skillzLeet

If you could describe a Taoist in two sentences or less, how would you say it?

Jing jao yeo jiu

Jing jao jui

Now I got the wine,

Now I go get drunk

Or

Enjoy the present

Forget the tomorrow

Idiotic Taoist

• Like 4

A taoist is a person who cultivates at least one of body, life energy, or spirit for the purposes of self improvement by trying to better understand and align themself with and abide by and make use of natural law as much as possible, and/or who follows and practices any of various belief systems and traditions of taoism, and who may also sometimes wear funny hats, and who doesn't ever take things written in internet forums seriously. :)

Now I got the wine,

Now I go get drunk

Or

Enjoy the present

Forget the tomorrow

Naw, that just sounds like your everyday addict and escapist and pleasure seeker and hedonist and tao bum, or maybe Jackie Chan's martial arts teacher. :)

• Like 1

Nice quote.

A Taoist is not, cannot be separate from Tao, an idiot is part of Tao therefore :D

Thanks...!!!

Nothing was ever excluded from Tao; but someone maybe excluded from being a Taoist...... :D

Thanks...!!!

Nothing was ever excluded from Tao; but someone maybe excluded from being a Taoist...... :D

mYTHmAKer response

Only if you are a religious Taoist if not who is there to exclude you :P

Edited by mYTHmAKER

mYTHmAKer response

Only if you are a religious Taoist if not who is there to exclude you :P

A Taoist may not have to be religious. Who is not a Taoist would be self understood and needs no someone for exclusion. :P

Edited by ChiDragon

Jing jao yeo jiu

Jing jao jui

Now I got the wine,

Now I go get drunk

Or

Enjoy the present

Forget the tomorrow

Idiotic Taoist

reading that this came in to my mind.

I'll bet that you could have made that sentence a whole lot longer if you wanted to.

Sure, as long as I am wearing my funny hat. There was no limit given on sentence length, so I took adavantage of that. :)

The tao te ching was originally written as one long continuous string of characters with no punctuation and no paragraph or verse breaks at all. Lao Tzu apparently thought it was ok. Who am I to think otherwise? :)

• Like 1

Sure, as long as I am wearing my funny hat. There was no limit given on sentence length, so I took adavantage of that. :)

The tao te ching was originally written as one long continuous string of characters with no punctuation and no paragraph or verse breaks at all. Lao Tzu apparently thought it was ok. Who am I to think otherwise? :)

Ever read William Faulkner?

• Like 1

Ever read William Faulkner?

I don't think so, unless he used to write for Mad magazine. I am not terribly well read, but I have read a few issues of Mad magazine years ago. :)

• Like 1

I don't think so, unless he used to write for Mad magazine. I am not terribly well read, but I have read a few issues of Mad magazine years ago. :)

No, that was someone else writing for Mad. Faulkner could go on for pages without any punctuation whatever. More like free- flowing thoughts from the brain directly to the page.

I was into Mad for a short time in my life. I got bored quickly.

No, that was someone else writing for Mad. Faulkner could go on for pages without any punctuation whatever. More like free- flowing thoughts from the brain directly to the page. I was into Mad for a short time in my life. I got bored quickly.

Very interesting about Faulkner. I should check him out, but my attention span for reading seems to be pretty poor these days.

Edited by NotVoid

Does the Tao have a sense of humor?

Tao can be seen as ironic , and in that, it therefore is a reflection of humor the sentient may have.

Edited by Stosh

I'm not sure if this is more then two sentances but it says a lot more about tao, then a library of commentary.

Edited by ion

reading that this came in to my mind.

Thank you!

Never heard that before,

But I enjoy the singer, and his song.

Do we need to describe taoist, isn't dao hard enough to describe?

Hehehe.

I think I will call that an understatement.

:)

• Like 1

Do we need to describe taoist, isn't dao hard enough to describe?

Perhaps you go find a Taoist to describe Tao to you...... ;)

A Taoist walks into a bar.

I'm not sure how many people picked up on what I meant. You would expect a 2nd part to the joke but there is no 2nd part. A Taoist just is, or at least strives to be.

I'm not sure how many people picked up on what I meant. You would expect a 2nd part to the joke but there is no 2nd part. A Taoist just is, or at least strives to be.

That is three sentences. Hehehe.

a taoist follows the flow of life/nature, but we dont float away from it.

we do not leave the worldliness as a Buddhist or Hinduist would, as we accept our life and live it

taoist has the goal of becoming Shen Xian/immortal but we are not rejecting human life.

so, a taoist can see/think about the future, but living in the present

a taoist is living the life xiao yao ziran :)

a taoist becomes master of themself (their own self)

we are not controlled by any doctrine or teaching and we develop our own wisdom/ wu

a taoist finds their own nature, can do the effortless, finding clarity, and can enter the emptiness

a spiritual taoist is able to connect to divine realm but still lives the life of an ordianry person.(working, getting married etc) this taoist lives on earth but can see the universe

• Like 2

I'm done counting sentences. Nobody is playing by the rules. (I don't believe all of us here are Anarchists. Hehehe.)