manitou

When Time stands still

Another unusual source of these paranormal experiences is memoirs of World War II veterans. (And an occasional interview.) Every once in a while, you come across an odd admission... For example, one veteran claimed he saw the radio signal passing between German communication posts and knew - absolutely knew - that an artillery strike was going to strike his exact position. He ran out of the blast zone just in time. Others reported the "slow time" phenomenon, etc.

There's no way to tell for sure how often that happens, because people are afraid of being thought of as crazy. For all we know, it's very commonplace.

In my personal experience, there have been no adrenaline-inducing life-and-death situations, no extreme danger or risk. I just get... time flashes. Just like flashbacks, only they work the other way around. I would call them "flash-forwards" if it didn't sound so clunky. :) Once in a while, if I concentrate very hard, I can envision the immediate future (up to 30 seconds) in an incredibly vivid detail. I almost never lose raffles, and the only time I've ever played roulette I used this to turn $60 into a thousand in 30 minutes. Everyone (including myself) was a little bit shaken by the result...

• Like 1

Being in the absolute present moment has at times a timeless quality... However I'm curious to ask if the "feeling" of being lifted up actually took place. Was your car elevated in the air? Or did it just feel that way? Did the driver simply lightly tap the brake out of pure instinct, and you both had a synchronicity of immediacy?

As far as you being the manifester...I think its more like you are the inputer... the inputer of cause.... and the laws of the universe carry your input to its end- an effect. And on that note... I've had several experiences of thought transference to peoples minds which have then been reflected back to me, and times when through thought transference have been able to alter electronic sounds, words and even electronic power supplies.... those have been short and small effects, there is no reason why they could not be made larger through another agent of some kind or mechanism.

As far as angels, hands of god, and all that.... I wouldn't rule that out... I mean there are spirits that are active in our world and in our lives without our awareness at times... possibly even constantly.

To the experience of time standing still... There was a time when I was in deep concentration when I perceived and felt as if I was at the center of all my foreseeable surroundings and they were all quickly moving. This happened in almost a second however... it did not last long. To you, sound stopped, but to me in that short infinity I heard a very deep low hum tone...

All very interesting to think about, and also perplexing to develop a method of investigation besides deeper and deeper meditations.

• Like 1

"I can envision the immediate future, up to 30 seconds..."

Darling, may I invite you to Vegas this weekend??

Jadespear - what happened was that the truck didn't see us and was coming over into our lane. The "pick up" happened (or felt like it was happening) and resulted in both rigs being aligned perfectly and both moving to the left (luckily for us, there was nobody in the lane next to us). But we were both suddenly positioned diagonally when we all moved to the left. The thing that made it so odd was the perfection of the sudden alignment after the feeling that we were being picked up.

Maybe it was just a 'drafting' thing with both big rigs. But whatever it was, it was astounding and a real slo-mo event.

Edited by manitou

Depending on the length of the drop, so can I.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Depending on the length of the drop, so can I.

30 seconds is a very long time when one is falling.

Unless you have a parachute - in which case the 30 seconds would be a bit of a disappointment :(

• Like 1

Perhaps you should try it?

I've been told that it can be quite good fun.

No, I won't even be flying anymore because they won't let me smoke on an aircraft.

One time I even stayed on a four-prop military cargo plane that lost one of its propellers which also took a chunck of the tail wing out as to dropped off. Hey, there were still three props working fine.

• Like 2

I think the most logical answer for this occurrence is that during certain extreme moments our brains speed up and produce gamma waves. Since your thought process momentarily speeds up, time from your perspective slows down.

The term "time" here is a misconception. "Time" was not going slower or faster, for "time" does not exist. "Time" is a human invention and no other being in the entire Cosmos cares for "time" :) it is just an instrument for measuring, convenience. Nothing more, nothing less. That is why many people get literally frightened by their very first experience of having no sense of time anymore. This can happen in meditation, naturally or with hallucinogencs.

What actually stood still for that moment? If you continue to use "time" you will have a very hard time (impossible) to actually understand what was going on.

Clearly your perception of reality was altered.

With all respect, I can neither recreate this event from the words you said with my imagination nor do I want it to, but I greatly respect it.

If you want to understand it further, make an effort (ego practice) in not seeing it as special. Because when you do, it is a different vibration of what actually happened. So it is uncommon and what is uncommon is not you, therefor it will never happen again. I hope you can make sense out of this. This is the reason why we are mostly unable to recreate events, or even start successfully with any psychic ability: We see it as uncommon, special or even a rare occassion. And this "we" is our ego, our lower mind. Which is blown away by the effect. So it's in the opposing vibration of the creator of this event :)

All the best.

I have never jumped out of a perfectly flying aircraft.

the trick is to jump out fast enough before the plane crashes so that you will then get into sync with the ground... then light your cig.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

The term "time" here is a misconception. "Time" was not going slower or faster, for "time" does not exist. "Time" is a human invention and no other being in the entire Cosmos cares for "time" :) it is just an instrument for measuring, convenience. Nothing more, nothing less. That is why many people get literally frightened by their very first experience of having no sense of time anymore. This can happen in meditation, naturally or with hallucinogencs.

What actually stood still for that moment? If you continue to use "time" you will have a very hard time (impossible) to actually understand what was going on.

Clearly your perception of reality was altered.

With all respect, I can neither recreate this event from the words you said with my imagination nor do I want it to, but I greatly respect it.

If you want to understand it further, make an effort (ego practice) in not seeing it as special. Because when you do, it is a different vibration of what actually happened. So it is uncommon and what is uncommon is not you, therefor it will never happen again. I hope you can make sense out of this. This is the reason why we are mostly unable to recreate events, or even start successfully with any psychic ability: We see it as uncommon, special or even a rare occassion. And this "we" is our ego, our lower mind. Which is blown away by the effect. So it's in the opposing vibration of the creator of this event :)

All the best.

I'd say its a better handle to say all time instead of no time... hell the historic Buddha talked about sticking around to the end of the cosmic cycle of time but Ananda never asked him to so he checked out - that is if one is coming from Buddhist view so to speak.

Edited by 3bob