Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Moderation in Moderation

Me too <sigh>

Shall we drag ourselves down there ?

... is that you in your avatar picture ? You look really off balance - leaning back too far like that !

I am leaning a bit back, but it's also kind of an optical illusion, due to the positioning of my feet and my hip rotation.

Don't be suspendering anyone. I wear suspenders.

Well ... in modern day America ... I suppose one can do whatever one likes

Spike Milligan used to wear them too ;

@ 5:25

I am leaning a bit back, but it's also kind of an optical illusion, due to the positioning of my feet and my hip rotation.

<sigh> ... you just cant start a fight with some people ... :(

• Like 1

'Thee' reminded me .... one of the things I got into trouble for (and banned from posting anymore poems) was this.

Said hamlet to Ophelia

I will draw a sketch of thee

what sort of pencil shall I use

2B ... or not 2B ?

and ......

"You are banned from posting anymore poetry ! "

cranky.jpg

In my professional opinion, its slightly better then a Vogon's.

Vogon Poetry -http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Vogon_poetry

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I moderated my self out of existence. One day I was concierge the next pffft. Now I am a ghost cat.

• Like 2

Spike Milligan used to wear them too ;

That is just a little bit out of my class.

Those were actually garters though. Just grossly modified.

• Like 1

I moderated my self out of existence. One day I was concierge the next pffft. Now I am a ghost cat.

Well ... that certainly is one hellava magical fart you got there :blink:

• Like 1

That is just a little bit out of my class.

Those were actually garters though. Just grossly modified.

Only Spike Milligan could come with pants suspenders holding up gum boots for a Marlene Dietrich impersonation ( and the 2B or not 2B was his poem too) !

And this;

330919.jpg

Hhe talks about gunnery practice ... they had no ammo so they were told to to yell out 'Bang!' for a substitute.

• Like 1

He talks about gunnery practice ... they had no ammo so they were told to to yell out 'Bang!' for a substitute.

That is actually not a joke. And it is why they wanted so badly for the US to get directly involved in the war. Japan helped with that.

Oh! And yes, I do remember the ladies' garters.

Oh! Oh! And yes, I do remember this from when I was a little kid:

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

That is actually not a joke. And it is why they wanted so badly for the US to get directly involved in the war. Japan helped with that.

No ... not a joke at at all ... but crazy. Like a lot of stuff in the book ... life is crazy and war more so. Spike seemed to have ambled through the war, with his hands in his pockets, bemused at its craziness, keeping his own sanity (to an extent) by his string of silly jokes and actions performed at the amusements of his fellow soldiers, occasionally being required to be violent and sometimes splattered with horror.

They made a movie out of the story too I think.

• Like 1

<sigh> ... you just cant start a fight with some people ... :(

Throw the first 5 punches. and i will have already won ;)

If im not down in 2 hits, you lose :lol:

I was told something which stuck fiercely: if you cant take your opponent down within the first 2 moves, you are not training hard enough! :lol:

So the contrary of that is that i wont begin fighting until you've already lost ;)

• Like 1

Perhaps a new subsection. In the The Pit, putting in subforum Pit Fight- it'd be for the more active, no holds barred, only for audiences mature in years yet immature in judgement kind of thing.

• Like 2

Throw the first 5 punches. and i will have already won ;)

If im not down in 2 hits, you lose :lol:

I was told something which stuck fiercely: if you cant take your opponent down within the first 2 moves, you are not training hard enough! :lol:

So the contrary of that is that i wont begin fighting until you've already lost ;)

'Throw punches' ? Me ? Nah.... I dont like to attack ... (with punches ) ... especially with that policeman over there .....

< indicates with eye movement >

watching us . ... devil.png

• Like 1

'Throw punches' ? Me ? Nah.... I dont like to attack ... (with punches ) ... especially with that policeman over there .....

< indicates with eye movement >

watching us . ... devil.png

<singing>

....I'll put one on you, man, when the copper fades away...

<wanders off, whistling an obscure Jethro Tull melody>

I actually had a guy that wanted to fight me, turn to look at the 'policeman' once :D .

Its become a standard joke at saturday morning training (in the park) : " Check out that Kookaburra ! "

Now, sometimes people just yell "Kookaburra!" at me and attack :) .

The new people dont get it , they turn and look ..... then look really offended when ya wack 'em .

DUDES! ... :ph34r:

( Hmmm , I guess we must seem a strange bunch there to newcomers. ^_^ )

<singing>

....I'll put one on you, man, when the copper fades away...

<wanders off, whistling an obscure Jethro Tull melody>

yes, well , here it is more a case of

the poet lifts his pen

while the soldier sheaths his sword.

... not that I am fit to fight;

there are blackheads on my shoulders

and I pee myself in the night

^_^

well maybe HE will want to start shit? :lol: let him. :ph34r:

"punches" refers to 'throwing the first punch' which is so much less about punching and much more about initiating the attacking :D

I already did :) ... next comes the foot flick of dirt in the eyes and .....

D'Oh ! (talk about telegraphing ! :( )

An interesting perspective I picked up in the more advanced Aikido classes was the 'first punch' is thrown when you see there intent to attack. That can be a tell tale pull back, gleaned from a look in there eye, or intuited. We can move defensively or offensively on that 'first punch' level before a physical attack begins.

• Like 1

In a county town there is a , a karate instructor, a boxing coach a Ju-jitsu expert and an Akido student

On friday night all hell breaks loose at the pub, there is a giant brawl, the karate instructor is kicking people in the head, the boxing coach is ducking and weaving and punching attackers in the head, the Ju-jitsu expert is getting guys in arm locks, take-downs and tie-ups ...

I wish I could pin this in moderation forum :(

But I will have to put it here.

I have received my final warning from another chat site and am about to be banned if ;

I tell another obscure joke, post a poem, or a picture or a link to a picture. or if I debate or question anyone else's opinion.

(How the hell do I tell what is obscure to someone ... you guys seem to get my jokes and puns straight away ... and sometimes trump them . :)

Also they said if I FEEL this is too harsh I will get a 2 week suspension.

I mean ... WTF ... I can change my behaviour to comply with restrictive and dictatorial censorship but to be told I have to FEEL a certain way about it I get a 2 week suspension ! :blink:

Oh boy. How would they know how you FEEL about it? I suppose, they're going to ask the Tarot cards? :D

Oh boy. How would they know how you FEEL about it? I suppose, they're going to ask the Tarot cards? :D

I think he is suspended ....

RWS_Tarot_12_Hanged_Man.jpg

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this