ralis

Art As A Spiritual Quest.

Very painstakingly and patiently, you plant the seeds of a muse in your art - from your experiences, from your surroundings, from your jaded reading of your life-in-making, from the stars you seek, from the pebbles you found, from the storm that threatens the dim-litted wick burning inside you, from the knowledge that has betrayed you, from the context, from the subtext, from intuition, from deductions, and so on. It's quite a laborious process.

And if you do this thing truthfully, you experience two contradictory feelings -

1) unease/overwhelm, because there's just so much to ingest, and so much to organize, and so many overlaps, and so many conflicts, and so many choices... the chances to screw things compound to nightmarish proportions.

2) exhilaration/joy, because the seeds have begun to sprout unique textures within you, the colors and richness of which gleam through the cracks of your ignorance. And they are beautiful shades, such you've never seen before. You still can't paint a complete picture with those textures because part of you still can't interpret them clearly, but yes, they do serve as a pointer of where not to go.

So, with these two honest but contradictory feelings, you go into your art and just let yourself be. The labour is not to appear in your art, it's just a process by which you arrive at the zone. And once you step in the zone, all multiple perspectives converge into one moment. And in that moment, there are no eyes and there are no forms; there is no wind and there are no trees. There is just the blowing.

• Like 3

So, with these two honest but contradictory feelings, you go into your art and just let yourself be. The labour is not to appear in your art, it's just a process by which you arrive at the zone. And once you step in the zone, all multiple perspectives converge into one moment. And in that moment, there are no eyes and there are no forms; there is no wind and there are no trees. There is just the blowing.

Artists' Anonymous :lol:

I take creativity one day at a time :)

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

glad we were able to display some blake. and i do enjoy the romantic age too, it is the one i relate closer too, that nature thing.

keats, shelley, byron,coleridge!,and blake of course, and the high priest of english nature poetry and author of prelude, wordsworth. but wordsworth grew old and edited fucked up some of his works. luckily shelley and keats died young and avoided such a temptation.i also stood tip toe upon a little hill once,,,and not to make amends to apech but becoz i do enjoy and revel in;

“To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.”

these poets almost do create visual artistry with their poems.

so an age to where artists poets, were inspired by nature and turned to nature as the very source of inspiration, very well could be the basis form my senior project this upcoming spring. and even if i relate to this age the closest, it still is no renaissance age.

earth-mother-1882.jpg!Blog.jpg

• Like 1

glad we were able to display some blake. and i do enjoy the romantic age too, it is the one i relate closer too, that nature thing.

keats, shelley, byron,coleridge!,and blake of course, and the high priest of english nature poetry and author of prelude, wordsworth. but wordsworth grew old and edited fucked up some of his works. luckily shelley and keats died young and avoided such a temptation.i also stood tip toe upon a little hill once,,,and not to make amends to apech but becoz i do enjoy and revel in;

“To see a world in a grain of sand

And heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand

And eternity in an hour.”

these poets almost do create visual artistry with their poems.

so an age to where artists poets, were inspired by nature and turned to nature as the very source of inspiration, very well could be the basis form my senior project this upcoming spring. and even if i relate to this age the closest, it still is no renaissance age.

That's why they called themselves pre-Raphaelites to link to the renaissance ...

Coleridge and Keats are my heroes also ... if you ever go the Rome visit the Spanish Steps and house where Keats died ...

• Like 1

I could add that my primary practice in Wu Wei is music.

There is a point, especially with a crowd's energy involved, when there is what is called "the pocket" - it's something collective that everyone is driving towards and you start to let it take over - you start to follow the pocket instead of anything to do with harmony or scales or riffs or whatever -- it just becomes "more, higher, stronger, lower, calmer, electric, empty" and anything that happens on the instrument is just a matter of following the pocket rather than anything planned out.

I'm sure it's a similar experience for energetic healers, martial artists, and probably painters and other artists where the art takes over and you just try to be one with it in order to stay on the ride - it speaks on a deeper level and you stay tuned into the frequency rather than "figuring out" what to do next.

My theory is that this is why people love music -- when a musician is "in the pocket" the listener can follow it too and give over the mental effort to their primal physical knowing.

There are various aspects of Wu Wei, but this has been the most experiential one for me.

edit: ah, I see looking back that this thread is just on visual art.. excusez moi

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Worth 1000

The young and innocent child grips a dog fiercely with protective adamance. The woman showing clarity of eyes and k/gnowing of truth in Love, communication, and being.

The dog is as a wolf, seen by the ignorant eyes of the civilized - who think as though to "know better" than the child than to "coddle such a mangy wolf as that vicious beast!" in spite of evidence to the contrary

The Aquarian gaze which pierces your intentions and sees through you... just waiting for an expected approach.

• Like 1

brilliant cat,

at the risk of "spamming" as i posted this is the occult hermetic section previous. but it does fit here as well as we (i, anyways) was looking

at the renaissance and i mentioned da vinci.

there is so much going on the The Last Supper , i dont think 20 videos would express it all and who knows what is left to be discovered. 2006-2007 yielded new insights, some 500+ years after da vinci painted it.

here is a glimpse or two of the mind fuckery genius of leonardo. from one end of the spectrum to the other is spectre spectrals

sandro was a most excellent human and artist until he met up with that venomous snake the friar from ferrara

220px-Sandro_Botticelli_083.jpg220px-Girolamo_Savonarola.jpg

you know, i never did buy that davinci thing.... im convinced you could do that with almost any picture blindly selected at random and get some kind of "profound significant image" by mirroring and overlapping...

Fucking retarded, i did shit like that to my classmates using a prism and school pics :lol:

you know, i never did buy that davinci thing.... im convinced you could do that with almost any picture blindly selected at random and get some kind of "profound significant image" by mirroring and overlapping...

Fucking retarded, i did shit like that to my classmates using a prism and school pics :lol:

Do you have anything constructive to add? Obviously not.

speak for yourself.

I'm responding to zero's videos and expressing my perception of the fanatical davinci works.

If mirror image transparency "exposes" davinci's secrets, then it needs to be tested and proven its not just a FLUKE.

speak for yourself.

I'm responding to zero's videos and expressing my perception of the fanatical davinci works.

If mirror image transparency "exposes" davinci's secrets, then it needs to be tested and proven its not just a FLUKE.

We've moved on .. we're on Botticelli now ..

so this thread has nothing to do with spiritual quests, only the posting of pictures?

its about posting pictures which people think have spiritual content .. or that's what I think it is about.

to quote ur friend Ralis' OP:

Listening to music this evening reminded me of this painting.

It's about the spiritual connection between art and those who observe the art.

I agree, i think ralis meant for it to be "picture art only" :lol: but we arent really doing anything except "post awesome pictures thread" in another thread.

to quote ur friend Ralis' OP:

It's about the spiritual connection between art and those who observe the art.

I agree, i think ralis meant for it to be "picture art only" :lol: but we arent really doing anything except "post awesome pictures thread" in another thread.

It would be good if people said why they felt the picture had spiritual impact instead of just posting I think. It would be more interesting.

Since the subject of Botticelli came up. I like this piece which includes the seductive play of Cupid.

Botticelli-primavera.jpg

Is Vermeer capturing a beautiful innocence?

419px-Johannes_Vermeer_%281632-1675%29_-

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

it is interesting that after class yesterday, a student (not me) and the professor went from botticelli to vermeer.

the facial expression by vermmer here shows a more focused gaze than botticelli expresses.

from primavera, that ralis rightly says is a spring time cupid seduction, so much is contained in this painting, the graces are circle dancing,i originally thought mercury was reaching for fruit lol, but he is poking some interesting clouds, zephyrus is abducting chloris, and the beautiful face of flora, and oh yeah venus is center and showing. platonic love and sexual themes are interwoven here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_rerum_natura

botticelli10.jpg

• Like 2