Sign in to follow this  
roger

utter courage.....

......forgiveness.....humility......admitting you're wrong.

These three things take very, very great courage.

Let me put it this way......most people think that "attacking" other people requires COURAGE.

Ha! What a sick pathetic joke!

Attack is for cowards........forgiveness is for the gloriously courageous.

• Like 6

Thank you, Flolfolil. You're right.

Sometimes it takes another person to help us to see our errors clearly.

Forgiving has always been so difficult for me. But then a friend told me that if I were to forgive certain people in my life that I was very angry at for committing the most despicable deeds, the skies would open for me.

So I took his advice and guess what happened? ;)

• Like 1

One of my favorite gurus described the three hardest things to do as:

including the excluded

admitting when we are wrong

returning love for hate

• Like 4

Forgiving has always been so difficult for me. But then a friend told me that if I were to forgive certain people in my life that I was very angry at for committing the most despicable deeds, the skies would open for me.

So I took his advice and guess what happened? ;)

The one set free in forgiveness is my self.

Aside from the breath of life, this is one of the greatest gifts of my life.

• Like 2

If I may, this is something I think 90% of the world would balk at because it showcases humility and forgiveness in the extreme:

Eight Verses of Mind Training By Geshe Langri Thangpa
1. By thinking of all sentient beings as more precious than a wish-fulfilling jewel for accomplishing the highest aim, I will always hold them dear.
2. Whenever I’m in the company of others, I will regard myself as the lowest among all, and from the depths of my heart cherish others as supreme.
3. In my every action, I will watch my mind, and the moment destructive emotions arise, I will confront them strongly and avert them, since they will hurt both others and me.
4. Whenever I see ill-natured beings, or those overwhelmed by heavy misdeeds or suffering, I will cherish them as something rare, as though I’d found a priceless treasure.
5. Whenever someone out of envy does me wrong by attacking or belittling me, I will take defeat upon myself, and give the victory to others.
6. Even when someone I have helped, or in whom I have placed great hopes mistreats me very unjustly, I will view that person as a true spiritual teacher.
7. In brief, directly or indirectly, I will offer help and happiness to all my mothers, and secretly take upon myself all their hurt and suffering.
8. I will learn to keep all these practices untainted by thoughts of the eight worldly concerns. May I recognize all things as like illusions, and without attachment, gain freedom from bondage.
  • Like 2

If I may, this is something I think 90% of the world would balk at because it showcases humility and forgiveness in the extreme:

Yeah, regretfully that is too heavy for me to deal with. Nice thoughts none-the-less.

I'M WRONG!!!

Was that the very first time ever?

The neat thing about being wrong is that we have the opportunity to try again and do it right the next time.

I can up with an inverse Murphy's Law. It states: If you keep on trying eventually you will find the right way to do a thing.

I'm right for being wrong OR WRONG FOR BEING RIGHT

...it goes on foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeer

eh, watevs, there's always a way out

• Like 1

I'm right for being wrong OR WRONG FOR BEING RIGHT

...it goes on foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeer

eh, watevs, there's always a way out

We don't really need a way out as long as we don't pretend to be perfect.

I have said here a couple of times: I reserve the right to be wrong.

We don't really need a way out as long as we don't pretend to be perfect.

I have said here a couple of times: I reserve the right to be wrong.

I'm perfect until proven otherwise :D

• Like 1

Anyone noticed how it becomes much easier to forgive, admit wrongness etc the more it's practiced?

Nowadays, I feel just comfort when doing so...so it's actually easy now!

• Like 1

Yeah, regretfully that is too heavy for me to deal with. Nice thoughts none-the-less.

Heh heh, I don't come anywhere close to practicing them. I guess that's one reason I'm back (on Earth).

Heh heh, I don't come anywhere close to practicing them. I guess that's one reason I'm back (on Earth).

Hehehe. What can I say? You've said it all.

Sign in to follow this