Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

Compassion... self righteousness? haha

Is what I propose false In terms of creating a more peaceful world?

Really your heart is cold and you feel no love... perhaps this is due to eating meat (too much of a predator mind / cold blooded)

I look at a cow and I see a friend... what do you see?

• Like 2

page one is way too much science and almost ZERO spirit.

Animals who are enslaved for the slaughter thrust upon us their karma and we will suffer for our evil.

Animals who live in teh wild and eat each otehr give one another their blessings for having RESPECT enough to give them a chance to flee.

Nature is only disgusting and violent from the disgusting and violent perspective of the civilized slaves. to be civilized and not a slave.... impossible. not in today's world. civilized and not a slave... HA! you'd have to have free access enough land to allow for animals to be hunted wild! there would have to be berries, herbs, spices, fruits, and vegetables to be gathered! you would have to allow ALL others to freely transpire these lands too!

Humanity prevails until ONE person tries to control anything at all, and then it becomes "civilized".

Civilization upon the earth is the equivelant of cancerous tumors upon the flesh!

Deny this, i dare you. ... But try to provide proof so we know why we're laughing at you.

I just found the OP interesting and thought some others may.

Some sitting on the fence... may find interesting too.

I am not here really to convince anyone of anything.

I did not force anyone to read this thread - the title shows its intent.

I do not understand why people who eat meat follow me around and try to justify why they eat meat... I never asked you to do such a thing... and then call me self righteous? seems a little hypocritical.

Many people eat meat...I once did also, don't take it personally.

• Like 2

Have you tasted a veggie burger? It's dreadful.

If you can come up with faux meat that tastes good, I'll have it regularly and reduce my meat consumption.

TVP is dreadful, but grilled portabellas are divine.

• Like 2

never tried ports grilled, but i dont care for the texture of any mushroom- so far.

But i am convinced that veggie burgers can be made to taste decent with the right base-beans and proper herb/spice mixes...

I would imagine "reconstituted" meat is actually more difficult to make, let alone make taste good, than if a non-meat base were used to begin with.

But what do i know? i only speculate. i cant afford to experiment- and research is no more my concern than hearsay.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

There is super awesome vege food...you can make yourself... a little effort / a little reading / a little imagination = divine! haha :)

I'll give you one hint. INDIA! haha

• Like 2

Who says man fell ? man rose !

dominated life on the face of the globe

and now we have to get our

responsibilites squared away.

I am definetly not proud of dominating life on the face of the globe thing :wacko: . It is equals providing my family with the rubbish skip to live in . Have you thought over about what you wrote

or ?

I do not think man fell becouse eating meat either White Wolf . It is OK to be enthusiastic and passionate and informing ,but too much rightiousness can metamorphosise into dislike and subtle violence . Which -- if one is not careful can burn out of proportion .

• Like 3

Lots of good things to eat besides meat. I think there is a perception that vegetarians just eat salads and tvp and have boring meals. Really experimenting with vegetarian dishes can help widen food repertoire and make eating a little more mindful, lots of people just eat the same meat dishes over and over.

• Like 3

im living testimony to that, sun! but i've finally had the sense that was knocked into me settle down and stop rattling about.
though if i nod too fast or trip, i'll still hear the clutter :lol:

But seriously speaking... i have some incredibly personal positions and ideologies of which i am extremely passionate; free will, for example.
If you've read many of my posts, you'd probably know this already... and as i have gone over old threads and entries, i've seen a genuine improvement in my presentation of that passion.

It started out as very aggressive and dominating... but i do imagine that passion tends to start out as domineering...

There is some Indian food sort of like an empanada, but with mashed up potatoes and peas and onion and garlic and of course curry as the filling. Iwant to know what that is called so I can get or make some more.

• Like 3

Fire has been around a lot longer than civilization , it makes additional foods edible , thats the benefit of cooking, try eating some uncooked taro.

The plant is inedible when raw and considered toxic due to the presence of calcium oxalate[6][7] crystals, typically as raphides. The toxin is minimized by cooking,[8] especially with a pinch of baking soda. It can also be reduced by steeping taro roots in cold water overnight. Calcium oxalate is highly insoluble and contributes to kidney stones. It has been recommended to consume milk or other calcium-rich foods together with taro.[9]

Yes, I've heard of the benefits of fire. Yet, it's an external means: tiger doesn't have to produce her fangs out of some stick.

Nor nature has provided you with the ability to produce fire out of your empty hand.

Hence, while it's good to cook food, it's also worthy to make some observations on how much we rely on external adaptation.

I'm sure that I can live without eating a taro, but there are plenty of vegetables and fruits that my body can consume and digest.

• Like 2

There is some Indian food sort of like an empanada, but with mashed up potatoes and peas and onion and garlic and of course curry as the filling. Iwant to know what that is called so I can get or make some more.

Samosa.

The veggie version is almost as good as the meat version. Then again, any fried stuff taste good.

Fried donuts, my favorite. yum.

• Like 3

Your mind sickens me to a morbid and suicidal extent. please do not promote the disgusting and psychotic heirchy of civilization. please. nothing you've said here is genuine truth, but filtered through civilized agenda to appear that nature is somehow "wrong" and civilization somehow "has" authority thereover.

This single post has left me feeling physically sick.

Since you choose to be so candid with me there , Id suggest you need to talk over your reaction in a private setting.

• Like 1

im living testimony to that, sun! but i've finally had the sense that was knocked into me settle down and stop rattling about.

though if i nod too fast or trip, i'll still hear the clutter :lol:

But seriously speaking... i have some incredibly personal positions and ideologies of which i am extremely passionate; free will, for example.

If you've read many of my posts, you'd probably know this already... and as i have gone over old threads and entries, i've seen a genuine improvement in my presentation of that passion.

It started out as very aggressive and dominating... but i do imagine that passion tends to start out as domineering...

I am glad to hear that you are learning to keep passion in check , I had problems with it too so can relate ;) .

i felt it necessary to openly express a perception of an idea. this has nothing to do with the person (you) but the idea (human authority over nature). the idea is embedded in your mind, and that scares me. people who think the way you are suggesting that you do think leave me feeling highly insecure and extremely anxious. and if i acted like that, i expect you would ALSO become suspicious AND apprehensive, only lending FURTHER to my own paranoia.

but mind you, i am not intending to call YOU, STOSH, out, but the mentality that you have presented.... im calling that out.

No offense was intended, but "your" idea that humans have become "better" as a species by dominating the planet.... it's.... disgusting.

• Like 1

Suninmyeyes - It could be due to one of my Mars aspects lol.

:)

"too much rightiousness can metamorphosise into dislike and subtle violence"

I assume dislike and subtle violence towards myself due to the information I share?

I don't know if I would call it righteousness... I have no thought of such really.

I just want peace (strange you may think?) ... I don't want beings to suffer needlessly... I see them suffer and I want to help ... sometimes this leads to difficult information.

I have no aim to be liked. It would be nice I guess... but is of no real importance.

My aim is to find.

krsna2cow.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Compassion... self righteousness? haha

Is what I propose false In terms of creating a more peaceful world?

Really your heart is cold and you feel no love... perhaps this is due to eating meat (too much of a predator mind / cold blooded)

I look at a cow and I see a friend... what do you see?

food.

You guys do a great job of making the truth of my point obvious.

Now you call me heartless and loveless , because I eat steaks and fried chicken.??

So you think you are heartful and loving if you dont?

Your accusation doesnt seem heartful and loving , it seems intended to deride.

and the cows are your 'friend' rather than just cows , so you afraid for you ,

because you think you are like a cow and therefore Food. Got it.

I am glad to hear that you are learning to keep passion in check , I had problems with it too so can relate ;) .

yes well... i should be biting my tongue right now, and i know i should, and yet.... -_- i prefer to let it run its course.

Its run itscourse far enough to become known by me... now if i let it finish its path, it will be gone and i wont be so passionately attached to my ideas and emotions. however sacrificing emotion for logic; letting go of my ideas and conforming to previously established ideas... this is also in direct contradiction of my own ideas :lol:

So naturally, a certain level of passion is necessary. but i am glad i found the tao bumns... i owe a lot to all of us here for my personal progress along the path of proper examples and of properly exemplified lifeways... calling people out doesnt work, per say, but it gets straight to the point if you can touch down on the faults of "their" ideas...

i felt it necessary to openly express a perception of an idea. this has nothing to do with the person (you) but the idea (human authority over nature). the idea is embedded in your mind, and that scares me. people who think the way you are suggesting that you do think leave me feeling highly insecure and extremely anxious. and if i acted like that, i expect you would ALSO become suspicious AND apprehensive, only lending FURTHER to my own paranoia.

but mind you, i am not intending to call YOU, STOSH, out, but the mentality that you have presented.... im calling that out.

No offense was intended, but "your" idea that humans have become "better" as a species by dominating the planet.... it's.... disgusting.

Ok , I can take that how it seems its meant ,

but I would point out that we do in fact largely dominate the planet

like it or not.

Being subject to guinea worm, famine and drought and all sorts of pestilence ,powerless,

Doesnt seem an advantageous position to be in.

Its mans nature to effect things to his advantage.

• Like 1

I would look at you Stosh the same way I look at a cow.

Is eating a cow loving? I would say your love is limited... if you can't recognize the will to live / consciousness of another being who also expresses love / affection / sorrow / pain etc ...as we do.

Really it is about putting yourself in the place of another... empathy.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Eating the cow is loving of myself,

accepting of the requirements of life

and not imposing artificial constrictions on myself

to make me feel like Im better than you.

Where as the connection of spirituality and your diet

judges negatively those with other diets

and that includes the Dalai Lama who eats meat sometimes ( so I have read)

Yes, we should converse about empathy.

How do you think I should feel about the viscious comments just made about me ?

Oh fun, yet another thread that attempts to demonize me while i am just living my life

Good luck with making me feel bad, because it isn't going to work :lol:

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this