Jeff

Opposed to expansion of thread owner control to general forum...

we are discussing about one section being the new op moderated way, right?

not the entire forum?

Yes.

But wait!

We are really talking about the entire concept of Anarchy.

i had a similar idea when i was mod. i wanted to use the article section in a very similar way as being proposed here.

the article section was immediately done away with entirely as a response to my idea.

There was an article section for some time... it was a home for some...

Sean did a massive consolidation after I tried to expand out a few new areas... He dumped articles and moves the threads, and merged several of the Forum/Tech areas into one area, got rid of a few other areas...

Expansion-Contraction-Expansion-Contraction... this seems to be the way so far.

Checking back the first post by Jeff, I think he was looking at the entire site.

Once you allow the government to take any one of your freedoms it will continue to take and take until you have no freedoms left.  Welcome to the herd.

I never have been a gambling man.
Unless you can see the future,,everything is at least a little gambly. Strange you should consider delegation of moderation to be a reduction in the control exercised by the state, but even if I thought that as well, I dont buy the slippery slope argument, starting with that premise, one can never make compromise ,and one has already opted ,not to opt for the most reasonable solution ,but rather the most polemic. Thats how wars start. :)

Once you allow the government to take any one of your freedoms it will continue to take and take until you have no freedoms left.  Welcome to the herd.

This section gives a private citizen the powers of the government over what's his or hers.  It's akin to overruling the laws that, e.g., prohibit abortions.  It takes the right to decide from the government and puts it back in the private hands and hearts.  It's akin to abolishing the prohibition.  It's akin to ending the war on drugs.  It's akin to overruling the recently proposed (or maybe already implemented, don't remember which) horrific law that criminalizes private citizens' owning bulletproof vests.   

But from a different POV, you still have federal government and its laws (Admin and the Mods) but now you are adding State government and its even more restricting laws.

If everyone became a Moderator nothing would ever remain posted on this board because there will always be someone who didn't like what was said and it would be deleted.

A forum without posts.  But yeah, this would eliminate arguments and disagreements.

It's akin to overruling the recently proposed (or maybe already implemented, don't remember which) horrific law that criminalizes private citizens' owning bulletproof vests.   

I wasn't aware of this and know only what you have presented here.

Interesting. the police can have protective armor and kill unarmed citizens but citizens are not allowed to protect themselves.

Interesting. the police can have protective armor and kill unarmed citizens but citizens are not allowed to protect themselves.

Seems similar to states which banned radar detectors...

• Like 1

But from a different POV, you still have federal government and its laws (Admin and the Mods) but now you are adding State government and its even more restricting laws.

It may *seem* like an additional layer but I think the theory is that the Admin/Mod layer should diminish in use and role.  Thread owners don't need to report something, if they feel the posting is off-topic, trolling, etc... they can remove it. 

Its possible some let stuff go off-topic too long and then want staff to split it out.  We'll just have to see.

If everyone became a Moderator nothing would ever remain posted on this board because there will always be someone who didn't like what was said and it would be deleted.

A forum without posts.  But yeah, this would eliminate arguments and disagreements.

I don't think the goal is to eliminate arguments and disagreements but rather they get refined in the end.   You can argue and disagree with a point but if its not done in a respectful way, or done as heckling, or done as simply rude, the topic starter can remove it.

If topic starters are in fact simply abusing the use of such power, who's going to post in their topics anymore?

So it seems you can cut up posts but you'll end up cutting off your own head if you keep doing it.

No argument with what you have said.  But I must continue to support my non-agreement philosophy. 

Hey!, we are talking about Anarchy here.  The more limits there are the greater the number of sheeple there will be.  (Actually, that's not how the saying goes but I modified it to make it fit.)

And I don't mind at all if you stay out of it and feel good about it, I just wanted to make sure you do it for the right reason (being a stubborn young sage) rather than the wrong one (not understanding what it is about).

• Like 1

(sigh)

I thought it was such a good idea...

I don't think I have suggested that it isn't a good idea.  I am simply presenting an opposing view.  What will be will be and it won't effect my interaction here at all.

• Like 1