Yasjua

Bad energy accumulating around my living space

I'm on "break" from just about everything for a few months and have been staying at my dad's, spending a significant amount of time in the basement (a living-room type area), where I spend a lot of time on the internet. I also sleep in this room, as it's quite large. There's a few sofas, a bed on the floor, a television with a blanket thrown over it, and a table where I'm sitting now with the computer. It's cold out and in a pretty dull suburban city, so the only time I get out is to grocery shop or visit a friend once or twice a week.

I did spruce the place up a bit with some decorations, plant life, artwork, etc. but I have started feeling more and more that the space (perhaps it's just my consciousness) is becoming negative, and I feel the need to protect myself in the evenings as I feel negative frequencies in the air.

I get to bed later and later every night and wake up sometime in the afternoon. I haven't had habits like this since the last time I lived here. I don't have any moral or super-ego qualms with a few months of laziness, but I do take the negative energy that's building up somewhat seriously. Is there anything I can do to help keep the space pure? I feel like there's a feedback loop developing between negligent habits and the energy of the space I'm in (and again, perhaps the space is actually just my consciousness).

So, what can I do to clarify the energy?

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

It's cold out and in a pretty dull suburban city, so the only time I get out is to grocery shop or visit a friend once or twice a week.

This seems to me to be the cause...the winter blues/cabin fever. Stagnation and being boxed in, and lack of yang (sunlight and movement). If you make sure to exercise moderately, if you don't already, it should help. If there are any chances to expose yourself to the morning sunlight, such as through a window, it will help. If you do practices that release the mind (meditation), it will help your energy expand beyond the walls of your house/mind, so you'll end up feeling more natural and free flowing.

It's not necessary to physically go outside, in order to "get out" (although it does help). It's possible to "get out" internally.

If you focus on details in your immediate surroundings, as a form of meditation, it can help to bring clarity to your consciousness. Being aware of the mundane world is pretty powerful for having a clear mind...whereas not being mindful is dullness - the opposite of clarity.

I did that meditation when in places I would really not have rather been...and it helped me forget that it was a place I was in and that the place sucked. All there was, was the object of meditation, which was neutral. By focusing on it, I let the ideas of myself go, the ideas of the place go, let the mind go, etc. Then you end up feeling better and are able to flow better with life.

And finally:

"When you clean your environment, you are cleaning your heart."

- forum member, Eternal Student

Living in a clean space can bring serenity.

• Like 2

Feng shui people have a lot to say about basements, but not much about living in them except "don't." It surprises me no end that it's become the acceptable living arrangements for a son or daughter of the family to live in a basement. There's many places on earth where this would indicate that the world is coming to an end.

The sought-after commodity may be privacy, but the actual product one gets is feeling "low," "below," "trampled upon," or even "buried." If I were you, I'd try to negotiate a room above the ground.

Good luck.

• Like 8

why are you not doing things?

you ought to be out and about getting stuff done like the little boss that you are.

think about it this way,

your body has a manifestation, skeleton, bones, flesh, and muscle,

your mind has spirit and yin and yang, perception, hearing, feeling, sight, and verbal structure.

you also have essence and energy.

if you are sitting for a full day in a shitty basement with a couple of screens and hitomi and the history channel or whatever you happen to be watching, it doesn't take a fully enlightened priest to figure out what is going on with your energy.

Go into the city, explore, get a job, have a coffee, meet some girls or guys or whatever normal people do.

go for a jog, get laid, eat some healthy and tasty food, hang with your bros.

don't mould in a basement and wonder why things aren't going so well.

• Like 1

I'm a great believer in initial conditions. Start the day right, the rest will follow. The night before have a list of thing to do (write it down) the next morning- give them some energy, imagine doing them in a good state. Either get up on time or recruit your dad to get you up. Don't worry about the day, just the morning, get some productive things done. Cross'em off your list. Just the morning, just the first few hours.

You may find, good follows good. Start strong and you can coast and have better days.

• Like 3

The cycles of Midnight, Sunrise, Noon, Sunset - this mechanism helps the Celestial energies integrate with the more dormant Earthly energies, via the light and heat of the sun. Heat is applied to what is frozen in place, and it moves, blossoms, fruits and returns back to stillness.

Places that are sealed off from both the light of the sun, and buried underground are more disconnected from this daily expansion and contraction of the energies present in the room. Thus whatever energies are created in this basement are less likely to change and flow. They'll simply build up and stagnate, perpetually in a midnight-like state where things just stay as they are, frozen in place until conditions invite them to change.

If you're on the internet a lot in this space, then there will likely be a build-up of mental energies used for learning, discriminating, communicating. Often people who are online a lot will develop stiffness in their spine and shoulders - this type of activity is usually of the Metal phase, and metal is what takes the fruits of summer, judges what to keep and discard, harvesting what it wants as it cools off the fire, condensing the humidity into water that becomes dew and frost over night. In other words, metal cools water, invites stiffness.

So in our already stiff environment we've added conditions to create even more stiffness and stagnation!

What you need is more Wood and Fire, an element of heat (love, heart), and to create cyclical routines in this environment. In a way you are protected from outside changes here, and may create whatever you want, but of course if you do not maintain this routine it will begin to stagnate again. But if you cultivate lots of beautiful energy in here it should also stay here.

I recommend being very careful what you do in your basement, and to carefully cultivate a sacred relationship to this space. Dance, spin, do circle walking, create artificial air flows and heat and light sources. Go out into the world and absorb positive energies and bring them back to your space for nurturing your plants and the flows you are creating. Decorate the space to smooth any angularity in the room, turning straight lines into curves and covering any exposed wires or separating appliances and things in storage from the main living space. Make sure to keep things clean, to ensure maintaining a smooth flow of energy.

Good luck!

• Like 2

you're vegetating in a hole and wondering why you feel bad energy? Get thee out of the house. Turn off the damn computer. And if you have a window, open it. Feng Shui 101.

• Like 2

Just wanted to comment here that this is one of the first threads I have seen in a long time where everyone had really good contributive comments.

OP. Get out,do some movements, bless your space using liquid sandalwood & sage, get a haircut & get a real job (JK).

• Like 1

I retired last year and have been home an awful lot lately. The summers are brutal in Phoenix so I spent most of the time couped up. We also had some remodeling done so I needed to be home, primarily to babysit the dog. I definately felt "down". The chores and projects around the house seemed overwhelming, and to be honest, I haven't really figured out what to do with myself at this new phase of my life. Once the summer heat let up I've been out walking and hiking and things are much better. If you're only getting out once or twice a week, that not nearly enough.

• Like 2