liminal_luke

Primordial qigong aka Tai Chi for Enlightenment

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

Well ... I did learn Michael Winn's version a few years ago and practiced it daily for about 2-3 months.   But nothing really.

It is a complex form and unless you can feel the meaning of each movement I don't see the point, each movement should be practiced individually, because there are many, it is quite complex and also very long and physically demanding, my arms used to ache.

Other forms of Michael Winn's or individual movements, are much more understandable.

I don't think practicing complex stuff that you don't understand is meaningful.

I do know that Arnold Tayam used to have a one movement wuji gong, where you raise your hands upwards rotate anticlockwise and lower your hands, returning clockwise, repeat ... I assume this is to unwind yourself to zero.

Working with energy is quite subtle and sophisticated and I don't know how many people are really feeling what is intended.

Also returning to the source is not quite as simple as unwinding your arms .... or mixing the earth and sky .... or drawing endless zeros on paper or doing Bagua in 8 directions.   

These are nice guesses, but what is missing is an understanding of how the human being manifests from the energetic centre of the Source to the energetic centres of the human ... and seems nobody knows that.   They don't even know where the source is, what the heart is, what the dantien is .... really madhouse and a million ideas.

Anyway, it keeps people employed !!!

Oh, is there anyone who is not a Grandmaster Sifu Dragon anymore ???   Because I would like to meet him, or her.

so busy

enlightenment, what a concept

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 4:21 PM, phil said:

Best Demonstration of WujiGong I have seen on Youtube

is anyone still practicing it?

I like this version, but I notice he also has a jazzed up version.   What does that mean ?  Why jazz it up, didn't it work ?

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

Why jazz it up, didn't it work ?

I would think - to make it appear cooler to onlookers, and maybe incorporate some more martial principles. But I'd think it would work less well in the jazzed up way.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:57 AM, rideforever said:

I like this version, but I notice he also has a jazzed up version.   What does that mean ?  Why jazz it up, didn't it work ?

Haven't you guys heard of ART?    ...    or of masters?

Artists create art, they add some of their well advised internal flavor to it.  They like have some fun with it.

Masters create masterpieces.

Sometimes people get bored with the same ole stuff and when they happen to know enough they create interesting and powerful variations, which is different than beginners who do spontaneous chi kung :)

In this case the jazzed up version is much better. 

Same thing in Tai Chi, the ultimate goal is to arrive at the formless.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

How boring must your lives be?

Please go back to being respectful of other forum members.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Please go back to being respectful of other forum members.

Thank you for your advice.  I went back and made it more respectful.

• Like 1

I have the Tai chi for Liberation dvd. I have learnt the Earth Form. It kinda stills the mind but I still don't  understand it's  health benefits like with other meditations we know what we can expect from it. What should one expect from this Primordial Qigong.

7 hours ago, Learner said:

I have the Tai chi for Liberation dvd. I have learnt the Earth Form. It kinda stills the mind but I still don't  understand it's  health benefits like with other meditations we know what we can expect from it. What should one expect from this Primordial Qigong.

Hi Learner,

If you're going to practice this form, I'd encourage you to learn and do the whole thing. My sense is that, perhaps more than than most forms, performing just a part is of limited utility.  I like to practice very slowly but that could be just me.  As for what to expect, I suspect this varies widely with the practitioner.  For me, sometimes the form evokes a very sweet, peaceful feeling.  Sometimes I find myself standing straighter or breathing deeper.  If the form appeals to you, I'd advise committing to daily practice for some period of time with an attitude of curiosity and adventure. Be patient.  Your experience is apt to be uniquely your own.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3