Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

What is humble?

Edited by skydog

yes, I am typing to teach myself, sorry mods.

Edited by skydog

To be humble is to swallow your pride,

using humility as an invisible guide,

looking from anothers perspective,

in an attempt to acheive compromise.

With too much pride on either side

there could never be a compromise.

• Like 1

To be humble is to swallow your pride,

using humility as an invisible guide,

looking from anothers perspective,

in an attempt to acheive compromise.

With too much pride on either side

there could never be a compromise.

a person who has defeated pride on the inside, who appears to others to be prideful and vain on the outside - is still humble!

yes!

Are you open to compromise in all things or are there things set in stone?

Edited by teknix

I misinterpret a lot of things.

Edited by skydog

I would say the answer is relative to each individual scenario.

Whatever the answer, it says about you.

Edited by teknix

a person who has defeated pride on the inside, who appears to others to be prideful and vain on the outside - is still humble!

yes!

I think that is how zen works too.

(but i'm probably wrong technically)

• Like 1

I think here on the Bums site, Humble is taking care not to hurt others feelings. Letting the other guy have the last word in an argument. Phrasing things as one's thoughts and opinions, not as facts.

humility isn't one of my forte's but its definitely a virtue.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I dont know just try to understand things over and over.

Beside black and white you have percentage what is (I think of a chess game where the Yin and Yang

are equal but depending on the choices, strategy and taktic of both side it is shifted to oneside)

and these things are not staying like this, it is changing.

Maybe things are too fast or too slow for perception of change.

Even things are set in stone one can do as if their is maybe a compromise,

if there is a compromise one can do as if it is set it stone.

Human nature as I watched like to see fate when it is needed and to see free will when it is needed.

From perspective of commone sense each persons body will die.

So there are some people who think they can be immortal with their body.

Humbleness can be used as a political tool but as well it can be true pride ceasing as you type above.

I like to say in my own words:"The body may bow, but the heart may not. Then the body not bows but the

heart bows deeper than the body can."

We know that even in martial arts, some dance it and that some can control thngs with it.

For the the perception is not trained to see the flaws, the difference;

The beauty might be the wrong thing, while the ugly is the real deal.

While those who know see the real deal as beauty and the wrong thing as ugly.

But then even it is the real deal, is it wanted?

Else you want to ask in which context, in what setting what time.

One can as here post in the time one post only the thoughts that come into mind

at that time. Maybe tomorrow or in 10 years or more the insight have changed.

It is like a photography, one moment.

I think we share a similar perspective of an answer if there must be one.

Edited by teknix
  • Like 2

I think here on the Bums site, Humble is taking care not to hurt others feelings. Letting the other guy have the last word in an argument. Phrasing things as one's thoughts and opinions, not as facts.

That sounds like being passive rather than assertive. Personally, I feel that words can be damned when all they point at are illusions of self. I think you have to choose totake offence to words.

Would you let someone win an argument in favor of ignorance/misinformation?

Phrasing your thought as an opinion might also avoid unraveling the truth. (Because there is a refusal to make a direct challenge of anothers understanding or belief)

Edited by teknix

I think that is how zen works too.

(but i'm probably wrong technically)

yes - I agree wholeheartedly - in fact, I am going to a little Zen retreat this weekend - can't wait! I don't think they use the stick though.. :(

makes good sense. You have humbled me! (seriously)

• Like 1

That sounds like being passive rather than assertive. Personally, I feel that words can be damned when all they point at are illusions of self. I think you have to choose totake offence to words.

Would you let someone win an argument in favor of ignorance/misinformation?

Phrasing your thought as an opinion might also avoid unraveling the truth. (Because there is a refusal to make a direct challenge of anothers understanding or belief)

I think that way sometimes...but if someone is not ready to learn, are you going to force the learning on them? Maybe if they are your children, or your students. First, however, there must be an agreement to become your student, before you can become the mean overseer. Otherwise, you are just being a tyrant. I have been making this mistake all of my life and very recently. It is not in accord with the Tao.

• Like 2

Is a tiger humble?

They can be! In a tiger family, little tiger cubs certainly will be humble before the bigger tigers! :)

the deeply humble deeply understand karma and their non-violent actions/reactions can mitigate it, even to the point of helping transmute karmas for another.

• Like 1

the deeply humble deeply understand karma and their non-violent actions/reactions can mitigate it, even to the point of helping transmute karmas for another.

That is the way of the flower and the leaf. The way of the sword and the thorn is more gregarious and playful, and involves much debate and self-effacement. The master recognizes his students true potential and uses any means necessary to prove it to them(selves).

I think that way sometimes...but if someone is not ready to learn, are you going to force the learning on them? Maybe if they are your children, or your students. First, however, there must be an agreement to become your student, before you can become the mean overseer. Otherwise, you are just being a tyrant. I have been making this mistake all of my life and very recently. It is not in accord with the Tao.

I don't see how you get that.

I was talking about being assertive rather than aggressive or passive, in any life instance.

Forcing someone to learn is definitely being agressive, not at all what I was talking about.

Standing your ground against the oncomming tide is to what I refer.

Sign in to follow this