Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

How to clear Gao Hung, the "cavern under the heart" ?

Greetings dear ones,

I have a question regarding the "cavern under the heart" which is also known as Gao Hung.

And this is simple: How to clear it?

My most dominant energy center is that of my solar plexus in combination with my navel. It is active very frequently. In the beginning of most meditations, especially in the morning, I feel like my breath is stuck at my navel or inbetween my navel and my solar plexus. With propper breathing and letting go of old thought patterns it slowly releases and everything gets really soft.

This hyper-activity is also the reason why I often can not meditate in the morning until late afternoon or best at night. Either it is really My Personal Energy Center that is active all the time or I simply feel the energy centers of everyone around my IN Myself and hence identifying with this feeling all the time. Rather loud neighborhood and family members, cars and so forth. I strive for clarity.

I have days like today where I feel like my Chi is stuck at this particular region: Gao Hung, directly below the heart. This is also why I often feel my heart very rarely. Altho I am open towards other people and was honestly told by my master that I already have the majority of beneficial attributes of the heart center integrated in my very being. I am mostly just not feeling my heart and I want to, as a more profound anker-point and compass in my life.

With what technique do I clear the Gao Hung, the "cavern under the heart"?

Anyones constructive reply is most welcome and very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

If you focus on mental clarity, focus, virtue, wisdom; the chi will sort itself out. So I advise making mind and behaviour the real priority, and only doing a little chi stuff to speed things up.

• Like 1

More outward practice than inward?

How is focusing on the mind 'outward'? I don't understand why people obsess over chi so much when it's a form thing and enlightenment is formless, and it's not possible to fully develop chi when mental hindrances are obstructing its flows anyway. Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1

see my posts on breath mechanics. release the diaphragm. in fact if you do a progressive relaxation exercise concerning the area, that's one of the structures to get at, especially at the xiphoid process. learn to breathe deep into the abdomen by utilizing the other end of the diaphragm - there's a bit of adjacent overlap with the diaphragm and psoas. from that junction, descend. bottom rear of the diaphragm is key. work on the timing of breath. remind yourself to release the front. good diaphragm motion like that will be less stressful, it will move past the aorta and vena cava more smoothly, the heart eventually gets to a light shining buoyancy.

also good to stretch the area, so in the morning when things are stiff like that, inhale a third of the way and hold it, arch the back and "stick your sternum out" then consciously descend the abdomen, it should pull a bit - then relax. do that a few times then move on to a little time "programming breath mechanics" - you can do that any time, really.

do some shaking/standing perhaps, also. normal zhan zhuang posture and move the knees forward and back 2-3 inches, elbows slightly pointing out, that will help loosen the joints and then even finish it off with the breath-stretch I described above.

pick up some ear plugs, too ;)

• Like 1

Prostrate 100 times each morning towards the sun with total surrender mind set.

I'm not certain this would clear Gao Hung. But it'll surely help.

• Like 2

I actually had an experience like this a couple weeks ago. I was doing mindfuless meditation and noticed this hard knot in my solar plexus area. I just kept awareness on it for a good long while and simply observed it and gradually it began to disolove.

The challenge is about a vigilance to always moderate for the conditions of others for the sake of personal freedom for ones own heart. If I say "I want to feel my heart" and Heart is the only "I", then who has made a request?

see my posts on breath mechanics. release the diaphragm. in fact if you do a progressive relaxation exercise concerning the area, that's one of the structures to get at, especially at the xiphoid process. learn to breathe deep into the abdomen by utilizing the other end of the diaphragm - there's a bit of adjacent overlap with the diaphragm and psoas. from that junction, descend. bottom rear of the diaphragm is key. work on the timing of breath. remind yourself to release the front. good diaphragm motion like that will be less stressful, it will move past the aorta and vena cava more smoothly, the heart eventually gets to a light shining buoyancy.

also good to stretch the area, so in the morning when things are stiff like that, inhale a third of the way and hold it, arch the back and "stick your sternum out" then consciously descend the abdomen, it should pull a bit - then relax. do that a few times then move on to a little time "programming breath mechanics" - you can do that any time, really.

do some shaking/standing perhaps, also. normal zhan zhuang posture and move the knees forward and back 2-3 inches, elbows slightly pointing out, that will help loosen the joints and then even finish it off with the breath-stretch I described above.

pick up some ear plugs, too ;)

Remarkable, most of what you have written I am incorporating already in my morning routine, not really consciously but you gave me now the approval that I just should do what I do more consciously to bring more emphasis in my practice. I'm doing my own style of QiGong and Breathing Exercises every morning. Right after I wake up I must do two exercises for stability, because I am working parallely on my fallen arches/flat foot. And one of these two is in a chair pose, which stretches my core pretty well. The feeling I get there each day is very uncomfortable and kind of stressful during the practice.

I will play around and incorporate what feels good to me. Thank you very much.

And.. ear plugs? I already did this but came to the conclusion, that it is better to change your mindset to a certain circumstance as fast as possible, before using such crutches like ear plugs and later have to learn "how to walk again". You get the idea :)

Prostrate 100 times each morning towards the sun with total surrender mind set.

I'm not certain this would clear Gao Hung. But it'll surely help.

I am practising Qi Gong towards the East and I am also Sun Gazing when ever the sky is clear in the morning. The Sun truely is a miracle in terms of what I do not yet understand about it's being but already feel how it changes My very being.

I actually had an experience like this a couple weeks ago. I was doing mindfuless meditation and noticed this hard knot in my solar plexus area. I just kept awareness on it for a good long while and simply observed it and gradually it began to disolove.

This "hard knot" is currently somewhere on the left side in my throat area and when I practice Astral Projection lumps Very Painful in the back of my head where this part of my body lies on a cushion. Regardless of the cushion's softness, after a certain point the pain gets unbearable and I have to stop. Either heavy metals which are waiting to be cleansed out of my system or of a psychic nature. I do not know yet. You did nothing else than watch?

Very much appreciated. My pleasure replying and sharing in this way

Edited by 4bsolute

Remarkable, most of what you have written I am incorporating already in my morning routine, not really consciously but you gave me now the approval that I just should do what I do more consciously to bring more emphasis in my practice. I'm doing my own style of QiGong and Breathing Exercises every morning. Right after I wake up I must do two exercises for stability, because I am working parallely on my fallen arches/flat foot. And one of these two is in a chair pose, which stretches my core pretty well. The feeling I get there each day is very uncomfortable and kind of stressful during the practice.

I will play around and incorporate what feels good to me. Thank you very much.

And.. ear plugs? I already did this but came to the conclusion, that it is better to change your mindset to a certain circumstance as fast as possible, before using such crutches like ear plugs and later have to learn "how to walk again". You get the idea :)

like with any crutch, to be used sparingly. if I'm pretty tired at night and irked by noise I have no problem using them. so also perhaps if you want to streamline your breath further, draw a good bath and lie back in it leaving your nose and eyes out of the water, now work at the breath until you cant hear it under water.

keep up the good work, many methods will do it so long as you stick with them. maybe also try guttural gyuto monk chant - find different frequencies that resonate better with the different areas, if you can go nice and deep then you can get the lower dt sympathetically vibrating. then in the resultant stillness after, investigate the blockages, release, dissolve. if...you know how to sorta direct force-of-yi at the lower dantien while keeping the solar plexus nice a light/empty...

Another crutch I use is mirror.

If I can't reach a particular area with Qi, tactile sense or awareness, I gaze at that area via a mirror. I think it's more powerful than gazing at it directly.

If that area isn't too blocked, a few minutes later, I can feel the sensation stiring. After a while, the muscle may start jumping around.

I also do mantra, mostly "OM", to help.

hi 4bsolute,

Backbands -- and lift legs up in succession . I was gonna make a therad on backbands , becouse they are soooo good .

Someone wrote sun salutation -- they are good too and open up the spine really well and fast for people who already practise .

Headstands , handstands , flips or just hanging upsidedown sometimes .

Breath in -- making sure stomach expands nicely , relaxed , feeling like slowly 'drinking' the air .

When lying down on the back putting hands upwards byside of hips , straight legs slightly apart pointing/arching feet straight as possible (like a ballet dancer foot ) , brushing energy down from navel/abdomen area . This is really good excersise .

Good luck !

Edited by suninmyeyes

hi 4bsolute,

Backbands -- and lift legs up in succession . I was gonna make a therad on backbands , becouse they are soooo good .

Someone wrote sun salutation -- they are good too and open up the spine really well and fast for people who already practise .

Headstands , handstands , flips or just hanging upsidedown sometimes .

Breath in -- making sure stomach expands nicely , relaxed , feeling like slowly 'drinking' the air .

When lying down on the back putting hands upwards byside of hips , straight legs slightly apart pointing/arching feet straight as possible (like a ballet dancer foot ) , brushing energy down from navel/abdomen area . This is really good excersise .

Good luck !

What did you by "backbands"?

Sign in to follow this