Sign in to follow this  
Branderplank

Spontaneous horse stance

About 45min into my Spring Forest Qigong practice, I spontaneously sink into a deep horse stance. Has this ever happened to anybody?

The energy would move up my back, yet straighten it, and drag me down instantaneously into horse stance. My upper legs parallel to the ground. I will start out standing with my knees only slightly bent.This is not an event of my own doing. I dont think about it. It just happens.

Weird, as if some subconscious inner kung fu master is taking over my body.

• Like 1

Cool! Chunyi Lin did that stance for 2 hrs a day nonstop at Shaolin - it's shown on the Shaolin training vid on youtube - so Chunyi did that for 3 months for Master Yau and then after that Chunyi's third eye was fully open so Master Yau had him do long distance healing.

So yeah that stance leads to fully opening the third eye. haha. Gotta be -- a holographic higher dimensional reality kicking in.

Do you think the same benefit could be gotten through a less deep stance, such as standing post, as long as that center of will was being taxed?

I am assuming that it is the activation and strengthening of the will of the awareness that increases personal power.

The chi energy kicks in to support the body - electromagnetic energy.

When the chi builds up then the shen spirit light kicks in.

But first the jing has to be built up for the chi to kick in.

Chunyi said he would bury his feet -- half a feet into the earth - and so his Bubbling Springs would absorb the energy best that way.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

Chunyi said he would bury his feet -- half a feet into the earth - and so his Bubbling Springs would absorb the energy best that way.

That is a neat idea.

The Shaolin training of course relies on real celibacy of the mind and body to build up the jing energy to create real qi energy -- otherwise the training would be fake, like if a person was married. It would require going on a long retreat -- so Chunyi did three months at Shaolin as a retreat with Master Yau.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I'm interested in this subject, especially the third eye.

Is this a worthwhile description?: http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Tai-Chi's-Horse-Stance

I'd like to learn more about and practice Zhan zhuang rather than wu tai chi the fitness center offers. I'm considering Master Lam Kam Chuen's book Chi Kung: The Way of Energy and YT videos.

Thanks for the tip.

It's a clever idea. I wonder if these Chinese know every tricks. :)

The earth soil provides tactile sense feedback to top of feet and ankles.

I think I'll do Z.Z in my bath top with water fill up to my calf. :)

The weird thing we do for Qi! :)

The soil deal is based on the Earth always being hit by lightning and so the Earthing is the yin chi as an ionization electromagnetic energy going into the body.

Probably won't get that from the bathtub. haha.

But yes Chunyi Lin does recommend meditating by big bodies of water - facing the water - focusing the mind on the lower tan tien with the fire below the water....

• Like 1

About 45min into my Spring Forest Qigong practice, I spontaneously sink into a deep horse stance. Has this ever happened to anybody?

This happens all the time in Tai Ji, as a matter of fact, when a Tai Ji practitioner has both legs on the ground is always in a horse stance position as the basic requirement. The deeper the stance which is the higher level of practice.

If it makes you feel any better I get spontaneous horse stance all the time. Its like the leg chi is waking up. Its seems also to be the beginning of the perfection of the bodies structure, but thats a hard one to explain. If you concentrate hard enough on your body you understand that the perfect leg exericse is horse stance and once thats been exercised sufficently you will be shown the stances for the higher body parts, but I never got that far.

when I do the Moving of Yin and Yang exercise my legs do similar spontaneous things, I don't sink into horse stance but my stance does seem to be "corrected" automatically.. it happens immediately and of its own accord, it's quite fascinating.

When I got the chance to very briefly ask Chunyi some questions I asked if I should practice in Horse stance as my Kidney energy is deficient.. he shook his head and as usual emphasized just to "bend your knees a little". It's interesting that he doesnt emphasize horse stance, through my own practice I've found I can gain a considerable amount of energy from 30 or more minutes of "reasonably low" stance. I can only last a couple of minutes in Horse (and it's not a great horse! ;) ). It makes sense that Horse would be a quicker way to build Jing, as it's as low as you can go and stimulates the Bubbling Spring a lot.. but perhaps it's not suitable for everyone? Please take this with a grain of salt as I have only heard it word of mouth, but I have heard if one's channels aren't open enough that horse stance is not a great idea. Can anyone clarify this?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this