Marblehead

A Simple Fact

Yes, but there is a difference between what happened in Germany and what is happening in America right now. The Germans, at that time, had their political freedom for such a very short time and it was actually forced upon them and the majority of people didn't know how to deal with that freedom.

We in the United States have had (supposedly) political freedom from day one. We should know better. But apparently we don't.

And you don't even see anything in the media about the IRS today. And that happened just a few days ago. Swept under the rug with a new crisis. What a short memory we Americans have!

• Like 1

It's very true, what scares me is how if you present facts and use reason, and show others they refuse to listen. Everyone is walking around in a state of denial.

My neighbors recently were raided by a swat team, and their animals were killed, and all they found was a small amount of marijuana, but they lost their home and face jail time over it, and they are painted as demons in the local news paper but I know they were good honest people who would never steal or harm anyone.

All it takes is one anonymous phone call from a pay phone to ruin someones life or at least their week.

All your communications are monitored 24x7 and records of everything are kept forever, so everything you've ever said is recorded and can be used against you if they wish it so.

They can take your private property and they never have to return it, strip search you anywhere for any reason, declare you an enemy and deport you to a secret prison, whatever they want, whenever they want for any reason they want.

People cannot allow themselves to believe this is true, if they are republican they blame the democrats, if they are democrats they blame the republicans, never realizing both parties support all of this lock, stock and barrel.

I don't hate America, but I feel cheated.

I was raised to believe I was free, we were the most free country on earth, that above all else we cherished.

I was proud of this, then slowly over the years I've grown to see the facade.

We are not better off in terms of freedom than Russia or China.

We are free to buy things if we can afford to, We are free to vote for two types of politician who support the exact same policies, those are our only freedoms remaining.

You point this out and you are a conspiracy nut, or you hate America, or whatever, but it is true.

It's not hard to see where this road leads to, it may take a lot longer than it did Germany because we are a frog that needs to be boiled much slower.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I don't hate America, but I feel cheated.

I hear what you are saying. It should go without saying that I love America. What is gradually happening isn't going to effect me too much because I am so old. I won't last forever, you know. But I do feel sorry for the younger generations. They will never see the freedom I saw when I was growing up. But, as I have said before, it are the younger generations to make the changes they feel my country needs. If they don't see the need for change then the government will continue to do what it is doing now.

today i watched the film from 1933 Golddiggers , i realize this is b4 ya'lls time, even mh's hehe

but it is timeless, deep, and profound. i didnt expect anything like what i watched at the many insights this movie shares.

it gives its views on the 1%

about state censorship, this was the last pre-code movie made in hollywood

and has alot of good ol american real life soft sin tones all thru-out the film.

i coulda brought this up in several of our threads here in off topic

but why i place it here is the final scene of Golddiggers it is Forgotten Man

it is a tribute to and commentary delivered thru a very artistic german impressionism of the WW1 vets and showed how society and our govt dealt with them when they returned home.

inspired by the 1932 march of veterans on washington dc

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

seems like a good thread to mention that next week is the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg

(kind of a big deal)

Gettysburg

Edited by zerostao

You were probably removed from the list because you were already collecting a pension from the revolutionary war.

• Like 2