DreamBliss

DreamBliss gears up for dating... HELP!

but Nungali was, i think he has a bit too much of that what DB has too little  :P

but do not take it too serious as 'women's advice', i'm a strange kind of woman, when I was young woman/ big girl i was part of a guys group, i never liked women much until much older. I liked being with those guys. looking at beautiful girls, going out and having fun together without getting laid by them. That would have spoiled the fun. 

And we all had profit from it, because I was there they were more accesible ( as a group) for girls joining. And I could go places without being alone, i mean, whenever some guy tried to get hold of me one of my buddies would come up and "own" me, telling mister X, hey, that's my girl, keep your hands of her, each of this group of 5 would do this for me, makes a girl feel safe ... it's a strange world we live in..

but I most always like your posts, in a few easy  words you sometimes put more daoist wisdom then some other people in an essay ;)

Dont take Nungali too seriously  ... he is full of crap a lot of the time    :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

:blink:  Oh boy... I'd say, let her find out by herself under what circumstances you like to take off your clothes.

Struth!  Now I am imagining what my honest  profile would be !

'Likes gardening naked,and getting covered with dirt and mud ... may disappear occasionally for days on end and come back covered in soot,  grime and kangaroo fat  ... "  

"I allow myself a fine Scotch occasionally.

Agreed! Change it to .... woman of all nationalities accepted.

Next, should you be talking about drugs? Notwithstanding the subtlety of your comments, to me they read like: "I'm in for a trip any time - let's just try not to overdose."

"Must hold first-aid certificate."    :D

• Like 2

OK, copied over the info from my profile, made a template, will start rebuilding it then upload it again. Probably disable my account tomorrow if I can work on my profile while it is disabled.

So here is the gist of what you all seem to be telling me, with the exception of Nungali, who seems to have the strange impression he has to sign up to see my profile. I don't think that's true, but correct me if I am wrong. More likely he is afraid to see it, and I can understand that. You have my sympathy, same to the rest of you. But you also have my appreciation, those of you who braved the terrors of my profile to give me your advice.

OK, so cut out like 80% of it, all the extra text. Treat it as if a police officer were asking me questions. Don't volunteer any information. Get rid of the special gift stuff, get rid of the journal, get rid of the thinking about section, get rid of the sex, drugs and alcohol (all the fun stuff) essentially.

Also get rid of the money statement, move my links to the About me section, keep the Friday night. I am considering rewriting this, but I assume the ideal Friday night I envision idea is what is good here, so I just need to keep to clean, fun and light.

I am to go fishing essentially, using any extra details as bait. I am to sell myself without selling out. Do I have it about right?

Blue Eyed Snake

A special thanks to you, I am glad you butted in. I guess as a male, by society's standards I am pretty hopeless. I am thankful you cared enough to give you your perspective.

Nungali

If you don't need an account to view my profile, and aren't too scared, you will have until sometime tomorrow to look it over and give me your opinion. You know your drive to give me your opinion and educate me is far stronger than your fear of the terrors of my profile and online dating!

You are not the only person who can play someone like a bongo drum...

;)

Everyone Else

Not that you wanted to receive an issue of the Daily Adventures of DreamBliss. But as some of you may know I went to I Am Light in Portland today. I ended up at Red Robin's for lunch. A woman comes up and starts talking to me. She is not drop-dead gorgeous or anything, and if you looked at her face she looked like someone who could be overweight, but she wasn't. I had no such thoughts about any of that until later. My overall impression was that I liked her and could date her, if she was available and wanted to date me.

She just started talking to me, and I talked to her, and the conversation was very easy. She made me laugh, I made her laugh. I honestly don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been so tired and therefore off-guard. We just talked and laughed while waiting for our food. She didn't give me her number or anything, but did mention whee she works, so maybe I will look her up. I am proud of myself that I managed to keep my eyes on hers when talking to her.

I kind of feel that this was just some needed one-time thing the Universe provided, either for her or for me, not spending any time worrying about that. For now practicing trust that if we are to meet again, the Universe will line it up. Sort of the ongoing theme today - faith and trust.

So I am not completely hopeless by society's standards. Just mostly. I am sure I left her with a good impression. No need to virtually fist bump me or pat me on the back, but you can if you like. I was getting the impression you guys were thinking I never spoke to the opposite sex. Rarely is a better word. But at least I can talk to them now, when years ago, when I was younger, they typically struck me mute. Darn shyness!

:ph34r:

Anyhow I am going to bed. Headache and very tired. Will check in here tomorrow before disabling my profile, or working on it, or whatever I end up doing. Thank you again for all your help!

Edited by DreamBliss

OK, copied over the info from my profile, made a template, will start rebuilding it then upload it again. Probably disable my account tomorrow if I can work on my profile while it is disabled.

Great, you actually listened to us! (For better or worse.)

So here is the gist of what you all seem to be telling me, with the exception of Nungali, who seems to have the strange impression he has to sign up to see my profile. I don't think that's true, but correct me if I am wrong. More likely he is afraid to see it, and I can understand that. You have my sympathy, same to the rest of you. But you also have my appreciation, those of you who braved the terrors of my profile to give me your advice.

No problem, I got a few good chuckles out of it. ;)

OK, so cut out like 80% of it, all the extra text.

Yep, that's indeed what it boils down to. But you should also add certain things. (More about that in a moment.)

Treat it as if a police officer were asking me questions. Don't volunteer any information.

Right, don't volunteer any information that could be used against you. :D

But you have to make yourself come to life for the reader, so don't give 'em just dry facts.

Get rid of the special gift stuff, get rid of the journal, get rid of the thinking about section, get rid of the sex, drugs and alcohol (all the fun stuff) essentially.

Now let's not throw your baby out with the rosy bath water. You should show your fans something personal that they can relate to.  A self-composed love poem would be really nice. Perhaps also one or two of your Zen photos if you can post them. Tells them a lot about you at a glance.

Also get rid of the money statement, move my links to the About me section, keep the Friday night. I am considering rewriting this, but I assume the ideal Friday night I envision idea is what is good here, so I just need to keep to clean, fun and light.

I am to go fishing essentially, using any extra details as bait. I am to sell myself without selling out. Do I have it about right?

Yeah, that sounds good. Keep the mystery alive!

Blue Eyed Snake

A special thanks to you, I am glad you butted in. I guess as a male, by society's standards I am pretty hopeless. I am thankful you cared enough to give you your perspective.

Yes, Bes' presence really helps this thread. :)

Nungali

If you don't need an account to view my profile, and aren't too scared, you will have until sometime tomorrow to look it over and give me your opinion. You know your drive to give me your opinion and educate me is far stronger than your fear of the terrors of my profile and online dating!

;)

Everyone Else

Not that you wanted to receive an issue of the Daily Adventures of DreamBliss. But as some of you may know I went to I Am Light in Portland today. I ended up at Red Robin's for lunch. A woman comes up and starts talking to me. She is not drop-dead gorgeous or anything, and if you looked at her face she looked like someone who could be overweight, but she wasn't. I had no such thoughts about any of that until later. My overall impression was that I liked her and could date her, if she was available and wanted to date me.

She just started talking to me, and I talked to her, and the conversation was very easy. She made me laugh, I made her laugh. I honestly don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been so tired and therefore off-guard. We just talked and laughed while waiting for our food. She didn't give me her number or anything, but did mention whee she works, so maybe I will look her up. I am proud of myself that I managed to keep my eyes on hers when talking to her.

I kind of feel that this was just some needed one-time thing the Universe provided, either for her or for me, not spending any time worrying about that. For now practicing trust that if we are to meet again, the Universe will line it up. Sort of the ongoing theme today - faith and trust.

So I am not completely hopeless by society's standards. Just mostly. I am sure I left her with a good impression. No need to virtually fist bump me or pat me on the back, but you can if you like.

A most reassuring event, DreamBliss! <Pat, pat...>

Considering how well you went on with the lady, it might really be a good idea to stop in at her working place, especially if it's something like a store. What bad things could happen?

Trying to get at least her email address for sending her "some stuff that might interest you" :ph34r: would have been a good move, but you did well enough for the beginning, just remember this for the next close encounter. ;)

I was getting the impression you guys were thinking I never spoke to the opposite sex. Rarely is a better word. But at least I can talk to them now, when years ago, when I was younger, they typically struck me mute. Darn shyness!

Yes, that's the core of the problem. Hey, you are heading in the right direction!

Anyhow I am going to bed. Headache and very tired. Will check in here tomorrow before disabling my profile, or working on it, or whatever I end up doing. Thank you again for all your help!

You done good.  I likely wouldn't have had the balls to say that.  Hehehe.

some people say I've got more balls than most men, not always easy for a gal

Thanks.  How flattering!  Hehehe.

well, even though its not the spokes that count but the empty space inside a wheel,

a wheel needs oil too, a little flattering is the oil of society?

The thing is that females are still instinctively searching for males that are suitable for supporting and protecting a family of eight. They can't help it, it's a subconscious tribal/animal thing. The more closely you approximate that idea, the better then.

Talking about which, many women like wide shoulders and strong arms, so you do want to post a close-up picture that presents your guns (only the ones in the upper region of your body, man!).

yes, and males are still instinctively searching for females that promise to get them those eight babies by having a young and beautiful body. They can't help it it's a subconscious tribal/animal thing......

true and not true, I mean..oh well the moment you know that and grow up you can bypass that.

quotes from males, in personal conversation:

male, 52 "I do not want a woman much younger than I am, I want some shared history, meaning having lived through the same age, having heard the same music, etc. I can't have that with a woman of say 30. But I do want a woman thats slender and takes good care of her body, as do I. 

Male, 62, was attracted to me but felt himself too old for me: "is it more pleasurable with a beautiful woman? ( he did put it much better, but I can't translate that in english, this was the gist of it)

those are real men, consciously making choices against that animal/tribal nature. And both men were decidedly talking about horizontal fun, with me that is...

And it's the same for women, of course we can make sensible choices once we have grown up...

• Like 2

Dont take Nungali too seriously  ... he is full of crap a lot of the time    :)

yeah, i noticed that, might be one of the reasons you're likeable :D

• Like 1

The funny thing that almost always happens;

We find That Perfect Person.

We try to make a life with TPP, knowing that us and TPP will always fulfill our needs.  After all, it was so symbiotic at the beginning

of the relationship.

We get bored with TPP, or TPP outgrows us.

Then, we have to find another TPP.

Repeat.

Or, option two is that you hang on to the first one you found, and realize that the reason you're together is because you're the perfect configuration to grind each other down to a pulp.  In a spiritual sense, of course.  It's because we learn to compromise, find the middle way, and remain true to our original word, our original I Do, whether spoken or of the heart -- We actually turn into a lapidary for each other, much as this forum does.  This is the most accessible path to spiritual self-realization for all of us.  To hang in there with any one individual and go through the entire course.  The Course is there for us all to take. 

To opt for Option 1 will continue the process of evading the learning experience, the self-realization process.  It will just put it off over and over, opting instead for 'that funny feeling' we get with each new romance.  What a trickster.

and this is another yes..and no

I know a woman giving relational therapy who thinks ( and acts) like this.

But, some relationships really are abusive, either physical or emotional or both.

and some marriages don't start up with a TTP, but with a "well, i had to get married, or, He wanted to marry me so I could leave parents etc.

Some women really are ground to a pulp you know, and some men too by the way, emotionally that is. So even though I agree in a lot of cases, there are just as much cases that i would definitely advise a divorce and no new relation ship until you have got yourself together to a point that you don't choose the wrong mate again...

yeah ... I thought having fun was actually the whole idea behind it ! 

Yep. Social ( and maybe family and religious ) conditioning !  

As you say below ....

' Nice girls dont stop out the front of houses and talk to strange boys ! "

My mother to me, at about 7 years old, when I asked why she called me inside when I was talking to the new Aboriginal girl in the street at our letterbox.

Now there is a double can of worms !   

yes, i  think you're right, i haven't thought of it anymore but it came up now. This friendship was the first I had after my divorce, my expartner still lived with me at the time it started.( awful situation btw). 

So when it broke up I've asked him how this had come about, that I didn't understand it. He said that he thought that my divorce was so fresh that i therefore couldn't say that I wanted him. He couldn't imagine a woman wanting only friendship and horizontal fun...

so, I was that not-nice-girl that was talking to strange boys out on the street...

yes, and males are still instinctively searching for females that promise to get them those eight babies by having a young and beautiful body. They can't help it it's a subconscious tribal/animal thing......

true and not true, I mean..oh well the moment you know that and grow up you can bypass that.

quotes from males, in personal conversation:

male, 52 "I do not want a woman much younger than I am, I want some shared history, meaning having lived through the same age, having heard the same music, etc. I can't have that with a woman of say 30. But I do want a woman thats slender and takes good care of her body, as do I. 

Male, 62, was attracted to me but felt himself too old for me: "is it more pleasurable with a beautiful woman? ( he did put it much better, but I can't translate that in english, this was the gist of it)

those are real men, consciously making choices against that animal/tribal nature. And both men were decidedly talking about horizontal fun, with me that is...

And it's the same for women, of course we can make sensible choices once we have grown up...

Okay, but I wouldn't count on it that the members of OKCupid are so willing to make choices against their animal nature.

The secret of marketing is understanding and making use of human instincts.

• Like 1

well, seems you're doing good, you've had a lot of advice already, i'll add a little more

yes, i've looked, at your pictures that is. For now you keep the one that you're meditating, that's the best picture (and i think thats also something that you want to show to women) and the one where you're sitting. The other two you leave out. In the standing one you're looking decidedly stiff and your bedroom is not yet the place to show. If you want that, make it it some more womenfriendly...when you want women in your bed I think you should change some things.

And on a datingsite you should give women a change to see your face well.

Now, when the workplace decided they could do without me some years ago I had to start for myself. So that meant a website, so that meant picture of my face. And that was a problem for me. One of my sisters solved it for me. They have mounted a camera on a tripod and while I was drinking tea and talking and having fun with sis her husband made about a hundred pictures. :P Afterwards we've thrown away about ninety, and from the ten that were left two or three were deemed reasonable for my website ( I'm real hard to make a nice picture...) But thats the idea. let someone make a lot of pictures of you and also  from the  face, then take the most natural ones.

OK, so cut out like 80% of it, all the extra text. Treat it as if a police officer were asking me questions. Don't volunteer any information. Get rid of the special gift stuff, get rid of the journal, get rid of the thinking about section, get rid of the sex, drugs and alcohol (all the fun stuff) essentially.

yes, that's it, but when you rewrite it you might think of that woman you've had your lunch with. What would you have said when she asked you those question might be a better guideline than a policeofficer  ;)

Blue Eyed Snake

You're welcome

Nungali

;)

Everyone Else

So I am not completely hopeless by society's standards. Just mostly. I am sure I left her with a good impression. No need to virtually fist bump me or pat me on the back, but you can if you like. I was getting the impression you guys were thinking I never spoke to the opposite sex. Rarely is a better word. But at least I can talk to them now, when years ago, when I was younger, they typically struck me mute. Darn shyness!

Society needs all kinds of birds, and you're not the only one that's shy. Please try to see yourself as just what you are, being different is not being hopeless, unless you entertain that idea for yourself...

And you see that its not hard in real life. So you did manifest yourself a woman :P ( I would say, dao made you both meet, you both needed that lunch together, even when you would never see her again. ) so that gives you courage to go out again, and again. Some people are shy, others are not. Makes no difference in their worthiness.

I hope you slept well,

Bes

• Like 2

OK, thank you for all your replies. Going to work later on today.

I guess that picture of me sitting on my bed could be taken wrong. But it's not like I was gesturing towards it or anything...

:P

I just hope the women are not this bad:

If it is I'll have to make like Nungali and flee the online dating scene...

Edited by DreamBliss

DreamBliss said:

"Not that you wanted to receive an issue of the Daily Adventures of DreamBliss. But as some of you may know I went to I Am Light in Portland today. I ended up at Red Robin's for lunch. A woman comes up and starts talking to me. She is not drop-dead gorgeous or anything, and if you looked at her face she looked like someone who could be overweight, but she wasn't. I had no such thoughts about any of that until later. My overall impression was that I liked her and could date her, if she was available and wanted to date me.

She just started talking to me, and I talked to her, and the conversation was very easy. She made me laugh, I made her laugh. I honestly don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been so tired and therefore off-guard. We just talked and laughed while waiting for our food. She didn't give me her number or anything, but did mention whee she works, so maybe I will look her up. I am proud of myself that I managed to keep my eyes on hers when talking to her."

mYTHmAKER says: She obvious liked you on some level. Go back to Red Robin for lunch until you see her again or look her up where she works. And remember you are not drop dead georgeous IMHO :)

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Nungali

Nah ... sorry, I am way to scared to peek ... scared shitless ... quakin in me boots .

Errmmm ... you arent supposed to claim a bongo until after  the other person .....      :D

Oh allright ! I will play a along.

ME ? ? ?   Scared ? ? ?   Why you little .....  :angry:   just you wait till I let go of this mat !    :angry:   :angry:   :angry:  

wrestler-dragging-another-wrestler-back-

;)

Everyone Else

She just started talking to me, and I talked to her, and the conversation was very easy. She made me laugh, I made her laugh.

Thats the shot ... always be jovial and make women laugh,  if a man is light hearted and happy it feels there is less chance he may go violent and beat her  - sorry,   - sad      but true  . 

I honestly don't think I could have done that if I hadn't been so tired and therefore off-guard.

Why be on guard in the first place? Be happy, relaxed, warm friendly and exude an air of total but subtle confidence. 

We just talked and laughed while waiting for our food. She didn't give me her number or anything, but did mention whee she works, so maybe I will look her up. I am proud of myself that I managed to keep my eyes on hers when talking to her.

Pffft  .....   dude !    I just merely posted a pic of an Aphrodite altar in you thread, now look what has happened !

I tiod you to get out there and she would show up !          ^_^

So I am not completely hopeless by society's standards. Just mostly. I am sure I left her with a good impression. No need to virtually fist bump me or pat me on the back, but you can if you like. I was getting the impression you guys were thinking I never spoke to the opposite sex.

Of course not !   There is always Granny   ....        secret-handshake-smiley-emoticon.gif

Rarely is a better word. But at least I can talk to them now, when years ago, when I was younger, they typically struck me mute. Darn shyness!

Now ... the next part is to somehow initiate the  next contact  ( which you should have got at that first meeting    yellow-onion-head-emoticon-09.gif

Without   coming off like a stalker or creepy or something.   Use what you have learnt to initiate another 'coincidental'  meeting.

See .... I dont even have to look at your OK profile  .... because that isnt gonna get you a date  (but what you learn from that process and this one ... from your 'electronic wing men {and woman} ' will translate to helping you when do meet one .

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I just hope the women are not this bad:

If it is I'll have to make like Nungali and flee the online dating scene...

Flee it like me ?

I have been near it .   I have worked in professions that are poretty male female balanced. lived in a Nurses home and 20 years on a Hippy Commune.   

No need for online dating whatsoever .   Although the weird curiosity has got me pondering it at times.

Profile Revision 1:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BlissWriter

Feedback and opinions appreciated.

Be prepared! I uploaded a new picture with my shirt off!

Still working on the 6 things. Not changing the age range. I honestly don't care how that comes off. I refuse to cave in to societal ideals on this point!

Edited by DreamBliss

Yes, I think it's so much better. Actually I think it's really good.  Personally I would put the three links to your blog etc at the end rather than at the beginning, but that's the only change to the text I would make. 

And honestly, I think your main photo makes you look a bit strange. You have a blank expression with no love or warmth, and its taken from a bad angle, and I don't like the shirtlessness.  But let's see what others think about the photo.  Actually the only photo I like is the meditating one.

Good luck with it! I think there's going to be one very lucky lady.

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement!

Not sure about the shirtless pic either. But there is something about it... Not sure what. If others don't like it I will delete it.

If others think the links should be moved I will move them. I had them under the What I'm doing with my life section. Maybe that is better?

Sent out a few messages, found one person liked me that I liked. We'll see what happens. Also emailed the business where that woman I met works. I'm checking my email now...

It's pretty good now! :)

I think you should replace the close-up picture though.

Also, I would drop the acid dropping (etc), it makes you look too much like a junkie.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Yes those drug references seem very out of place on this kind of thing. Unless drugs are a very significant part of your life and must be shared with your partner, I don't see why they should be mentioned.

Well I want to be clear that I am OK with certain substances, as pathways into realities that we don't normally see while in the physical. It ties in with my interests in astral projection, lucid dreaming and shamanic practices, which ties in with my current spiritual path:

http://alexgrey.com/

I do want to have these experiences with the person I am with. Maybe that's too heavy a thing to say for a first impression. But then again I want to be clear about this. I would hate to meet someone, go out on a date, find out we really like each other, then have her tell me that she hates all drugs and couldn't possibly be with someone who would use them.

If you have any suggestions as to how I can put this better I'm all ears. I thought I put it fairly well. Not like I'm asking for someone to snort cocaine with me or stick the needle in my arm for me. Seriously. That would sound like a dug addict IMHO.

Also this whole drugs issue is another societal point that I disagree with, and in fact will be practicing civil disobedience with. I will not have society tell me what I can or can't put into my body! Especially when that same society has a whole prescription drug culture which is far worse for you than anything growing naturally on the earth.

Deleting the up close pic. Will think of something else.

• Like 1

Maybe make it a bit more oblique - eg Interests: Altered states of consciousness, the writings of Huxley and Leary..

Your target audience will know where you're going with that...!

• Like 3

To make it oblique sounds about right.

The thing is that people on a dating website tend to gloss over whatever is peculiar about them, so any suggestion of ingesting drugs could easily be understood the wrong way.

There is always the risk that you find some unbridgeable incompatibilities when you actually start dating somebody, of course. Nevertheless, certain things of a more personal nature you should talk of when the time is right - the female should already know you well enough by then to see them in proper context.

• Like 1