2eakqkg.jpg

Neigong Forum Relaunched!

I proposed the idea of starting a nei gong forum. I kindu gave up since I really had no clue what I was doing or how to start one, but after tons of research I got the hang of it and decided to go for it. Anyways everyone seemed to support the idea so for everyone that PMed me saying they were interested and who commented on the thread I thought I'd announce it in case you missed it.

There is also something I'd like to say to The Tao Bums community. I've had some heated debates with some of you in the past and some of you I don't particularly like, but none of that will carry over to my new forum. I'm starting fresh over there and I'd like everyone to know that they are welcome to join the forum and participate if they wish. Even if I disagree with you, you are still welcome to express your opinion freely. The only thing I don't want is trolling (obviously) so don't just go join for the purpose of making 10,000 "wire up your a**" jokes".

The forum is obviously centered around neigong but there are also sections for martial arts, qigong, philosophy, etc. in case you are more interested in those topics.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 3

I had a look at your forum via that link over on the Space-Cadet's Panda forum Ken.

Seemed to be just you and LeoViridis on there and no one else.

But " Great oaks from little acorns grow." So....

Good luck with it anyhoo.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Yeah mostly me, Leo, Dorian, and MPG right now. The forum has a total of 10 members at the moment and is receiving an average of one new member per day.

• Like 1

De nada Ken

BTW I saw that MPG had designed this one as well: -

2DpqFj6.png

I really like that.

Perhaps instead of splitting the Neigong Forum either side of the meditating figure it would look better if the silhouette was moved over to the far left (because there's not much going on in the scenery shot there and the RH side is more interesting in that respect?

Also, because "Neigong Forum" is intrinsically asymmetric it may work better if you don't split it with the silhouette?

• Like 1

De nada Ken

BTW I saw that MPG had designed this one as well: -

2DpqFj6.png

I really like that.

Perhaps instead of splitting the Neigong Forum either side of the meditating figure it would look better if the silhouette was moved over to the far left (because there's not much going on in the scenery shot there and the RH side is more interesting in that respect?

Also, because "Neigong Forum" is intrinsically asymmetric it may work better if you don't split it with the silhouette?

Yeah I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Do you see any ways to improve the current banner (the one in my sig)?

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

Yeah I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Do you see any ways to improve the current banner (the one in my sig)?

It's not my area of expertise - just opinion and preference but I think that the existing banner has too much going on and it isn't as warm as the other one.

I prefer the colours and the simplicity of the other one.

Maybe there are some graphics people here who could help?

neigongforum.com will be temporarilly down for a day or two. I'm getting it back up as soon as possible.

Neigong Forum is FINALLY back up! I literally spent 10 straight hours of stress, speaking with tech support, manually editing config files, transferring databases, researching errors, calling up tech support again, etc.

Moral of the story: Just put out the cash and get paid hosting from the start. Free hosting is a nightmare!

Edited by KenBrace

Neigong Forum is FINALLY back up! I literally spent 10 straight hours of stress, speaking with tech support, manually editing config files, transferring databases, researching errors, calling up tech support again, etc.

Moral of the story: Just put out the cash and get paid hosting from the start. Free hosting is a nightmare!

Paid hosting can be $3-$5 per month, not to expensive :).

Also the namservers haven't completely finished updating so you may randomly run into errors. Hopefully this should all be over with by tomorrow.