nine tailed fox

how to love unconditionally

Forgiveness does imply a prior judgment, something to forgive.

Which is why I like thinking of it as trust. Simply radiating trust in all directions, to all things. Trusting them to be whatever they need to be in this moment, be that "good" or "bad". Radiating it out and not attaching to it, letting it go, letting it simply be.

• Like 1

May be unconditional love comes from being detached

But again detachment is also easy to say than done

Still everybody preaches to stay detached without showing how it is done

• Like 2

Unconditional love comes from the heart, when the conceptual mind is defeated. When it comes out, you are everything, you are the trees, you are the ground, you are the sky. How could you not help but love everything that you are. .?

...Still everybody preaches to stay detached without showing how it is done

Meditate on impermanence and mortality. :) The more you observe the constant ebb and flow of things (objects, feelings, thoughts, desires, etc), the constant change, the more your mind will see there is no point trying to hold on to everything.

• Like 2

'Detachment' sounds like a cold word. I prefer 'Non-attached', which is a more precise term from the Buddhist pov.

Is there a difference? I'd say there is, but for many others, its quite synonymous. Detachment sounds like a type of psychosis, whereas non-attachment sounds like a practice, imo.

Non-attachment essentially means to deeply understand interdependence. For this deep understanding to sprout, we will need to realize that its ok to have things, its ok to cherish self and others, and more importantly, its ok too when things change -- things we have no longer thrill us like before, people close to us depart, and we ourselves are not immune to the ephemeralistic conditions that prevail. So all these conditions are always changing on all different levels, yet, by developing an understanding of the nature of impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, and non-self, we will eventually learn what interdependence means, resulting in the proper placement of expectations, followed by release.

Release implies a mind thats no longer at the mercy of false views arising from misguided expectational habit energies.

How does one begin to approach the practice of non-attachment? Thru honest, repeated examination of one's attitude around expectations. This would be the place to start, i believe. The reason is simple: Craving and aversion arise as both a cause & and an effect, like cycles, from the varied, scattered, often misapprehended expectations we tend to place on things, people and situations. This makes life seem very complicated indeed -- we could end up wasting our lives juggling with endless streams of likes and dislikes, preferences, biases, and trap ourselves within a labyrinth of petty inner squabbles, creating a lot of stress in the process.

By bringing mindful attention to the cultivation of habitual examination of expectations, we can learn how to offer space to what goes on around us, and this offering of space is very crucial because its a practice of learning to let go, culminating in the cessation of craving and aversion. With the dissolution of craving and aversion, dualistic tendencies will be severed at the roots, and the illusion of suffering will then naturally evaporate like mist in the morning sun.

This is the theoretical aspect of it. The actual practice involves the combined application of daily rounds of shamatha and vipassana meditation as practical means to develop an attitude of mindfulness so that we can detect and wake up before the ingrained, fragmented expectations (or some like to call 'karma') get too far ahead and turn into monsters that can cause all sorts of obstacles to get in our way from being careless.

late edit: added 's' to 'thats'.

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

Forgiveness implies judgment was only your own judgment. One still can forgive without judgment. One can forgive without asking who is right or wrong but just to forgive to begin with.

I will forgive whoever had used words against me in the past or future. It is because I am in the process of the Cultivation of the Mind. Forgiveness without judgment is part of the Cultivation of the Mind by following the principle of Wu Wei. You see, Wu Wei takes me a long way....!!!

Interesting, but haven't you already made judgements in thinking that they did something wrong to you in the first place to be in need of forgiveness?

• Like 1

You can ask this question but will receive no verbal answer.

You connect to you heart, as often as you can. Make so called radiance practice, to bring your Self (you, as consciousness) more into that space. By doing so you naturally increase that organs capacity.

Our soul integrates itself into the human vessel, in the mothers womb, directly into the heart organ. The heart is the direct connection to God, Source.

You meditate only on your heart and establish a strong connection. You feel it every day, for the rest of your wonderful life if you do this practice every day.

Also by doing so, thoughts naturally vanish at a certain point. A new connection is established, a non-verbal form of communication from your heart, directly to your sensory organs in your head. Your ego is then replaced by a greater consciousness.

You will feel the same, but much much more expansive. You will still know yourself as you, your personality, but since you have at one point detached from it, successfully, you feel at the same time your True Self to be much much more.

That is why you forget all teachings you find on this planet and only be in your heart. Buddha, Christ, Lao Tze are all timeless. They are in your heart. You, are them.

This is all that can be said about it. Surely you can write an entire book about it, but what's the point doing so? It's a personal, impersonal experience and relationship that only You are about to do. No one (and at the same time everyone) else.

The only individual I know of teachings this practice and successfully living from that space, as a completely trustable individual is Lincoln Gergar from ChannelHigherSelf. He is connected to our God consciousness and channels/speaks from that place, if he chooses to. His main interest is healing and liberating consciousness currently in human form by sharing what he has discovered, silencing thoughts, talking and living purely from the Spiritual Heart. In many of his videos he gives clear teachings of how to connect and to expand consciousness. He does it in a very simplistic way that encourages the invididual to do the work and not to promise phony "goals".

Love.

Edited by 4bsolute

Interesting, but haven't you already made judgements in thinking that they did something wrong to you in the first place to be in need of forgiveness?

I only said something against me, but I didn't say that was something wrong..... :P

I only said something against me, but I didn't say that was something wrong..... :P

No, I'm not going to let you out of this one. Hehehe.

• Like 1