silas

Wirathu: The Face Of Buddhist Terrorism

dalai-lama.jpg

this picture is very interesting, because the saffron and burgundy robes prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that HH is Buddhist and not Jewish. But he's actually talking to reptilian shapeshifters on that headpiece, so look out. (Buddhists call them nagas FYI!) Conclusive proof right there shabooya

• Like 1

you cannot be Christian and Buddhist as Buddhism denies a creator god and teaches emptiness and dependent origination. However ethically in terms of compassion and so on there are similarlities ...in fact many suggest jesus was influenced by Buddhists either by travelling to Kashmir or via trade links down the silk route ...

Buddhist theology is complex, but I do believe there is a concept called the "super mind" that plays a role in the Buddhist theory of dependent origination and in afterlife. Human beings are bound to the Super-Mind. I believe there can be a way to map the Super-Mind to God and Buddha to Jesus. If true, then it is possible to almost seamlessly live as both Buddhist and Christian b/c many of the precepts in one can translate over to the other.

Although you will think I'm being an asshole for saying this, believe me - I am quite serious.

The Dalai Lama has been accused of teaching syncretic Buddhism. If it's true, then he is Buddhist in name only.

If this is true, it affects all your cultivation. If you follow the Dalai Lama, you could be slowly converting to Christianity.

Is this pure speculation? I think not. I didn't draw that picture. While he is admired for his fight for Tibetan independence, more than a few think he has lost the way.

This Dalai Lama has probably done more to promote Buddhist concepts to more people than any other Buddhist teacher on record since Gautama, in that sense he will probably go down in the history books as one of the truly great figures of Buddhist history. I would go to see him in person and receive his teachings while he is still alive if I were you and see for yourself what he is teaching, I can assure you you wont come back a Christian

• Like 3

Buddhist theology is complex, but I do believe there is a concept called the "super mind" that plays a role in the Buddhist theory of dependent origination and in afterlife. Human beings are bound to the Super-Mind. I believe there can be a way to map the Super-Mind to God and Buddha to Jesus. If true, then it is possible to almost seamlessly live as both Buddhist and Christian b/c many of the precepts in one can translate over to the other.

Jackie-Chan-Meme-500x280.jpg

Buddhist theology is complex, but I do believe there is a concept called the "super mind" that plays a role in the Buddhist theory of dependent origination and in afterlife. Human beings are bound to the Super-Mind. I believe there can be a way to map the Super-Mind to God and Buddha to Jesus. If true, then it is possible to almost seamlessly live as both Buddhist and Christian b/c many of the precepts in one can translate over to the other

maybe youre thinking of big mind in zen. thats not god.

nor is buddha another jesus. radically different.

many concepts overlap and many do not at all. most key concepts, from a pedantic point of view, do not.

Edited by konchog uma

Buddhist theology is not complex ... it is non existent because theology means the study of God and Buddhist do not acknowledge a creator God (while they may accept divine beings they are not supreme or able to liberate beings). I think you are very confused. I really can't say any more than that.

Buddhist theology is not complex ... it is non existent because theology means the study of God and Buddhist do not acknowledge a creator God

With due respect Apech, the Merriam-Webster definition of theology includes "the study of religious faith, practice, and experience".

The definition of religion essentially = 'any strong belief system,' so therefore even atheism could be defined as a religion, even though they say they aren't religious...they still have a strong belief system that pertains to notions of life, and afterlife, so.....

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Religion = a set of beliefs

Buddhism = letting go of beliefs

As Apech implied,...not very complex.

As for Songtsan,...yes, for the most part, atheism is a set of beliefs that no god(s) exist, and thus a religion. Although atheists will argue the point. As Buddhism does not consider god at all, by definition they are not atheists.

IMO, atheists are among the most brainwashed beings on the planet. They believe the Object-ive world is real. I generally consider atheists as having zero chance for awareness in this life, whereas I see theists as having a .4% chance.

where did you get that definition of religion?

anywhere online - wikipedia, in various dictionaries - not necessarily the first definition, but its there.

Religion = a set of beliefs

Buddhism = letting go of beliefs

As Apech implied,...not very complex.

As for Songtsan,...yes, for the most part, atheism is a set of beliefs that no god(s) exist, and thus a religion. Although atheists will argue the point. As Buddhism does not consider god at all, by definition they are not atheists.

IMO, atheists are among the most brainwashed beings on the planet. They believe the Object-ive world is real. I generally consider atheists as having zero chance for awareness in this life, whereas I see theists as having a .4% chance.

I used to be an atheist, but not for long...lol

I think Buddhism could both be defined as a religion, and as not a religion..it all depends on how one defines religion. Of course going around defining things, and arguing about the definitions is a huge waste of time...but here I am doing it - enough waste of time - I am going to get back to making silly jokes now.

Edited by Songtsan

anywhere online - wikipedia, in various dictionaries - not necessarily the first definition, but its there.

I looked online but couldn't find that one

re·li·gion

/riˈlijən/

Noun

1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Details of belief as taught or discussed.

Synonyms

faith - belief - creed - denomination

Religion IS Belief...belief IS Feeling, Feeling is Being..every person in the world is religious!

There is a view that Mohammed never existed.

There is a view that you never existed. It is called 'sunyata'. It's a Buddhist term.

:)

Vmarco, on 27 Jun 2013 - 07:46, said:

and it's now time to purge the Country of this disease. I personally like to see the religion of the pedophile Prophet removed from all of Asia,...and along with Judeao-Christianity, obliterated from the world.

i implore the moderation team to not allow this racial/religious hate speech and fantasies of ethnic cleansing.

I agree. I find Vmarco's statement offensive and hateful. We are not here to incite religious wars or spread ignorance.

I agree. I find Vmarco's statement offensive and hateful. We are not here to incite religious wars or spread ignorance.

I find Moderate's offensive,...I also find dishonesty offensive.

Sam Harris said, "Many religious moderates have taken the apparent high road of pluralism, asserting the equal validity of all faiths, but in doing so they neglect to notice the irredeemably sectarian truth claims of each. As long as a Christian believes that only his baptized brethren will be saved on the Day of Judgment, he cannot possibly “respect” the beliefs of others

While moderation in religion may seem a reasonable position to stake out, in light of all that we have (and have not) learned about the universe, it offers no bulwark against religious extremism and religious violence. From the perspective of those seeking to live by the letter of the texts, the religious moderate is nothing more than a failed fundamentalist."

In my opinion, faith-based, Moderate, Western media bias, especially that which is fueled by Saudi money, should be confronted,...forcefully.

Sam Harris wrote, “Moderates do not want to kill anyone in the name of God, but they want us to keep using the word God as though we knew what we were talking about. They do not want anything too critical said about people who really believe in the god of their fathers because tolerance, perhaps above all else, is sacred. To speak plainly and truthfully about the state of our world—to say, for instance, that the Bible and the Koran both contain mountains of life-destroying gibberish—is antithetical to tolerance as moderates currently conceive it. However, we can no longer afford the luxury of such political correctness. We must finally recognize the price that we are paying to maintain the iconography of our ignorance.”

I personally like Bhutan's strategy of keeping it out the problems like are going on in Myanmar. Bhutan is tolerant of all religions but does not permit proselytizing. The constitution upholds freedom of belief (the delusion of one's choice). It does, however, recognize the importance of Bhutan’s Buddhist heritage to its cultural identity.

As for the allegation of inciting a religious war,...I feel I'm in good (and timely) company.

Shakyamuni Buddha predicted that a holy war would take place among humanity. Many say this war is near. A worldwide inner battle, and subsequent outer one, advancing an age of authentic spiritual consciousness. They say that the days of the Abrahamic meme-plex are numbered. Could the virus of Christianity and Islam be consigned to the back walls of museums in our generation?

The Kalachakra initiation is a confirmation, an affirmation and a pledge to support the Shambhala war and to participate in the co-creation of peace on earth—a genuine peace that will reveal Shambhala. This is not a symbolic war, but an inner spiritual battle that will project to the outer. The inner always projects to the outer, and the outer is always a mirror image of the inner. The initiation is a commitment of true compassion that arises from the vow to liberate all sentient beings from their attachment to sentience,....not tolerating beliefs and continuing suffering.

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 2

"Compassion is not so much feeling sorry for somebody, feeling that you are in a better place and somebody is in a worse place. Compassion is not having any hesitation to reflect your light on things. As light has no hesitation, no inhibition about reflecting on things, it does not discriminate whether to reflect on a pile of shit or on a pile of rock or on a pile of diamonds. It reflects on everything it faces." Chögyam Trungpa

• Like 1

FYI, i already reported it yesterday and haven't got any message back. Sorry to undermine your rant :P

Thank you for your Moderate view.

The benignity of most religious moderates does not suggest that religious faith is anything more sublime than a desperate marriage of hope and ignorance, nor does it guarantee that there is not a terrible price to be paid for limiting the scope of reason in our dealings with other human beings. Religious moderation, insofar as it represents an attempt to hold on to what is still serviceable in orthodox religion, closes the door to more sophisticated approaches to spirituality, ethics, and the building of strong communities. Religious moderates seem to believe that what we need is not radical insight and innovation in these areas but a mere dilution of Iron Age philosophy. Sam Harris

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Thank you for your Moderate view.

The benignity of most religious moderates does not suggest that religious faith is anything more sublime than a desperate marriage of hope and ignorance, nor does it guarantee that there is not a terrible price to be paid for limiting the scope of reason in our dealings with other human beings. Religious moderation, insofar as it represents an attempt to hold on to what is still serviceable in orthodox religion, closes the door to more sophisticated approaches to spirituality, ethics, and the building of strong communities. Religious moderates seem to believe that what we need is not radical insight and innovation in these areas but a mere dilution of Iron Age philosophy. Sam Harris

I think Vmarco is doing fine in pretty Thailand...he is just expressing himself as his Evilgenius Self..which is about the size of a grain of sand. His heart is full of molten gold.

Edited by Songtsan

I think Vmarco is doing fine in pretty Thailand...he is just expressing himself as his Evilgenius Self..which is about the size of a grain of sand. His heart is full of molten gold.

My housekeeper is a refuge from the Myanmar highlands.

theology (n.)

mid-14c., from Old French theologie "philosophical treatment of Christian doctrine" (14c.), from Latin theologia, from Greek theologia "an account of the gods," from theologos "one discoursing on the gods," from theos "god" (see Thea) + -logos "treating of."

...just for clarity ... theology is discourse on the nature of god(s) ...

My housekeeper is a refuge from the Myanmar highlands.

you still are supposed to hire me as your butler so I can come live in Thailand, don't forget!