Songtsan

What to do about Djinn...

I have yet to see anything online (accept for one discussion group) about the Djinn which isn't BS.

Have these folks actually ever been properly taught in these traditions? No; they are just pulling ideas out of their behinds. Have they ever worked with the Djinn? No.

Supposedly, the most extensive information on the Djinn is in the Koran.

What are labels anyways...I could call them spirits, leprechauns, or whatever...

That one site on Djinn claims that they are behind most if not all spiritual manifestations, if not UFOs and other things.

I honestly don't know for sure, but its a good working hypothesis for now.

• Like 2

It's OK CT, Nungali's posting glitches are just contagious is all ;).

a real gin he is. :D

• Like 1

definitely? you seem convinced beyond a doubt.

I am mostly convinced - which makes this my dominant working theory...I do not have enough energy at this time to write a term paper on it, but I have been studying it for years as I said...I won't be trying to proselytize anyone to my beliefs however.

• Like 1

Supposedly, the most extensive information on the Djinn is in the Koran.

What are labels anyways...I could call them spirits, leprechauns, or whatever...

That one site on Djinn claims that they are behind most if not all spiritual manifestations, if not UFOs and other things.

I personally wouldn't trust a site on the internet about these spirits..... especially one linking them to UFO stuff ;). Though if you searched you could likely find a teacher in such things... or who teaches about the critters local to you.

Actually a competent qigong teacher would rock for helping you get rid of such things... more than anything else IMO.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

@ Songtsan.

if you are serious about a solution, dont you think its better not to mix and match just to try and find a fit to your 'hypothesis'?

i agree with BKA that there's definitely a divide between the 2, namely the djinn and kundalini.

• Like 1

SOOOOO like Harpur's opinion (and his is well backed up with examples and research from variant time and cultures)

labels are tags that give relevant cultural interpretation (or confusion)

right! I amm off to give my computer an electronic enema . :wacko:

• Like 1

I am mostly convinced - which makes this my dominant working theory...I do not have enough energy at this time to write a term paper on it, but I have been studying it for years as I said...I won't be trying to proselytize anyone to my beliefs however.

How does one differentiate Djinn helping out (or perhaps doing the opposite) related to kundalini, and kundalini sickness or qi deviation?

Also which Deities do you feel are in charge of the whole kundalini thing? :)

This guy also has the same idea, but he is Muslim: http://www.dangerofchi.org/

I have also been studying Qigong Deviation Syndrome, and I see lots of reports of individuals having energetic disturbances and suddenly being inundated by spirits.

There has also been alot of cultural borrowing between Islam and Hindu/Vedic cultures over the years so it wouldn't surprise me if they both experienced the same things, yet simply named it something different.

I know this for certain - whatever these spirits are, they are responsible for any spontaneous movements of 'other' intelligence in me (vs. natural kriyas). So it is highly likely, especially since the Jinn can create various energy sensations in the energy body, that what some call Kundalini arising is these guys, and what some might think is spirit possession is Kundalini arising - if these are in fact two separate things.

• Like 1

i am no expert in this, but i did begin to take an interest in such studies since i was 14. Peaked for a while, then i went back to practicing Buddhism full time. So, i am sincerely trying to fit the pieces and make sense of it.

• Like 1

SOOOOO like Harpur's opinion (and his is well backed up with examples and research from variant time and cultures)

labels are tags that give relevant cultural interpretation (or confusion)

right! I amm off to give my computer an electronic enema . :wacko:

I think the real problem with your computer Nungali is that it is infected by jinn... no wait, hobgoblin... eh crap, forgot what those are called.

Or perhaps this is more in line with your tech issues? http://www.tomsguide.com/us/evil-spirits-possess-computer-possession,news-8897.html

@ Songtsan.

if you are serious about a solution, dont you think its better not to mix and match just to try and find a fit to your 'hypothesis'?

i agree with BKA that there's definitely a divide between the 2, namely the djinn and kundalini.

I am following many pathways and finding the similarities between them all has proven fruitful. I have tried to be exorcised three times - once by a practitioner of Shamanism, once by a native american spiritual healer, and once by a Christian...

All scientists will eventually try to fit things into their hypothesis, thats the nature of the beast. I cannot ignore that which makes extreme rational sense to me.

I am certainly willing to explore other options however.

My mind is not closed, yet it is not so malleable that I will immediately drop my beliefs because others disagree with me. I will tell you this - instead of trying to fight me in my belief, try to convince me of your belief - sans aspects which are anti my belief...

• Like 1

I grew up with these things. Djinns, poltergeists, angry spirits etc. are normal conversational pieces in Malaysia.

Bomohs apparently keep djinns to help them with 'the dirty laundry'.

They can, for a price, be loaned to someone for selfish gains, like helping to spy on opponents' cards in poker, for example.
(im serious - gambling is a serious business over there - both legal and illegal).

They also can be mischievous, and need to be fed constantly or else they can run off and disappear for days, until they get bored or hungry.

Apparently they are quite harmless, but there are ones whose specific nature is to create havoc and great suffering.

The Chinese shamans who work for monetary gains have even more fearsome 'things' at their disposal. No point dragging that in here as its irrelevant.

I cant recall having once heard anyone mention a connection between djinns and kundalini. now maybe you get a clearer understanding why i said this.

• Like 2

This guy also has the same idea, but he is Muslim: http://www.dangerofchi.org/

I have also been studying Qigong Deviation Syndrome, and I see lots of reports of individuals having energetic disturbances and suddenly being inundated by spirits.

There has also been alot of cultural borrowing between Islam and Hindu/Vedic cultures over the years so it wouldn't surprise me if they both experienced the same things, yet simply named it something different.

I know this for certain - whatever these spirits are, they are responsible for any spontaneous movements of 'other' intelligence in me (vs. natural kriyas). So it is highly likely, especially since the Jinn can create various energy sensations in the energy body, that what some call Kundalini arising is these guys, and what some might think is spirit possession is Kundalini arising - if these are in fact two separate things.

Yeah, energetic disturbances can open a person right up, to many things, unfortunately.

Also though sometimes such energetic disturbances will make a person feel like there are entities around when there are not. Though fixing the energy back up and closing such openings back down would solve either, fortunately. I figure to be able to tell, qigong master or teacher of energetics would guide the person.

It's a luck of the draw sort of thing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I would be wary of any energetic state that some random entity, I did not already work with, and know and trust through past experience, initiated, I would not feel comfortable with. There are far too many out there which are just not healthy for us.

Good point on the possibility of similar spirits in the two areas.

Do you think there are some in charge of kundalini stuff? Or more like "hey free lunch, woot!" sort of thing?

I feel they are completely different from the various kundalini affects.

I'm curious now, how does your tradition work to get rid of spirits within a person? Usually extraneous spirits within someone is not a good thing, as they can weaken the health and so forth.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I am following many pathways and finding the similarities between them all has proven fruitful. I have tried to be exorcised three times - once by a practitioner of Shamanism, once by a native american spiritual healer, and once by a Christian...

All scientists will eventually try to fit things into their hypothesis, thats the nature of the beast. I cannot ignore that which makes extreme rational sense to me.

I am certainly willing to explore other options however.

My mind is not closed, yet it is not so malleable that I will immediately drop my beliefs because others disagree with me. I will tell you this - instead of trying to fight me in my belief, try to convince me of your belief - sans aspects which are anti my belief...

if my recollection is right, didn't you say you have yet to try exorcism, and that you would in due time?

maybe its someone else, not sure.

I'm curious now... how do these critters (the ones inside you Songtsan, differ from the Po?

I've only started learning about the po very very recently and I still don't get it, at all really...

Also from what I understand there is the Po (as in one aspect or whatever) and the Po plural, as in many of them.

So confusing... yes I know I'm going a bit off topic, but I'd be interested to hear what folks have to say about comparisons.

Also do the po reside within us / are part of us, only?

How does one differentiate Djinn helping out (or perhaps doing the opposite) related to kundalini, and kundalini sickness or qi deviation?

Also which Deities do you feel are in charge of the whole kundalini thing? :)

I honestly think that they will project themselves as any deity you think they are...they don't seem to adhere to any particular name. One thing I have seen is that they watch the subconscious of the person they are connected to and become an expression of that persons belief system, imagination, or desires.

So they do help out - in meditation, in writing, in many things - especially with states of being, attainment states, etc. and the intent is in the result as far as I am concerned.

• Like 3

if my recollection is right, didn't you say you have yet to try exorcism, and that you would in due time?

maybe its someone else, not sure.

I said I had not tried a 'true exorcist' as of yet - the people who tried were in no way professionals...

My event felt like kundalini arising.

There were times immediately thereafter when my body was taken over with my consciousness sort of co present.

I did strange things.

I think I worked powerful magicks, or rather powerful magicks were worked through me by entity/entities unknown.

I meditated long and hard about the nature of discarnate entities.

I mean, I did meet one, after all.

A blazing golden head with flowing wing like streamers of gold from its temples.

Golden winged helmet.

Visited me.

Again.

After all these years.

Oh god im off make me stop..

Damn, I shouldn't be saying this.

But mr songstan sir, you are an interesting character.

Emanationism be not risible.

Now The Spirit cometh visible!

I think I have a lowly consciousness here which doesn't understand much.

I suspect higher forces are at work.

No, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

It's most strange, isn't it?

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

I'm curious now... how do these critters (the ones inside you Songtsan, differ from the Po?

I've only started learning about the po very very recently and I still don't get it, at all really...

Also from what I understand there is the Po (as in one aspect or whatever) and the Po plural, as in many of them.

So confusing... yes I know I'm going a bit off topic, but I'd be interested to hear what folks have to say about comparisons.

Also do the po reside within us / are part of us, only?

I have no experience with the Po...

It would make sense that all these things that are similar and experienced in different cultures would have common roots - or at least that there wasn't quite so many different types. At least some of the different types between systems/cultures must be the three blind men describing an elephant.

As far as Kundalini - maybe I never experienced classical kundalini, maybe the entrance of these types of entities can merely resemble kundalini awakening. See my old posts on Kundalini if you want some more info on that

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30824-kundalini/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30150-what-to-do-when-the-dark-night-of-the-soul-hits/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30167-shaktichienergy-becomes-what-you-want-it-to-become/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/29788-on-kundalini-and-thought-constructs/

I cant recall having once heard anyone mention a connection between djinns and kundalini. now maybe you get a clearer understanding why i said this.

They are often mentioned together, as a google search will turn up...but it be that they simply masquerade as various spiritual experiences, as they have much ability to create effects in the bodymindheart.

Here is another interesting site: http://www.djinnuniverse.com/faqs-about-the-djinn

Herald's gotta herald.

See, I'm getting the urge to post strange stuff now.

It's your fault mr songstan sir.

Its the Djinn's fault!