Marblehead

A Simple Fact

When our economy and currency crash worse than they did in the great depression, I don't think you'll see illegal immigrants so eager to jump the fence.

the drop in illegal immigration was already documented before some fools up and started talking about amnesty...again, after we were told that if we only did it that last time, it would never ever need to be done again - and still nothing about actually keeping the borders secure. so that gave the illegal rush a bit more steam than it otherwise would have right now.

so basically, the borders, like most other laws, are for the law abiding, and the punishments - largely only for the law abiding also.

and if legislators didnt codify the ability for large corporations to do as they please and move their money around so as to have the least tax burden possible - then nobody would be sitting here bitching about "corporations not paying their fair share" - as usual, the law abiding amongst us are the ones paying for the scam - codified into law by our legislators, given further thumbs up from "justices," taken advantage of and greased further by those that already do it,

but then nobody looks at how congress screws the people with this stuff - we just get "hey, this guy is going to push his right wing christian agenda on you if you vote for him" or "I will fight against I mean for you if you vote for me" and the left-right continues while the up-down is ignored.

so speaking of "justices" - the only reason "corporations are people" is because they were really only giving the same money spending on politics abilities to corporations that the unions already have - so the rational thing would have been to take such ability away from the unions, of course - but since those in power are rather beholden to them, they damn sure werent going to do that, so they had to toss it off in the other direction and say let's spend billions upon billions just to try and convince people one way or another of the left-right - so another lay of obfuscations away from the up-down, totalitarian-anarchy.

Edited by joeblast

corn to be dumped into Mexico, driving many Mexican corn farmers to migrate to the U.S. ... Midland, Bunge and Cargill) control 90% of the global grain trade.

Cargill is the world's largest private corporation -- based in MInnesota - and the real cause of Mexicans moving to the U.S.

The devastation of Mexican corn farmers due to NAFTA most sharply exemplifies the horrifying effects of these policies. After NAFTA eliminated Mexican quotas for corn, artificially-priced U.S. corn flooded the market. U.S. agribusinesses typically dump corn on the Mexican market at prices 30 percent below the cost of production. Before NAFTA, Mexico only imported about 2.5 million tons of corn per year. In 2001, they imported over 6 million tons of corn. The price of Mexican corn fell 70 percent. Millions of small family corn farmers have been left without a source of income, and have been forced to abandon their communities in search of a way to feed their families. The bedrock of traditional Mexican rural life, corn farming families, have been torn apart by NAFTA.

http://www.globalexchange.org/resources/wto/agriculture

The U.S. consumer price index for food rose by 22 percent between 1994 and 2002. While Mexican farmers now earn 70 percent less for their corn, they pay 50 percent more for tortillas....In 2002, an average of 600 Mexicans were forced off their land each day. Annually now 500,000 Mexicans per year attempt to cross the U.S.-Mexico border to find a way to feed their families.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

When our economy and currency crash worse than they did in the great depression, I don't think you'll see illegal immigrants so eager to jump the fence.

Yeah, shortly after this last disaster it was reported that some Mexicans were returning to Mexico on their own because they couldn't find work.

I should point out here that I am not upset with the illegals. I would likely do the same thing if I were in their shoes. I would go to extremes to get out of a situation where the only direction I could go is down.

I truely am a cosmopolitan but because to world is sepatared into nations I must call myself an American.

I know this personally as I used to be a legal secretary at the U of Minnesota for the Law school department - as a temp job.

Nice to know that you are so fully qualified in corporate tax law. Just think, you could get a job as senior CPA and become a millionaire almost overnight.

Hehehe. Sorry. I just couldn't resist that smart-ass response.

Anyone from Latin America can call themselves American. haha.

But people from the U.S. are called Gringos - meaning GREEN GO.

Stop U.S. military from invading and controlling Latin Amercia.

http://www.yachana.org/teaching/resources/interventions.html

Why all these U.S. invasions of Latin America?

To protect U.S. corporations so they can raid and pillage the resources for cheap export back to the U.S.

That doesn't even include Operation Condor -- a Nazi-CIA military training program of mass killing and torture across Latin America.

The CIA’s “Operation Condor”: Dirty War, Death Squads and The Disappeared

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-cias-operation-condor-dirty-war-death-squads-and-the-disappeared/5327003

Cargill is the world's largest private corporation -- based in MInnesota - and the real cause of Mexicans moving to the U.S.

Could it be because Americans are too freakin' lazy to do the work the Mexicans do?

Anyone from Latin America can call themselves American. haha.

That is true and I respect that. Canadians could too but they don't want to. They are proud to be what they are. (Well, except for a few of the French ones. They still want to have a French-America.)

Nice to know that you are so fully qualified in corporate tax law. Just think, you could get a job as senior CPA and become a millionaire almost overnight.

Hehehe. Sorry. I just couldn't resist that smart-ass response.

http://newslines.org/wiki/fact-checks/are-there-tax-breaks-for-u-s-companies-that-move-jobs-overseas/

Barack Obama has consistently claimed that U.S. companies receive tax benefits for moving U.S. jobs overseas.

In October, 2011 President Obama wanted action on a stalled Senate Bill that would end tax credits and tax deferrals for companies with overseas operations. Obama blamed Republicans for blocking bills that would take away tax breaks for U.S. corporations that move jobs to subsidiaries in other countries. Republicans in Congress, he said, “have consistently fought to keep these corporate loopholes open.” In the last four years, he said that “Republicans in the House voted 11 times to continue rewarding corporations that create jobs and profits overseas — a policy that costs taxpayers billions of dollars every year” in revenue lost to the U.S. Treasury.

According to The Huffington Post however, some Democrats feared that ending the tax help could put the United States at a competitive disadvantage. The president acknowledged that “a lot of companies that do business internationally make an important contribution to our economy.” But he said “there’s no reason why our tax code should actively reward them for creating jobs overseas.”

Yeah my dad was the assistant attorney general of Minnesota and then a corporate civil attorney in the largest law firm in the Midwest - a senior partner for over twenty years. So he said -- no matter what - don't become a lawyer. haha.

Why all these U.S. invasions of Latin America?

To protect U.S. corporations so they can raid and pillage the resources for cheap export back to the U.S.

Yep. But as long as we keep consuming what the corporations previde we are giving them the go-ahead to continue to do what they are doing. The consumer has more power than they know they have but they are unwilling to give up the "good life" in order to make things better for everyone. It's all about "What's in it for me?"

Could it be because Americans are too freakin' lazy to do the work the Mexicans do?

See Cargill - oh you didn't read my op-ed on Cargill?

http://www.aznlover.com/community/archive/index.php/t-63190.html

farmworkers in the U.S. are controlled by Cargill -- and so now Cargill is destroying the farms of Mexico.

The seasonal jobs of migrant workers used to be done by the "Hobos" of the U.S. --

It is slave labor in the U.S.

Politics of the Plate: Florida’s Slave Trade

Government inaction may help explain why the tomato fields of the Sunshine State are fertile ground for forced labor.

http://www.gourmet.com/foodpolitics/2009/03/politics-of-the-plate-tomato-slaves-follow-up

CASENOTE: Buying the Farm: The Eighth Circuit Declares South Dakota's Anti-Corporate Farming Amendment Violates the Dormant Commerce Clause: South Dakota Farm Bureau v. Hazeltine 1

Yeah my dad was the assistant attorney general of Minnesota and then a corporate civil attorney in the largest law firm in the Midwest - a senior partner for over twenty years. So he said -- no matter what - don't become a lawyer. haha.

Yes, I was already aware of the info in the article.

Well, it is a very stressful job. Most die of heart attacks, not common old age.

So what are you going to be when you grow up? Hehehe.

Yep. But as long as we keep consuming what the corporations previde we are giving them the go-ahead to continue to do what they are doing. The consumer has more power than they know they have but they are unwilling to give up the "good life" in order to make things better for everyone. It's all about "What's in it for me?"

The difference is structural -- a consumer is just one person with little power but if the law of a corporation can be changed it affects millions and even billions of people.

So for example there was a family farm protection law for South Dakota.

My dad's friend was a federal judge and he ruled the law was unconstitutional based on the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

See the people who wrote the Constitution like James Jay - they were old school aristocrats against real democracy!!

So the Commerce Clause is the real escape clause of the U.S. constitution!!

And so because my dad's friend - in a closed door ruling - wrote the administrative ruling - that means Cargill can now directly OWN farms in the Midwest - I think it's district nine of the U.S.

nope eighth district court

https://litigation-essentials.lexisnexis.com/webcd/app?action=DocumentDisplay&crawlid=1&doctype=cite&docid=11+Mo.+Envtl.+L.+%26+Pol%27y+Rev.+184&srctype=smi&srcid=3B15&key=c3225905a3f8e1306d178943c3321f9d

CASENOTE: Buying the Farm: The Eighth Circuit Declares South Dakota's Anti-Corporate Farming Amendment Violates the Dormant Commerce Clause: South Dakota Farm Bureau v. Hazeltine 1

See Cargill - oh you didn't read my op-ed on Cargill?

http://www.aznlover.com/community/archive/index.php/t-63190.html

farmworkers in the U.S. are controlled by Cargill -- and so now Cargill is destroying the farms of Mexico.

The seasonal jobs of migrant workers used to be done by the "Hobos" of the U.S. --

It is slave labor in the U.S.

Politics of the Plate: Florida’s Slave Trade

Government inaction may help explain why the tomato fields of the Sunshine State are fertile ground for forced labor.

http://www.gourmet.com/foodpolitics/2009/03/politics-of-the-plate-tomato-slaves-follow-up

WoW! You sure do have a big bone to pick. You do know that all the stress you are giving yourself is for nothing. You can't change the way societies have allowed the world to evolve. I think that the best we can do is to keep from being a part of it as much as possible without causing ourself undue stress and discomfort.

http://www.ilsr.org/rule/corporate-ownership-limitations/2021-2/

So I went out to dinner with this federal judge and my place of work had filed an Amicus Curae to the case - so probably some kind of ethics violation that I was with the judge before he wrote the ruling.

But he mind was ALREADY made up!! He was schooled on the corporate "free market" lies.

The difference is structural -- a consumer is just one person with little power but if the law of a corporation can be changed it affects millions and even billions of people.

But if the consumers band together they become an over-whelming force. It has happened in the past. It could happen again.

Yes, it would be unconstitutiuonal to forbid an organization from owning land.

WoW! You sure do have a big bone to pick. You do know that all the stress you are giving yourself is for nothing. You can't change the way societies have allowed the world to evolve. I think that the best we can do is to keep from being a part of it as much as possible without causing ourself undue stress and discomfort.

Do you realize how much change I've already made? haha

http://www.mndaily.com/1999/09/23/labor-rights-activists-canvas-coffman?page=1

But if the consumers band together they become an over-whelming force. It has happened in the past. It could happen again.

Yes, it would be unconstitutiuonal to forbid an organization from owning land.

haha -- you confuse "free association of people" with a corporation!!

You are saying corporations are protected by the bill of rights!!

That is only true due to a corrupt judge right after the civil war.

http://www.ilsr.org/rule/corporate-ownership-limitations/2021-2/

So I went out to dinner with this federal judge and my place of work had filed an Amicus Curae to the case - so probably some kind of ethics violation that I was with the judge before he wrote the ruling.

But he mind was ALREADY made up!! He was schooled on the corporate "free market" lies.

Hehehe. Yes, your dinner date could have been a conflict of interests.

"Free Market"? There never has been one of those in the US of A. Government has always had its fingers in the pie.

Think about what I'm

Hehehe. Yes, your dinner date could have been a conflict of interests.

"Free Market"? There never has been one of those in the US of A. Government has always had its fingers in the pie.

Cargill got started by a secret deal with the bank through their mutual Freemason membership.

No government involvement!!

The government is controlled by corporations.

The government is supposed to be a free association of people - an organization.

There was a movement of cooperatives of family farms - that is what created the family farm protection laws.

One man -- a federal judge - who follows corporate-funded think tanks - who get massive amount of corporate welfare passes a law that overturns the will of the family farm cooperatives.

Do you realize that 10% of the farms in the U.S. receive over 80% of the farm subsidies?

Most family farmers only get $900 a year in subsidies.

So the distribution corporations control the price paid to the farmers - and Cargill has no government oversight but Cargill works directly with the CIA!!!!

Okay. Is there anything I can do to help fix the problems?

(But really, I have to get back to work now [at my pond areas] so I will talk with you later.)

400 people have more wealth than half the population of the United States. That's 400 people with wealth equal to 150 million!
Sadly there are people who support this and say these are "good, hard working people who earned their money." Not so much.

http://useyourbrains.blogspot.com/2011/03/400-vs-150-million.html

So who's lazy?

the 400 people who have the same wealth as 150,000,000 people?

Or are the 150,000,000 people lazy?

C'mon - you're totally brainwashed!!

Mind-controlled by the onslaught of corporate propaganda.

You know that all those slick ads on t.v. are tax deductions?

That means the more ads = more corporate welfare and less tax money for our education!!

That's how the corporate elite likes it.

You know that the FAIRness clause of news was made illegal by Ronald Reagan?

That means "news" is just corporate advertising!!

Even public radio is now controlled by corporate mind control advertising.

Over the last three decades, and particularly over the last ten years, there has been a

significant expansion of private representation in Washington, DC. In 2009, politically

active organizations reported $3.47 billion on direct lobbying expenses, up from $1.44

billion reported just ten years prior,1 and, controlling for inflation, almost seven times the

estimated $200 million in lobbying expenses in 1983.2 Approximately 14,000

organizations are now listed in the Washington Representatives directory, double the

approximately 7,000 listed organizations in 1981. 3 The number of pages in the lobbying

directory quadrupled between 1981 and 2008, going from 531 to 2,154.

Consistently, almost half of these organizations in Washington represent business, and

more than a third of them have consistently been individual corporations. Roughly 70

percent of the money is spent on behalf of groups representing business. By the numbers,

business dominates the ranks of interests represented in Washington.4 (Schattschneider

1960; Schlozman and Tierney 1986; Baumgartner and Leech 2001).

http://www.leedrutman.com/uploads/2/3/0/1/2301208/business_of_america_is_lobbying.pdf

So much for your "big government" lies

Controlling for

inflation, between 1998 and 2008 lobbying expenditures5 increased faster than various

measures of government size and activity (Figure 1). The federal budget is a little bigger

(up 38 percent), there is a bit more legislation (43 percent more bills), and the annual

number of pages in the Federal Register has increased slightly (18 percent more pages,

though the number of final rules has been declining – down 22 percent). But lobbying

expenditures have increased by 77 percent, and the growth appears to be accelerating.

The only thing growing about government is corporate welfare!!!!

Well, Memorial Day is over. We can forget about all those who gave the ultimate for another year. Yeah, that's what we do, you know. Life is all about ME, Me, me.

Yeah because my desire to not have innocent children's faces blown off in the middle east and my desire to not lose my little sister to the army and my big sister to the conflict in israel is definitely all about me.

i should just shut up and never criticize war and just get over the thought of two of my family members potentially dying.

i'm just an immature little kid because i am not scared of terrorists i have never even met.

Yeah, whatever gets you to sleep at night.

• Like 1

So who's lazy?

WoW! You've got it bad. Better find some medicine to cure that sickness.

I worked on a farm picking veggies when I was a kid. It is hard work with little pay. I know what I'm talking about.

I won't argue the down-side of Corporate America. I argue you position but not nearly as heated because I know that I can do nothing about it. If the youth of America want change it is they who must make the changes or cause the changes to happen.

But don't be messing with what is mine. I worked very hard for what I have.