Rara

Turning vegetarian - need advice

Why not just do smoothies with various plant proteins? Pea, hemp, nuts, etc...

Edited by Songtsan

Although is there a plant equivalent to fish oil? Fish oil helps me so much, I don't know if I could give it up. As long as things are free range (or free swim), and they are doing the same as me, eating other life, where is the harm? I ate a spider the other day, on purpose, because it was crawling around on my bed. I was thinking, 'you are probably just going to bite me aren't you?' So I decided that instead of him making me a part of him, I would just make him a part of me. He still lives, as part of the collective known as Songtsan.

I think this is important so i repeat.

No matter what your diet --- moderation is key

It is what you don't put in your body that keeps you healthy

Did you read the book - do you know for a fact that it's not a valid review?

If i were to read the book the only reason would be to see what she 'says' she ate while being vegan to see where she went wrong - there always is a chance she ate well and her body just couldn't adapt.

The attitude - this didn't work for me and therefore it is no good for everyone. I must tell everyone is a born again attitude = religion.

As to the ideas she presents I have no interest - whatever her ideas the opposite will be presented somewhere else.

I'm sure some of the ideas she presents are true - she can't be 100% off.

This is not a matter of intellectual argument for me

No, I plan to out of curiosity. What I meant was, it's not like a vegan website will give it 10/10 is it? They've reviewed it with a purpose to bash it.

However, yes, I'm not bold enough to argue that it cannot work for everyone. For me, my life choice as a travelling musician and event worker means I cannot always prepare food well and on the road, I loaded up with junk because veg options are limited. My girlfriend is still vegetarian and that's fine. Ideally, I wouln't like to eat an animal. I also don't like payimg taxes but some things just have to be done.

Why not just do smoothies with various plant proteins? Pea, hemp, nuts, etc...

I swear, I have gone the distance to extract as much protein and omega 3 out of everything I can. To the point where linseed and chia seed are still a staple in my breakfasts and I have a mushroom and chick pea addiction. But still not enough protein and brain fuel imo...not for my level of activity.

I ate a spider the other day, on purpose, because it was crawling around on my bed. I was thinking, 'you are probably just going to bite me aren't you?' So I decided that instead of him making me a part of him, I would just make him a part of me. He still lives, as part of the collective known as Songtsan.

Lol...whatever works for you.

Did you read the book - do you know for a fact that it's not a valid review?

I read the book.  The review is not a review but part of a smear campaign.  And overwhelmingly real reviews by actual readers are raves -- look it up on Amazon. 

If you read the book, you would know why Lierre Keith earned the honor of being smeared with rabbit shit.  She steps on so many toes on every page -- not just vegetarian, sheeple toes, predatory capitalism's toes, you name it, she got their number.   The complacent and the deranged will be equally disturbed -- and the former will promptly retreat into denial, away from the disturbance, while the latter will attack most viciously.

For shame. 

Edited by Taomeow

This Japanese beauty does not look unhealthy to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24vl0-OzMw

When you are young you can get away with a lot - there are always exceptions

She might live to be 200 and die while running a marathon - does that mean we should all eat the way she does?

No need to push your agenda so hard

Personally i am not interested in converting anyone

When you are young you can get away with a lot - there are always exceptions

She might live to be 200 and die while running a marathon - does that mean we should all eat the way she does?

No need to push your agenda so hard

Personally i am not interested in converting anyone

The only "agenda" I may be "pushing so hard" is for you who didn't read a book I recommended (and not to you, to someone interested and already "pushed" by the propeller of his own experience without my assistance or hindrance) to stop badmouthing the book and the author at least until you read the book.  I will keep "pushing this agenda" until you repent or until I drop the conversation for lack of desire to validate this kind of ridiculousness with any further exchanges.  

Oh, and the Japanese woman's eating style is not an "agenda" either.  More like comic relief, it was intended.  Too bad it didn't work.    

Edited by Taomeow

Oh, and the Japanese woman's eating style is not an "agenda" either.  More like comic relief, it was intended.  Too bad it didn't work.    

That is the problem with internet - it is not always easy to understand what people are really saying.

Can't hear voice inflection, can't see/read facial expression

and so there are many disagreements when in person there would be none

So yes it is funny when one understands it was meant to be funny

• Like 2

So it finally happened...

I'm currently working at a scare attraction on a farm and I have been touched by how happy the animals are there. We have been channeling and the other night when I got in, I was eating steak and I just felt so wrong. What a hypocrite I was to "love" all these beings and then I'm eating their brothers and sisters, just because I was justifying the food chain to myself.

So, I'm quitting the meat, which has been a "daily necessity" for me for the past 25 years of existence (not counting year 1 when I must have spent most of my time with milk)

Now, I know that I'm going to have to take a shock to my system while my body goes through a transformation. I admit that I'm a bit scared as I'm so used to having meat protein to fuel my active life and martial arts. I don't really want to eat all that meat substitute crap and I'm concerned that I might be missing something vital in my diet.

Also, I have such a good relationship with my local butcher. What happens when I inevitably pass his shop one day, months after not going to him? Shall I just be straight with him and not care about being judged?

I currently have meat in my fridge and freezer but once that's gone, that's it for me. So just looking to get some safe diet advice before I take the leap...

Thanks in advance for reading and any help you can provide.

I tried becoming a vegetarian in the past and I reverted back after a few months of that. This time I'm more careful and I've become an ovo-pescatarian. But my stopping eating meat is a result of my meeting my teacher. First time he initiated me, I spent a good 10 days or so in a daze...with recurring sudden meditations and absolute peace and love for the entire universe. I lost all interest in eating meat, drinking alcohol etc.  

While the euphoria is now gone, I realized that I DO feel very strongly the pain of the animals that have been killed (during those 10 days, the very sight of meat would make me want to gag). It is a love based decision rather than one motivated by health concerns.  I think in retrospect, meditating on the pain of the animals being slaughtered will help making the vegetarian choice a more long term one.

• Like 1

I tried becoming a vegetarian in the past and I reverted back after a few months of that. This time I'm more careful and I've become an ovo-pescatarian. But my stopping eating meat is a result of my meeting my teacher. First time he initiated me, I spent a good 10 days or so in a daze...with recurring sudden meditations and absolute peace and love for the entire universe. I lost all interest in eating meat, drinking alcohol etc.  

While the euphoria is now gone, I realized that I DO feel very strongly the pain of the animals that have been killed (during those 10 days, the very sight of meat would make me want to gag). It is a love based decision rather than one motivated by health concerns.  I think in retrospect, meditating on the pain of the animals being slaughtered will help making the vegetarian choice a more long term one.

I personally would not meditate on pain.

It is more "being aware" of or realizing

:)

• Like 1

While the euphoria is now gone, I realized that I DO feel very strongly the pain of the animals that have been killed (during those 10 days, the very sight of meat would make me want to gag). It is a love based decision rather than one motivated by health concerns. I think in retrospect, meditating on the pain of the animals being slaughtered will help making the vegetarian choice a more long term one.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like the fact that they go through pain and die. But at the moment, I accept it as a way of nature...food chain and all that.

It was that feeling I got when I turned originally, and last time as well.

The animals are like brothers and sisters to me, how can I eat them? I just started feeling really crappy.

I went back to meat gently last Monday and today, I feel stronger than I have since about late February.

They dont die, they become assimilated into the Borg! Higher consciousness beings eat lower consciousness beings, inviting them to become part of the collective and go on new adventures! When your consciousness is unified, all the cells/beings in your body become one Holos-Being....

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

so you're part spider now...creepy  :D

I'm a lifetime vegetarian, was raised that way and my mother had been a vegetarian for over 20 years when I was born. My body is not able to digest red meat, i did try...

Seems to me that the human body is clearly omnivoric, so i deem a spider or a frog once a week  healthy. But for now I'll stay vegetarian. It just has a lot of 'sides', ways to look at, and also different bodies, different countries with different available foods.

I remember my son when he was very young, because i think it's not natural not in general healthy to eat vegetarian he could choose what he wanted to eat. His dad did eat meat. When he was just about 3 years old  he told us. I will not eat that, i will not eat dead animals, that is wrong.

so, he's vegetarian also... :D

• Like 2

I have always feared spiders more than just about anything else....so by eating the things you fear, the poison they represent in your mind, you become transcendent.....going to make a nice Rattlesnake and Spider Soup one of these days....just need to go find me a Rattlesnake. I'm part Mohawk, which means 'Man Eater' (Mo- Eat, Hawk-Man), and we ate the flesh of our enemies, to become what we feared and beyond...

Edited by Songtsan

So...on the road tonight, needed food desparately...

I caved. Went for my first red meat in months and ended up being McDonalds. Choices were very limited!

FFS

I'm currently typing this on the toilet. Went twice in ten minutes before the gig as well.

FFS.

Edited by Rara

Don't hate yourself over it! Don't be picky about forms! The function is inherent. Food is energy. Transmute that 'lead' to gold! We can eat garbage and become immortal, if we realize that God is in all things. Your beliefs spin the matrix into good/bad forms...I'm in a Sufi mood today...back to my roots in all-seeing freedom of everything having already been done. Born pure, always pure underneath, no one is not divine. Be a child of illusion and feel the bliss that is always there behind Maya's veil...

• Like 1

Transmute that 'lead' to gold! We can eat garbage and become immortal, if we realize that God is in all things. Your beliefs spin the matrix into good/bad forms...

This is exactly the way I should be thinking. Perhaps it was the combination of my attitude and the food that made me sick, not just the food.

I must admit, I was overthinking it...

"Should I just go to McDonalds? What about only putting good quality into my body? But there really is nothing else around and I don't wanna go hungry."

*Eats burger*

"That was shit. Tasted horrible too, I feel so bad for eating that. All that time away from meat and now I do this? Good move fool"

That was my thought process last night. Thirty minutes later, my stomach was in pain.

Had the pains this morning too. Ok, time to transmutate!

• Like 1

I personally would not meditate on pain.

It is more "being aware" of or realizing

:)

Yes that is a much better expression of what I was meaning to say :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the flip side is also true...if enough people still believe something, then it affects your world view, unless you can end mind fabrications..so, while your own belief has power, others do too...you must right the herd mentality within you before you can eat poison and transmute it

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1