JinlianPai

Golden Immortal

Bagua is cool but im really into my art right now.

I have to clarify, your art is intriguing.

"My" art is not bagua, but bagua is part of my art.

"My art" is Omniversiality; "all things".

I am in pursuit of everything that can be pursued, the whole sum total of all of infinity.

That includes - only includes - never excludes - every art form - bagua, yoga, taijiquan, golden lotus, you name it.

All of them.

I've said the very same of Bagua.  Nothing that i have experienced myself compares to it.

All the more encouraging, your words, to seek out the Golden Lotus n_n

Ah, but all i have for now are questions, i must first improve my own practice before i even consider trying to take on anything additional.

Most specifically, the 8 gua are representative of natural forces, but they are not all the natural forces, are they?

the chinese 5 elements are not all the elements, and the chemical periodical tables aren't necessarily spiritual elements and thus would not be appropriate for immortality practice, would they?

Many layers.

Each layer contains all, but in different expressions.

Every time a layer is added, the expression may change, but the previous layers remain evident.

I read somewhere that "daoists" avoid going beyond 8 as it begins to get too complicated.

Knowing the 8 is intricate.

Knowing the 5 is immense.

Knowing the 3 is everything.

Know the whole and nothing needs knowing.

What is simple is powerful.

• Like 1

Ok more on the golden lotus in daoism.

http://en.daoinfo.org/wiki/Records_of_the_Orthodox_Sect_of_the_Golden_Lotus

Orthodox Sect of the Golden Lotus ( 《金蓮正宗記》 Jinlian Zhengzong Ji ) is book of the Complete Perfection sect compiled in the 13th year (1241) in the Taizong Emperor era of the Yuan by Chuli Daoist Qin Zhian, one of the compilers of the Precious Canon of the Mystery Metropolis ( 《玄都寶藏》 Xuandu Baozang ). As biographies of the patriarchs of the Complete Perfection sect, the book records the transmission of the sect. According to legend, Wang Chongyang met in Gan Brook some immortals showing him 7 golden lotuses, symbolic of the seven perfect patriarchs of Northern Lineage of Golden Elixir ( 北七真 Bei Qizhen ). This book is entitled accordingly with "golden-lotus". Vol. One contains the biographies of the Imperial Sovereign of Eastern Essence ( 東華帝君 Donghua Dijun ), Chongli QuanLu Yan, and Liu Cao. Vol. Two contains biographies of Wang Chongyang, Yuchan Perfect Man He and Numinous Yang Perfect Man Li. Vol. Three contains the biographies of Ma Yu, and vol. Four contains the biographies of Tan Chuduan, Liu Chuxuan and Qiu Chuji. Vol. Five contains the biographies of Wang ChuyiHao DatongSun Bu'er. The biographies are mixed with myths and legends. As the earliest history of the Complete Perfection tradition collected in the Subsection of Biographies, Pervasive Divinity Section of the Daoist Canon of the Zhengtong Era, the book is important material for the study of the history of Complete Perfection sect.

http://en.daoinfo.org/wiki/Guanyin_%28Avalokitesvara%29

The Complete Perfection Tradition called for the Oneness of the Three Teachings from the very beginning, and had groups named after the Three Teachings, such as the Three Teachings Golden Lotus Society, the Three Teachings Jade Florence Society, the Three Teachings Equality Society, etc.. Such a concept was an important basis for accepting the Bodhisattva into Daoism. The Complete Perfection tradition was successful in this respect.

In short, the Guanyin cult originated in Buddhism and was absorbed by Daoism, and underwent changes during its spread among the common people. The Guanyin cult thus has a strong sense of folklore.

http://en.daoinfo.org/wiki/Guanyin_%28Avalokitesvara%29

the Golden Immortal of Grand Enlightenment, arhats into Reverends and Guanyin into Guanyin dashi, and they were all absorbed into Daoism.

And i can never know enough about what it is I do.

I can relate.  Same deal with the Bagua Zhang.

My advice, in this case, is to jsut keep practicing. let it unfold within yourself, and don't worry about seeking external information.

It's not the type of thing you can prepare for and write an essay on, only experience directly, first hand, or not at all.

• Like 1

I can relate.  Same deal with the Bagua Zhang.

My advice, in this case, is to jsut keep practicing. let it unfold within yourself, and don't worry about seeking external information.

It's not the type of thing you can prepare for and write an essay on, only experience directly, first hand, or not at all.

Its just not meds and attainment its culture as well.

One must be studious in one's chosen art.

To put it bluntly when I get into something I get into it.

Plus I still have questions.

like why did the guan yin sect give it to shaolin to protect it?

who was after it?

Why did the shaolin turn it into kung fu?

It is not in me to not research this.

statistics dont interest me.

But i am definitely eager to hear about your experiences. :) that is all.   Enjoy your pursuits! :D

Vanir,

the truth is that there has been a history of monks and possibly lay people practicing an art/kungfu that lets them emit gold light.

Ive been researching the history of the lotus tradition of china the liandaoren "the people of the lotus" but havent come up with any hits yet.

• Like 1

So Golden immortals also see all things golden and no other colors?

Not sure since im not a golden immortal but im just going to say no.

The question is does the golden elixir have anything to do with golden immortals.

The only thing I can think that makes sense.

Is that China for a time did outlaw all buddhist temples in china because it was considered an outside influence not originating in china.

Maybe the Guan Yin Sect went to shaolin because they thought that they being warrior monks could protect it.

But not taking any chances they shared it with taoist as well.

• Like 1

Diamond Sutra says "Dharma body has no marks"

If one sees me in forms,
If one seeks me in sounds,
He practices a deviant way,
And cannot see the Tathàgata.
  • Like 1