Seth Ananda

`Does Racism/Sexism/Homophobia constitute a Personal Attack`

Again the Bushmen had no homosexuality.

Yes Africa has homosexuality but that's in the Bantu tribes -- not the Bushmen.

That is total BS. How can anyone say what Bushmen did a hundred years ago,...let alone thousands. Who is to say that same-sex relationships went on for a millennia, before some Justinian or Gregory-like figure submerged everyone in a horrific Dark Age,...which most Westerners are still in,...as can be seen in the number of Abrahamic believers.

So modern humanity with homosexuality is actually more like the chimpanzee culture which also has the males as violent war mongering rapists.

PFL, I am just quoting you here so that this does not get edited out by you. If you become immortal or immortalized, I hope it is out of infamy for making statements such as these. a fantastic example of why this thread was started. Your studies are fair speculation, and everyone should be given the chance to speculate and conclude it as truth. That is akin to the statement "to err is to be human". But FFS, please start a new thread with your profound theories, or at least comment on the title of the thread..... `Does Racism/Sexism/Homophobia constitute a Personal Attack?'.

Again, please, I ask of you to comment on it.

Edited by Sanzon

There is a great tradition of Homosexuality in many African tribes, and among the Australian aboriginals who may have just as long a history as the Africans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality {scroll down to the African bit}

Saying that it never existed or was unheard of is rather strange.

Consider the Bonobo. Im sure Africans saw the blatantly homosexual behaviour that is native to that species, so to think that it was unheard of is rather strange.

Also considering the amount of testosterone that is {or is not} present in the mother, {while the foetus is forming its brains sexual attraction centres} contributes directly to whether one is attracted to men, women, or both, then it is again a rather lousy argument to suggest with any form of authority that there were no Homosexuals ever in 90% of human history.

Its actually quite funny.

In fact as with most of your claims, such as O@AD {which after all these years of being asked for a simple youtube video of you demonstrating your 'power' on unsuspecting female strangers, is still not forthcoming} I wonder if maybe you just pull these 'facts' out of your.... ...um... ...imagination?

Again the anthropologists state there was no homosexuality in the original human culture which was completely focused on paranormal trance dance love healing energy -- later becoming the basis for qigong and other Eastern secret arts.

So the Bushmen were the original humans with no contact with other tribes from 100,000 BCE to at least 10,000 BCE. That's 90% of human history.

Of course people left Africa and formed the some 10,000 different tribes around the world but the Bushmen original human culture remained intact without contact with other tribes.

So the 90% of human history refers to the 90% of the original human culture history -- a continuous culture without contact with other tribes.

You want to claim that my "O at a D" discovery was just my imagination. That's fine with me Seth. haha. Qigong master Chunyi Lin told me it was great that I could give females bliss and I showed him how I do this. Qigong master Chunyi Lin then said that as long as I did not store up my energy in my lower tan tien then my transmissions would always be weak. I knew this was true because the "O at a D" activate of the internal vagus nerve orgasm takes very little energy compared with the healing and experiences I had previously. So I told Chunyi Lin -- you mean I need to build up my energy to were it was ten years ago? He said: Yeah. So then I immediately stopped flexing my pineal gland.

Actually just a few days ago -- as I posted -- I brought my coworker to experience the Jim Nance qigong master healing for the first time. We were driving home and I asked my coworker -- you remember me charging you up at work all the time? He said: you were charging up everyone with the love energy. haha.

Now with my O at a D experiences came also the "Perv Attack" experiences. Basically when I was with a perv -- and I tested this many times - trying to convert their ejaculation addiction. But it was always a spiritual battle. I would sit in full lotus and I would transmit energy into the perv -- and the perv in turn would desperately try to convert my chi energy back into ejaculation fluid so the perv could ejaculate. So finally -- since I was in full lotus -- the perv could not force me to ejaculate even though the perv was trying to pull down my energy to a lower frequency. But since I just continued transmitted energy into the perv then the perv would have their jing energy filled up and then the perv would literally go to the bathroom to ejaculate since the perv is addicted to ejaculation.

So anyway that's in the past now -- I don't do "O at a Ds" anymore although storing up the energy is very challenging as qigong master Jim Nance told me - I usually have more energy than other people but people are usually always taking my energy. So then Jim Nance said I need to build up my energy to a point where other people can not even sense that I have more energy. He said this is very difficult to do.

Now Seth -- you admitted that Nitayana the Tantra Mongoose can indeed to the "O at a Ds" but then you stated that females complained Nitayana was taking the female energy. Actually this is how the O at a D works -- it takes in the female jing energy and then transforms it into chi energy which is then transmitted back into the female. So this process is described by Mantak Chia. Michael Winn states it is even crucial for the older males to take in the female energy. But the Bushmen culture is based on explicitly not "hoarding the N/om" energy. The N/om is the original term for the female jing energy. So if a male is building up his N/om energy for astral travel and not transmitted it to the females for healing the females then the females will throw water onto the males to bring the males out of the astral travel trance. haha. On the other hand it is known that the younger females have strong N/om energy and that the older males need the younger female energy more to increase the male healing energy.

But even still - for the real healing to take place it has to be done from mind celibacy - or the Emptiness. When I began describing these dynamics to qigong master Jim Nance -- saying about taking in the jing energy through the perineum while in full lotus and then transforming it into chi energy to transmit back for healing energy -- he said -- don't even think in those terms! Indeed -- to create real chi energy there has to be mind celibacy and this is detailed in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." So any thoughts of passion are called False Fire of the Heart in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." As long as there is emotional overexcitement or passion -- as the book states if a male sees a female and then gets an erection this is not actually activation of the jing energy because it is False Fire of the Heart. So the only way to create real chi energy from the jing energy is through mind celibacy in the Emptiness. As Master Nan, Huai-chin and Bodri state -- tantra is limited to the lower realm of bliss and the lower levels of the realm of form. So as Bodri states tantra can be practiced to achieve real health and love energy -- and this is great -- but it is limited to very weak levels of chi energy. On the other hand it is also stated by Master Nan, Huai-chin that the deeper the samadhi levels then the greater the body orgasm experience. But as Taoist Yoga states this is in mind celibacy - in other words - there is full on erection but no thoughts of lust. Of course this mind celibacy is exactly why real powerful qigong masters are so rare.

• Like 1

That is total BS. How can anyone say what Bushmen did a hundred years ago,...let alone thousands. Who is to say that same-sex relationships went on for a millennia, before some Justinian or Gregory-like figure submerged everyone in a horrific Dark Age,...which most Westerners are still in,...as can be seen in the number of Abrahamic believers.

You'd have to read Dr. Bradford Keeney's book Ropes to God: The Spiritual Universe of the BUshmen for the details.

The reason the Bushmen culture has remained intact is the same reason they make fire as the original humans made and hunt as the original humans did -- it's the same culture that has enabled them to survive in the harsh Kalahari desert since the bottleneck of humanity at 90,000 years ago.

The DNA analyses that detected this bottleneck also revealed the oldest human race: Khoisan (Bushmen), now restricted to South Africa, being at least 100,000 years old.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/74-000-Years-Ago-Human-Species-Stood-at-the-Brink-of-Extinction-66978.shtml

"This estimate does not preclude the presence of other populations of Homo sapiens sapiens [modern humans] in Africa, although it suggests that they were probably isolated from one another genetically, and that contemporary worldwide populations descend from one or very few of those populations," said Marcus W. Feldman, the Burnet C. and Mildred Finley Wohlford Professor at Stanford and co-author of the study.

The small size of our ancestral population may explain why there is so little genetic variability in human DNA compared with that of chimpanzees and other closely related species, Feldman added.

http://news.stanford.edu/pr/03/humans528.html

The data revealed a genetic split between the ancestors of these hunter-gatherer populations and the ancestors of contemporary African farming people -- Bantu speakers who inhabit many countries in southern Africa. "This division occurred between 70,000 and 140,000 years ago and was followed by the expansion out of Africa into Eurasia, Oceania, East Asia and the Americas -- in that order," Feldman said.

O.K. on the antiquity of the Bushmen culture -- it goes before the development of human language -- the trance dance healing ritual I mean:

A musicologist found very important music which was used at a

woman's first menarche called ‘elan music’ (honoring the fat-rich antelope). This

‘elan music’ was also present in other language groups of other Bushmen

language groups and also the noun-less speakers who are not exactly Bushmen

but they're related. This means that way back before these groups diverged,

somebody invented or composed (this) music and then they took it with them.140

Interview with Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, Paula Gordon Show (Peterborough, New Hampshire, July

19, 2008).

This unique form of music is very calming for it,

and babies seem to find it very attractive and soothing. It’s the magic of the

endorphins again, and their role in bonding….The !Kung San of southern Africa,

for example, seek to heal rifts in personal relationships within the community

using music and repetitive dance movement to trigger trance states. Many

religions have practices such as chanting and fasting that invoke similar mental

states: blinding light bursts within the head….It is easy to see how this activity

could have been extremely beneficial to our ancestors, uniting the group,

discouraging free riders, and so increasing the chances that individuals would

survive and reproduce more successfully.168

168 Professor Robin Dunbar, How Many Friends Does One Person Need? Dunbars Number and Other

Evolutionary Quirks (Harvard University Press, 2010), passim.

• Like 1

O.K. just to clarify again - the Bushmen were the original humans and did not have interaction with any other tribes.

.... <snip>

Pythagorean...,

Its doesn't work like that. the bushmen may well be the remnants of the larger 'family' most of which left Africa to explore the world ... but that's the very point ... the original humans was all of us ... not just those that stayed behind. In fact the bushmen themselves must have gone through evolutionary processes in that last 100,000 years if only social evolutionary ones ... and they may live in a similar way to how we all once lived but not the same ... its as if the bushmen are just some cousins who decide to stay home when the rest of us decided to roam the globe, experience ice ages, build civilisations ... they do not represent all of us just that particular sub-set.

A few things...

I'd like to thank everybody whose supported me on this forum. Everybody whose "liked" my posts, and spoken out against what I see as pseudo-intellectual support of homophobia. I'd especially like to thank you Seth for your fierce advocacy. Mostly, thetaobums is filled with wonderful spiritually evolved people who want to help each other in a spirit of friendship. You all help me remember that when the posting gets tough.

I do think racist, sexist, and homophobic comments hurt people. Certainly, I've felt attacked and said so. Maybe it's not so bad though. It brings up stuff that's good for me to look at. The reason homophobic comments hurt so much is that I haven't completely worked through my own issues with this. I like to think I'm pretty far along, but clearly there's still work to do. Ultimately, it doesn't much matter whether white wolf or anybody else likes me; it only matters whether I like myself. And that's something for me to deal with.

In the end, I don't think it's possible to moderate out sexist, racist, and homophobic sentiments so I personally think we're going to have to let them stand. The thing is that it's usually all mixed up with what appears to be sincere inquiry and there's just no way to sift out the hate. Take the bushman issue for instance. Whether or not there's homosexuality among the bushman, I really can't say. It feels homophobic to me when pythagorean says there isn't though. I strongly suspect that all that bushman business boils down to a clever anthropological cover for prejudice plain and simple. There's no way to prove that though, and whatcha gonna do--outlaw discussion of bushman sexuality?

Here's the question I think we as a community have to ask: are people allowed to say stupid things? I think they are. Taobums isn't perfect, and as an open forum it can't be perfect by it's very nature, but it's pretty darn good. Stupid comments are a small price to pay for having an open forum like this one. As long as smart people continue to speak up and challenge small-mindedness I think it's worthwhile to stick around.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

You'd have to read Dr. Bradford Keeney's book Ropes to God: The Spiritual Universe of the BUshmen for the details.

The title itself is enough to make me vomit. I wish people cease talking about god as if they knew what god is.

Dr. Bradford Keeney is a Christian and theist. No honest person can be a Christian or theist.

A Buddhist said, "Start knowing what you really know, and stop believing what you really don’t know. Somebody asks you. "Is there a God?" and you say, "Yes, God is." Remember: Do you really know? If you don’t know, please don’t say that you do. Say, "I don’t know.". . . False knowing is the enemy of true knowledge. All beliefs are false knowledge."

People who discuss god as if they know god, are delusional, and dishonest.

The title itself is enough to make me vomit. I wish people cease talking about god as if they knew what god is.

Dr. Bradford Keeney is a Christian and theist. No honest person can be a Christian or theist.

A Buddhist said, "Start knowing what you really know, and stop believing what you really don’t know. Somebody asks you. "Is there a God?" and you say, "Yes, God is." Remember: Do you really know? If you don’t know, please don’t say that you do. Say, "I don’t know.". . . False knowing is the enemy of true knowledge. All beliefs are false knowledge."

People who discuss god as if they know god, are delusional, and dishonest.

Do you really know?

So calling people stupid isn't considered a personal attack?

and you think you are smart?

Interesting.

If you like, please substitute the words hateful/loving in place of stupid/smart. That's actually closer to what I really mean anyways. I'm willing to grant that there are plenty of smart homophobes out there but there are no loving ones.

If you like, please substitute the words hateful/loving in place of stupid/smart. That's actually closer to what I really mean anyways. I'm willing to grant that there are plenty of smart homophobes out there but there are no loving ones.

What is love?

Pythagorean...,

Its doesn't work like that. the bushmen may well be the remnants of the larger 'family' most of which left Africa to explore the world ... but that's the very point ... the original humans was all of us ... not just those that stayed behind. In fact the bushmen themselves must have gone through evolutionary processes in that last 100,000 years if only social evolutionary ones ... and they may live in a similar way to how we all once lived but not the same ... its as if the bushmen are just some cousins who decide to stay home when the rest of us decided to roam the globe, experience ice ages, build civilisations ... they do not represent all of us just that particular sub-set.

O.K. actually the Bushmen do not represent a "particular sub-set" of humanity - the Bushmen culture is genetically the most diverse -- so that all of the other humans are sub-sets of the Bushmen genetics.

Consider that this is also true linguistically -- the Bushmen language is the most complex language on EArth with over 200 different sounds -- the rest of the languages on Earth of sub-sets of the Bushmen langugage.

Genetic analysis finds that modern humans evolved from southern Africa's Bushmen March 9, 2011 By Lisa M. Krieger

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-03-genetic-analysis-modern-humans-evolved.html#jCp

yeah:

They found that the greatest genetic variation was seen in the Bushmen - suggesting that this population is most likely to be the original population from which all other African populations emerged. Specifically, the DNA of Bushman showed four times more diversity in regions governing immune function.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-03-genetic-analysis-modern-humans-evolved.html#jCp

O.K. so as for the culture changing -- this is not considered true.

As I stated -- the Elan menstruation trance dance song of the females is older than human language itself!!!

At the moment there are about 95,000 San people. But only 3,000 of them kept their traditional lifestyle of hunters and gatherers. It is believed that the San people have one of the oldest cultures on our planet. Their culture is more than 100,000 years old.

The San traditionally live in groups of about 20 people. Groups include family members and there is no chief or something like that. Decisions are made on consensus. Still certain knowledge like those of hunters is highly respected.

http://traditionscustoms.com/people/san-people

So I mentioned before the Ropes to God book -- the title of the book refers to the "Ropes" of the rock paintings -- the ropes come out of the belly and skulls of the Bushmen - the ropes indicate the astral travel energy of the Bushmen. As Dr. Bradford Keeney describes -- the ropes out of the belly enable telepathic communication between the Bushmen - when they are in their trance state. The ropes out of the skull enable astral travel up to heaven to see the Big God as the Bushmen call it.

Dr. Bradford Keeney is considered a master Bushmen healer or "doctor" as he has been trance dance healing with the Bushmen for over a decade. He goes several times a year for a few weeks at a time. So because Dr. Keeney experienced the cracking open of the Ostrich Egg -- this is what the Bushmen call it - it is when the third eye fully opens up for a full kundalini awakening -- and so this happened to Dr. Keeney when he was a young man -- around high school age. So anyway because the Bushmen knew that Dr. Keeney could then understand their trance experiences the Bushmen then went into more detail than previously before with any other non-Bushmen -- details about their trance healing experiences - especially the astral travel into heaven information.

The Kung Bushmen are a centerpiece of the ancient world
tinigenie.hubpages.com › ... › History and ArchaeologyHistory of Africa
Feb 26, 2012 – The Kung Bushmen's culture is said to be about a 100,000 years old.

so....evolution wise:

As Ernst Mayr puts it, "The brain of 100,000 years ago is the same brain that is now able to design computers....All the achievements of the human intellect were reached with brains not specifically selected for these tasks by the neo-Darwinian process."5

http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/eln07_evolution.html

There's been some minor genetic changes to humans like skin pigmentation which is just a very superficial change -- maybe one gene variation or other things like lactose tolerance to drink milk and a few other diet changes so for example the white trash diet is more devastating to non-whites, hence the diabetes epidemics in non-whites as detailed in a book Darwinian Medicine. But anyway due to brain plasticity -- even these minor genetic variations are so superficial that the epigenetics of the body can change gene expression -- so that environmental stress is one of the biggest factors changing gene expression. So something like meditation can change stress levels -- most of the DNA is expressed through the brain.

So again I am not interested in the origins of homosexuality but the Bushmen very clearly have no homosexuality and their entire culture is focused on the trance dance healing - it is the most important definition of how to be human for them.

So considering that the Bushmen are not a sub-set of humanity as you have claimed but in fact are the most genetically diverse origin of humanity and that they do not have homosexuality -- I think this is fascinating to say the least.

Over 4,500 paintings are preserved in an area of only 10 km2 of the Kalahari Desert. The archaeological record of the area gives a chronological account of human activities and environmental changes over at least 100,000 years.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1021

How do people legitamately claim to know what happened 90,000 years ago in great detail.

When even things like underwater pyramids in Japan from 10,000 years ago baffle scientists?

• Like 1

. Absence of evidence should not be confused with evidence of absence. The whole argument is frankly silly. :lol:

When the absence of evidence supports the evidence of absence, a reasonable and dependable description becomes available.

For example,...the word scribe(s) is mentioned at least sixty-six times in the New Testament. Thus, repeatedly, what was not mentioned says much regarding the history of the invention of present-day Christianity. For instance, why was the capital of Galilee, Sepphoris, known as the ornament of Galilee, just four miles down the hill from the archeological site of Nazareth, not alluded to in the Gospels, although they all mention Nazareth? Could it be that the authors of the gospels were unaware that the city existed because Rome leveled it during the Jewish Revolt of 66–71 CE, some forty years after the Talmud’s Jesus was hanged for sedition? It is unlikely that Nazarites lived in Galilee, but were instead Jerusalemites.

No honest person can be a Christian or theist.

And yet there are 100's of millions of them who are good honest people. You must deal with good people who are Christian every day, do you tell them to there face how 'dishonest' they are? Or do you save it for anonymous websites?

IMO the problem is when we exaggerate, generalize then make insulting bigoted statement of how 'wrong' an entire group is. It's not Christians who make make the world bad; like all groups they're mixed.. mostly good, some bad and lots of gray. It's the generalizing bigots who blame all the worlds problems on a single group; that bunch; those individuals, the simplifying prejudiced bigots, that subset whatever their race creed or sexual orientation, those loud intolerants, they're the enemy.

They spread hate, intolerance and quite often lies. The ones who can't accept live and let live; who go out of there way to blame and denigrate other groups because it makes them feel smug and superior.

Maybe the worst are the civilized ones who act like Rush Limbaugh and use his tactics to search through history and newspapers around the world to find an article that denigrates their enemy du jour. Finding a 1000 year old foolish prediction thus allows a bigot to generalize and gloat on how silly all 'Others' are. Pure Limbaughnian bigotry, childishly feel better by putting others down.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I wanted to poke my head in, not to get reinvolved in the Gay issue, but to make a point that the some of the same people that have been attacking homosexuality on this forum have also been spreading anti-semitic messages as well. I think at some point the moderation team has to ask how much is too much? If you have any questions regarding the anti-semitism, go to the "Is the West descending into Fascism" thread and take a look. I've made my point, can't really explain it any more than this, so now I'm taking a deep breath and hoping reason will soon show its face here.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

How do people legitamately claim to know what happened 90,000 years ago in great detail.

When even things like underwater pyramids in Japan from 10,000 years ago baffle scientists?

Richard G. Klein, a paleoanthropologist at Stanford University, said in an e-mail from South Africa that the new evidence “supports my view that fully modern hunter-gatherers emerged in Africa abruptly around 50,000 years ago, and I remain convinced that the behavior shift, or advance, underlies the successful expansion of modern Africans to Eurasia.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/science/cave-findings-revive-debate-on-human-behavior.html?_r=0

O.K. so the archaeological evidence is very detailed for going back to 50,000 years ago.

As I mentioned the trance dance evidence is even older as anthropologist Elizabeth Marshall Thomas documents about the Elan menstruation trance dance healing ritual existing before the Bushmen culture branched out into other languages around 70,000 BCE.

I also quoted Professor Robin Dunbar -- author of Gossip and Grooming book -- who argues that the synchronized singing of the Bushmen was an evolutionary adaption for human cooperative behavior -- relying on trance dancing to increase solidarity. This is also the view of Dr. Chris Knight, anthropology professor. This synchronized singing is found in other primates more similar to humans like the gibbons and bonobos which indicates such behavior for humans very likely goes back to hominid history -- before modern humans.

http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/2252/Vanishing-Cultures--Bushmen-of-the-Kalahari

Here's a good documentary on the Bushmen culture -- as you can see it is very primitive so it's hard to imagine how their culture could have been any different -- and archaeology shows it was the same back to at least 50,000 years ago.

In the first page of the insult policy thread Sean writes "but no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, gender, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc. To me this would seem to indicate that sexist, racist, and homophobic comments are already prohibited. Some confusion about the rules is understandable though, since to my way of thinking, a lot of insulting comments have slipped through the cracks uncommented on.

The moderators have remained strangely silent so far. How about it mods...is the supreme court prepared to rule on this issue?

• Like 1

In the first page of the insult policy thread Sean writes "but no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals, nationalities, gender, political preferences, lifestyle choices, etc. To me this would seem to indicate that sexist, racist, and homophobic comments are already prohibited. Some confusion about the rules is understandable though, since to my way of thinking, a lot of insulting comments have slipped through the cracks uncommented on.

The moderators have remained strangely silent so far. How about it mods...is the supreme court prepared to rule on this issue?

I typically don't think it is helpful to explain these kinds of things because it just ends up pissing a lot of TTBs off.

But...

In the beginning - with the first mod team (before Apech, before Cat, before Taomeow were ever Mods) - there was no consensus as to how to moderate threads like this one. However, a slight majority at that time favored the position Apech argued in favor of in this thread (uh..I think it was this thread). That is...freedom of speech is meant for discussions of ideas that are highly unpopular. Nobody needs freedom of speech when most people have no opinion on the matter or whom actually favor it.

That's why threads and the posters who've posted anti-female threads, anti-Muslim threads, anti-Christian threads or threads on sexual-identity, etc have been permitted to slide by. The original team could only come to consensus when a thread directly singled out specific individual(s). Otherwise the majority of the team at that time said it was running the risk of installing an Orwellian Thought-Police regime at TTB and the formerly open free-for-all boards would find a lot of members exiting.

Thankfully threads like the ones I just mentioned are pretty rare. I mean...this board is mainly for talk about qigong, neigong, meditation and other spiritual cultivation practices so they don't come up all that much.

When Apech, Cat and TM came on (all at widely varying times) a 'moderation tradition' on these issues was already in place.

Sean is however aware of this issue and it's possible things could change in the future. So far however he has not indicated any changes to us yet but he is open if the current SoP is not working well.

And now just my own opinion:

I think VMarco pretty much nailed it in this thread (I think it was him). The whole point is for everyone to get beyond identifying themselves with their core everyday 'sex/gender-self' that we all have. Let it all go...the Tao seems to have no problem doing that so maybe we should all take a tip from it and maybe discover if we didn't 'need to be' heterosexual/homosexual/transsexual after all...

• Like 2