MooNiNite

how did Bruce Lee die

Till today, there are still staunch believers who argues that he is in fact still alive, in permanent retreat somewhere in the mountains of China. They are of the firm stance that the body in the coffin was in fact a dummy, or some dude who happened to have died around that time and bore a slight resemblance to Bruce. These folks say that Bruce Lee became 'enlightened', and no longer wished to be 'in the world' of materialism. I dunno... maybe they are right, maybe not, who can say for sure? Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Well a person who could leave there body.could easily verify C.T's response. But that person isnt me

My previous teacher told me he was cursed while in Indonesia
I was thinking something like this. Energy practitioners often become targets..so iv heard

I dont think he was very advanced cultivation wise, but probably had huge potential

The official account of how Bruce Lee died is that he took a type of pain killer for a head ache, which caused an allergic or bad reaction reaction in him and he died of cerebral edema (brain inflammation). Some people close to him at that time such as Chuck Norris have confirmed this account is correct, although Chuck Norris said the brain inflammation was actually caused by a bad reaction between pain killers Bruce was taking for his back pain and the pain medication he took for his head ache. I think that doctors at the time couildn't say for certain what caused the bad reaction, but cerebral edema/brain inflammation is reported to have been the cause of death.

For example see this video for Chuck Norris's account (He starts talking about this at about 4:05):

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 2

Wouldnt be suprised. Dont trust pharmaceutical for shit.

The official account of how Bruce Lee died is that he took a type of pain killer for a head ache, which caused an allergic or bad reaction reaction in him and he died of cerebral edema (brain inflammation). Some people close to him at that time such as Chuck Norris have confirmed this account is correct, although Chuck Norris said the brain inflammation was actually caused by a bad reaction between pain killers Bruce was taking for his back pain and the pain medication he took for his head ache. I think that doctors at the time couildn't say for certain what caused the bad reaction, but cerebral edema/brain inflammation is reported to have been the cause of death.For example see this video for Chuck Norris's account (He starts talking about this at about 4:05):http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u4ekAQfN8x8#t=246
Ur profile pic confuses me btw. What is it?

He's probably doing personal sessions with Tupac up on Kunlun Mountain

That's interesting id wonder who out of the 2 would win a philosophical debate....

That's interesting id wonder who out of the 2 would win a philosophical debate....

I doubt either one of them would debate :)

Quite correct....

Being that the convo is happening on Kunlun shan Max Dorje would keep tha peace.

Are you sure? I'm almost certain there would be a battle of some sort...

I used to read into the conspiracies wanting to believe them. After watching "I AM Bruce Lee" recently, hearing Shannon talk about these made me realise how disrespectful it is to speculate such things.

So yes, a tragic action related to medication is what I will agree on.

• Like 2

The man virtually single handedly, gave the HK Chinese back their pride / respect.

They couldn't / wouldn't understand how a superfit guy in his early 30's, who many considered their hero, could die from taking a migraine tablet (equlgesic, I think, from memory).

The actress Betty Ting Pei's (?) career amongst others, never recovered.

Sure the guy was a bit wild in his youth and had a temper.

But he was also a martial artist with fantastic ability.

He was never still, always training or reading, or both at once.

His books make interesting reading.

Not so much the innovator, as some might think.

As a lot of his sayings and techniques were borrowed from elsewhere.

But the way he put stuff together was what made him really special IMO.

Don't know anything about his cultivation stuff.

But sincerely hope that his family aren't adversely affected by all the theories that have been circulating since 1973.

• Like 3

" A light that burns twice as bright, burns for half as long."

Till today, there are still staunch believers who argues that he is in fact still alive, in permanent retreat somewhere in the mountains of China. They are of the firm stance that the body in the coffin was in fact a dummy, or some dude who happened to have died around that time and bore a slight resemblance to Bruce. These folks say that Bruce Lee became 'enlightened', and no longer wished to be 'in the world' of materialism. I dunno... maybe they are right, maybe not, who can say for sure? Stranger things have happened.

The dummy rumour most likely was linked to the finished 'Game of Death' movie after Bruce has passed away, which showed a dummy face of Bruce being broken.

There are countless rumors on internet forums about how Bruce Lee died."We should be more interested in how Bruce lived." Linda Lee Cadwell

My previous teacher told me he was cursed while in Indonesia

When did he visit Indonesia?

The official account of how Bruce Lee died is that he took a type of pain killer for a head ache, which caused an allergic or bad reaction reaction in him and he died of cerebral edema (brain inflammation). Some people close to him at that time such as Chuck Norris have confirmed this account is correct, although Chuck Norris said the brain inflammation was actually caused by a bad reaction between pain killers Bruce was taking for his back pain and the pain medication he took for his head ache. I think that doctors at the time couildn't say for certain what caused the bad reaction, but cerebral edema/brain inflammation is reported to have been the cause of death.For example see this video for Chuck Norris's account (He starts talking about this at about 4:05):

[/url]
I agree. Bruce also collapsed and was rushed to hospital and saved a couple of months before his death from the same problem.

The man virtually single handedly, gave the HK Chinese back their pride / respect.They couldn't / wouldn't understand how a superfit guy in his early 30's, who many considered their hero, could die from taking a migraine tablet (equlgesic, I think, from memory).The actress Betty Ting Pei's (?) career amongst others, never recovered. Sure the guy was a bit wild in his youth and had a temper.But he was also a martial artist with fantastic ability.He was never still, always training or reading, or both at once.His books make interesting reading.Not so much the innovator, as some might think.As a lot of his sayings and techniques were borrowed from elsewhere.But the way he put stuff together was what made him really special IMO. Don't know anything about his cultivation stuff.But sincerely hope that his family aren't adversely affected by all the theories that have been circulating since 1973.

Bruce was also a Cha Cha champion and boxing champion in Hong Kong. Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 2

There are countless rumors on internet forums about how Bruce Lee died.We should be more interested in how Bruce lived...

well said.

• Like 1

They couldn't / wouldn't understand how a superfit guy in his early 30's, who many considered their hero, could die from taking a migraine tablet (equlgesic, I think, from memory).

Yes and that drug was considered toxic shortly after his death and discontinued... not that much mystery here like you say. Fact is many people die from painkillers. Many still seemingly fit. Overuse of painkillers is quickly rising today and so are deaths from them:

http://io9.com/5919434/prescription-painkillers-now-the-leading-cause-of-accidental-deaths

And those are just numbers where you can make the connection. Real numbers are higher.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2