Sign in to follow this  
skydog

goats are respectable beings of light and water

Goats will eat just about anything.

An especial favourite snack seems to be washing hung out to dry.

We used to keep a couple of British Alpine nannies for the milk but they had to go as we couldn't afford to keep buying new clothes.

:)

They stink to high heaven when they're wet. Ugh.

Goat's milk and cheese are awesome.

They're brutally smart.

They climb trees.

Yep goats climb trees.

The Moroccan 'flying goats' are a tourist attraction around Agadir.

They don't really fly but can be found and photographed in the tops of trees they have climbed happily nibbling on the juiciest young twigs and leaves.

Seeing is believeing...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Moroccan+flying+goats+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=b9SiU6PUC9Hb7Abs_YDAAg&ved=0CFAQ7Ak&biw=1024&bih=644

Ours never climbed trees but no fence could hold them if 'food' was visible.

Very intelligent creature is your goat and super friendly but with damage to clothes and property, their feed plus the vets bills for their shots, dentistry and pedicures, the goats milk worked out to be costing us around £10 a pint.

It is wonderful stuff though, anyone with dermatitis can do worse than drink goats milk.

The district nurse used to take milk from our 'girls' for a child who got terrible red rashes and those cleared up completely.

Edited by GrandmasterP

My dream when I was 20 was seriously to become a goat rancher.

Ranch dem goats!

And one of the more awesome things about it is that you GET to be up at 2 AM in the worst snow & icestorm of the year and hold a little baby goat up to drink while your partner hods the young mother who doesn't know anything about babies or that she is supposed to let the baby drink the colostrum. Such fun!!!

Ah, but there is simply nothing like a baby goat. They get all this energy bundled up and just suddenly spring up and do a twist hop as they suddenly release the qi.

• Like 1

Yep goats climb trees.

The Moroccan 'flying goats' are a tourist attraction around Agadir.

They don't really fly but can be found and photographed in the tops of trees they have climbed happily nibbling on the juiciest young twigs and leaves.

Seeing is believeing...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Moroccan+flying+goats+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=b9SiU6PUC9Hb7Abs_YDAAg&ved=0CFAQ7Ak&biw=1024&bih=644

Hahahahahahaha! That's the weirdest thing! Goats are so weird.

Goats are cool people.

Mostly.

Well...

Watch the ones who watch you with a certain... ummm...

...a certain look of bad intent.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Gimme a break :blink:

Haha srsly, I wasn't joking. They do it here all the time. I don't mean to top of a tall pine or anything but they go up pretty high and out on limbs looking fresh shoots. It's pretty weird I guess.

I've seen that look of bad intent, lol. It's time to split. It's usually when the goat is reared up, looking off to one side, and giving you the evil-eye with his one eye that's looking at you.

That crazy baby goat has more joy for life than probably all of us put together.

And yes - the images of the goats in the trees were AWESOME!

This is a highly spiritual thread.

Edited by manitou

My goat would occasionally get on the roof of my car;

"Get off!"

"No."

"You better Get off!"

"Make me!"

Struggle ensues with collar and hoofs scratching paintwork

"Oh all right, stay up there then."

I had a GF once that would go up trees and not come down after she had a 'few' drinks.

Best to leave 'em be ( I am born in the year of the goat .... obviously they are pretty cool.

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this