Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

If this is "Way Off" Topic then...

...might we not have a sub forum called " Off Topic" for topics that aren't quite as way off as the ones on here are?

• Like 1

But how can this thread go off topic when it doesn't even have a topic?

MH you are way off with that one.

Hence in the right place here.

But just say that you weren't 'quite' so way off in claiming that this thread does not have a topic ( it does and that topic is - "Topical Proximity")

Were that to be the case then you'd have no place to post.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

( it does and that topic is - "Topical Proximity")

I would rather talk about "Tropical Islands" and grass skirts.

• Like 1

You still find Cavalier tankards hung up in some old pubs.

Pewter ale tankard but with a clear glass bottom.

Idea being that those old Royalists could be drinking their beer and still keep an eye on the door through the glass bottom of their tankard in case Cromwell's Roundhead Police came in.

• Like 2

While I actually like the informality of a 'way off topic' label,

it seems a rather subjective catch all thingie depending on how stringent someone feels like everyone has to be in their discussions

Pavilion , courtyard, way off topic , off topic, lobby ,, where the hell am I now?

Frankly , the easiest thing to do to accommodate whatever reason there is for the rearrangement is to have all the divisions other than individual threads ,visible from one spot, perhaps the courtyard , which , they arent currently.

Edited by Stosh

There probably is one now , hidden in another like they do with the russian dolls.

• Like 1

Did someone say horse stance ?

<pricks up ears>

Thats the most misunderstood stance in 'karate' .

Rottenecards_7837775_ks453wmnx6.png

I miss that " Way Off Topic" thread.

Can't we have one?

Sorta like The Pit but for nice posts that have strayed way off topic to be retired into.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I would say The Pit is Way Off Topic enough :D

It's just that people don't like to play nice once in the Pit ;)

• Like 1

I would say The Pit is Way Off Topic enough :D

It's just that people don't like to play nice once in the Pit ;)

Well, Hey!, if you put me in The Pit with a bunch of vultures things are going to get pretty nasty.

Well, Hey!, if you put me in The Pit with a bunch of vultures things are going to get pretty nasty.

Ah come on ... its just a bit of fun 'mud wrestling' .... although 'foxy boxing' on an island with grass skirts on might be better.

So here is a pic of an island with a grass skirts on

3%20lvl%20floating%20island_001.jpg?1323

• Like 1

But how can this thread go off topic when it doesn't even have a topic?

I imagined "off topic" as being those topics not in lock-step with the common beliefs held by the General forum.

• Like 1

There's good eating on a vulture.

My vulture thread was put in the Pit,...I'd still be there if they hadn't disabled the New Topic button.

• Like 1

I just visited the Pit,...looked at the thread "Are men generally more conscious than women?"....and its LOCKED.

Funny thing about that thread,...seems like everyone knew what the word "conscious" implies.

As far as I know, science does not even have a definition for conscious.

What is conscious?

I assumed from the content of that thread, that most seemed to agree that conscious is something admirable.

However,...is not conscious really sleep in the perceived wake state?

Too bad the thread got LOCKED. Kind of wonder who doesn't want members discussing what conscious is?

What about this?

con·science [kon-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngns] Show IPA
noun
the inner sense of what is right or wrong in one's conduct or motives, impelling one toward rightaction: to follow the dictates of conscience.
the complex of ethical and moral principles that controls or inhibits the actions or thoughts of anindividual.
an inhibiting sense of what is prudent: I'd eat another piece of pie but my conscience would bother me.
Obsolete . consciousness; self-knowledge.
con·scious·ness [kon-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngs-nis] Show IPA
noun
the state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings,etc.
the thoughts and feelings, collectively, of an individual or of an aggregate of people: the moralconsciousness of a nation.
full activity of the mind and senses, as in waking life: to regain consciousness after fainting.
awareness of something for what it is; internal knowledge: consciousness of wrongdoing.
concern, interest, or acute awareness: class consciousness.

What about this?

noun

the state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings,etc.

Awareness of one's existence? LOL Sensations? LOL Thoughts? LOL surroundings? LOL

Actually, no sentient being sees the World that surrounds them,...only the World that surrounded them. Even science admits that all sensations (the 5 Western senses) are liars. In the East, they consider all 6 senses.

So,...that first definition of conscious is only saying that conscious is a belief in ignorance. I am ignorant, therefore I must be conscious. Conscious, which then is only available within delusion, exits for that delusion to sustain itself.

In reality,...that is the reality of Taoists, Buddhists, and even less neurotic scientists, nothing exits, and by consequence, that which believes it exists in non-existence, does not exist.

Or as Lao Tzu said,..."Recognize that everything you see and think (6 senses) is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth...the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

Sign in to follow this