Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Philosophy subsection?

But then Nietzsche declared God dead and didn't replace it with anything. He left it up to man to find his own way. (Of course, he offered a lot of his own suggestions.)

I think Nietzsche was an idiot. Spitting all the time on people and an attitude without whom and which he wouldn't have been able to live too long, or comfortable in any way. Typical case of someone to whom you'd wish that anybody would listen to his ideas, so he might get an idea what his creations might lead to, by directly tasting the consequences himself.

Edited by Yascra

Hehehe. Humor will not distract from the fact that we must remain grounded.

Its ok to have your feet on the ground but if your head is on the ground too, you are in trouble.

• Like 3

I think Nietzsche was an idiot. Spitting all the time on people and an attitude without whom and which he wouldn't have been able to live too long, or comfortable in any way. Typical case of someone to whom you'd wish that anybody would listen to his ideas, so he might get an idea what his creations might lead to, by directly tasting the consequences himself.

Have you actually read any of Nietzsche's writings. I have heard many people say this same thing and they have never actually read anything written by him but are only voicing the opinions of those who hate him because he declared God to be dead.

How can anyone judge him who has never known him? How can one judge what he wrote when one has never read or if read, never understood what he was saying?

marblehead is going to look for that "dont like" button again.

Actually I am responding in kind this time. No need for the button.

Its ok to have your feet on the ground but if your head is on the ground too, you are in trouble.

And even more so if one's head is up a dark place.

• Like 2

Maths and Philosophy are favourite subjects with university administrators as neither needs very much by way of resources.

For maths all one really needs per student is a pencil and some paper plus one wastepaper bin per classroom to receive discarded workings.

Philosophy is even cheaper to resource.

No wastepaper bins are required.

I lurve philosophy. It's that time of year at work where the first years begin to grapple with Philosophies of Education in order to apprehend, and thereby justify a beginning 'underpinning methodology' for their own teaching praxes.

I lean towards the constructivist ( neo-pragmatic .. Rorty et al) and funnily enough so do most of the students by the end of this next ' Phil of ed' unit.

If nothing else pragmatism is 'baggy' enough to accommodate various approaches.

A Philosophy thread would be good on here but maybe focused on Philosophical Taoism as per MH's tripartite taxonomy of Taoism.

Alchemical.

Religious.

Philosophical.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Sign in to follow this