sunshine

Lin (Aiwei): sexual activity

spot on.

It isnt moralistic. There is lots of pleasure. And spiritual benefit as well as energetic balance.

I'd be surprised if Lin says someting other than that. And if you do Lin, I'd love to know the source and intention of such practises. There are many different strands of Taoism.

HEHEHE :D

I do stand by close cultivation of morals in my practice, so I would be inclined to promote a proper mind in doing things...to what I have found through Daoist and Buddhist cultivation. To each their own, yet if no moral guidelines..just basic... then the person should be very very mindful/careful. There is too much influence out there for evil.

The sources for morality come both from Daoist and Buddhist schools. In Daoist cultivation, you don't be selfish, but you don't give everything to the person in dual cultivation because it will be a waste for you and create greed in them. Daoist cultivation is also keeping to patience, compassion and wisdom, just uusing a pathway of don't get involved unless you find it the will of heaven, when it comes to societal problems and such. Buddhist school gives their all under wise discrimination of the conditions and causes, either of the will of heaven or not, given certain situations, a Buddhist cultivator would get involved through certain means so as to maintain a peace, even at the expense of their own life.

For dual cultivation, though Buddhists do not really go through sex as a means to build up their life force, there are some methods, I am sure we have heard of some tantra.. but still, even tantra wasn't to be for sexual uses to a certain extent. I wish I remember exactly how I know that... one of my forgetful moments, I apologize.. lol

Peace,

Lin

Pleasure isn't important, it is a state and passes. More important is the cultivation. Sex isn't for pleasure really...just having kids and building life force. Building life force is gaining lots of energy. So when you do not ejaculate, you still have the sensation to continue, but you can choose to stop and cultivate it, or continue and pull in more.

Enlightenment isn't important, it is a state and passes. More important is sex. Enlightenment is simply part of the process for men to improve their sexual prowess, by bringing the sexual energy up to their foreheads so they can give women energy from two places on their bodies. Energy is there to be passed back and forth between a man and a woman, bringing great pleasure to both--every day. In this way our bodies are wiser than our rational minds. In true sexual union at all points--genitals, heart and mind, men and women partake of the divine union and feel the love that courses through all things. The woman reaches union with the male essence, with the cosmic Yang, and likewise the man flows into Yin. ;)

See, I am all upside-down and backwards! :lol:

BUT it is very easy to fall into the stimulation and forget the cultivation...then POOF its all done. This is where pleassure will be the obstacle...haha

Nicely put. That is my problem with sex.

I start with a "goal" for the session but it all just gets too enjoyable and thoughts of cultivation stop and I just have fun! So far I have only felt satisfied without ejaculation once.

Afterwards it's like.... well that was a LOT of fun but not really what I wanted. i.e. enjoyable but not "cultivation"

Working with sexual energy is not something I understand. I don't understand why it is conserved and what to do with it once you "cultivate" some. I know theories, but have no practical experience in how this "feels" for me.

Will be interesting to see if I can "feel" a difference with this Kunlun practice. It's the first thing I have done that requires celibacy, so we will see what happens :)

i haven't ejaculated for will be 3 weeks now and to be honest i don't feel much different. physically i suppose i'm a bit stronger since my body isn't on the cycle of trying to replenish the lost sperm but if something is going on in the spiritual level i'm not yet keen enough to tell. if i haven't had a wet dream i suppose my body is growing on the inside and it needs the energy so even in my awake hours i keep myself dry.

what you all must keep in mind is that lin is a monk and their life is much more different. no disrespect in any way or form to you, lin, i just personally think life must be enjoyed more. i think the monk life is too bland and egyptian-ish in the esque that more emphasis is placed on enlightenment or your next life rather than enjoying what you have. if you cannot be happy now how could you be happy in the next life? or the life after that?

mal, i personally think if you enjoy it who cares? it's like picking a career. do what you want first and let the money come later; money comes and goes, true happiness is forever.

Edited by mantis

i haven't ejaculated for will be 3 weeks now and to be honest i don't feel much different. physically i suppose i'm a bit stronger since my body isn't on the cycle of trying to replenish the lost sperm but if something is going on in the spiritual level i'm not yet keen enough to tell. if i haven't had a wet dream i suppose my body is growing on the inside and it needs the energy so even in my awake hours i keep myself dry.

{Snip}

mal, i personally think if you enjoy it who cares?

Have to agree, don't they say "Easy is right, be right and you are easy" :)

But I don't try to pass off having sex as a spiritual practice. Basically I had given up on retention as a practice, at least untill "I" could "feel" a difference between retention and ejaculation. And was just using Dr Lyns method for fun and enjoyment.

But then along came Kunlun.

Enlightenment isn't important, it is a state and passes. More important is sex. Enlightenment is simply part of the process for men to improve their sexual prowess, by bringing the sexual energy up to their foreheads so they can give women energy from two places on their bodies. Energy is there to be passed back and forth between a man and a woman, bringing great pleasure to both--every day. In this way our bodies are wiser than our rational minds. In true sexual union at all points--genitals, heart and mind, men and women partake of the divine union and feel the love that courses through all things. The woman reaches union with the male essence, with the cosmic Yang, and likewise the man flows into Yin. ;)

See, I am all upside-down and backwards! :lol:

lol :-)

There are four states of enlightenment, and the last state is complete meaning one will not fall back into their old habits. There are many levels of awakening, but it isn't enlightenment.. haha. Having sex cannot get one to enlightenment, but can lead them to a state of awakening and understanding.

In the practice of dual sexual cultivation, complete enlightenment cannot be attained. Experience of states of awakening, and some attainment of understanding can be attained. Enlightenment, real enlightenment, doesn't pass. When one attains a state of enlightenment, they are at that state. It doesn't pass, but the person may fall back to all bad habits and forget again.

The enlightenment was always there, but the person's capacity to awaken to it fully wasn't strong enough. At the fourth level of enlightenment, one will not turn back towards their old habits..and the expedient of sex would have been long dropped, for that is not an essential expedient to attain awakening. it is only an expedient that leads so far.

It is for building life force, and familiarizing oneself with certain levels and states of energy. It is not ultimate, and it will not result in complete enlightenment. BUT it will result in some states of awakening, familiarizing and understanding some energies and realms if taught how, and build one's life force.

Then again.. different traditions will see such practices different. its good to share.

Cultivation...enlightenment is important. Abilities, bliss...all of that comes as a result of cultivation.Enlightenment as well...it is all revealed through proper cultivation and putting down. It is not to be grasped, therefore it will not be a state. States are states because they are either sought after, or held onto.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

you are a buddhist monk, am i correct?

No. Not a monk at all. I cultivate both Buddhist and Daoist cultivation. I teach virtue and morals, under the guise of English in China. I don't teach methods that are not fit for people, and I don't directly tell them it is of certain schools of cultivation.. its safer that way. I teach my English students methods to recognize their habits, behavior, lifestyle, and understand how to change them to just be a good person. I can't teach Qigong, meditation and the like in my classes. That will not swing well with the authorities. haha

I cannot leave the home life due to a vow I took for the sake of my fiance and her cultivation.

If it wasn't for that vow, I would leave the home life; the sky would be my blanket and the ground my bed.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

what you all must keep in mind is that lin is a monk and their life is much more different. no disrespect in any way or form to you, lin, i just personally think life must be enjoyed more. i think the monk life is too bland and egyptian-ish in the esque that more emphasis is placed on enlightenment or your next life rather than enjoying what you have. if you cannot be happy now how could you be happy in the next life? or the life after that?

mal, i personally think if you enjoy it who cares? it's like picking a career. do what you want first and let the money come later; money comes and goes, true happiness is forever.

hahaha I am no monk my cultivation brother.. haha

In the cultivation I work with, there is no after life, no reincarnation, and no future life. It is all Thus. Therefore..though there are different forms that are taken in mind, it is still the same thing...only different views.

I can speak on reincarnation, hells, heavens, future and the now, and it will only be to the minds which need those things to understand, do good things since they cannot put down what they hold onto.

Enjoyment is only in the mind of the one who views enjoyment. My "enjoyment" is much more different than that of others. hehehe and I like laughing ^_^

It seems bland, leaving the home life, and the like, but that is because one would be looking through a view of sense and emotional life. There is another world out there that is full of a pleasure not available through sex, and emotions, and the like. But the eyes can't see that until it is cleared from the obstacles of our desires and emotions, senses.. hehehe

This other world is right in, around, outside in front in back of all of us, is all of us, and is neither of us. It is never going, coming, residing and not residing. A riddle, but not sarcastically saying it. I am serious. :)

I do have sex...not much ... haha but like I said, my enjoyment of things are much different from how things are enjoyed by others.

Keep in mind, I don't hold to religious dogma...both Buddhist Sutras and Daoist texts are not viewed as dogma. They are merely cultivation methods to put down that which we have a problem putting down. "Returning" to a manner that is never left.

:D

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

I cannot leave the home life due to a vow I took for the sake of my fiance and her cultivation.

If it wasn't for that vow, I would leave the home life; the sky would be my blanket and the ground my bed.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

----------------------------------------------------------

I see. thank you. I was so touched by your wows to your wife. Maybe you would like to share with her this poem I found in my parents home, it's a Penguin Signet book from 1948,

"100 American Poems" you seem like a man who truly contemplates your woman and would understand these words by Wallace Stevens, 1879-

IT MUST BE ABSTRACT

I am the spouse. She took her necklace off

And laid it in the sand. As I am, I am

The spouse. She opened her stone-studded belt.

I am the spouse, divested of bright gold,

The spouse beyond emerald or amethyst,

Beyond the burning body that I bear.

I am the woman stripped more nakedly

Than nakedness, standing before an inflexible

Order, saying I am the contemplated spouse.

Speak to me that, which spoken, will array me

In its own only precious ornament.

Set on me the spirit's diamond coronal.

Clothe me entire in the final filament,

So that I tremble with such love so known

And myself am precious for your perfecting.

Edited by rain

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

----------------------------------------------------------

I see. thank you. I was so touched by your wows to your wife. Maybe you would like to share with her this poem I found in my parents home, it's a Penguin Signet book from 1948,

"100 American Poems" you seem like a man who truly contemplates your woman and would understand these words by Wallace Stevens, 1879-

IT MUST BE ABSTRACT

I am the spouse. She took her necklace off

And laid it in the sand. As I am, I am

The spouse. She opened her stone-studded belt.

I am the spouse, divested of bright gold,

The spouse beyond emerald or amethyst,

Beyond the burning body that I bear.

I am the woman stripped more nakedly

Than nakedness, standing before an inflexible

Order, saying I am the contemplated spouse.

Speak to me that, which spoken, will array me

In its own only precious ornament.

Set on me the spirit's diamond coronal.

Clothe me entire in the final filament,

So that I tremble with such love so known

And myself am precious for your perfecting.

I would have to translate it to Chinese.. haha It is a nice poem indeed!

Thank you for sharing it :)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Body urges are said to be natural, but they come from the senses which are blocked once there is a sense. Meaning, your ears have a function. They hear. BUT when there is a sound, the hearing is now blocked by the sound. There is only the sound present. That means there is no more hearing.

So with the sexual urges, it is a sense of touch, and mind together. Being mindful of touching which results in further stimulation of where the mind wants to focus due to habit...sex.

Also, being taught how to successfully direct that energy into more productive cultivation is vital to succeeding without night emissions...no more wasting Jing! hahaha

The body's nature is to feel...nerves help it do that, and by our mind we create our idea of reality according to it. So, when we feel something as strong as sex, we believe it to be something so natural and powerful, and a must do! haha Of course its fun for most, but when done to release Jing, it take a big chunk of our Qi, and a big chunk of our cultivation.

Thank you. I think this is really important. And I've never heard it put so directly before.

As Barry Long always used to say: "It may be normal, but it ain't natural!"

Nobody wants to believe that sex is thought and love is presence.

As Barry Long always used to say: "It may be normal, but it ain't natural!"

Nobody wants to believe that sex is thought and love is presence.

Very true... very true

Hi Lin. I took Sunshine to be asking about this particular aspect, with regard to moralism. ie One rule for the girls, one for the boys.

Not just good practise and right attitude in the more general sense.

Oh...? Didn't see that. haha

Well, I haven't heard of monks saying to enjoy it to women and men to be careful... :)

It does come down to keeping a good view about things. Like if a woman wants to "enjoy" it and thus

goes out to have lots of sex for the enjoyment of it, or even indulges with her one partner, it would be an indulgence into greed for the view/idea of enjoyment of it.

So the moral foundation to keep in mind would be to not indulge by desire wise, but to commence in the cultivation methods involved in dual cultivation for the sake of building life force, and refining, etc.

It should be both ways, for men and women. Not to just be careful for men, and women to enjoy it.. lol

Yet, enjoyment is still a state, and does cloud the mind. When I say greed, I refer to the manner of wanting the sensation that comes through sex. Keeping right view would be to not commence through the desire for it, but to use sex for the purpose of cultivation. The wanting, seeking, for enjoyment with the cultivation in sex can still lead to keeping the desire for it there.

That was what I meant. :D

Peace and Blessings,

Lin