http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-devils-interval-and-pre-established.html

In case anyone is interested. I've been digging into this topic for a long time - the connection of music to qigong and energy healing in general.

I'm not saying this is well-written but I got all the information in there that I wanted to for an overview.

It's more like an intense cliff notes.

Not something that can be read quickly.

But I added some images that should help people.

Of course I could add more but I just wanted the essentials.

• Like 4

Ha, I was just thinking why I hadn't heard the term "harmonic alchemy" before.

edit to add after speed reading the article:

You should check out the following video for why 432 is considered congruent with sacred geometry (has to do with adding the angles of geometric shapes, etc..).

I think we'd agree though that music has far more to do with the emotions expressed via replication of emotional tone. If someone screeches with joy, sadness, pleasure, frustration, relief, etc., it will have an effect on people too.

I've heard that the Moors used tuned strings to free up fluids in the body, similar to ultra-sound therapy. I wouldn't be surprised if they used A432 tunings and passed their musical theories on through Europe. If we have an innate response to certain frequencies, it may be better that we aren't constantly subliminally activated by them anyways....

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

That video is all lies. My article specifically debunks that b.s.

obviously your "speed reading" abilities are quite lacking.

http://detspringendepunkt.blogspot.dk/2013/11/432-red-herrings-per-second.html and http://www.miltonline.com/2014/01/07/hertz-so-good/

read those articles and free your mind from the fake Pythagorean b.s.

http://www.roelhollander.eu/en/tuning-frequency/Ancient-Solfeggio-Frequencies/

a third site debunking 432.

Sorry but a lot of people don't really understand music theory. that's why I wrote my article - to burst this new age bubble spread by people using Audacity or some software to pretend they embrace "ancient" philosophies. haha. Hilarious!

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

I didn't see anything in your article nor the other 3 that specifically addressed the main point of that video:

when you add up the angles of the major 2D and 3D geometric shapes (the Platonic solids) you get the frequencies to form a major chord in F# according to the frequencies congruent with A432, and this doesn't work with the notes congruent to A440.

Who cares about a major chord in F# it doesn't mean anything!

F# is 726 based on 432 - while the addition is 720. So it's not even the same.

Besides the fact that it's an irrational logarithmic tuning system - which is NO DIFFERENT than any other western scale.

Read the articles.

Who cares about a major chord in F# it doesn't mean anything!

F# is 726 based on 432 - while the addition is 720. So it's not even the same.

Besides the fact that it's an irrational logarithmic tuning system - which is NO DIFFERENT than any other western scale.

Read the articles.

triangle 180 degrees, F#=182

square 360, F# = 364

pentagon 540, C#544

hexagon=720, F#728

septagon=900, A# ; 916

octagon 1080, C#1088

There is more variance in these numbers as they gets higher in the frequencies but they are close enough for the instruments to follow and then adjust to compensate for the variance.

If you look at the piano tuning here (James Furias keyboard) and compare it with the chart around 13:15 on the video, you'll see that most of the notes in the first two or three octaves are very close, usually within 2 cents which well trained piano tuners can hear without listening for beats between the frequencies. Even 8 cents is only a slight difference, just barely noticeable as being flat for musicians to have tweaked the strings a touch to fit the harmony, but are (were) still able to get to the (barely flat) note by following the factor 9 grid built on 432 (13:15 on video) which lines up with geometric angles.

you can hear the differences here: tone generator. Yes, they are barely audible, but folk instruments and singers are often even more out of tune than 8 cents.

A440 does not have any of these consistencies with sacred geometry, while they are very consistent with 432.

Note, I'm saying there is something to it, not that it's responsible for world domination.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

You're saying there is something to it.

I was hoping again you would actually read the articles I sent you.

I did not mention the most basic point - hoping you would have some common sense.

As the article mentions - if you enlarge or decrease an object the frequency of the object changes.

Basic common sense.

Angles of an object are not the way to determine the frequency of an object!

For example Gerald Hawkins, an astronomer, published sacred geometry harmonics based on the ratios of areas of the objects - not the angles. The ratios of the areas stay the same no matter what the size of the object is - nevertheless these ratios are determined by basic geometry already known in ancient times. There's no secrets about them.

The secret I am talking about is the connection between number and geometry - the disconnect between the two is the secret infinity of music.

Now I just humbly ask you to engage with the content of my article and no longer spew forth 432 cult lies.

thank you very much.

You're saying there is something to it.

I was hoping again you would actually read the articles I sent you.

I did not mention the most basic point - hoping you would have some common sense.

As the article mentions - if you enlarge or decrease an object the frequency of the object changes.

Basic common sense.

Angles of an object are not the way to determine the frequency of an object!

For example Gerald Hawkins, an astronomer, published sacred geometry harmonics based on the ratios of areas of the objects - not the angles. The ratios of the areas stay the same no matter what the size of the object is - nevertheless these ratios are determined by basic geometry already known in ancient times. There's no secrets about them.

The secret I am talking about is the connection between number and geometry - the disconnect between the two is the secret infinity of music.

Now I just humbly ask you to engage with the content of my article and no longer spew forth 432 cult lies.

thank you very much.

Not something that leads to polite debate that stuff you got going there then buddy?

I'll pass.

:-)

• Like 3

I've scanned through the many pages of your writings. Didn't get a whole lot since I don't know a note from a newt. But.. if people conceded to your point, what changes would be made?

Would we listen to the same music, Beatles, Ramones, Mozart? Or would we recognize them as being filled with devilish chords that were an abomination and turn to Bushmen music?

• Like 2

The thing with the angles is that is lines up according to numerology, while not according to numerous other factors. The cents go off as the numbers get higher, which is the same with strings when they are not perfectly intonated to compensate.

You are concerned with the other factors - they are interesting, but they still don't refute the simple fact that there is correspondence with the numbers of the angles which create those shapes.

You say I didn't read the articles. Sure I didn't read every word, but enough to catch the gist, and we both know that they did not refute this basis, so you can point to a million other things as to why the correspondence to those angles don't matter, but they are still there corresponding with the factor 9 grid to lead to the notes which require only slight intonation adjustments to be musically perfect.

Say whatever you want about my reading skills - you still haven't said anything to refute that those correspondences exist because you can't - they are there plain as day. Do they matter in the grand scheme of everything else? I don't know - but they sure are interesting to be so perfectly lined up numerogically.

I did read the articles as well as I needed to, and for the 3rd time - you have nothing on those angles. Lots of other interesting research, but nothing that refutes those number correlations, so they still stand, and just telling me to read the articles which don't address those correlations ain't gonna change anything.

Having done somewhat my share of acoustical calculations, agreed that as far as an object's resonance, the size does make a more substantial difference on the sound as opposed to the ratio based approach. Last multi-chamber speaker cabinet I builtI specifically used golden ratioed dimensions (or as close as I could get to them) but the main intent with that usage was to have decent enough modal spacing so that there werent two or more length related dimensions closely overlapping so as to give an unwanted resonant boost.

I think Drew's main point is that in the bushmen culture, music was a tool for healing. In the western tuning, a lot of the deeper healing aspects are removed from the music since the structure of the note separation itself cancels out the higher resonances, effectively stripping healing potential from the music itself.

The reason the Perfect Fourth and Perfect Fifth work as healing energy is because they create the infinite spiral of fifths which means infinite energy in both directions. The Perfect Fourth is not made from the harmonic overtones since the fundamental tone as the denominator does not allow a 4/3 fraction. In other words the harmonics as ratios are the rational numbers so 1 is the fundamental tone, 2/1 is the octave and 3/2 is the Perfect Fifth but 4/3 does not use 1 or 2 as the denominator - the denominator has to be either the fundamental tone or the same note doubled as the fundamental tone. This is the heart of the matter - what exactly is the fundamental tone? Listening is actually an infinite process of energy creation due to this paradox of the Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth. So the Perfect Fourth is made from the undertone, making it a complementary opposite harmonic, C to F as 2/3x, a Perfect Fifth in the opposite time. The energy is infinite because the overtones and undertones, as asymmetric complementary opposites, naturally pull towards the octaves since they are close harmonics as the Pythaogorean Tetrad 1:2:3:4 which is also the Tai Chi symbol. See infinite spiral of fifths images. https://ia700603.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/33/items/sciencemusic00jean/sciencemusic00jean_jp2.zip&file=sciencemusic00jean_jp2/sciencemusic00jean_0198.jp2&scale=4&rotate=0 and
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gCa2xnNoMAU/S-mgM7-holI/AAAAAAAAPfM/rwQXlcTKnBw/s320/c5.png

some crux of the matter:

So by having “no beats” the Tetrad-Tai Chi tap into the infinite spiral of energy where there is no fundamental note but rather an infinite listening process.

If you're missing this, Drew is saying that the western tuning standard creates overtones that beat and dont jive with one another.

'Beat' between two harmonics of notes that should otherwise be in harmony together, rob energypotential from the harmony and kill out higher and lower resonances because of the discrepancy.

It’s not any one specific frequency at issue but rather the system of frequencies used as a mathematical philosophy!

and that's why he asserts 432 is not much more than moving a painting on a wall down a few cm...

• Like 2

Thanks for bringing the topic round JB.

I dont disagree with any of that. Its really just a matter of affinity with numerology and re-occurring numbers in nature and the universe that makes 432 appealing. If one has no affinity for those things they're easily ignored, but they are rather fascinating otherwise and not requiring cult brainwashing for one to think so.

I'd be interested to hear more about the no-beat frequency stuff though. I definitely find 11th chords (4 harmony) to be the most beautiful when used with expertise.

• Like 1

triangle 180 degrees, F#=182

square 360, F# = 364

pentagon 540, C#544

hexagon=720, F#728

septagon=900, A# ; 916

octagon 1080, C#1088

So... sacred geometry is based on "archonic math" am I reading that right?

Who 'sacralises' geometry these days?

Back in Pythagoras' days the Geos Metros mystified how they resurveyed farmland after the Nile floods so that each farmer got his own fields back intact without losing land to a neighbour.

That was a father to son business so it was in their interests to mystify the practice a bit like a proto 'Trade Guild' to keep out the competition.

It was a sweet deal.

Pythagorus rocks up and realises how they did the 'trick' using a long rope knotted equidistantly 3-4-5 and two sticks to create perfect right angles.

He tells Pharaoh how it's done and the cat is out of the bag.

The Geos Metroi put out a contract on Pythagoras so he high tails it out of Egypt with their 'secret'.

And the rest, as they say; is history.

Mystifying number, shape and space is a complete dead end lads.

Gets you nowhere.

You need some land surveying then geometry is your man.

If you want to enjoy music then ears will do the trick.

What sounds harmonious in one culture ( teenagers for example) can sound like a dismal cacophony to other ears.

For the numinous you need cultivation.

That cannot be quantified, ever.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

numerology is arbitrary - that's why it's a cult. People just can create whatever associations they want.

http://www.oursounduniverse.com/articles/Fsharparticle.html

Capturing F#:

The most obvious source is to begin with that which we have agreed to call the pitch, or tone, of F#. I use the tuning scale where C = 1 cycle per second, or 1Hertz. The numbers on this scale are slightly flatter than the scale using C=l.03 (A = 440). On the tuning chart where C=1, all F#s fall in octaves on the following hertz numbers (rounded off):

1.4, 2.8, 5.6, 11.25, 22.5, 45, 90, 180, 360, 720, 1440 etc.

The issue I am talking about is not based on choosing a certain letter for a certain number - that is numerology. You can make a certain number line up with a certain letter - it doesn't mean anything.

The secret of Taoism is exactly against this "one to one correspondence" between number and letter which is gematria as numerology.

So again 2:3 is C to F while 3:2 is C to G. Same "C" as 1 hertz but the C to F is an undertone as yin and the C to G is overtone as yang.

To use geometric angles for frequency already assumes a symmetric one to one correspondence based on a contained infinity. Listening as meditation is not geometry and it is not a contained infinity.

The Tao can not be "captured."

• Like 2

All I said is that it's interesting and corresponds to a larger organization of numerical values in the universe. That much is true, and the ratio system works with or without A=432 so I don't see why you need to get so frustrated about it, calling it a cult. Trying to shame people with arbitrary accusations because they hold opposing viewpoints - that is cult mentality and behaviour and really counterproductive to having a successful conversation about something.

So undertones and overtones are yin and yang - sure whatever. Everything has yin and yang. How is that any less arbitrary? It has some meaning in your experience I hope. Numerology has shown it's value in my own experience. So we're both talking about things that are arbitrary to most everyone else.

"The secret of Taoism is exactly against this "one to one correspondence" between number and letter which is gematria as numerology."

Taoism is all about correspondences. Look at the 5 element theory, I Ching symbolism, Feng Shui astronomy. Just because you find a pattern doesn't mean things are limited. Just because a wheel only turns doesn't mean it can only go one direction.

numerology is arbitrary - that's why it's a cult. People just can create whatever associations they want.

The issue I am talking about is not based on choosing a certain letter for a certain number - that is numerology. You can make a certain number line up with a certain letter - it doesn't mean anything.

The secret of Taoism is exactly against this "one to one correspondence" between number and letter which is gematria as numerology.

So again 2:3 is C to F while 3:2 is C to G. Same "C" as 1 hertz but the C to F is an undertone as yin and the C to G is overtone as yang.

To use geometric angles for frequency already assumes a symmetric one to one correspondence based on a contained infinity. Listening as meditation is not geometry and it is not a contained infinity.

Can you provide some examples of recorded music?

If people actually read the article - you find this:

2) Those perfect fourth/perfect fifth intervals are found in all human cultures and used for trance healing. See Bushmen trance dance video and music examples from all over the world.
http://soundingthedepths.blogspot.com/p/audio-visual-examples.html and

Notice that the Bushmen men trance dancing are moving in the Tai-Chi symbol!

But it might not make much sense out of the context of the article which explains more.

The claim about the five elements just being another correspondence no different than the fake Pythagorean "one to one" Western correspondences is a lie.

My article states this:

Taoist qigong master Michael Winn agrees with me about the secret music origins of inner alchemy paranormal training: “But the fifth is a given of the Chinese pentatonic scale (possibly symbolized by five dots in the center) and is omnipresent in Daoist cosmology as the first female (2) and first male (3) number, as cited previously in verse 42 of the Daodejing.” http://www.healingtaousa.com/pdf/dao_inner_alchemy.pdf

The claim about the five elements just being another correspondence no different than the fake Pythagorean "one to one" Western correspondences is a lie.

What about sympathetic resonance like in ultrasound therapy, matching the resonance of something within a couple of hertz can cause that thing to vibrate in beat with the resonance? It's pretty darn good luck that the angles match up, to such varied hertz numbers, which create a perfect major chord with only very slight intonation adjustments needed for 100% perfect pitch (in hertz).

If resonating at the tone of something is important, then 440 vs. 432 is important. We know from ultrasound, and opera singers shattering crystal glasses by doing vibrato around the same pitch of the glass, that matching pitch is important. So if this factor 9 pattern of hertz increases matches up with other harmonies, numeric or otherwise, then it would be at least worth considering.

I don't want to take over the thread, as there's more to talk about on the subject, but you've claimed to discredit something which can not be denied (the number correspondences), was not addressed (directly) outside of this conversation, and to which you still haven't provided a direct argument to which I haven't responded to with counter evidence.

Thanks for bringing the topic round JB.

I dont disagree with any of that. Its really just a matter of affinity with numerology and re-occurring numbers in nature and the universe that makes 432 appealing. If one has no affinity for those things they're easily ignored, but they are rather fascinating otherwise and not requiring cult brainwashing for one to think so.

I'd be interested to hear more about the no-beat frequency stuff though. I definitely find 11th chords (4 harmony) to be the most beautiful when used with expertise.

Affinity is imho a slippery slope when considering harmonic resonance. Some people dig the crazy 9th chords but they tend to make baby p's face look a lil scared. Things like affinity dont really address the result on the harmonics. Its not that 432 isnt something that might be significant or useful, its just that if you're considering those ratios and cramming them into the western tuning, then the net effect is the same and the ratio based approach is simply not powerful enough to overcome the eviscerating of the harmonics provided by the tuning paradigm.

In Helmholtz's On The Sensations Of Tone he spells it out how they started with the paradigm being established, but they carried the ratio approach too far and stopped at an arbitrary point too, simply based on "what sounded pleasant and distinguishable" and a bunch of nodding heads agreed that this should be the tuning system. So while it enables a certain quality of granularity to impart on the listener, it becomes rather stunted from the wider paradigm Drew is explaining.

yeah, this stuff turned my head upside down when I first got here reading ya musings on all of this stuff. but I've had years to ponder and read it, I sure as hell didnt get what this stuff meant first read.

What about sympathetic resonance like in ultrasound therapy, matching the resonance of something within a couple of hertz can cause that thing to vibrate in beat with the resonance? It's pretty darn good luck that the angles match up, to such varied hertz numbers, which create a perfect major chord with only very slight intonation adjustments needed for 100% perfect pitch (in hertz).

If resonating at the tone of something is important, then 440 vs. 432 is important. We know from ultrasound, and opera singers shattering crystal glasses by doing vibrato around the same pitch of the glass, that matching pitch is important. So if this factor 9 pattern of hertz increases matches up with other harmonies, numeric or otherwise, then it would be at least worth considering.

I don't want to take over the thread, as there's more to talk about on the subject, but you've claimed to discredit something which can not be denied (the number correspondences), was not addressed (directly) outside of this conversation, and to which you still haven't provided a direct argument to which I haven't responded to with counter evidence.

What about sympathetic resonance? :) If you are talking tuning forks with matched frequencies, say an octave, then the potential is still contained....but if you get on to moving frequencies and obtaining beats then the quality becomes entirely different. Useful in its own regard, the beating...I mean look at tingsha or this pair of singing bowls I have, can do some interesting things with beats those produce. But also keep in mind you're not "playing a western tuning based chord" in producing beats like this. Beats about the fundamental are a different phenomenon than having your tuning system produce a chord that has dissonant overtones - if something is "truly in harmony" then there should not be any dissonance to it whatsoever, at least in theory, right? Pure fundamental tones fit in easily, but a rich complex tone...

One of the big points is that....strum out your favorite chord on the guitar...the tuning structure result is this: while the fundamental tones of the chord will largely be in consonance, much of the resultant overtones will be dissonant (based on the western tuning structure) so you wind up having this sonic plate of tones (think of cooking an herbal decoction) cooked in a glaze that contains ingredients that destroy the healing properties of the herbs you're trying to decoct. Net result winds up being you do not wind up receiving the full (or the same) quality of outcome from the brew.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~boyk/spectra/spectra.htm

o.k. this is analysis of overtones into ultrasound. No mention of 432 hertz. I have searched and searched but yet another 432 cult claim debunked.

Yesterday someone published a 432 article claiming it was the hertz of neanderthal instruments! When I debunked that they cut off contact with me. haha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersonic_effect

Yeah there is a "hypersonic effect" claim that used gamelan instruments which do not use the perfect fifth/fourth tunings but they also do not use the Western irrational logarithmics like the 432 scale does. haha.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16976.55;wap2

This is a thread discussing ultrasound vis a vis 432 hertz - the website is an internet cult based on someone channeling info. haha. Still might find something interesting.

What I am doing is arguing that the non-commutative secret of the Tetrad Perfect Fourth/Fifth Tai-Chi alchemy was rediscovered as the Fourier Uncertainty Principle - the time-frequency uncertainty which is also non-commutative.

So my article does some analysis that achieves the same result for the two.

So science has the Devil's Staircase which means that the low rational integers resonate as nonlinear harmonics so the higher you go into overtones the stronger the amplitude of the undertone beats are. The driving resonance is strongest when the low natural harmonics are used.

So it's not one "frequency" - and in fact Hertz relies on a symmetric commutative definition of time as wavelength (amplitude) but rather because of time-frequency uncertainty then reality is non-commutative and the energy as consciousness is non-local.

So we exist within sound as consciousness - no "one" is listening but rather the consciousness is listening to us. We discover this by a deep process of listening - there is no start or end to listening. In fact hearing is the final perception that is maintained at death so it is used to test unconscious people in comas to see if they should have the plug pulled or not.

So my article gives the evidence that the perfect fourth/fifth harmonics has the strongest brain resonance and also that ultrasound naturally resonates the skull cavity. So put that together and you have the Tai-Chi Tetrad as the best way to resonate the mind-body into ultrasound harmonics.

But yeah the qigong master has said that these external technologies like rife machines or magnets, etc. can help and heal but overtime can create problems - because again the secret is not any one frequency but rather this eternal number resonance since 2 does not go into 3 and 1 is not really a number just as there is no source to the I-thought. We can logically infer the time-frequency uncertainty as non-local consciousness since when frequency is zero then time as phase is infinite and vice versa but that process of listening never ends. So that is how zero-point energy works - because it is asymmetric or non-commutative number then it spontaneously creates energy as form.

Energy cannot be 'created'.

It's there all the time in one form or another.

Edited by GrandmasterP

http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter479/Harmonic.jpg

So that's the Tai-Chi as the Perfect fifth/fourth - there is a science to alchemy practice! It's not just new age aphorisms. The toes to the sacrum is 2/3 ratio and so is the sacrum to the top of the skull. Open up the small of the back - the sacrum and you get the sacred energy up to the heaven skull from earth - harmony of heaven and earth.

Fourier analysis has proven that any geometric form can be created from the basic sine waves but that the Fourier Uncertainty Principle, the time-frequency uncertainty principle, demonstrates an underlying infinite non-local formlessness to this process of time-frequency energy creation out of the low rational harmonic numbers.

Harmonic.jpg

Why is this image so important? It demonstrates that "before frequency" which is a symmetric commutative measurement, the rational integers of the Tetrad-Tai Chi are non-commutative and asymmetric, thereby creating nonlinear feedback as infinite energy. Physicist Charles Madden in his Fractals in Music: Introductory Mathematics for Musical Analysis (1999, reprint 2007) points out that the Tai Chi symbol is not a fractal because of the yin-yang (Perfect Fourth/Fifth) resonance it is asymmetric and therefore not a logistic or irrational logarithmic equation.

Means.png

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~boyk/spectra/spectra.htm

o.k. this is analysis of overtones into ultrasound. No mention of 432 hertz. I have searched and searched but yet another 432 cult claim debunked.

Yesterday someone published a 432 article claiming it was the hertz of neanderthal instruments! When I debunked that they cut off contact with me. haha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersonic_effect

Yeah there is a "hypersonic effect" claim that used gamelan instruments which do not use the perfect fifth/fourth tunings but they also do not use the Western irrational logarithmics like the 432 scale does. haha.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=16976.55;wap2

This is a thread discussing ultrasound vis a vis 432 hertz - the website is an internet cult based on someone channeling info. haha. Still might find something interesting.

Yeah, exactly, they don't address 432 at all, nor use instruments with A432.

So if you're done providing me a whole bunch of long articles that don't even address the basis of the argument, I think you should just leave frequency out of your thesis and just focus on harmonies since that is what it's about. So long as you continue to falsely accuse people of being in a CULT because they see some interesting info about 432 your taking your agenda off topic and only providing distractions when someone addresses your so called debunks.

So again, stop making these false accusations with so-called evidence that doesn't even address the reasons that support 432. Your insulting people, and basically running away by throwing a bunch of long articles at me which don't even address my arguments. I'm tired of this game and reading the irrelevant articles you use as counterpoints, and I think we've both proven my point that you have no valid argument that directly counters the reasons that people are interested in 432. This doesn't mean 432 is super important in the universe, but nothing you have said proves anything otherwise.

So again, stop accusing people of being in a CULT because they disagree with you, and focus on what you are interested in - overtones etc..

• Like 1