Marblehead

A Simple Fact

Hi All,

Today is Memorial Day in the United States. It is the day we recognize and remember those who have fallen in battle for our nation.

The simple fact is, we, here in the US have much more freedom than do the people of most other nations. This is based in the root philosophy of our Founding Fathers.

Sure, I complain a lot about those things that I see as "wrong" with my country. But then, I would still fight for the right to be able to complain without fear of detention or death.

I think that Memorial Day can be used to remember all those from the many countries around the world who have fallen in battle in defense of freedom.

As long as there are nations there will be wars. And there will always be those who go into battle. Some of those will fall in battle. If they fell in defense of your freedom then you owe then someting, if nothing more than a silent "Thank You".

May peace one day exist everywhere on this planet.

Have a great day.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 4

Memorial day for me is a day to remember the freedoms we used to have that have been suspended for the war on terror.

1st amendment rights no longer exist.

(Speech, assembly, press)

4th amendment rights no longer exist.

(Unlawful search and seizure)

5th amendment rights no longer exist.

(Habeas Corpus, due process)

6th amendment rights no longer exist.

(Right to trial by jury, speedy trial, public trial, counsel)

7th amendment rights no longer exist

(Trial by jury in federal court)

8th amendment rights no longer exist.

(Cruel, unusual punishment)

10th amendment rights no longer exist.

(Powers not specifically given to the Federal government are reserved to the states or individual)

• Like 4

While it's true we have more freedom than starving African children do, we are fast approaching China and Russia in terms of human rights.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Sure, I complain a lot about those things that I see as "wrong" with my country. But then, I would still fight for the right to be able to complain without fear of detention or death.

Hear hear!

I think many people in American society have lost sight of the idea that you can be "critical" of something but still support it.

It's not unpatriotic to critically examine what your country is doing! Not that I want to speak for any founders of the nation, but I'm pretty sure the whole idea is that it's unpatriotic NOT to be critical.....

• Like 2

As soon as you step on private property you are not protected by the bill of rights - corporations though are legally people and so protected by bill of rights.

haha.

I've been arrested over six times protesting against U.S. imperialism.

Bring it on! My dad's friend was a federal judge but the federal appeals courts are without ury trial by peers - closed door decisions favoring corporate rule.

I was threatened with arrest for reading in a mall during my work break - why? I was sitting where there was good reading light instead of on one of the benches. haha.

If you're a customer then you might get some respect -- consumers might have some rights but usually when you sign a purchase agreement you sign away all rights also - instead you get forced mediation by the corporation and you can't sue, etc.

Water is now being privatized. Human genes are now patented -- without human knowledge.

I discovered this fake Asthma study at the U of MN - for people that were nonwhite. I even interviewed the researchers who bragged to me that they were selling the blood cells of the nonwhites to corporations to patent them.

Soon after someone broke into that lab and stole the blood. haha. It was reported in the news and the article just said they couldn't figure out why anyone would do this.

Idiots! haha. Mind-controlled idiots.

Bill of rights is a joke!

I fell asleep in a public bathroom of the University where I was an alumni. I was in full lotus on the toilet - snoring. It was during break - someone called the cops and they raided the bathroom.

I asked if I was being arrested and I was told yes. I was put in the squad car and given a conviction for trespassing - no court trial at all!!

I was told I could not be on campus for a year.

I looked up this conviction of trespassing without a trial and a judge had declared it unconstitutional but that didn't stop the cops for doing it. haha.

The real job of cops is to protect business.

Once I walked past a group of cops while I was carrying a protest sign. One of the cops grabbed my sign and tore up the sign.

I got his badge number to file a first amendment lawsuit but I didn't have any witnesses! Too bad.

One time cops in Chicago created a property line and said anyone crossing it would be arrested. Someone crossed it just to get arrested and so the cops changed their mind -- whatever the law is they decide. haha.

Meanwhile everyone was supposed to protest in the "free speech cage" where the mike is automatically turned off by the government -- I have never gone into this free speech cage before.

A friend of mine had his house raided by the cops and he was arrested - why? He was housing independent media there to cover the Republic National Convention in St. Paul.

Pre-arrests. -- For what? Independent media. haha.

That's called fascism.

Yeah I remember getting arrested for protesting the U.S. genocide in Iraq.

So the cops had us against the cop car, booking us and media showed up starting to set up a camera to film us. The sheriff went over, talked to the cameraman who then reversed his action, took down the camera before he started filming and then left.

haha. Mind-controlled media.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

While it's true we have more freedom than starving African children do, we are fast approaching China and Russia in terms of human rights.

http://www.aznlover.com/community/archive/index.php/t-63190.html

So the real question is what is the direct connection between our "freedom" and starving children in Africa?

Cargill: Our Taxes, Global Destruction!

MAR. 2, 2000 – EDITORIAL/OPINIONS

The largest private corporation in the world - that's the answer. I wrote the above investigation on them and protested at their headquarters in Minnesota.

I am reading all posts to this thread but will not be speaking to any of the comments in this thread.

My only goal was stated in the opening post.

I am reading all posts to this thread but will not be speaking to any of the comments in this thread.

My only goal was stated in the opening post.

taobums equivalent of, "IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING LALALA" :lol:

taobums equivalent of, "IM NOT LISTENING IM NOT LISTENING LALALA" :lol:

Nope. Not this time.

I have heard all the complaints before. I have made many of them myself.

But this is not, for me, a complaint thread. It was meant, and still is, to honor those who have given their all - given so that others can receive. Some receive more, some less. Sorry, all men are not created equal. Never have been. And we shouldn't even talk about the women, most of whom aren't even close to being equal.

Only those who have given their all, who have fallen trying to support what they believe in (and yes, some didn't) have given the ultimate.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

My great grandfather, died in WWI.

http://www.hmdb.org/Photos1/146/Photo146464o.jpg

My grandfather died soon after he returned from Iwo Jima, crippled and full of shrapnel.

My father did four tours in Vietnam with the navy in UDT before it became the seals

America after 2001 stopped being a free country, the freedoms all our service men and women have sacrificed life and limb for are gone.

We are no longer a free country, the bill of rights has been shredded.

In 2008 many looked to Obama as a savior who wouldn't rest until warrantless wiretapping, domestic spying, secret overseas torture camps and prisons, the patriot act, and all the other policies, laws etc that violate the bill of rights were repealed, removed, closed, ended etc.

That never happened, and it isn't going to happen, not in 2016, not in 2020, not in 2024, probably not ever.

Right now if labeled a terrorist you can be detained till death, tortured, killed via drone strike, deported to some torture camp overseas, your email, communications, cellphone, internet history, everything is free game. Your private property can be seized, you can be strip searched any time, home raided, anything, anytime, anywhere.

If you *** off the wrong official your gone.

No privacy, no right to life, liberty or happiness, no personal property rights, no nothing.

At this moment you are hamburger to be consumed if necessary.

That's the reality of what our country has become.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

As soon as you step on private property you are not protected by the bill of rights - corporations though are legally people and so protected by bill of rights.

haha.

I've been arrested over six times protesting against U.S. imperialism.

Bring it on! My dad's friend was a federal judge but the federal appeals courts are without ury trial by peers - closed door decisions favoring corporate rule.

I was threatened with arrest for reading in a mall during my work break - why? I was sitting where there was good reading light instead of on one of the benches. haha.

If you're a customer then you might get some respect -- consumers might have some rights but usually when you sign a purchase agreement you sign away all rights also - instead you get forced mediation by the corporation and you can't sue, etc.

Water is now being privatized. Human genes are now patented -- without human knowledge.

I discovered this fake Asthma study at the U of MN - for people that were nonwhite. I even interviewed the researchers who bragged to me that they were selling the blood cells of the nonwhites to corporations to patent them.

Soon after someone broke into that lab and stole the blood. haha. It was reported in the news and the article just said they couldn't figure out why anyone would do this.

Idiots! haha. Mind-controlled idiots.

Bill of rights is a joke!

I fell asleep in a public bathroom of the University where I was an alumni. I was in full lotus on the toilet - snoring. It was during break - someone called the cops and they raided the bathroom.

I asked if I was being arrested and I was told yes. I was put in the squad car and given a conviction for trespassing - no court trial at all!!

I was told I could not be on campus for a year.

I looked up this conviction of trespassing without a trial and a judge had declared it unconstitutional but that didn't stop the cops for doing it. haha.

The real job of cops is to protect business.

Once I walked past a group of cops while I was carrying a protest sign. One of the cops grabbed my sign and tore up the sign.

I got his badge number to file a first amendment lawsuit but I didn't have any witnesses! Too bad.

One time cops in Chicago created a property line and said anyone crossing it would be arrested. Someone crossed it just to get arrested and so the cops changed their mind -- whatever the law is they decide. haha.

Meanwhile everyone was supposed to protest in the "free speech cage" where the mike is automatically turned off by the government -- I have never gone into this free speech cage before.

A friend of mine had his house raided by the cops and he was arrested - why? He was housing independent media there to cover the Republic National Convention in St. Paul.

Pre-arrests. -- For what? Independent media. haha.

That's called fascism.

Yeah I remember getting arrested for protesting the U.S. genocide in Iraq.

So the cops had us against the cop car, booking us and media showed up starting to set up a camera to film us. The sheriff went over, talked to the cameraman who then reversed his action, took down the camera before he started filming and then left.

haha. Mind-controlled media.

One thing that really baffled me in my last days of being in the church was that I was THE ONLY person in my entire church who thought the invasion of Iraq was a bunch of crap. Well aside from the politics being bogus, I was bringing up the fact that Jesus never seemed to advocate such things, and this just made the other people in the church mad at me lol.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Today is Memorial Day in the United States. It is the day we recognize and remember those who have fallen in battle for our nation.

The simple fact is, we, here in the US have much more freedom than do the people of most other nations. This is based in the root philosophy of our Founding Fathers.

I think that Memorial Day can be used to remember all those from the many countries around the world who have fallen in battle in defense of freedom.

As long as there are nations the will be wars. And there will always be those who go into battle. Some of those will fall in battle. If they fell in defense of your freedom then you owe then someting, if nothing more than a silent "Thank You".

May peace one day exist everywhere on this planet.

Have a great day.

Marblehead,

Thanks for this post and this thread; it was very thoughtful of you and I agree with your words and am grateful.

As for the rest of you rude fucks, rather than take the opportunity to express your own words of gratitude for the service and lives lost and efforts of others - you chose to hijack this thread into your own personal soapboxes. There is a time and place for everything and apparantly basic manners are not part of your cultivation practice. Shame, that, and shame on you.

• Like 1

Considering I was in the military and deployed to a war zone and was around people who got blown up, I'll play my exempt card from that last statement :ph34r:

Considering I was in the military and deployed to a war zone and was around people who got blown up, I'll play my exempt card from that last statement :ph34r:

Thank you for your service. (-: I crewed on slicks in '73 & '74 - but never found that to be an exemption from courtesy towards others.

warm regards

Thank you for your service. (-: I crewed on slicks in '73 & '74 - but never found that to be an exemption from courtesy towards others.

warm regards

thanks, but I don't think I said anything that was not courteous :glare:

Well, Memorial Day is over. We can forget about all those who gave the ultimate for another year. Yeah, that's what we do, you know. Life is all about ME, Me, me.

Veterans Day will be coming around soon so Y'all can expect me to be saying something nice then too.

Oh, yeah, Thanksgiving isn't too far off.

And then there is Independence Day just around the corner.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. We have it all here in America. And let us not forget, there are many people putting everything on the line, even their life, for the chance of sneaking into America and becoming a part of something greater.

What is it?, ten million illegals from Mexico and other Central and South American countries? That's gotta' tell you something!

You want your own perfection? Go fight for it! But you had better leave my perfection alone. And yes, I will do my own complaining when the time is right.

Have a great day!

I would think it better to live in a fascist plutocratic oligarchy than abject poverty.

When our economy and currency crash worse than they did in the great depression, I don't think you'll see illegal immigrants so eager to jump the fence.

Well, Memorial Day is over. We can forget about all those who gave the ultimate for another year. Yeah, that's what we do, you know. Life is all about ME, Me, me.

Veterans Day will be coming around soon so Y'all can expect me to be saying something nice then too.

Oh, yeah, Thanksgiving isn't too far off.

And then there is Independence Day just around the corner.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. We have it all here in America. And let us not forget, there are many people putting everything on the line, even their life, for the chance of sneaking into America and becoming a part of something greater.

What is it?, ten million illegals from Mexico and other Central and South American countries? That's gotta' tell you something!

You want your own perfection? Go fight for it! But you had better leave my perfection alone. And yes, I will do my own complaining when the time is right.

Have a great day!

Corporations are not only free to cross borders but get a tax break for leaving the U.S.!

I know this personally as I used to be a legal secretary at the U of Minnesota for the Law school department - as a temp job.

One of the law professors was lecturing corporations on how to get tax breaks by moving to Mexico!!

So if corporations are legally people and corporations can freely cross the border then actual real people should be able to do the same.

It is true though that with the economy crashed workers have chosen to actually go back to their countries of origin.

1. www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5w1RgeTuCg
    Apr 28, 2013 - Uploaded by transitii
    Mexican immigrants return home as US economy struggles ... US Economy 2014 Collapse - *Peter Schiff ...
  2. www.chron.com/.../Bad-U-S-economy-sends-immigrants-back-home-16...‎
    Mar 28, 2009 – Bad U.S. economy sends immigrants back home. Reversing course for survival. As jobs in the U.S. dry up, immigrants return home to work for a ...
  3. www.videtteonline.com ›
    Oct 30, 2008 – Home > News > Archive > U.S. economy prompts some immigrants to ... thousands of Latin-American immigrants are returning home. ... "Even if our economy crashes, it seems like [Latin-American immigrants] would still be ...