hydrogen

Candle is better than electric bulb.

I usually practice Qi Gong at night. A few days ago, I started turnig off the light and use candle.

The difference is so dramatic.

I kind of knew that natrual light is better for practice. I just didn't realize that big difference until I tried.

• Like 4

Dragged out a candle last night. Definitely a different "feel" sort of ... more intimate ?

• Like 1

I've got an oil lamp thats historically made to burn olive oil. Its suppose to have a nice slightly greenish flame. I'll have to fire it up.

• Like 2

Ooh. Do you think it has to do with electricity, or the intensity of light? I have a salt rock lamp that is very soothing, was thinking of trying that.

Whenever I've tried Qigong at night I've felt too.. umm amped up I guess you could say? Like I should be doing it in the morning instead to help with energy throughout the day. Do you do something special at the end to settle things?

• Like 1

Been doing qigong by candle light for years when practicing at night.

Open the window, light a candle, burn a stick.

IMO it adds to the practice.

It is this mechanism. Candle are better because the electric light is flickering in a rate 50hz or in other country 60hz

and this is registered by the brain and is irritating.

I believe the power frequecy in the US is 50 to 60 Hz. In the European countries are 400Hz.

Ooh. Do you think it has to do with electricity, or the intensity of light? I have a salt rock lamp that is very soothing, was thinking of trying that.

Whenever I've tried Qigong at night I've felt too.. umm amped up I guess you could say? Like I should be doing it in the morning instead to help with energy throughout the day. Do you do something special at the end to settle things?

Like the other poster already pointed out that electric light is flickering in a rate of 50hz. Our subtle body can perceive the frequency of lights on and off. It's not pleasant.

I have so many blockage in my body and emotional residue. I tend to get tired after cleasing. If not, I do meditation to astral travel (never succeed) at bed. I open my eyes try NOT to sleep in honest. I always feel asleep then.

Oil candles are easy to make: DIY Oil Candles for Taoist Practice

ocand17.jpg?w=803&h=618

At last now I know what to do with that bottle of rancid olive oil! It was bad when I opened it but I couldn't be bothered taking it back to the store to get a refund.

Thanks for posting this:-)

subtly and subconsciously, it revolves around the more directly visible interaction taking place between the flickering flame and ones breath/movements/thoughts.

This is not absent with electricity, but it is more subtle.

I used to use natural light all the time. I found it very conducive to my spiritual efforts. As for candles, I employed them and natural sunlight in my living fairly strictly for months (besides occasional computer use). I was doing trataka with one candle until I happened upon the results I wanted one day :/ The "telepathy" and the micro-expressions on peoples faces were a bit much for me to handle at the time. I'm going to get back into the practice once I mature a bit. It was definitely a learning experience

i was born with the recognition of facial expressions, micro and macro. it's definitely LIKE telepathy, but i havent "experimented" with it at all. i dont like feeling invasive, so i avoid looking people in the face a lot.

• Like 1

I used to use natural light all the time. I found it very conducive to my spiritual efforts. As for candles, I employed them and natural sunlight in my living fairly strictly for months (besides occasional computer use). I was doing trataka with one candle until I happened upon the results I wanted one day :/ The "telepathy" and the micro-expressions on peoples faces were a bit much for me to handle at the time. I'm going to get back into the practice once I mature a bit. It was definitely a learning experience

What did you mean by "micro-expression"?

I saw the "other" face on people during my kundalini phase. Some people had "monster" face. and some had "angel" face.

Was that the same thing you saw?

I suspect it is more like something i am familiar with... the subtle ticks twitches and positions of tiny fractions of the face, revealing more information about the person than a blue-ray disk about quantum physics.

Some people see through reality... you can see it in their eyes, so soft, gentle, and care-free, yet being firm, certain, and determined...

What did you mean by "micro-expression"?

I saw the "other" face on people during my kundalini phase. Some people had "monster" face. and some had "angel" face.

Was that the same thing you saw?

Not really, I'm not sure what you mean. I mean seeing like extremely subtle(micro) changes in their facial expressions to the point of knowing exactly what they were thinking, feeling. There are some who were very happy, it seems all the way to their core. But most people around me, had this what seemed like an intense sadness that went all the way to their core- my parents had this too. It made me so depressed knowing when all these people were so sad or knowing when they were lying. I immediately stopped the practice. From what I've read it assists the 3rd eye- so I presume it'll probably end up coming back to me just gradually, which I think I'll do fine with. Waking up one day and being able to look deep into people(without effort/ automatically) was terrifying, especially because I couldn't "turn it off" or "down".

i was born with the recognition of facial expressions, micro and macro. it's definitely LIKE telepathy, but i havent "experimented" with it at all. i dont like feeling invasive, so i avoid looking people in the face a lot.

That must've been intense! Yea I had gotten really good about eye contact during my k-experience then during that "week of results" after a month or 2 of practicing trataka, I completely reverted. I couldn't stand making any eye contact out of fear I'd see "into them". I still do it to this day, as soon as people talk to me I have a habit of looking straight down or off to the side.

it's a manner of coming to terms with "being each other"... im still learning. I'm not as uncomfortable looking some people in the face/eye as i am others, but i've also seen that there are MANY people who see the same thing and habitually look away just like i used to.

Part of this fear is social conditioning and greed memes that civilizations tend to be built upon.

There's also a psychological condition that makes it difficult for people to look others in the face. Are you sure what you think you make of subtle facial expressions is accurate and not just what you 'feel' to be true?

If it's really what you say it is, you should have no problem finding some special jobs that focus on people-reading.