4bsolute

The Importance of 'not seeking' - Or "How do we actually get something?"

If we seek, we find.

Is that so?

Or is it possible one of the greatest misconceptions of our age?

If we follow the notion of already being complete, which might some of you have already perceived in an experience in deeper states of consciousness..

..how can we then become something or get something?

We desire it. Desire is, regardless of certain religious believes of telling the masses that you should put away desires, the driving force of creation. Basicly the fire that fuels the energetic engine. Source desired to perceive itself, that is why this is all here.

Becoming slash evolving means an endless cycle of not-being. Not being complete. But the only 'thing' you are is simply being. Experiencing, living. In all it's sheer endless facettes.

That entity, that nameless All-is-ness has the purest vibration and provides us with all we need. But how can we communicate with it when we are not it? How can 'it' understand us if we are so far from it by seeking something?

Seeking means that we do not have. Our physical existance here gives us the illusion of a delay, of not immediatelly having. This is part of learning who we are. By "not" being exactly what we are, finding who we are, is one of many major lessons here.

Everything is energy, everything vibrates. If we truly understand the concept of the ocean related to the entire Universe back to our Source.. then how can we ever 'waste' any more second in seeking? Staying in that seeking-space and not pushing ourselves forward.

The unique vibration of seeking itself has the quality, the intention of not having. Source hears: Not having. Source gives us, not having.

Source is non-dual. We are dual. We seek in order to find, but never find. Because our Source, which delivers us anything we want in order to experience it, does not know duality.

So how can we approach it in a dualistic attempt and believe we get what we demand?

What a foolish and childish approach :)

Every day we must incorporate more of the idea in our very being, that in order to get what we want, we must already have it. The idea must become a believe, must become a knowing.

My only question here is... how is it possible to be already what we want?

I am not speaking of ideas like "but then why do we want it anyway if we already have / are it?" that is out of question. Because it's all about the experience with that thing related to everything around it.

I am speaking of.. how do we create this state of having? Do we imagine it? Do we attempt to feel it, how is it like? Is this our true- or parts of our true way of creating?

If so how should we name it? Sensing?

Does this have anything to do with the Hindu way of creating.. I forgot the name of it.. where you combine all forms of your being, all your bodies.. mental, corporal, emotional etc to create?

Can you help?

Edit: We can see seeking as the desire, finding as the intention and having (finding 2.0) as the ultimate approach to manifest.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

[This post is specifically about enlightenment - other things we can stop seeking right now]

The thing is, we must be pragmatic.

The relation between Buddha-nature and our nature is like iron ore. The iron ore doesn't have to be changed in nature to be iron - it only needs the slag removed. In that sense, iron ore is fundamentally iron. But we don't build bridges out of iron ore!

If we have a lasting unmediated realisation of Buddha-nature, resting in that is enough to complete the unraveling. However, we must follow some sort of dualistic path with dualistic goals to reach that point, otherwise we are sitting around saying 'I am a Buddha already!' and it is empty talk.

If we try to just rest now, we are staring at iron ore and waiting for the iron to pop out. We get in a catch-22 mindgame of trying to be nondual by being averse to duality, which is just another dualistic attitude.

So, I say that for now we should work on virtue, samadhi and insight. When we are truly ready to not seek, there will be no sense of distinction between seeking and not seeking. It just is. That level of 'practice' will arise organically at the right time, so if we try to do it we are just kidding ourselves.

My 2 cents. :)

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 3

Seeking seems to me a wedge,

shaped by illusion that there is some separate I from the object sought.

Decades of seeking...

Now, I breathe...

being.

• Like 1

Seeking implies that you lack..

What you already have to begin with

So don't seek...

Simply stop hiding

And you will find

All that you already are!

:)

Edited by vortex
  • Like 3

4bsolute,

You said "how do we create this having, do we imagine it, do we attempt to feel it?"

It helps me to approach it by contemplating my true nature. It comes down to you SEE yourself.

In other words, do you see your true nature, or do you see lack and imperfection?

The following things are true of everyone, in my opinion, and this is how we should see ourselves and think of ourselves. Then we WILL "feel" the truth about ourselves.

-We are eternally perfect.

-We are infinitely beautiful.

-We are very great.

-We are guilty of nothing.

-We are wholly good.

-We are totally lovable.

-We are entirely worthy.

-We are divine and holy.

-We are wonderful, glorious beings.

I feel that if we can begin to see ourselves and others in these ways, we will know our own divine nature EXPERIENTIALLY.

Think of yourself as a beautiful, glorious, wonderful, and perfect being. This is what everyone longs for, and I think it can be as easy as choosing this perspective.

[This post is specifically about enlightenment - other things we can stop seeking right now]

The thing is, we must be pragmatic.

The relation between Buddha-nature and our nature is like iron ore. The iron ore doesn't have to be changed in nature to be iron - it only needs the slag removed. In that sense, iron ore is fundamentally iron. But we don't build bridges out of iron ore!

If we have a lasting unmediated realisation of Buddha-nature, resting in that is enough to complete the unraveling. However, we must follow some sort of dualistic path with dualistic goals to reach that point, otherwise we are sitting around saying 'I am a Buddha already!' and it is empty talk.

If we try to just rest now, we are staring at iron ore and waiting for the iron to pop out. We get in a catch-22 mindgame of trying to be nondual by being averse to duality, which is just another dualistic attitude.

So, I say that for now we should work on virtue, samadhi and insight. When we are truly ready to not seek, there will be no sense of distinction between seeking and not seeking. It just is. That level of 'practice' will arise organically at the right time, so if we try to do it we are just kidding ourselves.

My 2 cents. :)

Wu wei, essentially. No practitioneer of mindfulness in what we would define as wu wei is doing nothing. Totally the opposite :) I get your point.

4bsolute,

You said "how do we create this having, do we imagine it, do we attempt to feel it?"

It helps me to approach it by contemplating my true nature. It comes down to you SEE yourself.

In other words, do you see your true nature, or do you see lack and imperfection?

The following things are true of everyone, in my opinion, and this is how we should see ourselves and think of ourselves. Then we WILL "feel" the truth about ourselves.

-We are eternally perfect.

-We are infinitely beautiful.

-We are very great.

-We are guilty of nothing.

-We are wholly good.

-We are totally lovable.

-We are entirely worthy.

-We are divine and holy.

-We are wonderful, glorious beings.

I feel that if we can begin to see ourselves and others in these ways, we will know our own divine nature EXPERIENTIALLY.

Think of yourself as a beautiful, glorious, wonderful, and perfect being. This is what everyone longs for, and I think it can be as easy as choosing this perspective.

This is good. I personally see an everchanging entity learning non-stop. What I hear from others constantly is that I am something better although I tell them that I am not. I dont even change my words so thoughts could come up in that direction. Maybe it's something unconscious in my auric field still. I get told that I am less, every fifth day but decreasingly. But since I have had a very deep meditation in early 2012 all of this does not concern me any tiny bit. My oceon does not ripple in that sense anymore. Thankfully.

It is exactly what you say and to me that does not diminish learning in any way. It just stops the endless seeking and finally gives freedom for experience. Endless experience and learning from it.

This is the Basis, the mental and emotional fundament on what soil our soul can truely grow. Rapidly. Energetically.

The yearning to seek comes from somewhere, but to seek is like following the call outwards where it is travelling rather than turning around and tracking back where it comes from. If you hear crying or some sort of alarm you will sense something needs attention, but if you follow the sound where it is travelling outwards you will spend eternity trying to find and satisfy the cause of it, but if you turn around and look at where it is coming from you can track it back to its source.

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 1

This is key:

We desire it. Desire is, regardless of certain religious believes of telling the masses that you should put away desires, the driving force of creation.

I say simplify this to We desire as it is the driving force of creation. Forget religion, it's the first bit of slag to discard.

The OP states essentially, "Not seeking yet getting" …ain't gonna happen. Even in supreme perfect sudden realization, nothing is acquired. So what have you gotten? Even in getting, one neither rejects nor acquires. This is selfless adaption. So in accepting, you do not construe, and you do not start anything yourself, either.

Getting back to the driving force of creation: in order to transcend creation effectively while in its midst it is necessary to follow desire without stepping over the line. Buddha nature has never been realized outside of one's own mind— it is one's own mind. We follow desire to penetrate the course of Suchness; complete reality neither ordinary or holy— this is neither absolute nor temporal.

This is one's arrival within enlightening function.

Real desire without yet attaching craving is simply recognizing an inherent potential: your own impersonal inherent potential within any given situation. Following this without activating speculative attachment to outcomes is "not stepping over the line". Following desires (aversions too), we gradually introduce guidance by the application of wisdom at critical junctures according to the timing of the inherent potential of events themselves by virtue of non-attachment to outcomes.

Enlightening practice does not renounce the driving force of creation. What other creation would there be? Suchness is not apart from this driving force as there is no other mind. Not beyond polluted or pristine [mind], the driving force is itself impersonal incipience upwelling immaterial selfless potential.

Unrefined potential is recognized as unrefined elixir by immortalists who are such by virtue of their ability to see it. Passivity is inadequate for the task of refining the elixir of immortality (freeing potential from the matrix of creative evolution (karma). Renunciation is not even in the game (not that some people shouldn't go through such temporary expedients to counter the psychological momentum of viscous karmic energy).

Take it away, Jetsun!! ~oop! he cut in before i posted!! heehee!!❤

ed note: add "either" to end of 2nd paragraph, correct syntax in last paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

This is key:

I say simplify this to We desire as it is the driving force of creation. Forget religion, it's the first bit of slag to discard.

The OP states essentially, "Not seeking yet getting" …ain't gonna happen. Even in supreme perfect sudden realization, nothing is acquired. So what have you gotten? Even in getting, one neither rejects nor acquires. This is selfless adaption. So in accepting, you do not construe, and you do not start anything yourself, either.

Getting back to the driving force of creation: in order to transcend creation effectively while in its midst it is necessary to follow desire without stepping over the line. Buddha nature has never been realized outside of one's own mind— it is one's own mind. We follow desire to penetrate the course of Suchness; complete reality neither ordinary or holy— this is neither absolute nor temporal.

This is one's arrival within enlightening function.

Real desire without yet attaching craving is simply recognizing an inherent potential: your own impersonal inherent potential within any given situation. Following this without activating speculative attachment to outcomes is "not stepping over the line". Following desires (aversions too), we gradually introduce guidance by the application of wisdom at critical junctures according to the timing of the inherent potential of events themselves by virtue of non-attachment to outcomes.

Enlightening practice does not renounce the driving force of creation. What other creation would there be? Suchness is not apart from this driving force as there is no other mind. Not beyond polluted or pristine [mind], the driving force is itself impersonal incipience upwelling immaterial selfless potential.

Unrefined potential is recognized as unrefined elixir by immortalists who are such by virtue of their ability to see it. Passivity is inadequate for the task of refining the elixir of immortality (freeing potential from the matrix of creative evolution (karma). Renunciation is not even in the game (not that some people shouldn't go through such temporary expedients to counter the psychological momentum of viscous karmic energy).

Take it away, Jetsun!! ~oop! he cut in before i posted!! heehee!!❤

ed note: add "either" to end of 2nd paragraph, correct syntax in last paragraph

For now, I see the capacity and processing-power of my mind below 'this' one of yours *curtsey* I have to digest this when my mind is more clear than atm. What a sledgehammer of insight.

Be right back in the blink of an eye..!

Oh thank you ♥

Edited by 4bsolute

Source desired to perceive itself, that is why this is all here.

. . .

Source is non-dual. We are dual. We seek in order to find, but never find. Because our Source, which delivers us anything we want in order to experience it, does not know duality.

I am not sure I agree with this...

if the Source is non-dual there is no desire or perceiving by the source.

It just is Unity,

not what we become, trapped in dualistic thinking.

The only way I can reconcile it is to think in terms of pre-heaven (Unity) and post-heaven (Dualism)... but seems I'm just treating it dualistically in the end. Maybe Hoisted by my own Petard...

Thoughts anyone?

Source doesn't even know nonduality. It simply is without partner or beginning aware. This is your mind right now. It is not some other mind that you discover some day. Someday you discover your own mind presently as is, no different than reality.

In this context, the only way I picture Source is Unity unborn unknowing awareness itself selfless in perpetuity. We are no different, not only in essence, but in enlightening function because only in selfless unified awareness (our own mind freed of self-conscious habit energy) do we adapt to conditions without admitting our own power. This is desireless action, which is spiritual because it is derived and carried out through the nonpsychological capacity of awareness.

The Yin Convergence Classic says that "People don't know the nonpsychological is spiritual".

To say it is selfless would be redundant as the nonpsychological has no energy of self-reification. Enlightening being is just resting in the nonpsychological as opposed to the psychological mentality. These are different transformations of enlightened mind.

It really comes down to having given up striving for complacent speculative outcomes in our ordinary affairs. Once we give up privateering, there is nothing else to do but adapt to present conditions spontaneously (in my experience). It is not possible to really do NOTHING at all unless you're already dead.

ed note: add last line of 1st paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1