Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

By power, I mean able to enter deep meditation states easily, lucid dream/astral project at will and everyday, heal others especially, etc. If so, could you explain in detail how you attained this power. I'm just curios how the people around here stand and as I'm starting all of this energy stuff, I want to have a good foundation and try something that works.

I know meditation is extremely helpful and I do it everyday, but I'm not really seeing any progress with meditation. Yea I'm able to calm my mind, slow my breath almost to a stop, and remember some dreams, but that's it. I sometimes do horse stance and then my body automatically starts reverse breathing and my legs shake, but I'm still not noticing any differences.

I'm curious to see what actually works for people. Please don't say mo pai because I researched this and can't find any reliable information past a certain level. Also the book(The Magus of Java) although a good read, seems exaggerated. Thanks for reading this post and if you have any advice/criticism, please input your thoughts.

• Like 1

No.

Is everyone a top charting musician?

Is everyone a pro in their favorite field of sport.

Of course not.

Same goes with spiritual and energetic practices (though oftentimes people trying to sell books will try to tell you otherwise).

Though most people drawn to it can do a lot if they practice daily.

You are worried about lack of results, but if you have been practicing daily for less than 2 years, I wouldn't worry about all. It takes awhile to get this stuff to work.

• Like 4

Find a system where the top end practitioners/teachers can do the things you want to do and live the way you want to live, then dedicate yourself to that system in the same manner that they did.

• Like 1

No.

Is everyone a top charting musician?

Is everyone a pro in their favorite field of sport.

Of course not.

Same goes with spiritual and energetic practices (though oftentimes people trying to sell books will try to tell you otherwise).

Though most people drawn to it can do a lot if they practice daily.

You are worried about lack of results, but if you have been practicing daily for less than 2 years, I wouldn't worry about all. It takes awhile to get this stuff to work.

Two years... I mean I'll still meditating two years from now but that's too long for something to happen. How is one supposed to know that they're progressing at all?

Find a system where the top end practitioners/teachers can do the things you want to do and live the way you want to live, then dedicate yourself to that system in the same manner that they did.

Okay thanks for the advice, but I meant more along the lines of something you do personally and has clear results.

Okay thanks for the advice, but I meant more along the lines of something you do personally and has clear results

That's what a good system will give you, a clear path towards attaining what you want to attain.

What type of meditation do you actually practice? If all you do is basic focal meditation or breathing exercises, then it's highly unlikely imo that 2 years will be enough to give you access to any kind of power or 'supernatural' experience, and even with 10 years it isn't guaranteed. If you want a certain ability, you should train specifically for that ability. My understanding is that, generally speaking, most 'powers' are a function of the capacity of the energetic body to direct various energies and forces, and as such you need a system which will allow you to train yourself to sense, accumulate and direct the appropriate energies.

• Like 1

I'm going to take a guess that if there are thousands of paths, thousands of books and millions of practitioners out there, that it works :).

Which one? Pretty much which one your instincts draw you to.

Finding a local teacher to guide you would help immensely.

That's what a good system will give you, a clear path towards attaining what you want to attain.

What type of meditation do you actually practice? If all you do is basic focal meditation or breathing exercises, then it's highly unlikely imo that 2 years will be enough to give you access to any kind of power or 'supernatural' experience, and even with 10 years it isn't guaranteed. If you want a certain ability, you should train specifically for that ability. My understanding is that, generally speaking, most 'powers' are a function of the capacity of the energetic body to direct various energies and forces, and as such you need a system which will allow you to train yourself to sense, accumulate and direct the appropriate energies.

Well, I'm not sure *what* focal meditation is but I try not focus on anything and just clear my mind. I know I mentioned breathing exercises but I don't really do any in meditation besides noticing my breath stopping. I think zen meditation is what I'm doing(I never really looked up meditation names). I do horse stance just because I read about it in that magus of java book.

When I say I want power, I should rephrase that into I want too see a measurable result so that I know I'm doing something right.

Edited by Torus

I'm going to take a guess that if there are thousands of paths, thousands of books and millions of practitioners out there, that it works :).

Which one? Pretty much which one your instincts draw you to.

Finding a local teacher to guide you would help immensely.

Well, I'm still in high school so I couldn't really afford to pay a teacher... I'm really just looking for systems that really work. I heard about mo pai and feel that it's real, but I can't find any reliable info on it, which is why I want to know what system you practice and if you have any results.

most teachers out there have no real power either.

Well that's disappointing, do you know of anyone who teaches something that actually works and has youtube videos for a person to watch and learn from them.

Well, I'm not sure focal meditation is but I try not focus on anything and just clear my mind. I know I mentioned breathing exercises but I don't really do any in meditation besides noticing my breath stopping. I think zen meditation is what I'm doing(I never really looked up meditation names). I do horse stance just because I read about it in that magus of java book.

When I say I want power, I should rephrase that into I want too see a measurable result so that I know I'm doing something right.

from what you have expressed here, there appears to be a certain level of haphazardness in your approach. If you are serious, then you need more precision, for a start at least.

• Like 1

Well that's disappointing, do you know of anyone who teaches something that actually works and has youtube videos for a person to watch and learn from them.

You aren't going to find many teachers demonstrating their powers on youtube. Although Gary Clyman (?) has a channel, if you're thinking in terms of internal martial energy.

Well, I'm not sure *what* focal meditation is but I try not focus on anything and just clear my mind. I know I mentioned breathing exercises but I don't really do any in meditation besides noticing my breath stopping. I think zen meditation is what I'm doing(I never really looked up meditation names). I do horse stance just because I read about it in that magus of java book.

As far as I understand it, that kind of meditation is quite likely to never yield any overt signs, in terms of powers or overt energetic events, as its primary purpose is learning to calm and focus the mind.

Edited by Aeran

Well, I'm still in high school so I couldn't really afford to pay a teacher... I'm really just looking for systems that really work. I heard about mo pai and feel that it's real, but I can't find any reliable info on it, which is why I want to know what system you practice and if you have any results.

An amazing amount of folks teach for free.

Searching online for a system is a waste of time in my opinion.

• Like 1

from what you have expressed here, there appears to be a certain level of haphazardness in your approach. If you are serious, then you need more precision, for a start at least.

What do you mean by precision? I just don't want to waste time with something that doesn't work. Anyway thanks for the advice but could you elaborate on precision.

You aren't going to find many teachers demonstrating their powers on youtube. Although Gary Clyman (?) has a channel, if you're thinking in terms of internal martial energy.

As far as I understand it, that kind of meditation is quite likely to never yield any overt signs, in terms of powers or overt energetic events, as its primary purpose is learning to calm and focus the mind.

That's another shame then. I thought emptying the mind led to results. I'll still be doing this but what type of meditation would you suggest? Thanks for the advice.

An amazing amount of folks teach for free.

Searching online for a system is a waste of time in my opinion.

Now that's a big surprise, people actually teach for free. Okay, I'll look for people around my area. Thanks for the advice.

Oops didn't mean to type that.

Edited by Torus

Here's a good one, and also one of the things which builds the most power quickly. There are a series of them by him from what I recall.

• Like 3

That's another shame then. I thought emptying the mind led to results. I'll still be doing this but what type of meditation would you suggest? Thanks for the advice

Emptying the mind is a good starting point, as an empty mind will make working with energy much easier, but in itself it generally isn't enough to develop any kind of power or expanded consciousness.

• Like 1

Please do not depend on youtube videos if you are serious about gaining tangible powers.

Assuming you are just the average person (i am) i'd say you would need to be prepared to train for many years before even moving from the basic position.

I'd recommend to begin by training your mind first. A stable, joyful mind will engender many wonderful opportunities for real, helpful powers to manifest.

• Like 3

What do you mean by precision? I just don't want to waste time with something that doesn't work. Anyway thanks for the advice but could you elaborate on precision.

Precision means you need to be clear and in control (of body, speech and mind) at all times.

If you want to slay a dragon, you need to know everything there is to know, firstly, of the dragon, and then of your own limitations as well as strengths. You want to go into the fight with as much advantage as possible, and in order to gain that advantage, precision is needed. Its a quality of warriorship. Great power alone does not complete a warrior's make-up. Great self-knowledge comes before great power is achieved. This is to avoid being blinded by sheer power alone.

• Like 1

Here's a good one, and also one of the things which builds the most power quickly. There are a series of them by him from what I recall.

Okay thanks, I actually used to do some qigong taichi exercises which are great for health, but I don't think that they

Emptying the mind is a good starting point, as an empty mind will make working with energy much easier, but in itself it generally isn't enough to develop any kind of power or expanded consciousness.

What specific type of meditation do you suggest?

Wow I must not be able to type, I keep on making mistakes lol.

Edited by Torus

OK how long did you stick to each thing for? Did you practice daily, how long per day?

PS we aren't going for McPower here, doesn't work that way.

• Like 2

Please do not depend on youtube videos if you are serious about gaining tangible powers.

Assuming you are just the average person (i am) i'd say you would need to be prepared to train for many years before even moving from the basic position.

I'd recommend to begin by training your mind first. A stable, joyful mind will engender many wonderful opportunities for real, helpful powers to manifest.

Haha I need something physical to supplement mental training but I understand. When you say mind training, what do you mean specifically.

Precision means you need to be clear and in control (of body, speech and mind) at all times.

If you want to slay a dragon, you need to know everything there is to know, firstly, of the dragon, and then of your own limitations as well as strengths. You want to go into the fight with as much advantage as possible, and in order to gain that advantage, precision is needed. Its a quality of warriorship. Great power alone does not complete a warrior's make-up. Great self-knowledge comes before great power is achieved. This is to avoid being blinded by sheer power alone.

I understand/like this. Don't worry, I don't intend to be able to KAMEHAMEHA things and have unlimited power. I do however, wish to master myself, expand consciousness, see the truth of things, be happy, and help others.

• Like 1

What specific type of meditation do you suggest?

necessarily give one power.

What power do you want? The system which would be best for allowing you to heal isn't the same system as would be best for allowing you to practice astral projection, or to have martial power.

That's the point I was making in my first post. You're never going to achieve anything if you can't first decide exactly what it is you want to achieve.

I do however, wish to master myself, expand consciousness, see the truth of things, be happy, and help others.

Your Zen meditation is a great tool then.

I'm curious to see what actually works for people.

Once there was a student that wanted such powers. He asked his master about it and his master told him to take a running jump into the river.

So he did.

And he floated downstream, got into trouble with a rapid and a waterfall and a snapping turtle and ended up in bad state. He was pulled out by a fisherman who asked him what happened. The student told him and fisherman assuming the student quiet mad gave him shelter ... and some employment, and eventually he too became a fisherman.

Then one day the master appeared to him in a vision and told him to take fish to the market and look for the broken wheel. So he did, and saw a wagon there with a broken wheel. He helped the owner fix it and they sold their produce together and made friends and soon were working and travelling together.

And so on .... through various seemingly mundane but different experiences. Gradually the student began to exhibit powers and heal people. He became renown for it and famous and eventually became a saint and the head of a Sufi Order.

This story got out but people didnt like it, so they changed it and made it supernatural and fantasmagorical and full of all sorts of strange practices and meditations. The story above is the (now a ) Master's own account of how he got his powers ... but people prefer their account better.

• Like 5

OK how long did you stick to each thing for? Did you practice daily, how long per day?

PS we aren't going for McPower here, doesn't work that way.

The qigong exercises I did for about a month because I'm busy with school, clubs, etc. I recently found out about meditation some time last year or maybe in 2012. Anyways, when I began I meditated on and off but for the past month, I have and will continue to meditate at least once per day. Although, this is zen meditation and just emptying the mind and no breath. My meditation typically lasts for 10mins to 30mins if I'm lucky enough to go deep into meditation, then I sort of loose track of time. I *meditate* two times a day.

Edited by Torus
  • Like 3