eat meat gross

I dare not eat meat.

Basher, I am hoping that mango chutney and piccalilli are not passing you by, I cant bear to think of you missing out, it is bitter sweet to think of your christmas dining table covered so condimentally. How piquant.

• Like 1

I'm not put off by the idea of eating horse personally. I am a fan of accurate labeling of products though. Carelessness allowing for "beef" to be 90% horse could also mean sloppy handling leading to e-coli or other problems. That would be my bigger concern.

These are Romanian workhorses, some of which probably given liberal amounts of drugs and antibiotics that were never meant to be used on animals meant for human consumption.

• Like 1

I dared and it was bitchin'. I regret nothing.

No but seriously, I love meat, I just don't like the Idea of industrialized cattle production (beef, pork and chicken), some times I think of how'd I feel if I were cattle. Not a very pleasant tought, I'll reduce my meat consumption.

• Like 2

I just have been shifting my diet around A LOT to find the optimal balance for me. I was vegan for 3-4 months. My crown chakra started to feel "off", like it's axis wasn't laying right. I was keeping up with my practice so I figured it must be my diet- I ate some sushi and felt much better. Threw some fish into my diet. Mind I eat damn good on about 200 dollars a month, sometimes 300 for food. All organic. Nuts, seeds, and herbs everyday. No processed fake meat or anything.
And then I started to study chinese medicine (basics). In TCM you want the proper balance of hot a cold foods in your diet. I live in the pacific northwest of America. It can be pretty chilly here most of the time. Definitely a cold climate. Well almost all fruits veggies beans legumes have cold chi. that coupled with the cold chi of my environment meant that it could be adversely affecting me. Well my joints HAD been bugging me recently, along with my tendons. The martial arts school I am starting to train with suggest I include beef or venison in my diet for it's warming qualties. The only significant veggies with hot or warming chi I found were kale and mustard greens, but you still have to at least ligtly steam them first. Lucky for me I was eating kale and garlic and ginger everday. BUT ginger and garlic can burn up healthy chi if taken in excess.
I decided I still was turned off most meat but decided I would include bone broth (beef or lamb bones) in my diet for the amazing health benefits + unique jingchi. Cooking some as we speak. I will see how my body reacts!

http://www.jadeinstitute.com/jade/bone-broth-health-building.php

Edited by Hypnagog
  • Like 2

Believe TCM does advocate a mix of hot and cold foods, but no chilled drinks, not even chilled water.

The Taoist Chang Ming (Long Life) Diet also warns that you shouldn't drink any ice-cold drinks.

As (amongst other things) your body will use up an enormous amount of energy, warming itself back up to its usual temperature.

Also, no drinks with your food.

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

What? Fish aren't vegetables? Then I can't call myself a vegetarian... :ph34r:

My wife and I are *mostly* vegetarians, mainly due to the poor treatment of many farm animals, the harmful effects of ranching on a massive scale, and also for health reasons.

We do however still 'cheat' by having yogurt, milk and cheese regularly, fish (once a week), and meat even more occasionally (once or twice a month).

From a dietary perspective there are certain vitamins found in sufficient quantity only in animal products, but dairy can give you 100% of what you need, so we try (probably not very well) to include ethically produced dairy in our diets. Animal flesh isn't necessary.

We never have meat at home, but we do eat out occasionally. From the perspective of a Buddhist or someone who believes you shouldn't eat meat, plenty of sentient beings are killed during the process of harvesting grains or vegetables, so eating meat isn't much worse of a crime, though it is obviously preferable to avoid.

Also, vegetables are tasty. Tonight we're making some chaat and a few salads :P

• Like 2

I don't understand these cravings. I have had cravings for meat that I have not had in about a year. Is it because it is spring time?

• Like 1

Here's something else, that would put you off eating meat !!! :(

Rat meat being served up, as Lamb ! :blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22467484

Here in the UK lots of Meat undergoing random DNA testing looking for Horse, etc.

If it says Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Pork, or even Goat on the packaging it should be 100% THAT, with no other animal meat at all, under any circumstances. :angry:

If some shop or store is selling something by illegally labelling it as something else, fine them £25k for Each & every Instance.

That way, it's more economical for THEM to make sure they're selling US, the consumer, the correct stuff. :angry:

If they can close down a Restaurant when finding Mouse droppings on the kitchen floor, they should also be able to close down a Foodstore that's mis-selling Food items.

Grrrr :angry::angry::angry:

Calm...calm....remember to breath deeply, remember your training....phew. :ph34r:

(Perhaps Vegatarians are Calmer, too ?)

Basher

Edited by Basher

Not eating meat?

You know I tried to forgo meat for a month and the results were just FANTASTIC:

1) Lost some enamel on my teeth

2) My desire for life lessened-felt like an office plant

3) Sex became a disaster-no hard-ons after two weeks

4) Became angry very very indeed

So I would not in any case recommend going a long periods without meat.

Try to eat Carpaccio , jerky but do not try to eat cooked meats.

I am from Ukraine and my ancestors ate jerky, raw meat and drank blood.Nomad

Try cuisine of nomads but not those who were ploughmen.

Raw uncooked meat gives a real power.

Avoid milk in case you do not belong to scandinavians , for milk and milk products are not suitable for 98% of population as it is the main cause of diabetes .

• Like 1

Well your experiences with vegetarianism aren't very common and seem to indicate that you were having some problems even before your diet change. What were you eating anyway?

Why are these meat cravings happening?! I already know...years of conditioning and ancestor's conditioning, etc.

I feel like I may benefit from eating meat in terms of jing, but I also worry of the guilt.

A good friend of mine who was hard core vegetarian for years switched and began eating meat again. He was feeling weak and getting sick more often the he liked. I think you have to listen to your body. For some optimum health might well include a little fish or animal protein. Some might need it for 'grounding' too. Still I admire vegetarians for a more ethical diet and for millions of people it works well.

I never get sick. But, I have been feeling weak lately, even with retaining my semen for about two weeks now.

Some Brahmins eat meat is different than all Brahmins eat meat.

Some Jews eat, pork and scavenger fish. Does this mean all Jews eat pork and scavenger fish.

Some priests are not celibate. Does this mean all priests are not celibate.

Are we using these as excuses to do what we wish to do.

If you wish to eat meat eat meat why do you need to rationalize

• Like 3

"I crave/ I can't"

are these the words of those on the path?

because of words like that, 'paths' exist as significant. Imagine one whose cravings have been extinguished. What use is a path for such a One?

because of words like that, 'paths' exist as significant. Imagine one whose cravings have been extinguished. What use is a path for such a One?

Such a person would be naturally and effortlessly on The Path.

The aim is to align with The Path

The remaining is ignorance