Sign in to follow this  
Cheshire Cat

This spring makes me mad!

yh today woke up feeling pretty mad...dunno why

I woke up to a purring kitty cat, and a kiss from the wife. its a little chilly out, but a good day for me :D

• Like 4

I woke up to a purring kitty cat, and a kiss from the wife. its a little chilly out, but a good day for me :D

you often make these kind of posts...just sayin

• Like 1

Good for joeblast... See what cultivation can do! :D

no these rub in your face kind of posts

Edited by sinansencer

Have you inquired why you receive his positive posts with negativity? I happened to smile and want to reflect back his joy. :)

because there is something wrong with me..

no because thats how i read the energy

bla im in a shit mood whatever i say is garbage just ignore

Have you inquired why you receive his positive posts with negativity? I happened to smile and want to reflect back his joy. :)

When the haves show off to the have nots, the havenots tend to get offended.

no these rub in your face kind of posts

definitely not how it was intended _/\_

• Like 2

Can't folks share their good times and not be considered as "show offs?"

Not in the presence of folks who are struggling to achieve good times.

It's an attack, a slap in the face. suggesting that we are invalid on account of your success. if you can do it, why cant we? it's not inspiring to see the end result, but to have a path to follow there.

Im not offended that y'all had a great morning. jealous, sure, but not offended that you're sharing it.

However, i can see clearly what is happening and how this is transpiring. i can feel sinan's pain as much as i can feel joe's pride.

NEITHER one is necessarily good OR bad, but interacting with each other, like chemicals in an experiment.

It's just that springtime increases two great physiological needs:

1) the need to fight (enhanced aggressiveness, killer instinct, desire for combat)

2) the need to mate (thinking at Queen Vagina all day looong)

No surprise that married joeblast people cannot feel springtime that much :D

heh :D I have plenty of things I can bitch about. I choose not to feel helpless about them. I choose not to let them dominate my thought process to the point they get me depressed.

your focus determines your reality. it is of course not the only variable in the determination of reality, but it is one that is of critical importance for how you yourself proceed with life.

cripes, if I let everything in my life get to me I would be long since dead. of course it is a struggle to overcome that. see no beauty, hear no beauty? only if one covers his eyes and plugs his ears to beauty in its myriad forms.

I will also encourage the "getting at the root of the issue" and not letting what side of the bed one wakes up on determine one's disposition for the day.

I noted my purring cat, my smiling wife waking me up with a kiss, as things of beauty that I choose to notice well and take to heart. I chose not to focus on how my back felt, my displeasure at the progression of the work environment I am in and wondering if my next review will actually be an honest one where my boss doesnt make up crap because he ran out of a decent rating # to give me so then needs to attempt to justify the bad #, or how that blister on top of a blister on my hand feels, or the fact that I have to go finish the lawn after work and put pressure on that blister again, etc, etc, etc.

one can trudge endlessly down that path. why would one walk it if they didnt have to? why does one feel the need to?

is there a problem with analyzing without becoming immersed in it? or is the problem the discriminating view on it that one is attached to?

such things are of course up to each of us to hash out for ourselves - but it helps to have others remind us that we have a measure of control over these things. we cant wave a wand and dismiss away our money problems, but we sure as hell can control our stress reaction and the resultant bath of stress hormones! :)

• Like 4

yesterday was the hottest day on weather record for this early in the year in Minnesota -

gotta go finish the deer fence so I can get the garden in.

• Like 1

curious, but if I continued, I would knowingly be derailing this thread ;)

http://www.startribune.com/sports/outdoors/blogs/207059731.html

In 30-plus years of fishing the mythical Minnesota walleye opener, I can safely say I've never seen ice on my favorite lakes this late in the season. It's been close a few years but never like this and, according to the record books, only a time or two like this in the last century.

-----------------------------------------------------

Minnesota, like much of the country is currently undergoing its own ‘little ice age’ with record late season snows (18″ in southeastern MN a week ago) and cold, and near record ice out dates on the State’s lakes. Lakes in the southern third of the State saw ice outs approaching new records and many lakes in the northern half of the state are still ice covered today.

“Lake Minnetonka” in the Mpls/St. Paul area finally saw ice out on May 2nd, which easily could have been extended to May 5th or 6th had the 18″ snowstorm moved about 40 miles to the West. The Freshwater Society history shows 134 years of ice out dates for Lake Minnetonka, going back to the mid 1800′s. Median ice out for Lake Minnetonka over the last 150+ years is April 14th. Only 3 years – 1856, 1857 and 1859 – saw later ice out dates than 2013.

---------------------------------------------

lake ice advancing and causing damage on lakefront homes...

yesterday was the hottest day on weather record for this early in the year in Minnesota -

gotta go finish the deer fence so I can get the garden in.

I'd happily lend a hand but my arms dont reach.

Joeblast, do you know the meme you presented in your spoiler is actually suggestive that relying on mechanical-thinking and timing is actually causing more harm to society than the "record breaking" ice?

Memes are arising as the mode of communication and soon, we will be understanding Einstein's laws of relativity with as little as blinking at each other. well, for example. not literally blinking but something just as subtle.

meme :lol: I presented data and an anecdote - it is what it is, I did not contradict what drew wrote, I merely said "curious" - not in disbelief, for it is entirely within the realm of possibility. you've read enough of my postings on the climate to know that I've said the jetstream has been doing a lot of funky things after the sunspot funk of 09-10, we just got 4 x class flares off the sun in the last 2 days, the interplanetary magnetic field pours down the field lines of the earth's and into the poles...its all related, man. its been 60 degrees the past few days here with frostings at night, now tomorrow its supposed to be 80. I'm going to leave my plants out, its actually not too bad out right now.

Don't get sad, get mad!

Sad is passive/defeated... mad is active... striving onwards!

After you have fun with that...

:D

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

meme :lol: I presented data and an anecdote - it is what it is, I did not contradict what drew wrote, I merely said "curious" - not in disbelief, for it is entirely within the realm of possibility. you've read enough of my postings on the climate to know that I've said the jetstream has been doing a lot of funky things after the sunspot funk of 09-10, we just got 4 x class flares off the sun in the last 2 days, the interplanetary magnetic field pours down the field lines of the earth's and into the poles...its all related, man. its been 60 degrees the past few days here with frostings at night, now tomorrow its supposed to be 80. I'm going to leave my plants out, its actually not too bad out right now.

You're missing the meme. i did not say you contradicted anything.

But if you examine your data closely, you should come to the same conclusion that i did: machines and records do not control the clock, the weather, or anything that they are affected by or reliant on. :lol: maybe im reading into something that's not there, but it seems like your blaming the ice and weather for the damage they are causing :lol: rather than the silly humans for taking their predictions for granted... :P

I'd happily lend a hand but my arms dont reach.

Joeblast, do you know the meme you presented in your spoiler is actually suggestive that relying on mechanical-thinking and timing is actually causing more harm to society than the "record breaking" ice?

Memes are arising as the mode of communication and soon, we will be understanding Einstein's laws of relativity with as little as blinking at each other. well, for example. not literally blinking but something just as subtle.

made good progress on the deer fence and then watered my 50 fruit bushes and nut trees with a super long hose - takes a couple hours.

• Like 2

that's awesome, drew...reminds me, I have to make sure my blueberries are watered. I could keep dragging the hose back there but I think I may bury a run of pvc instead!

You're missing the meme. i did not say you contradicted anything.

But if you examine your data closely, you should come to the same conclusion that i did: machines and records do not control the clock, the weather, or anything that they are affected by or reliant on. :lol: maybe im reading into something that's not there, but it seems like your blaming the ice and weather for the damage they are causing :lol: rather than the silly humans for taking their predictions for granted... :P

of course they dont control anything :) not blaming anything, really - especially not man for his CO2 emissions! there is still only the conjecture of models that asserts increased co2 is going to harm anything. (within reason, of course, I mean, at 25,000ppm, yeah, we'd be significantly into it by then...but that aint gonna happen.)

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read this thread.

All is well, it's just part of the wood energy manifesting and expanding. Like everything else in life, it's temporary. Great time for doing qi gong and meditations that focus on healing the liver, gallbladder and the eyes and generating love and compassion.

I like it. There's a lot of energy behind anger. It's pure, honest, and powerful without any pretentiousness. As long as we don't get taken for it's ride, or fight against it, it has treasures, wisdom and energy to share with us.

• Like 2

Spring --> Liver --> Anger

I think that's it. Mad=angry, mad= crazy.

There's something about young guys in springtime that is really a pain. I'll be all happy with my sunshine, trees, flowers and the birds singing- maybe even kisses and purring cats- and some guy will bust my groove from out of the blue. Not really about the board, just an observation from life. Geez, maybe we should be having spring festivals, like back in old old times, wrestling and feats of strength and umm... fertility rites til it gets hot enough for everyone to have to slow down and be calm.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this