Taomeow

The riddle of the sphinx

What walks on four legs in the morning, on two during the day, then on three in the evening? -- the sphinx asked Oedipus, and getting the correct response -- humans -- committed suicide by throwing himself into the abyss. Distracted by the soap opera of Oedipus that follows, generations of readers miss the significance of this exchange.

The sphinx was not just referring to ontogeny, he meant philogeny. The morning, day, and evening do not refer to one day, nor one lifetime of an individual -- they refer to the evolution of the species. The suicide of the sphinx expresses his attitude to the coming of the "evening," the age of technology when humans walk on three legs, the third one, artificial, signifying the aid and intrusion of technology into the way humans "walk." This helps us find our place in the evolutionary progression. The heavier we lean on that cane, the later in the evening it is. The sphinx illustrated what happens next -- at night, humans don't walk at all, and neither does anything else anymore.

• Like 4

"designed" for humans?

Hmmm... yes, I believe so. There's no scriptures in any tradition that assert that on the n'th day god created technology, artificial means of locomotion, or some such. There's the story of acrhons, of course (e.g.), the semi-artificial semi-organic demigods, they may well have thrown in that crutch humanity has been leaning on ever since. But this would of course mean "intervention," not creation or evolution. So, yes, probably "designed for humans," methinks.

• Like 1

Hmmm... yes, I believe so. There's no scriptures in any tradition that assert that on the n'th day god created technology, artificial means of locomotion, or some such. There's the story of acrhons, of course (e.g.), the semi-artificial semi-organic demigods, they may well have thrown in that crutch humanity has been leaning on ever since. But this would of course mean "intervention," not creation or evolution. So, yes, probably "designed for humans," methinks.

I don't think so.

There's water marks, on the sphinx, indicating it was under water at one time.

I've heard not under water but exposed to rains for a very long time. The markings are characteristic for water going down on it rather than surrounding it. For centuries at least, maybe millennia. One does not exclude the other though. Antediluvian rains, then submerged, then emerged.

In the time frame official story grants it though, they somehow forget that the place has been dry as gunpowder. One of the least rainy spots on earth.

As for you don't think so re intervention, this is not a kind of conclusion I would expect anyone to jump to based on any one, two, ten, or even a hundred bits of evidence. A thousand can start forming a picture though. That's what happened in my case. And I'm not certain about the intervention, it just seems to explain about a thousand things no other hypothesis has an explanation for, is all.

Edited by Taomeow

I believe the marks and the theory that the marks are geological strata weathering ... they can be seen in other nearby rocks.

I also think the head was redone ... I am guessing it was a lions head and some Mad King ....

The proportions are all wrong ... pin head.

In the Old Kingdom they were pretty good with proportions and accuracy, in fact as soon as metal tools more fully replaced stone quality dropped quiet radically in some circumstances.

The much later observing Greeks probably knew as little about it as the pre-Greek, Middle Kingdom Egyptians

(Not that I don't mind 'layering' ... I learnt a lot on the symbolism of the Sphinx... but dare I talk about it ... I know about it, I have the will to talk about it, ... but ... ;) )

Let's dig under it and see what we can find!

Edited by Nungali

so who built it?

thats what I was getting at before

You might enjoy

''A History of Ancient Egypt. From the First Farmers to the Great Pyramid.' - John Romer for an open and academic approach.

'The Riddle of the Pyramids' - Kurt Mendelssohn - from a sensible professional engineers perspective.

[ Sorry no Aliens or levitation or ... but I like that ... I read that and looked into it for years ... YEARS! and came to the conclusion that I think 'overtly esoteric' theories on Egyptian engineering pays a great disservice to these people's innate genius who were much smarter than we are today ... come on Western modern ego ... admit it! ;) ]

Edited by Nungali

there's pyramids all over the world

Yep .... even in Australia, they were built by Chinese miners out of mining tailings.

some under water

Oh! Where are those?

big part of the story is hidden

What story?

I know that some think part of the story of how they moved giant stone blocks up ramps and got them in place is hidden ... but I know some of that story and it isn't that hidden. Like lots of things in ancient Egypt ... you can see it if you look at it the right way ;)

Edited by Nungali

The Age of Leo (10750 BCE - 8600 BCE) began as the last great Ice Age was ending.

"A great civilization must have preceded the vast movements of water that passed over Egypt [in 10,000 BC], which leads us to assume that the Sphinx already existed [...] whose leonine body, except for the head, shows indisputable signs of aquatic erosion"

- R. A. Schwaller de Lubicz, Sacred Science: The King of Pharaonic Theocracy

p109-12.gif

• Like 2

So every choice that opts for technology instead of humanity takes us a step further toward destruction?

Taking the ramming, erotic, incontinent, orgasmic process out of life, thinking 'oh, hand it over to technology, it'll be easier..more efficient' ...........and then notice you have just contributed to the death of humanity..

Oh Cat ..... nice played. :wub:

P.S : for other readers,

its a fake quote... some changes.

So back to topic

I found it interesting that the

Sphinx is half human - half animal.

It is much like a Centaur.

In both the lower body is animal.

Acting in much on instinct satisfaction

of basic desire, exception Cheiron

who is from Kronos.

It is different than the egyptian deities

having it reversed "Animal Head and

Human body."

The Sphinx is even more animal

than the Centaur.

While Centaur have the lower abdomen

animalistic horse -

and so having hands to use tools.

The Sphinx has only a human head

different than the Centaur is

its lower body that of a Lion

a predator.

Seemingly interesting is its high

intelligence, because it can give

one riddles.

It is odd that the Sphinx ask

riddles as to eat or not to eat.

More plain is it that the Sphinx

prefer to eat the less intelligent.

Actually it is something we humans

also do when it comes in juding

the other animals.

The more sentinent a being is

the more hesitation to eat it -

while if one want one will seem

to always find a away to justifiy it

if one try to explain it "logical".

More odd is that because of

the human head when one see

it as I see, would be cannibalism.

It is different than when a Griffon

eats a human.

Same Lionbody but with eagle head.

There again we consider one fall

to prey to an animal.

The case seem different if it comes

to the Sphinx.

Imagine yourself in front of the Sphinx

some have even wings.

If such thing exist one would consider

it extremly dangerous and superior,

as beside Oedipus... the rest got eaten.

In terms of power, intelligence and mobility

and resilence it must been very authorative.

Such power must result is narcism.

To get it/himself suicide after his fail is surprising

since he could eaten Oedipus and the withnesses....

We dont know why it killed itself but assume it

that it does because of shame.

One thing that happen is Oedipus showed

intelligence which on par of the Sphinx

in that case.

Intellignet at it is it the Sphinx is can calculate

that the future brings the development

of the human kind.

Linking it with Taomeows insight

I understand it that human become

cabable to use technology with more intelligence.

Seeing Oedipus as a mirror. The Sphinx might

get understanding about his own.

Oedipus kind may have the same cruelity inside

but different than the Sphinx human have

to hands and not lion strong body, but bipedal.

The Sphinx may understand it that to day it,

the human fall prey to the mighty and intelligent.

But when the night comes the human still

can use technology to compensate for its weakness

resulting each generation in bettering.

Different the Sphinx is only or rare existence

and eats on terms- havent heard that it go

on rampage like the Chimera.

The Sphinx is rely on its own power

different than the human who use more efficient tools

which imitate the Chimera.

In the amount of human beings pretty dangerous.

You may find it that how powerful the Sphinx is

the humans can easily catch a Sphinx today

and doing experiments and vivisection.

I think the Sphinx can think this far to choose

death better than fall into their hands.

One thing we dont know is:

"How long is a lifespan of a Sphinx?"

If one has live to this day and get caught

and is long living lifeform.

Then the military base have long experiments for

such potential subject.

He fear the night of humans.

Not only this when it is night

things that are in the darkness

are coming out, outside as well

inside the human.

Just some thoughts.....

Gnosis (“inner knowing”) was a path of experimental mysticism in which the initiates of the Mystery Schools explored the psyche and the cosmos at large. Using psychoactive plants, yoga, and sex magic, these ancient seers experienced altered states and developed siddhis, occult skills such as clairaudience and remote viewing. Gnosis was a kind of yogic noetic science melded with parapsychology. In heightened perception, Gnostics developed a vast cosmological vision centered in a female deity, the Divine Sophia. The Gnostic creation myth is unique in that it includes a full-blown explanation of how inorganic alien beings came to be present in our solar system.

The Nag Hammadi material contains reports of visionary experiences of the initiates, including first-hand encounters with inorganic beings called Archons. Gnostic teaching explains that these entities arose in the early stage of formation of the solar system, before the Earth was formed. Archons inhabit the solar system, the extraterrestrial realm as such, but they can intrude on Earth. Interestingly, this Gnostic insight accords closely with the view of Jacques Vallee, who maintains that ET/cyborgs probably belong to the local planetary realm. Vallee also proposes that the ET/UFO enigma is a “spiritual control system,” a phenomenon that “behaves like a conditioning process.” (Messengers of Deception). This is exactly what Gnostics said about the Archons: they can affect our minds by subliminal conditioning techniques. Their main tactics are mental error (intellectual virus, or false ideology, especially religious doctrines) and simulation. Archons are predatory, unlike a wide range of non-human and other-dimensional beings also know to the Gnostics, beings who are benevolent or neutral toward humanity.

Physical descriptions of Archons occur in several Gnostic codices. Two types are clearly identified: a neonate or embryonic type, and a draconic or reptilian type. Obviously, these descriptions fit the Greys and Reptilians of contemporary reports to a T. Or I should say, to an ET.

Then they're transported to Level 7, this is the horrific area. Guards like Thomas said that they had the cages. They were told not to talk to anybody. These were half-men, half-other animals.

Who was leading these experiments?

Reptilian humanoid beings, the small Greys.

True to shapeshifted form, our Reptilian gov is already technologically (all head, no heart) mutating our natural design into transgenic synthetic "life" for its own control...

This year's DARPA budget, the 2011 Presidentially-approved budget, has millions of dollars in it for editing our soldiers' DNA, it has millions of dollars in it for creating what's called "bio-design." Which is a new synthetic form of life, a militarized new form of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1G2p2bXuA&t=26m11s

Welcome to REPCARE!!!!

10ek2ad.jpg

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Quick! Someone inform Zahi Hawass !

They have found underground tunnels already.

There's no doubt that sacred sites tend to be built on older sacred sites. At Nabta Playa they placed cow shaped stones (to Hathor) on natural outcrops of similar shape ... this is may 8,000 years old ... so much of what we consider ancient is embellishment of even older things ... so who is to say how old these sites are? Probably as long as there have been humans ... (at least) ...

• Like 1

Those who are in charge of humans (be they themselves human too or not) do not just build their stuff on top of prior stuff. They build their sacred sites on top of the sacred sites of prior humans whom they drive out or destroy, more often than not. The new owners are usually very aware of the power of the sacred place and build their own stuff on top for the specific purpose of keeping the defeated power down. The physical ritual that invariably goes with the practice is "pinning" -- a sword is drawn into the ground, and symbols are utilized that represent it. The cross, which is a symbol for the sword, and its many versions are used almost invariably. One version of it is X, the "metal defying earth" pinning sign. In modern times, names like Exxon or Xerox, Celebrex or Vioxx continue this occult practice, and the doctor's script that is designated Rx signifies pinning down the healing powers of non-technological non-industrial nature -- it is not an abbreviation, the original Latin word does not contain an X -- it's just recipe, which means "take, thou."

This is done in the physical realm, but the pinning is extended into the spiritual realm -- by denying the reality of things that went before, pinning them down as "myth," "old wives tales," "ignorant pagan beliefs" and so on. This reminds me of the samurai "eye sword" -- before you pin the adversary with the physical sword, you pierce him with your "eye sword" that goes right through him "looking straight through him as though he isn't there, into the future where he does not exist."

It is a very efficient weapon which confers much occult power on the new owners.

• Like 2

Those who are in charge of humans (be they themselves human too or not) do not just build their stuff on top of prior stuff. They build their sacred sites on top of the sacred sites of prior humans whom they drive out or destroy, more often than not. The new owners are usually very aware of the power of the sacred place and build their own stuff on top for the specific purpose of keeping the defeated power down. The physical ritual that invariably goes with the practice is "pinning" -- a sword is drawn into the ground, and symbols are utilized that represent it. The cross, which is a symbol for the sword, and its many versions are used almost invariably. One version of it is X, the "metal defying earth" pinning sign. In modern times, names like Exxon or Xerox, Celebrex or Vioxx continue this occult practice, and the doctor's script that is designated Rx signifies pinning down the healing powers of non-technological non-industrial nature -- it is not an abbreviation, the original Latin word does not contain an X -- it's just recipe, which means "take, thou."

This is done in the physical realm, but the pinning is extended into the spiritual realm -- by denying the reality of things that went before, pinning them down as "myth," "old wives tales," "ignorant pagan beliefs" and so on. This reminds me of the samurai "eye sword" -- before you pin the adversary with the physical sword, you pierce him with your "eye sword" that goes right through him "looking straight through him as though he isn't there, into the future where he does not exist."

It is a very efficient weapon which confers much occult power on the new owners.

Or to bind the old powers to the new ... like Christian churches on pagan grounds ... but often the old power reasserts itself in some way ... so it is not lost but perhaps hidden.

• Like 4

Or to bind the old powers to the new ... like Christian churches on pagan grounds ... but often the old power reasserts itself in some way ... so it is not lost but perhaps hidden.

In some case it is supresses.

The Christian churches opens way up while closing

down the path of the nature forces because of

the association with with higher levels, saints, angels,etc.

While necleting the deeper forces.

Marco Pogcanik told that he had to free the deva in the cologne dome.

Also if one build ones own sanctury in a spot of power than other can not

occupy it. So one can render other groups powerless.

• Like 2

They have found underground tunnels already.

There's no doubt that sacred sites tend to be built on older sacred sites. At Nabta Playa they placed cow shaped stones (to Hathor) on natural outcrops of similar shape ... this is may 8,000 years old ... so much of what we consider ancient is embellishment of even older things ... so who is to say how old these sites are? Probably as long as there have been humans ... (at least) ...

yeah ... I was joking , Zawi (now sacked) used to 'chuck a tantie' like a squabbling penguin when any one came up with a 'maybe ...?' that was different to 'straight' interpretation.

Last time I looked into the tunnels they just ... (ha! ... ) I mean last time I caught up with that story ( I haven't been down there) It just seemed to have faded away ... they found some stuff ... there was more ... they haven't done it yet. I am curious to know what IS under there. One of the more recent very large finds in the area was located by just digging there because not much was marked on the site digging map in that location.

Many old sites were built on existent and natural cave complexes as well. Who knows what links with what.

• Like 1

You cant hold a good Diamon down :) As I wrote somewhere else around here ... its like sweeping it under the carpet and stomping down the lumps and like suppression of 'natural instincts' will surface in one way or another if it cant find expression in the new system.

I like going into the basement of architecture, especially churches ... come of it has interesting symbolism ... as if 'someone' realised some of the above posted ideas .