Tao of Buttercup

Is it customary for Mods to pick fights with regular members?

Funny, I see a victim mindset here. Someone disagrees, you read all sorts of things into what they say which aren't even there, then fly off the handle claiming to be victim and insult the person having a rational argument with you.

Sorry...but you're in the wrong here.

Stick around, though.

• Like 2

A victim mindset is just a negative label on the practice of expecting validation. It happens to all of us. When we don't get validated we feel wounded and are very aware of that the wounding felt like. We just have trouble connecting that wounding to our attachment to something that is already outside of ourselves.

Labeling someone a victim doesn't help them to change, they just feel even more wounded.

The best we can do is to recognize that only WE can validate OURSELVES. It's nice when others support us, but the better we can stand up on our two feet and feel empowered from within, the better we can practice objective communication, without getting caught up in subjective reactivity. And then we can become better aware of the edges our own communications have, and when it's OUR sharp edges that are causing others to react.

• Like 2

I'm forever being suspended on Dharma Wheel.

I can readily understand that without even asking why. Hehehe.

• Like 5

Actually compared with many the other forums online, this one is pretty tame regarding insults and such!

the most belligerent forums I've ever experienced were strangely enough at the old Runner's World website. It's been totally restructured now but about five years ago, it was an absolute cesspool of degenerate whackos; a moderator's nightmare.

• Like 1

David Icke forum is wall to wall loonies and that's just the mods, the members are slightly whackier.

Every full moon it goes bat shit crazy.

Excellent Word Association Game crowd on there though.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Uh... posted a link describing the "Something Awful" forums, but had to remove it as it wasn't... safe.

Edited by Daeluin

Spooky.

Mrs GMP just mentioned that 'poster' one similar but a cartoon and with the same wording is in today's newspaper.

Might we have an annual tournament?

Mods versus Posters.

Posters or Mods to choose the weapons in alternate years.

My call for this year as I thought of the idea so - fellow posters

" Set your Phasers to 'tickle'" and let the tourney commence.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2