Sign in to follow this  
nine tailed fox

Manifesting

what kind of techniques do you guys use for manifesting your wishes ?

i know this is kind of a new age concept but it is true nevertheless that you can affect your reality using your mind, thoughts and intent

i guess there must be some techniques in Taoism, buddhism or other traditions to make your wish come true, are there ?

Hey nine tailed fox, just thought I'd chime in here.

I've become quite a fan of using sigils to bring about change. Now, admittedly, I haven't really used them to manifest really big things - I'm still in the phase of experimentation and building confidence - But they've worked in some way nearly every time I've used them.

I may as well tell you how to make/use them while I'm at it...

1. Create a statement of intent and write it on a piece of paper - A lot of sources recommend something like "IT IS MY WILL TO *insert desire here*" however I personally have found them more effective when stated in the present tense, eg "I NOW HAVE *insert desire here*"

2. Once you have your statement of intent (I should add that it's probably wise to think very carefully about exactly what that is...) you cross out all the repeated letters - You should now just be left with a string of letters. Some people suggest crossing out the vowels as well, but I don't think it really matters either way.

3. Create a glyph/image/symbol using those letters - Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just mash them together in a way that looks/feels pleasing to you. Feel free to combine letters, eg you might have a "T" that you could add another line to at the bottom to use as an "L" as well. Once you have your sigil, try and simplify/condense it down a bit to make it easier to visualise - This seems to make them work more effectively. I like to finish mine by drawing a circle/oval around them - It just makes them feel more complete to me.

4. Charging the sigil - A common way is to masturbate to the point of orgasm (that's right...) whilst staring at the sigil, and "drinking it in" to your mind at the climax. However, the last couple that I've made were charged simply by sticking them (separately, on different occasions) on the wall, burning some incense, going into a meditative trance, and staring at them for half an hour or so - During this time, when staring at the sigils, I visualised them expanding out into the world/universe and piercing the very fabric of reality. I did this a few days ago, and results have already started coming. This is a much gentler way of charging them, and if you decide to try this out you might want to charge your first ones while in a more intense state, such as orgasm.

5. Now that your sigil is charged, you can do whatever you like with it. A lot of people destroy them in some way or another (such as burning them) but I've read some stuff lately that recommends leaving your sigil out somewhere you look several times a day, but not so obvious that you're forever staring at it. The idea behind this is that it stays in the background and seeps further into your subconscious.

6. Banish. To do this you can laugh hysterically for a few minutes, or just do something that will bring you back down to Earth and ground you.

7. It's often said that it's best to completely forget about what you've done now. I find that to be really hard, so I adopt a non-attached state of mind - If I think about the sigil and its result, I just shrug and try to let it go instead of becoming attached to the result.

If you decide to try this, start with something you don't really care about just to test the waters and so you can remain non-attached.

And that's using sigils in a nutshell :)

Hopefully this post will be of use to you and others.

T.S

P.S Just remembered that you asked about specific Taoist/Buddhist manifestation techniques in your post - Sorry, I don't know of any, but I'd be really interested in hearing about them as well.

Edited by T.S

what kind of techniques do you guys use for manifesting your wishes ?

I work my ass off in order to attain it through honesty.

• Like 1

i guess there must be some techniques in Taoism, buddhism or other traditions to make your wish come true, are there ?

Sure, but one must first walk the Yellow Brick Road.

Nothing ever happens as expected. Not one minute from now, not one year from now, not 50 years from now. Things happen as they happen.

But this does not prevent me from setting some goals and intentions in life. But a goal is just a temporary direction. Things happen along the way, and like a good navigator I use some of my own energy to maneuver but I do not fight strong tides or head winds that might exhaust me or over turn me.

This may not be the way for everyone, but it is one way.

• Like 2

It's important that whatever you manifest is in harmony with the way of things. I have only tried too manifest something once and that was a job because I was flat broke. I charged myself up with Chi and said a prayer. Simple and easy.

My 2 cents, Peace

It's important that whatever you manifest is in harmony with the way of things. I have only tried too manifest something once and that was a job because I was flat broke. I charged myself up with Chi and said a prayer. Simple and easy.

My 2 cents, Peace

Did it work?

Did it work?

Yes.

Edit: I would also add that the strength and sincerity of ones purpose is important.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

I would also add that the strength and sincerity of ones purpose is important.

I think you hit it perfectly on the head.

I have tried using sigils, and they have not done anything. I am starting to believe that our physical life is magic in itself.

I am starting to believe that our physical life is magic in itself.

Now that I will agree with but we must be careful how we use the word "magic".

I have tried using sigils, and they have not done anything. I am starting to believe that our physical life is magic in itself.

It's interesting that your sigils didn't work out - I've heard of that happening for some people.

Just curious, are you sure that you took the necessary physical action to allow the results to come? I don't mean to sound rude (and hopefully I'm not) but nothing is going to happen if you don't take some kind of action. In my experience, sigils seem to present you with opportunities that you must take in order to manifest whatever it is you want.

As an example, a couple of months ago I made a sigil with a statement of intent that said something like "I NOW HAVE A SOURCE OF INCOME THAT I ENJOY" - After a couple/few weeks, I was on Facebook and a friend of a friend made a post asking if anyone wanted to work at a music festival the next day. There were only 2 positions available, and many more people than that replied, but I got the job. Now I'm registered with the company who does the work at concerts/festivals, and work for them when they ask me to. I happen to really enjoy this kind of work, so I now literally have a source of income that I enjoy.

Of course, it could all be sheer coincidence, but the fact that other sigils of mine have appeared to work makes me think there's definitely something to this, especially considering that many people swear by them.

Edit: I don't mean to suggest that you were implying that sigils don't work for anyone, ever, I just think they're really worth experimenting with.

Peace.

Edited by T.S

No worries about being rude, maybe I have been approaching it in the wrong way. I see them as "worth a shot", but I still would rather just have good energy -enough to "manifest" positive change in my life in a way that I am responsible for.

Edited by oildrops
  • Like 2

Depending on your views on the subject, if you have any hang-ups about it or not, etc, the simplest way is probably through masturbation - Simply stare at the sigil while you have at it, and at the climax (which should be as intense as possible for this purpose...) try and "drink" the sigil into your mind/shoot it out into the universe - Basically visualise the sigil being "fired" in whatever way works best for you. It's optimal, at this point, to have forgotten the intent for which you made the sigil in the first place.

It sure is interesting when your perform a technique like this, and then in a few days or weeks, you experience results...Very trippy.

I'm going to have to experiment more with this myself.

Good luck with it :)

Something I do wonder about though, and I was hoping some people could shed some light on, is why manifesting things in the physical world for ones benefit/enjoyment is often viewed in a very negative way by spiritual people? Some even go as far as to say it's Black Magic...What's the reasoning behind this?

Because the universe in inherently quantum mechanical in nature, we can never directly affect things like we want - we may only alter the probabilities for something to manifest. This is why buddhists would say one needs to "create the conditions" for something - its very logical - if you want something to manifest, create the conditions for it to manifest, only then does the possibility for the manifestation emerge.

If you havent created the conditions for something, wish all you want, its not going to do a damned thing! :D

• Like 2

Create the conditions for folks to cooperate of their own will ,, give 'em the tools to do the job , set up the polling booths , arrange a web site , build it and they will come , catch flies with honey , or the old standby of "give em enough rope and they will hang themselves. "

The Russians retreating back from a German advance into their homeland as winter approached.

The Mongols on horseback firing a few shots and then riding just out of reach to lead their foe into untenable circumstance.

Tsun tsu placing his men with thier backs to the wall in a do or die situation.

In each case there is a form of cooperation between the foes or friends or bosses .. its a system that isnt requiring the force of one to force the actions of another . Its not working against the tide , against circumstance. It is following the 'lie of the land'.

For material things , one strikes while the iron is hot , plants in the spring , cuts with the grain.

Going with the flow only so much as opportunity allows one to head toward their own goals, one makes manifest that which they choose to . It is a the only way one can have a success.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

"If you havent created the conditions for something, wish all you want, its not going to do a damned thing! "

I agree with this. I think there might be a view in 'manifestation' circles that all it takes is for an individual to self-centeredly wish and the goal will happen. Whereas I think magicians work on creating or improving the conditions, including the ones inside their skulls.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this