of pick what you'll eat then and there, leave some for others.  With some benches and sitting areas to encourage people to eat together outside. 

• Like 6

Sometimes the best inventions are the easy ones.  Walking with my son yesterday I came up with this.  A vase with a lip that folds over it which would have holes cut out for individual flowers.

Instead of putting flowers in en masse, you'd put them through the holes which would spread them out and make the display look fuller, better balanced.  Holes would have to be large enough for thorns and leaves, but I think it work well.  I wouldn't be surprised if its already out there.

<Hey after 5 months spell check has returned.  :)   Firefox finally works again when I'm on the Bums.  I wonder if this'll make my writing better or worse?

• Like 2

The Cool Pillow:

Buy a large size freezable gel pack that stays malleable (has to be ordered online most likely...), of good size dimensions, and you put it in the center of your pillow. I was thinking memory foam with a slit cut in it..."Keep your head cool!" - great for hot summer nights....

• Like 1

SADD goggles:

Instead of big bulky lumen therapy lamps, some enterprising engineer should just make a pair of goggles you put on which are of the right frequency, wavelength, lumens, etcetera to give you some good light therapy...then set your alarm for the time you want to pre-wake up in the morning, and put your lumens therapy I goggles on and stretch and roll around in the beautiful light bath...

• Like 2

A tracker for grade school age kids for outdoor community events, so kids can go run around and play while parents chat or listen to music, but it should beep or make some alert if they wander past a preset area. We thought of that at Shakespeare in the Park last summer, kids wandered the park while adults watched. Not even necessarily gps tracker just a sensor with an alert.

These already exist in many forms and for many years - they are perimeter alert devices. You can buy them for kids, pets and wandering Alzheimer patients, as well as for things of value. Some are as cheap as $10 and as high as whatever the .5% will bare.

They can be simple devices that make a sound when the two get separated for preset distances. If your expensive car or spouse wanders a certain distance from the house an alarm will go off. If your child wanders away the alarm will go off on your phone or on a device around your neck or in your pocket or purse.

Of course they also have them with multiple trackers and gps devices - many fleets keep track of where a car or truck has been, average speeds, break times and loading and unloading times.

Cheap ones: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=distance+alarm&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=37353764705&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3388563851849822122&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_u4zhua5dz_b

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I like them all except the damn light right in my eyes first thing in the morning, maybe if it was gradual. An overhead lumen therapy light for the shower might be good.

The vase needs a way to add new water without making a mess or displacing flowers. Maybe a funnel. It sounds sort of like a toothbrush holder, but with more holes. It seems like toothbrush holders with nonstandard (they're always 4) # of holes could be a niche for families of 3 or 5 and so on.

Good to know for perimeter tracker although we're past stage of needing one now.

What I want now that may exist too is a calendar app that syncs up with alarms that can be set to go off before events. I'm pretty meticulous about putting events in my calendar and we have a lot of activities that vary by day of week. Even my work schedule irregular. I don't like watching the clock all the time and I'm not good at it, but dislike mess of rushing around or being late for things even more. Every morning I set alarms on my phone to go off at the time I should get ready for things. If J has guitar lesson at 7, I set alarm for 6:30 to cue for it. I want alarms i can set as part of calendar ahead of time and just quick review and revise in morning. Even an alarm apart from calendar that could be set to go off 6:30 Weds.only would be helpful.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 1

A machine that will help man achieve a higher conscious level that others can't. By being hooked up to this machine you are able to contact your spirit guides with ease; increase your ability of astral project and OBE. The machine would also help increase your imagination as it would unleashed the full capacity of your brain. However this idea could back fire as it would more than likely be powered by artificial intelligence rather than natural intelligence.

Edited by CoolBreezy

A machine that will help man achieve a higher conscious level that others can't. By being hooked up to this machine you are able to contact your spirit guides with ease; increase your ability of astral project and OBE. The machine would also help increase your imagination as it would unleashed the full capacity of your brain. However this idea could back fire as it would more than likely be powered by artificial intelligence rather than natural intelligence.

hmmn, probably easier to invent the opposite device.  ie if you can't achieve a higher conscious level then others, a machine that helps man achieve a lower conscious level.  We can call it TV..

back to OP

They've had goggles that flashed lights and had biaural sound effect programs in them for decades.  They never really took off though.   I think the closest might be some guided meditation programs like The Monroe Institute. 

Sponsor a Yogi-village; Group share project...those to be sponsored must write a book by the end of a TBD period. The book is then sold and if the sales of the book don't pay for the stay, they must then work to pay back the difference. TBC.

hmmn, probably easier to invent the opposite device.  ie if you can't achieve a higher conscious level then others, a machine that helps man achieve a lower conscious level.  We can call it TV..

back to OP

They've had goggles that flashed lights and had biaural sound effect programs in them for decades.  They never really took off though.   I think the closest might be some guided meditation programs like The Monroe Institute. 

I've been interested in The Monroe Institute for some time now, I might have to pick up one of his books when I get the chance.

I've tried those goggles before. Not what I'm talking about. If the lumen therapy lamps are able to abate depression through effects on the pineal gland, then why not shrink the device so it can be taken anywhere? Is the light hitting the skin necessary? As long as one takes vitamin-D, etc...I don't mean for these to replace natural sunlight or anything...just to augment the light therapy process...it seems to me that if goggles were used, energy would be saved vs. Big bulky lumen therapy lamps that aren't so portable...

Edited by Songtsan

<snip>

What I want now that may exist too is a calendar app that syncs up with alarms that can be set to go off before events. I'm pretty meticulous about putting events in my calendar and we have a lot of activities that vary by day of week. Even my work schedule irregular. I don't like watching the clock all the time and I'm not good at it, but dislike mess of rushing around or being late for things even more. Every morning I set alarms on my phone to go off at the time I should get ready for things. If J has guitar lesson at 7, I set alarm for 6:30 to cue for it. I want alarms i can set as part of calendar ahead of time and just quick review and revise in morning. Even an alarm apart from calendar that could be set to go off 6:30 Weds.only would be helpful.

I use Outlook for my calendar and synchronize it with my smartphone. That way, I have alerts & reminders for appointments, meetings, etc., and I can set multiple alarms (recurring or not) for other times of events that for whatever reason don't fit the "meeting reminder" model. I receive so many e-mails that I have turned off aural message notification so the only time my phone makes a noise is for reminders and phone calls.

Works pretty well for me.

• Like 2

Gel flip-flops that leave Mehndi inspired tan lines on the feet when worn during sunny months...actually you could have various designs, not limited to Mehndi, such as animal shapes, religious icons, or anything else.

• Like 2

Gel flip-flops that leave Mehndi inspired tan lines on the feet when worn during sunny months...actually you could have various designs, not limited to Mehndi, such as animal shapes, religious icons, or anything else.

Great idea, it can be used beyond flip flops into shirts, creating tan lines for chest, arms and back.

• Like 1

I thought of that too...bras, etc. But it seemed like a limited surface area (straps, etc.)...

My invention idea, is for the world to use a certain type of plastic.

The invention is that everyone have at their home a plastic converting machine (plastic printer). The community can have a machine or the individual houses.

Anyways people transform their plastic waste into something usable. Example. Collect ten water bottles and turn them into a Toy action figure.

This would reduce plastic waste and stop people from giving away free money to the illuminati when they dispose of their plastic.

• Like 2

I have always called for the universal utilization of hemp for everything from clohes, to fuel, to food, to medicine, and more.

A nontoxic plastic derrived from hemp strikes me as the most sensible approach to that! :D

• Like 1

I was always interested in becoming a recombinant DNA scientist and creating new plants that could produce THC....THC Tomatoes!

• Like 1

Crossing tomatoes, cannabis, and pines, to create the ultimate resource on earth!!!

Grows massive trunks and stalks up to 500 feet tall, bears hairy THC-full buds that eventually ripen into tomatoes!!! (full of all those medicinal CBDs and other cannabinoids! :D)

Hear here!   :lol:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this