TheExaltedRonin

One "issue" I have with this site.

btw, the forums a brimming with Daoist discussions. Any thread that has anything to do with DDJ, yin/yang, five elements, wu wei, wuji, Qigong/Taiji/Bagua etc, MCO, Dantien, meridians, Yijing, Immortals, Neijing, TCM, acupoints, healing sounds, Feng Shui, and a host of other inherently Daoist topics, is Daoist in nature. Daoist practice is a lot more than navel gazing and book club discussions.

And this is why I chastised you earlier for claiming you 'put it all into practice'.

• Like 2

Yeah, I even used to tell my Buddhist friends that they were really talking about Taoist concepts but they kicked me out of the Buddhist Discussions sub-forum. Hehehe.

Yeah, I even used to tell my Buddhist friends that they were really talking about Taoist concepts but they kicked me out of the Buddhist Discussions sub-forum. Hehehe.

Damn it! I always think you buddhists and taoists are really talking about vedanta concepts. I'm smart enough to keep quiet about it though.. pretty much.

• Like 1

Go for it!

My knowledge base of Hinduism is too weak for me to present an arguement. But I have had discussion with those who do have a sound knowledge base and have always found far more agreements than disagreements.

• Like 1

@soaringcrane

I see where our misunderstanding lies then. What you feel is "all" the taoist practices is far different then what I find as "all" taoist practices.

For example, basing my own interpretation of the TTC and HHC I don't believe in sitting meditation.

However that's something that's commonly used and taught within taoist practices today. That would be part of your "all". Not mine.

@Exalted, I think you might be off when you assume I quote "You all claim to practice taoism", this is a generality that is wrong. We're a very eclectic bunch, by no means Taoist, though taoism is a such a wide label that its easy to for people who hang out under it. But people here who consider themselves Taoists, not so many, though most of us are inspired by Taoist ideas. Your accusation 'What kind of Taoist are you?' is nonsensical cause I'm not a taoist.

I tend to mix up Taoism and Zen all the time. But a true Taoist, a religious Taoist certainly wouldn't. A Real Taoist forum would be talking gods, pantheons and temples.. monk stuff.

You do know that there is a whole subforum on the TTC here. Maybe you think the discussions there are under you? Or over you? Or you don't the material well enough to join in. I don't know, don't care. But if you want to join in discussions, you may have to drop your lecturing and prejudices. Or find a new site.

• Like 1

@thelerner

How cute. I adore your confusion. Name one time I lectured and name one time I have been "prejudice".

Enlighten me.

BTW: Zen= Taoism + Buddhism :)

And don't get mad. That's when people become irritable and lose the concept of their argument. ;)

@thelerner

Also, you do realize true taoists can practice the philosophical side, yes? So not only does the true understanding of the "scope" of taoism elude you, but you seem irritated with my prescense. No duality buddy.

@Exalted

Well it's not necesaarily an issue. Plenty of us agree with the things that you question. It's not really an issue that say 80% practice a form of Taoism that doesn't fit your understanding.

So you feel you got it right? Be happy about it :)

I didn't expect thelerner to come back. Big suprise . ;)

Perhaps he feels you're just not worth the expenditure of energy? Or maybe he's busy.

• Like 1

Taoist = living in harmony, I see how "issue" could get in the way,take someone off the way and not see the way out. Embrace all and vision is not so small and one sided.

like the frog in the well his view would not allow for something to be different than his own. The frog from the sea was a dick because no one knows the well better than me. (sarcasm)

Who really cares about this site and what does it even matter. Only what one attaches to it decides.

For me "I" come and go as "I" please with no attachment, absorb what is useful and what is not....pure entertainment.

• Like 1

The frog in a well can only view the sky through the narrow mouth of the well and see nothing else. However, this site is like an ocean which gives one a much broader vision than the well. One just need to keep the eyes open to see what one doesn't want to see.

• Like 4

I love you too soaringcrane.

I feel so much better. Seeing all the irritable narrow minded people being dealth with a whole Taoist view on their behaviors and this is how they act.

Priceless.

I feel so much better. Seeing all the irritable narrow minded people being dealth with a whole Taoist view on their behaviors and this is how they act.

Priceless.

Lighten up. We all can't be the way you want us to be. We have to be who we are.

So are you yet satisfied with you success at criticizing those who do not conform to your expectations?

We are just, most of us, everyday people. Nothing special except for the fact taht we each are special in our own way.

Priceless.

you were completely sarcastic and confrontational in the comment that you directed to thelearner. I only offered an alternative possibility to your cynical "challenge". Seriously, why do you think you're so special? You've written similar replies to other people, including myself. You seem to not understand that your debates aren't terribly important to everyone.

Edited by soaring crane

You seem to not understand that your debates aren't terribly important to everyone.

Hehehe. The truth sometimes isn't as pretty as we want it to be.

• Like 1

One can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Now that's the truth soaring crane.

Nice name BTW.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2