ralis

Art As A Spiritual Quest.

it doesnt matter does it? if it is a prophet or a shaman or a rishi or a poet or an Artist or any other flavor of seer(philosopher or scientist) that sees the vision and is able to abstract and translate it for the rest of us. they are all in the same bizness, are they not? everything is viewed thru the lens of their time and just ahead. all of it filtered thru their understandings of the science and philosophies of their own times. was it a scientist or a poet or an artist that first spoke in amazement of the visible celestial spheres and their movements thru the night sky---that area of the cosmos that held unspeakable mystery and some brilliant dazzling foreboding dark light. which is the greater work of art--the statue of david or the creation of taiji or the clovis point or the medicine wheel-- hard to answer , right? is there a difference in going into the cathedral of milan for the art or for the religion?

going to the museum of science and technology is the same as going to an art museum is the same as going to a temple.

i go out into nature

http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/bellini-and-titians-the-feast-of-the-gods.html

• Like 4

post-80069-0-96671700-1376601388_thumb.jpgpost-80069-0-70636900-1376601549_thumb.jpgpost-80069-0-91608700-1376601574_thumb.jpg

Mexican Huichol artistry

cool stuff

coming from peyote visions, I had similar visions...

• Like 2

Yeh, I think when one gets into

trying to make their expression

a certain way

for money

or to impress people

or not look bad

they are making their art

into something else

they are making their art into fart.

Regardless of how many people like it, or how much it sells or how many people dont dislike it

Expression is their expression, authenticity is what I admire.

But then some people never take into account the needs of the environment.

anyways ba

Well, what defines a great work of art?

If you feel great when creating something, and satisfied with the result when you're done, I think that's the measure of greatness. It could be a mistake to start creating your art to try and live up to some kind of external idea of greatness, because it's unlikely you'll ever get there.

Why try to be another Da Vinci, when you can be THE Nothern Avid Judo Ant?

Let's take cartoons as the example.

You have:

Tom & Jerry (Great work of art)

or

Squidbillies (fucking wretched shit)

If im going to invest myself in expressions of my heart, i'm going tom and jerry or nothing at all.

And i am only a squidbilly caliber all by myself - not worth my own effort. if all i can amount up to is fucking wretched shit, then i would do well to incinerate anything that exists of me so that there is nothing left.

if the result of my effort is not worth the effort i put into my work, i will do nothing but destroy the results.

Let's take cartoons as the example.

You have:

Tom & Jerry (Great work of art)

or

Squidbillies (fucking wretched shit)

If im going to invest myself in expressions of my heart, i'm going tom and jerry or nothing at all.

And i am only a squidbilly caliber all by myself - not worth my own effort. if all i can amount up to is fucking wretched shit, then i would do well to incinerate anything that exists of me so that there is nothing left.

if the result of my effort is not worth the effort i put into my work, i will do nothing but destroy the results.

Im reading your legend of zelian hearts right now, it seems pretty good so far :)

• Like 1

thats on haiatus... apparently i've made a few mistakes in detailing the official timeline... and until i can figure out what i've done wrong, if anything, i wont be writing anything new... so you'll have plnty of time to catch yourself up :lol:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115639964256010165679/albums/5911017673779195473/5911017679134949074?pid=5911017679134949074&oid=115639964256010165679

That kind of goes hand in hand with the story... sort of.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Actually I like it, it sort of has a "fairy or gnome" feel to it, I like that you incorporated parkour in it etc lol ok cool look forward to reading more when you have organised the timeline or what you mentioned you needed to do.

• Like 1

long story short: Nintendo's official storyline is not something i want to defy, and to the best i can tell, i havent - but it was pointed out, and i have to do research :lol:

I think, if i screwed anything up at all, its minor and will be an easy fix.

Probably during the discussion with the hags... But it's not official one way or the other weather Termina is an alternate world, different province, or dreamland... and im operating on its' being dreamland... that might cramp a lot of work.

Thanks for reading :) I hope you continue to enjoy it as it grows :)

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

long story short: Nintendo's official storyline is not something i want to defy, and to the best i can tell, i havent - but it was pointed out, and i have to do research :lol:

I think, if i screwed anything up at all, its minor and will be an easy fix.

Probably during the discussion with the hags... But it's not official one way or the other weather Termina is an alternate world, different province, or dreamland... and im operating on its' being dreamland... that might cramp a lot of work.

Thanks for reading :) I hope you continue to enjoy it as it grows :)

Could we stay on topic as opposed to derailing another thread. The OP is in regards to visual art.

Could we stay on topic as opposed to derailing another thread. The OP is in regards to visual art.

Wow :lol:

I was going to comment on this but words can't depict the feel that Michelangelo was expressing.

Michelangelo%27s_Pieta_5450_cropncleaned

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

i strongly disagree with william blake who says "The ages are all equal"

in all ages there have been great artists, thinkers, workmen and excellent works produced.

i strongly agree with hegel who says each age has its own unique spirit

that influences all aspects of the age.

sure, the spirit that influenced the renaissance had its roots in the middle ages that were dark ages

when compared to the renaissance. and darkness has since returned.

oh we may have more available knowledge now, but

to compare the post modern age to the renaissance, i dont even really need to make that argument do i?

humanity has been dummied on down to the stage that with all of our technological advances and added knowledge

we cannot come close to achieving what the age "renaissance" achieved.

the spirit that entered into and influenced the renaissance was one of the highest virtue.

this spirit stirred in humanity a refinement, a taste, extraordinary positive results of intellect and imagination.

it was an age of great individual personalities that were individual but not isolated and came together in the circle of that spirit, of ideas !

they caught light and fire from each other, the spirit of the renaissance was a unity that gave unity that produced an elevated enlightenment in which all of that age communicated freely and intimately.

if it is suggested that from time to time great ages come to be, it must only come when conditions are favorable , when the thoughts of men draw closer together and the spirit of the age is breathed by all. there is a potential now with this information age and folks of all types coming together on the web and sharing freely. hopefully the roots are being put down now that will give humanity another great age.

• Like 1

i strongly disagree with william blake who says "The ages are all equal"

in all ages there have been great artists, thinkers, workmen and excellent works produced.

i strongly agree with hegel who says each age has its own unique spirit

that influences all aspects of the age.

"Ages are All Equal.

But Genius is Always Above The Age."

If you criticise Billy Blake again I shall be forced to put you on ignore. But then 'opposition is true friendship'. :)

"Ages are All Equal.

But Genius is Always Above The Age."

If you criticise Billy Blake again I shall be forced to put you on ignore. But then 'opposition is true friendship'. :)

apech yes, that is a better and more complete quote. and genius is always above the age. i agree with billy blake there.

but still the age of renaissance had , hmm let me think, hard , hmm how about this chap?

all things being equal, ok