Yoda

Witch's "Orgasmic Diet"

Dark Chocolate is higher in antioxidants than blueberries.

I've experimented with a collagen supplement called "aminosculpt" which is marketed for weightloss. I think that it is stronger and more effective than N.O., at the same time it doesn't congest my throat that NO causes me.

By N.O You are talking about nitric oxide? Also was the feeling more like someone was stepping on your throat or it felt like you had less room for air in your throat?

By N.O You are talking about nitric oxide? Also was the feeling more like someone was stepping on your throat or it felt like you had less room for air in your throat?

Yes, nitric oxide.

A lot, lot less room for air in the throat.

Fish oil increases nitric oxide--in a healthy way.

I already do take it once a day in a 3-4 gram amount. I'm going to start taking it every three to four hours while I'm awake along with 5-htp, cayenne pepper, and aloe vera (to reduce the irritation that cayenne pepper causes on the way out :ph34r: ) along with a lot of water and cardiovascular exercise. I did this before for almost two months, and I think that it might have opened the central channel considerably. From the experience, I saw what Bill Bodri wrote about when he paraphrased Confucius about the body feeling like "springtime" or ching-an.

I already do take it once a day in a 3-4 gram amount. I'm going to start taking it every three to four hours while I'm awake along with 5-htp, cayenne pepper, and aloe vera (to reduce the irritation that cayenne pepper causes on the way out :ph34r: ) along with a lot of water and cardiovascular exercise. I did this before for almost two months, and I think that it might have opened the central channel considerably. From the experience, I saw what Bill Bodri wrote about when he paraphrased Confucius about the body feeling like "springtime" or ching-an.

5-htp will fight against the fish oil effect. If you are female I recommend against daily consumption of hot pepper. Dr. Beverly Whipple has done research showing this can lead to desensitizing of the genitals, leading to a decrease in sexual pleasure.

It doesn't matter how much fish oil you take. There are some really diluted lousy brands out there. What matters is how much EPA and DHA you take.

5-htp will fight against the fish oil effect. If you are female I recommend against daily consumption of hot pepper. Dr. Beverly Whipple has done research showing this can lead to desensitizing of the genitals, leading to a decrease in sexual pleasure.

It doesn't matter how much fish oil you take. There are some really diluted lousy brands out there. What matters is how much EPA and DHA you take.

Can't really drop the cayenne pepper. I think the stuff burned everything bad in almost every single artery and recovered me almost completely from the frostbite that I suffered to the feet almost 13 years ago.

The 5-htp reduces libido but that is probably due to the boosting of the internal time clock and seasonal clock (pineal gland). I'll be glad to take a reduction in the libido if it means getting a fully functioning brain that can get closer to producing self-induced bliss.

I'm not looking to trump nature, I'm seeking how to best take advantage in these times.

Can't really drop the cayenne pepper. I think the stuff burned everything bad in almost every single artery and recovered me almost completely from the frostbite that I suffered to the feet almost 13 years ago.

The 5-htp reduces libido but that is probably due to the boosting of the internal time clock and seasonal clock (pineal gland). I'll be glad to take a reduction in the libido if it means getting a fully functioning brain that can get closer to producing self-induced bliss.

5-htp decreases libido by raising serotonin without raising dopamine. High-dose fish oil works pretty well as an antidepressant too, and it raises both serotonin and dopamine. You might want to give it a try for depression, as an alternate to 5-htp.

Xenolith, while you did invite me and I did initially post to find out what the heck was going on with my body, I assure you I also had ulterior motives.

I believe you. Just trying to help you keep it real ZB.

I refer you to my myspace blog to show I am telling the truth.

No time for that. And I believe you.

I also point out I posted with a younger, thinner, prettier picture of myself to see if anyone would bite (because I can always lose weight).

Missed that. Reprise?

Edited by xenolith

Flipping through the book again.

I've been a vegan (more or less) after reading The China Study where there seems to be pretty good documentation that eating animal products isn't good for one's cardiovascular health and longevity.

But there was no real theory as to why that might be the case.

Has Witch figured it out???

She says that the problem with animal products isn't an intrinsic one... grass fed animals are high in omega 3 and grain fed animals are high in omega 6. Go back to grass fed and the health issue is solved. If I understood her correctly, you don't need to spend gazillions on grass fed animal products, you can simply avoid eating junk food type fats, eat regular animal products with their omega 6s and simply take pretty good doses of fish oil to balance out the situation.

I have a friend who feeds his family on organic, grass fed everything and let me tell you... their food budget is like 30k a year!!!! I'll just stay vegan if that's the case!

I haven't come off my vegan perch yet, but I have eliminated soy. Very interesting theory, though!!!

Yoda,

a recent isotope analysis of early humans shows they ate basically nothing but meat and fish. East Asians can get away with a high-carb diet more easily because their pancreas and salivary glands are larger. The natural diet of humans is meat and fish, largely. Dr. Weston Price noted that the healthiest groups he found were the fish eaters, followed by the meat eaters. The closest-to-vegetarian groups he found had the worst teeth, bone structure, and health.

I did the raw fruitarian thing, the raw vegan thing, and now I'm doing the nearly-all-raw RAF diet. My teeth, my mental state, my mood and my libido all thank me. :lol:

Agartha,

I've done the high meat thing before and it didn't work out for me, but that's not to say it's not great for somebody else.

Where in NC are you? I'm in Columbia, SC.

-Yoda

Here's another vote for Witch's case:

http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed..._a_nutshell.htm

I think he makes a good point... the meat industry is fighting against the science rather than using it to overhaul the system and solve the problem.

Getting rid of factory farming is probably out of the question, but you can maybe feed the animals pelletized grass and maybe solve it that way.

I might start eating a bit more meat, though.

Yoda,

a recent isotope analysis of early humans shows they ate basically nothing but meat and fish. East Asians can get away with a high-carb diet more easily because their pancreas and salivary glands are larger. The natural diet of humans is meat and fish, largely. Dr. Weston Price noted that the healthiest groups he found were the fish eaters, followed by the meat eaters. The closest-to-vegetarian groups he found had the worst teeth, bone structure, and health.

I did the raw fruitarian thing, the raw vegan thing, and now I'm doing the nearly-all-raw RAF diet. My teeth, my mental state, my mood and my libido all thank me. :lol:

i'm finding this terribly difficult to believe. i was going to say especially the bone structure issue but now that i re-read it's everything. most vegans have a diet in which they exercise regularly and take care of themselves over an average american. also, the rate of osteoporosis for americans is greatly higher than asia which is predominately of vegan or vegetarian culture. most vegans can take supplements including dha and flax seed oil. dha is essentially what the fish oil is attempting to create with it's omega 3's. also, a lot of vegan cuisine and food is fortified with omega 3's at times as well.

that is all early humans where exposed to, meat and fish. neanderthals where found during the ice age in which no plants blossomed or anything green for that matter. once agriculture took place humans consumed a lot of greens which i believe helped set a balance. anyone who says what we "originally" ate is what we should eat now i believe is incorrect. the neanderthal, homo erectus, and homo sapiens all only lived from 20-30 years old.

there are accounts of indian yogi's and taoist priests who lived on a vegetarian diet and easily reach 100 years old and are still in perfect health. more vegetables = higher alkaline content and it just so happens your teeth flourish in an alkaline content, which is why i know what you're posting is a lie. if you've ever vomited you'll notice how your teeth feel all chalky and what not - that's because of your stomach acid. when you eat meat your body becomes more and more acidic, whereas a vegetable based diet is more alkaline. with a more alkaline based diet your teeth feel smooth and lubricated. i could go on forever on this topic but the bottom line is wherever you got that information (if it wasn't just made up) they're greatly mistaken.

I knew I should just let people find out for themselves, mantis. Go do your research. Here is the basic research. Dr. Price found that the meat/blood/milk eaters, the Masai, were much healthier, stronger, and had better teeth than their mostly-vegetarian neighbors, the Bantu. he consistently found that the healthiest groups he found were the fish eaters, and that many groups would go to great lengths to get regular access to certain kinds of fish eggs and shellfish. I'm not saying you can't be a fairly healthy lacto-vegetarian. I am, however, saying that most seafoods are generally pretty darn good for your teeth, as are, when healthy animals are used, organ meats, etc..

These are facts. This doesn't mean I hail meat and fish as miracle foods....the best things I've found for my teeth are actually healing clays like pascalite, as well as coconut oil. However, I really have noticed the healing qualities of some kinds of shellfish (shrimp brains for me) and fish eggs too. I eat a mix of foods, and you're not going to meet many people who've been trying the raw diet seriously for as long as I have, and I guarantee none on this message board.

Yoda--I live in Walnut Cove, about 20 minutes north of Winston. I am blunt sword/johnson from Winn's healing tao board.

My diet isn't meat-based. I eat very little muscle meat. When I do eat land animals, it's the liver/lard/brains etc. from healthy animals. I am very particular about my sources. My big food sources are shellfish, fish, some raw goat dairy, coconut oil, and various other things like greens and some fruit (although I'm moving toward eating less fruit).

If I understood her correctly, you don't need to spend gazillions on grass fed animal products, you can simply avoid eating junk food type fats, eat regular animal products with their omega 6s and simply take pretty good doses of fish oil to balance out the situation.

You understand me. The body does need some omega-6, of course, so I don't see too much harm in eating regular meat (although I do shop at Whole Foods). It sounds like agharta is truly eating a healthy caveman diet, but in this day and age most people would find his approach extremely difficult, expensive and unpalatable. Mine is the lazy woman's approach.

Mantis, flax seed oil is ALA, so while you need some, it is not the same as EPA and DHA that are in fish oil. And yes there are algae DHA supplements, but I've never come across a vegetarian who was taking enough of them for his body weight, not even close. Usually just a tiny fraction of what is necessary.

DHA is the body's currency. A pregnant woman is stripped of it, and breastmilk and semen are full of it. Our bodies consider it extremely important.

I knew I should just let people find out for themselves, mantis. Go do your research. Here is the basic research. Dr. Price found that the meat/blood/milk eaters, the Masai, were much healthier, stronger, and had better teeth than their mostly-vegetarian neighbors, the Bantu. he consistently found that the healthiest groups he found were the fish eaters, and that many groups would go to great lengths to get regular access to certain kinds of fish eggs and shellfish. I'm not saying you can't be a fairly healthy lacto-vegetarian. I am, however, saying that most seafoods are generally pretty darn good for your teeth, as are, when healthy animals are used, organ meats, etc..

These are facts. This doesn't mean I hail meat and fish as miracle foods....the best things I've found for my teeth are actually healing clays like pascalite, as well as coconut oil. However, I really have noticed the healing qualities of some kinds of shellfish (shrimp brains for me) and fish eggs too. I eat a mix of foods, and you're not going to meet many people who've been trying the raw diet seriously for as long as I have, and I guarantee none on this message board.

Yoda--I live in Walnut Cove, about 20 minutes north of Winston. I am blunt sword/johnson from Winn's healing tao board.

My diet isn't meat-based. I eat very little muscle meat. When I do eat land animals, it's the liver/lard/brains etc. from healthy animals. I am very particular about my sources. My big food sources are shellfish, fish, some raw goat dairy, coconut oil, and various other things like greens and some fruit (although I'm moving toward eating less fruit).

How long have you been in this diet?

I am on my fourth year of PD and I find myself better every day, except for the teeth. But I don't eat much (or any) shellfish. I mostly eat raw muscle meat, now about 400 gr a day. About 5-6 days a week.

I suppose we need to be reeducated about what parts of an animal would you eat, and how. So, have you got a straw for drinking an animal brain or you just bite the head?

P.S. I am going for 1 week on holiday in greece. I will have to stop my PD, not to get very acidic-alcaline unbalanced. If you have suggestions on how to continue as a caveman I would greatly appreciate. I might try to check it in the next day, as I arrive to Athens.

Both of those articles are erroneous and misleading. The first, for example, equating the benefit of eating EPA and DHA with only avoidance of heart disease and then saying that vegans have good cholesterol levels. EPA and DHA are important for more than just that. The conversion ratio for ALA to EPA and DHA is known, and it's quite high, like 60 to 1. Comparing omega-3 fatty acid concentrations in vegetarian sources and fish oil is also odd, as vegetarian sources are ALA.

What I recommend is taking a helluva lot of algae DHA supplements if one is vegetarian (along with a good multivitamin).

How long have you been in this diet?

I am on my fourth year of PD and I find myself better every day, except for the teeth. But I don't eat much (or any) shellfish. I mostly eat raw muscle meat, now about 400 gr a day. About 5-6 days a week.

I suppose we need to be reeducated about what parts of an animal would you eat, and how. So, have you got a straw for drinking an animal brain or you just bite the head?

P.S. I am going for 1 week on holiday in greece. I will have to stop my PD, not to get very acidic-alcaline unbalanced. If you have suggestions on how to continue as a caveman I would greatly appreciate. I might try to check it in the next day, as I arrive to Athens.

I've been slowly adding in more animal foods over the last couple of years. I was doing the raw vegan thing for about 4 years, but could never completely let go of raw dairy or raw fish/shrimp for more than a month or two at a time, which may have been a lucky thing for me.

I'd try liver, raw fat, bone marrow, and maybe heart, if I were you. Other parts can be good too, experiment, but try not to overdo any one source or part.

I'd eat green salads, raw olives, raw fish/shellfish/fish eggs, and raw goat milk/cheese/yogurt. I've never been to Greece, so I am only guessing as to what you can get there.

In light of Witch's insights, it is interesting to recall that Dr. Kellogg invented corn flakes in order to reduce people's sex drive and eliminate masturbation. His marriage was 100% celibate per wiki.

I'm sure later accounts will come out that he would slug down some fish oil and visit the local saloon on occasion.

In light of Witch's insights, it is interesting to recall that Dr. Kellogg invented corn flakes in order to reduce people's sex drive and eliminate masturbation. His marriage was 100% celibate per wiki.

I'm sure later accounts will come out that he would slug down some fish oil and visit the local saloon on occasion.

I heard that story. Can you give me a reference. I have been looking for it quite some time. People in PD are known for having stronger sex drive.

What is a wiki marriage? A marriage where anyone can come and change things?? :lol:

I've been slowly adding in more animal foods over the last couple of years. I was doing the raw vegan thing for about 4 years, but could never completely let go of raw dairy or raw fish/shrimp for more than a month or two at a time, which may have been a lucky thing for me.

I'd try liver, raw fat, bone marrow, and maybe heart, if I were you. Other parts can be good too, experiment, but try not to overdo any one source or part.

I'd eat green salads, raw olives, raw fish/shellfish/fish eggs, and raw goat milk/cheese/yogurt. I've never been to Greece, so I am only guessing as to what you can get there.

Thanks

Yes, the yoghurt with honey is top of my eating list here.

The try the rest. I tried some shellfish raw, fresh just taken in Dublin and I had a resurgeon of a meditation experience 2 hours later. Something as intense as after the last Bruce workshop, so I am very interested.

Problems is finding all this organic. Gosh it is even hard to find them grass fed.

off in the sun.

Edited by Pietro

P, there are lots of secondary sources citing Dr K inventing corn flakes to assist celibacy I found through googling: Dr. Kellogg celibacy invented "corn flakes" and the like. The wiki has a pretty good write up of him. Possibly of celibacy too. -Y

Wait a second... who the hell is Cliff Richard???? He's spent more time in the British charts than The Beatles, Queen, and Elton John and I've never heard of the guy!!

I just found him mentioned at the wiki site for celibacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celibacy and clicked on him and the article there blamed the fact that nobody knows about him b/c he's not 'in the game.' Funny that. He should have downed his fish oil and peacocked up like Sir Elton John and he'd still be getting radio play in to this day.

~~~

I'm thinking of requesting the Catholic brass to eat their corn flakes! (It would save them a lot of cash!! :) )

:lol: Probably the ultimate celibacy food is the doughnut, at least the fast food kind fried in transfats. Although they will also ruin your health!