ChiForce

Burning up karmas...

How does one burn up Karmas, especially, the karmas you have absorbed from others? My life is not short of personal sadness but that's pretty much dealt with. However, it seems that my mind is occupied by events took placed some 10 years ago. Mostly about a dead end job I had for 8 years. When I left and I thought I had friends but....even my so-called mentor just disappeared. Before that, I was in college earning a stupid degree in a college environment which was not conductive to my spiritual path. It was a waste. I kept telling myself these events do not matter. Yet, I dream about them often enough. My old workplace which no longer existed. My old college in which I felt lost, in the dream. I know they are impermanent but my mind didn't think so. :)

Oh, before that, my past life karma and past life memories emerged. Ironically, I have that resolved very well. So, now, in the morning when my chi energy is flooding my brain, I could either start to mediate and completing the MCO within 15 minutes. Or I could fall back to sleep and to experience some of the most anxious dreams. They are often time about me fighting something. Trying to make my point across in a situation. Or I had to make some important decision.

At times I feel like going back to these places and to tell them how worthless they are. How inconsequential they are in the whole world scheme of thing. I felt like they were holding me back because they were not exceptional in what they do. Ah....:)

One thing that can help move forward is distracting your attention away from these intrusive thoughts when they're happening. Focus on your senses in the real world instead of the mind (this is a basic level of meditation, called "calm abiding with impure external support"). For instance, make yourself a cup of tea...sit in silence and just smell it, taste it. Or sit out in nature and just observe everything that's happening around you...the leaves rustling, the birds flying, etc. These are examples of ways to distract yourself from the mind, and I've gotten excellent results from this type of method.

Another way that people do this is EFT.

Or people go out and party hard, which is kind of unhealthy. Or they watch movies and get absorbed in the story, and for a while forget all about life's problems.

Distraction is not repression. Repression is the natural response to painful memories and feelings, and the aversion you feel to reliving the past. Repression is not good, and only leads to stuffing these memories and feelings further down, only to resurface later on. Do not repress, or attempt to escape or cheat your way out of bad karma.

Distraction on the other hand will release the stuck energy. But it takes a dedicated effort to spend time periods each day actively practicing it.

When you're having bad dreams, just let it happen. Know that it has to happen...dreaming is the way that we integrate our experiences. Allow yourself to feel those things as you wake up, instead of trying to escape what you're naturally dreaming about and feeling. Accept it. As time goes by, the intrusive memories and feelings will happen less and less, and eventually will no longer happen. Trust me...I had a mild form of PTSD from the military, and it took like 6 years of bad dreams and random daydreaming about it, and today it's over 99% resolved. You eventually move on.

It can also help to do breathing practice, since that's a way of releasing the mind. And cultivating positive virtue, which will create good karma to outweigh the bad. For instance, you could practice tonglen or else loving-kindness type meditation, or Taoist inner smile...and you can put it to real world action, by volunteering or donating. Creating good karma. Additionally, focus on the kind of life you want...thinking and planning more of the future will help you move forward from the past.

Burning would equate to fire/yang

so asking how to 'yanging up karmas' couldn't be actual.

Heart fire maybe

Find the energetic weaknesses and delete them. So EFT yes, but more direct would be something like Yuen Method (so you can strengthen and delete the weak energy from the past).

To get to the weaknesses, you have to get out of your conceptual or thinking mind and 'feel' for the weak energy. Start by deleting all of the judgment, criticism, and blame (blaming the wrong thing). The strengthening and deleting takes place on your midline.

For example, one 'weakness' I feel is 'regret' and 'guilt' around past choices. There's some military karma (from your spiritual experiences) from the past mixed in with that job and the people. 'Dead' and 'lost' were both 'weak', as was 'disappeared'. It has the energy of being 'haunted' by your past experiences on the battlefield.

There's more to delete there, but this is one way to 'burn up' your karma.

Burning would equate to fire/yang

so asking how to 'yanging up karmas' couldn't be actual.

Maybe I was looking for a proactive, yang approach to make these karmas disappear. FYI, my dream about my old job is quite pleasant. I was usually finding myself helping my staff and working for free. Even though I knew I don't work for my old company any more. It was an interesting sensation. Is like you walk into a company and starting to work and helping the staff there and you knew what to do. But you knew you won't get paid doing this and the management won't approve it. These dreams are bad since I want to get away from them. And I don't want to work in the same industry anymore. My college dreams are a bit tricky. I always find myself looking for my next class or finding myself looking for a room. No, I didn't enjoy my time in these college. It wasn't bad but it was a waste of my time there.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

Each of these little steps in blue are basically about being unflinching in your self examination, whilst being kinder to yourself, more heart centre toward yourself and others.

Release of trapped patterns wil occur as you follow the steps.

Good Luck.

Actually, my past life and its karma were mine. How sticky these karmas were? It took me 10 years to realize its impersonal nature and to allow me to deal with them without getting personal. You could say that I used to experience PTSD because in my past life I was a WWII soldier and was killed by a sniper bullet through the armor helmet, left side. They were properly dealt with with some interesting insight about the world and the other countries. Stuff happened in my old job and in my old college? These aren't my karmas. I felt detached from old college. I enjoyed working in my old job but don't think it is a good idea now to work in the same industry. A little disappointed how I was treated there before I left. People I thought I knew...well, they just disappeared.

I think I need to realize the samsara nature of the world I am living in and to realize its impermanent nature. Easier said then done since my mind is still subjected to the physical world I am living in.

Edited by ChiForce

Past karma is nothing more than present mindset. Your primary thoughts in this present time are the determining factors which govern how acutely affected you are by the past. Extending all the way to the dream world as well.

What occupies your mind most of the time now? Look deeply at this. Then you will understand why the past has got such a grip on your present mental continuum.

You cannot change the past, but you certainly can change the way you think about the past.

A practical way forward, i suggest, is to apply mindfulness to your thoughts, words, and deeds from now on. There is no need to force change. Force creates tension, and tension will only reinforce and strengthen the very chain you are trying to break.

Another practical option is to create a new chain of good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. Immerse yourself fully in this project of being fully attentive to all three activities. Over time, this new chain will replace the other one. Although you will still be bound, but at the very least, its a chain worthy of nourishment. Until such time when you uncover the Real. By then, you will hopefully have gained enough wisdom to see through the illusion of both. Then you will lol at how silly and fraught with unnecessary fears you have been.

Be like water. Water yields, and seek the lowliest level always. That is how water is able to support all things. No matter what garbage gets thrown into it, or how polluted it becomes, it will always return to its essential pure state. Because of this profound, endless potential, it is not afraid to remain yielding, always welcoming, rejects nothing. And it never disappears...

Embrace your present aliveness with both hands, get down on your knees and give thanks for being alive! Life is so very precious. We really do not have a long time to indulge with petty foregone notions of how unfair our past have been. We can die at any time.

Be grateful for each moment you can flip open your eyelids lest they close one time more and will never open again.

Refreshing, nourishing share, C T. Many thanks! :wub:

<3 ... it was from the heart...