Apech

Happy Winter Solstice everyone

It's on Monday the 22nd of December for the Solar Year.
It's the first of the eleventh month in the Lunar Year.

Edited by ChiDragon

December Solstice in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A. is on
Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM EST

Mine is less than two hours away.

Tomorrow will be the first full day of the new solar year.

:), I've got 13 minutes til Solstice. omigosh, what do i do?? now 12..

maybe a really long, good nights sleep is most appropriate.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Mine was about an hour and a half ago, but it's going to have to wait, until everyone gets here, the feast is served and we have cast the rectangle (forget circles) ;).

• Like 2

Hehehe. Yeah, you up side down people are different, aren't you?

Not at all Mr Marbles ; we will be having Christmas just like you ..... except: It might be 37 deg C. (Imagine the Santa suit and beard and wig ! ) -people will have sprayed cans of santa snow on things, pine forests will be moved inside (some made out of aluminium and coloured silver) and Christmas dinner might be a BBQ at the beach.

We do make some local concessions though:

535982872_688020.gif

• Like 6

Yea!!!!!  The end of Winter.  The days start to get longer.

Well, except for the Aussies.  The end of Summer and the days start getting shorter.

Happy Summer Solstice!

• Like 1

Yea!!!!!  The end of Winter.  The days start to get longer.

Well, except for the Aussies.  The end of Summer and the days start getting shorter.

Happy Summer Solstice!

Always liked that line in the song 'the boys are back' by Thin Lizzy.

• Like 1

Does anyone have their thoughts on why the energy is so much stronger on the Solstice?

I have posted my new research on this on my website - based on analyzing the auroras which peak at the EQuinox - and so the solstice as the extreme of the cycle of solar energy going into Earth at the poles - it is minimum aurora now but that just means the magnetic charge of the sun is not aligned directly with the Earth as it is at Equinox. So we have an extreme of the electromagnetic cycle right now.

Also I recommend reading the book "Christ in Egypt" which reveals the Egyptian origins of Christianity - all based on this astrotheological analysis, it has a lot of detailed exposes - pretty fascinating.

Alchemically the Solstice is when yin goes to its extreme so that "yang light" emerges.

https://books.google.com/books?id=4wbRAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=solstice+energy+taoism&source=bl&ots=fSvxkrAQHP&sig=ChYvX3hBdGqnwO7mPXeivfXomc8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirjYmH1u3JAhWD0h4KHQTiB_gQ6AEIUDAJ#v=onepage&q=solstice%20energy%20taoism&f=false

Opening the DRagon Gate on the Solstice

Does anyone have their thoughts on why the energy is so much stronger on the Solstice?

Alchemically the Solstice is when yin goes to its extreme so that "yang light" emerges.

My understanding is that the energy is stronger at all of these transition points. Energetically there´s more of a pure mixture of fire and water and the neutral chi comes through stronger. I believe that the winter solstice is to the year as midnight is to the day. Stronger energy at midnight as well.

• Like 3

I think that about midnight of the year too.  Also generally  -  night : winter : Moon  :  no Moon,  day :Summer  : Sun : Full Moon.  It seems to work when applied to gardening, also  Moon : underground,   Sun : above ground   (  roots : vegetation ) .

Solstice 'still point'  (and some time either side ) , for me, is like that still point when the tide turns . This time of year does seem strange to me,  then again, maybe it is  because it is Christmas  ? .... thats enough to weird me out, and the opposite time of year is my birthday on the southern winter solstice .....   maybe I am some type of anti-Christ  mass   ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

This time of year does seem strange to me,  then again, maybe it is  because it is Christmas  ?

Yeah, it would be difficult to go dashing through the snow when it is 110F degrees outside.

• Like 1

yeah but people don't realize that the Aurora borealis also maximizes at midnight every night.

My point is solstice is about solar cosmic energy coming down to Earth at the poles - it maximizes at midnight hence the upper tan tien is activated at midnight.

It minimizes at winter solstice in the north - so that would be yin going to extreme which then activates yang.

I have the details on my website about the Aurora and the Solstice.

Actually investigating science for explaining the energy gets interesting.

Actually investigating science for explaining the energy gets interesting.

And it will get your mind messed up if you are not careful.