Apech

Happy Winter Solstice everyone

At one winter solstice meditation I got a very strong electrical shock in the pineal gland with light.

At midnight - this is the "yuan qi" manifesting - which is the yang within the yin.

It's key to understand this as complementary opposite resonance.

So with Solstice you get an even stronger yin energy of the sun which then manifests an even stronger yang energy.

So in alchemy you start first with fire and water - which is the midnight level of yin.

Then in alchemy you go up to the sun and moon which is the winter solstice level of yin.

Once the pineal gland is opened up you can feel when it is full moon and when it is solstice.

Yeah, it would be difficult to go dashing through the snow when it is 110F degrees outside.

Thats not even half of it ... getting 'saddled up' can be tough enough! 

5106ee29e4270baabf4469eb2802fc54.gif

• Like 3

In good Winter Solstice form I slept about 14 hours and had potent dreams. Tonight will be multiple stillness sessions and then some more dream work. Happy Solstice fellow oneironauts!

the Ancients used to think that the sun came up voluntarily, hence the tales of the gods and the chariots.  They would get scared when the sun got lower and lower and the days shorter and shorter.  When they figured out that the days started getting longer, the winter solstice was a big deal.  They knew that the days were about to get longer. This is why so many religious icons like Mithras and Jesus were assigned the date of December 25 as a birth date, to commemorate the 3 days after the solstice.

• Like 1

the Ancients used to think that the sun came up voluntarily, hence the tales of the gods and the chariots.  They would get scared when the sun got lower and lower and the days shorter and shorter.  When they figured out that the days started getting longer, the winter solstice was a big deal.  They knew that the days were about to get longer. This is why so many religious icons like Mithras and Jesus were assigned the date of December 25 as a birth date, to commemorate the 3 days after the solstice.

good point!

http://jesusastrotheology.com/wintersoltice.htm

I've mentioned this a couple times to relatives - there's that moment of shock.... and then pretending like they didn't hear me. haha. Hilarious!

So Bauval points out that when Christianity was created in Alexandria Egypt - it was when Sirius, due to precession of the Earth, was now rising at the Winter Solstice, preceded by the three stars of Orion.

So Sirius being the holy star of Egypt as the "birth" of the new year for fertility - it was originally linked to the monsoon rains that flooded the land from the Nile so the fertility was restored.

Sirius being born from the virgin birth of Isis, of course.

Case closed.

Egyptian gods Ptah-Osiris-Sokar approach the baby sun god Sokar at the winter solstice

"In Egypt the festival of the baby sun god Sokar occurs on 26 Khoiak, corresponding to December 22nd."

As I state in my book The Astrotheology Calendar Guide, in Egypt the festival of the baby sun god Sokar occurs on 26 Khoiak, as related in the Calendar of Hathor at Dendera (Cauville, 25), corresponding at the turn of the common era to December 22nd. The longstanding ritual of Sokar being carried out of the temple on this day in an "ark" closely resembles the censored commentary by Church father Epiphanius (c. 310/320-403) concerning the Egyptians bringing forth the baby sun born of a virgin at the winter solstice. (See Murdock, CIE, 86ff)

As concerns the Egyptian god's birth at that time, we learn from one of the most famous historians of the first century, Plutarch (46-120 AD/CE), that Horus the Child—or "Harpocrates," as was his Greek name—was "born about the winter solstice, unfinished and infant-like..." (Plutarch, "Isis and Osiris" (65, 387C); Babbitt, 153)

"Ancient historian Plutarch related that Horus the Child was 'born about the winter solstice, unfinished and infant-like...'"

Three centuries after Plutarch, ancient Latin writer Macrobius (395–423 AD/CE) also reported on an annual Egyptian "Christmas" celebration (Saturnalia, I, XVIII:10):

…at the winter solstice the sun would seem to be a little child, like that which the Egyptians bring forth from a shrine on an appointed day, since the day is then at its shortest and the god is accordingly shown as a tiny infant. [1]

As Egyptologist Dr. Bojana Mojsov (13) remarks: "The symbol of the savior-child was the eye of the sun newly born every year at the winter solstice."

Winter Solstice Hieroglyphs and Temple Alignments

Other indications of the Egyptian reverence of the winter solstice may be found in hieroglyphs. As Egyptologist Dr. Heinrich Brugsch explains, the Egyptians not only abundantly recorded and revered the time of the winter solstice, they also created a number of hieroglyphs to depict it. One such image mentioned by Egyptologist Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge turns out to be the goddess-sisters Isis and Nephthys with the solar disc floating above their hands over a lifegiving ankh—the looped Egyptian cross—as the sun's rays extend down to the cross symbol. This image of the sun between Isis and Nephthys, which is sometimes depicted without the ankh, is described in an inscription at Edfu regarding Ptolemy VII (fl. 145 bce?) and applied to the winter solstice, translated as: "The sun coming out of the sky-ocean into the hands of the siblings Isis and Nephthys." This image very much looks like the sun being born, which is sensible, since, indeed, Harpocrates, the morning sun, was born every day, including at the winter solstice. (See Murdock, CIE, 94, etc., for citations.)

Isis and Nephthys holding the baby sun

over the life-giving ankh, representing the winter solstice

(Budge, An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, 351)

"Harpocrates, the morning sun, was born every day, including at the winter solstice."

There are many other artifacts in Egypt that demonstrate Horus's association with the winter solstice, including his temples aligned to the rising sun at that time of the year. (See Murdock, CIE, 79-117)

Sokar is the 'baby Sun God '  ? 

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/sokar.html

Sokar - mummified hawk - god of the necropolis.

Also Sirius is Isis (the goddess not the Syrian terrorists).

I like Bauval's work usually but just rehashing the old myths which clearly went into the building of the Christian myth is a bit lame.

• Like 1

http://www.booktalk.org/post96651.html#p96651

Christ means Mummy resurrected - as Horus reborn from the dead - as the Sun-God in the pyramid, achieving immortality.

This is alchemy - or derived from alchemy.

Christianity is Egyptian religion....

fascinating video, the part I watched.  I wonder if the pyramids weren't shaped in that triangular shape to resemble phalluses of sorts here on earth?  Also, I couldn't help but note the similarity between the optimal ancient Egyptian entrance to death being as a result of dropping earthly fear and all other character traits from being exactly who we are without all the baggage - if you're familiar with Freemasonry the analogy is identical.  The 1500 page book (their 'bible', of sorts) by Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, is the very same process.  Each degree within the Scottish Rites is not only 'adding' to character in a positive way (more generosity, etc) but mainly 'dropping' the undesirable; the fear, the judgment.  The book only speaks up to the 32nd degree.  There is no 33rd degree chapter.  It is missing, because Morals and Dogma have been transcended - there are no words left.  And of course, Freemasonry did have its beginnings in ancient Egypt, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by manitou

Sokar - mummified hawk - god of the necropolis.

Also Sirius is Isis (the goddess not the Syrian terrorists).

I like Bauval's work usually but just rehashing the old myths which clearly went into the building of the Christian myth is a bit lame.

So, how does a God of Sokar's  realm, become a 'baby Sun God '  ?  

Is it just to be able to compare him with Baby Jesus ?

The new Handcock   ... I mean Hancock book 'The Magician of the Gods'  ,  is the same, reviews say its a boring rehash. 

Well,  I suppose they had to get something on the shelves for Christmas.

santa-smiley.gif

..  And of course, Freemasonry did have its beginnings in ancient Egypt, if I'm not mistaken.

Its fantasy beginnings ....  some say .   It depends on how broad you are going to define Freemasonry.  

Its own mythology is based on Judaism, not Egypt. Historically, it is a very different story, but a very interesting one . 

Its fantasy beginnings ....  some say .   It depends on how broad you are going to define Freemasonry.  

Its own mythology is based on Judaism, not Egypt. Historically, it is a very different story, but a very interesting one . 

Care to expand?  Sounds interesting.  I'm not familiar with the mythology of Freemasonry, only Pike's book which enumerates the qualifications for ascension up the degrees.  It's not for sissies.  I assume you're speaking more of the ritualistic aspect?

Edited by manitou

So, how does a God of Sokar's  realm, become a 'baby Sun God '  ?  

Is it just to be able to compare him with Baby Jesus ?

The new Handcock   ... I mean Hancock book 'The Magician of the Gods'  ,  is the same, reviews say its a boring rehash. 

Well,  I suppose they had to get something on the shelves for Christmas.

santa-smiley.gif

I quite like Graham Hancock but I have admit that I threw Finger Prints of the Gods across the room it was so frustratingly inaccurate.  He takes some good ideas from other people and writes readable publicity for them I have to say - particularly the re-dating of certain phases of early human activity.

Sokar (Seker) is a mummified hawk or falcon god who was associated with the necropolis and in particular in the AmDuat appears in the deepest section of the underworld called the 'imhet' which means something like completely full of darkness.  This is the part of the underworld where the soul of Osiris and the soul of Ra embrace/merge/unify which causes rebirth - so I guess this is where the reference to baby sun comes in.

What happened with early Christianity is simple really.  It lacked a mythology - and since the early Christians converted the temples into churches - they reassigned them to Saints from gods - but quite often the function , like healing or whatever was kept.  Similarly some of the iconography was borrowed - such as the mother and child of Isis and young Horus becoming Mary and baby Jesus.  In the same way as northern European churches took over the sacred places of the Celts, Saxons and Danes - and often the Saint was a thinly disguised god or goddess - just so Christianity gave itself legitimacy amongst the newly converted local population and subsumed any tendency towards the old religions into theirs.  This is the same for the hijacking of significant dates like the solstices.  This is probably because the early Christians didn't know when Jesus was born - although they did know that he was crucified at Passover - hence Easter.

The problem with the jesus = Horus theory is that they are not similar at all and indeed the supposed similarities have been invented.  the main myth cycle associated with Horus is the Contendings of Horus and Set where Horus fought his uncle for the throne over 80 years - during the course of this he tore off his uncles testicles.  Now you show me where Jesus of the Gospels tore of his uncles testicles - or indeed where he showed any interest in a throne - apart from being mocked as king of the jews.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2

I'm currently reading an exposition of the Dead Sea Scrolls - this explanation dates the birth of Jesus to approx 6 BCE; they figure that because they have determined that Halley's Comet made an appearance in that year.  (Another book I read puts it at 3 BCE).  Of interest also are my recent readings where the Nazarene spent his lost years in India, Tibet, Nepal, Ladakh, and most specifically Kashmir, the Punjab area.  The lost years being those years between 13 and 29, of which there is no mention in the New Testament.  There is a grave in Kashmir which is of St. Issa (whom they knew as Jesus), or just Issa - and is still revered to this day.  If I recall correctly, they place his death at around 110 year old.

Because of his knowledge of Buddhism and esoteric understanding, it is the belief of this line of thinking that he survived the crucifixion, due to the fact that he was removed 3 hours after the crucifixion happened, perhaps using eastern methods to transcend the pain.  Perhaps the microcosmic orbit or something similar? Joseph of Aramathea, a wealthy man who had purchased a plot of land close to Golgatha and was one of Jesus' followers, it is thought, bribed the officials to let him take the body away prematurely (although they thought he was dead) and he was buried in the nearby tomb.  Usually the bodies hung on the crosses for about 6 days.  It was there, in the nearby dirt tomb, that his wounds were dressed with huge quantities of aloe and (maybe frankincense?) - I'm not sure about that one - and there is claim that there are remnants of these herbs and essences on the Shroud of Turin.  In addition, the Shroud of Turin, according to these 'bookley' sources also shows evidence of Jesus continuing to bleed after he was placed in the linen; plus it is their contention that it was the sweat derived from all the healing herbs that created the image that was captured with very high intensity photography.  Their contention being, of course, that corpses neither bleed nor sweat.

Interesting conjecture, all this stuff.

Merry Christmas all, lol.

Edited by manitou

Care to expand?  Sounds interesting.  I'm not familiar with the mythology of Freemasonry, only Pike's book which enumerates the qualifications for ascension up the degrees.  It's not for sissies.  I assume you're speaking more of the ritualistic aspect?

I mean their 'moral story' as the 'mythological history' ; the building of King Solomon's Temple  - its Jewish, not Egyptian.

However a Royal Arch temple I have seen had a small Masonic set up in the middle of a surrounding 'Egyptian Style' temple .

... ah , found a pic of that very one 

egyptian-room-interior-2.jpg

https://mirrorsydney.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/ancient-egypt-in-petersham-the-egyptian-room-at-the-masonic-centre/

But they dont all have that.  

Scholars trace the beginnings historically to  more recent times.   

Thanks, Nungali.  Looks like there's a disparity between the formal beginnings of Freemasonry as an organization, and the mystical arts and mathematics that are attributed to Euclid of Egypt, around 300 BCE.  Perhaps it started as an informal brotherhood early on and then became more delineated as an organization or formal brotherhood.