Jetsun

Starting again from the beginning

not to wax on trungpa, and yes he's dead too, but he was a recognized mahasiddha

his son (sakyong mipham rinpoche) is a deity emanation and a siddha

and there are lots of people alive with siddhi powers they just dont advertise

im confused by the swastika imagery.

daoraindao, it is said in the teachings that there are higher, ordinary, and lower capacities... it doesn't have anything to do with fascism, its just that some people, due to karmic reasons, have a greater capacity for wakefulness.

some rare people receive initiation from a teacher and never leave the state of awakenment thereafter. All they need is the grace of the lama. Thats the very highest capacity. Some people practice shamatha for ten years and still can't completely calm their mind because their obscurations are too great.

its not obscene to make these distinctions, they exist. a housefly is not an elephant, and its okay to say that some creatures are small and some are large. No biggie. Thats nature. Not everyone has the same capacity.

• Like 1

If the mind doesn't intervene, I could teach a new form of buddhism in which Jesus Christ is in reality the Buddha Maitreya and all christian saints are bodhisattvas, Virgin Mary is Kwan-Yin..

People's mind will not cling on my absurd statements, there will be a sense of reflectiveness.

You're advocating the benefits of blind Faith. Why then the Buddha explicitly said to his disciples to

Yes perhaps you could teach a new form of Dharma, but there is only one Buddhism, that brought to life by the Buddha Shakyamuni, whose teachings Alwayson couldn't give a shite about, which is a shame, and a little stupid, considering he poses as a most high-level practitioner.

As for the rest of your reply, i dont know for sure where you want to head with it.

Moreover, augmenting the Nazis into the equation seems to deflate the vitality of your assertions a little. Hence, its time for me to say 'i surrender' to your most interesting arguments.

Ciao! and Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This is not the traditional tibetan way of dealing with powers.

Siddhis in traditional tibet were not hidden. The XVI Karmapa himself showed many siddhis during his lifetime. As for the modern karmapas (yes, we have 2 karmapas...), none can do anything special.

How could I believe that they decided to hide themselves?

Those people make a living on teachings, they don't teach for free. There's no reason to prevent advertising..

Edited by DAO rain TAO

I'm still confused on the monk bit. Many lamas are not monks.

Well... then change the word monks with lamas... there's nothing wrong in being monks. In dharma business, they have a greater success, especially if they have some title as rinpochè, etc...

It's the religious attitude that blindly accepts what is handled down without realizing anything. That makes people as priest-like teachers. This means a teacher that have a knowledge based on study and not on personal realizations.

im confused by the swastika imagery.

daoraindao, it is said in the teachings that there are higher, ordinary, and lower capacities... it doesn't have anything to do with fascism, its just that some people, due to karmic reasons, have a greater capacity for wakefulness.

The same reply, but without the nazi thing:

If the teachings are higher and lower in accordance with people's mental capacities, then we may assume that the Dharma's history proves without any doubt that tibetans are the excellence among humans.

They were given vajrayana, the highest teaching. All the other country were full of donkey-humans with inferior teachings.

Moreover, in the West our mental capacities were so low that we never saw something buddhist until very recently.

It seems so unlikely that the mental capacities of people are like that. So your arguments

"Higher, average and lower are also pertinent to all the different levels of people's mental capacities, specifically in regard to being given teachings"

are not valid.

As for the swastika... it's a buddhist symbol. Where's the confusion?

. As for the rest of your reply, i dont know for sure where you want to head with it.

Moreover, augmenting the Nazis into the equation seems to deflate the vitality of your assertions a little. Hence, its time for me to say 'i surrender' to your most interesting arguments.

Ciao! and Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Haha

yeah there's little space for your reply: I use the logic, you use faith.

When you speak with an italian priest and ask for guidance because you cannot accept some weird truth, he replies: Mysterium Fidei, this is the unquestionable mystery of faith.

You've found a nice way to sneak out :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k77qynJJOg

Edited by DAO rain TAO

not to wax on trungpa, and yes he's dead too, but he was a recognized mahasiddha

his son (sakyong mipham rinpoche) is a deity emanation and a siddha

Trungpa, in terms of communication was a true genius of our time.
He died due to liver cirrhosis from wine and drugs abuse;
His student Tenzin Osel died of AIDS after he infected many people, just because Trungpa said to him that with Tantric practices he cannot infect anyone.
Cool :D
Edited by DAO rain TAO

Well... then change the word monks with lamas... there's nothing wrong in being monks. In dharma business, they have a greater success, especially if they have some title as rinpochè, etc...

It's the religious attitude that blindly accepts what is handled down without realizing anything. That makes people as priest-like teachers. This means a teacher that have a knowledge based on study and not on personal realizations.

So do you have a better religion?

Dudjom RInpoche and KDL both eliminated all delusions regarding their nature (rainbow body).

I posted a link that gave a little taste of the magical life of Dudjom Rinpoche.

I would say that almost all lamas have atleast recognized unfabricated presence.

The videos about the Dalai Lama posted by the Chinese government and associates are hilarious.

Yeah they are always good for a laugh, one of the sites which said he was a Nazi made a similar argument about Oprah Winfrey, which gave me a chuckle.

As for the swastika... it's a buddhist symbol. Where's the confusion?

i don't need to read the whole reply again, thank you though. You can cite your personal opinions, and i will cite the teachings which talk about different capacities, and in the end, time will tell who is correct. I am not interested in discussing it further.

The vedic swastika rotates widdershins. The one you posted is a nazi swastika that rotates deosil. The carry opposite meanings. So thats the confusion.

Edited by konchog uma

Hi Jetsun,

If you are looking for a great overview of "existence" and the overall "enlightenment" process, I highly recommend reading the Lankavatara Sutra. It is only about 40 pages and covers pretty much everything. You just need a little familiarity with Buddhist meaning of words like "mind".

Best wishes, Jeff

I see. Here are three books recommended to me by someone very knowledgeable about Buddhism and the Pali canon itself. He is also a lay practitioner (32 years of practice) but has lived in isolation for several years in the Arizonan deserts:

Concept and Reality in Early Buddhist Thought

The Magic of the Mind, An Exposition of the Kalakarama Sutta

Satipatthana: The Direct Path to Realization

I managed to find The Magic of the Mind in pdf and it is an excellent explanation of some very subtle points, it's also not too long which I appreciate. It says at the start of the book that it is free and not for profit so I hope there is no problem with sharing it here if anyone wants to read it

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2s3p4khyh9ar/n/Nanananda_-_The_Magic_of_the_Mind_pdf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2988wggf8edf/n/Nanananda_Seeing_Through_-_A_Guide_to_Insight_Meditation_pdf

If there is a problem with the link let me know

Edited by Jetsun

So do you have a better religion?

I just want to point out that there's not such a thing as an "higher teaching" in buddhism.

And if it exists, it's not vajrayana.

None here could negate my assertions with logic, they just hold on their Faith... to say that they are so special with their religion.

Nonetheless, I appreciated your sincerity and understanding when you said that you're not interested in Shakyamuni Buddha.

As for nazism, I never said that the dalai lama is a nazi.. I just showed the mental similarities in thinking to be the best.

Nazis thought to be the supreme race as arians.

But if you think to be so special and important because of your religion and that it's an higher teaching... then probably this is a mental state that you have to cultivate in order to realize something.

Most people have too much; I seem to be missing something. Mine is indeed the mind of an ignoramus in its unadulterated simplicity.
Ordinary people try to shine; I seem to be dark.
Most people have ways and means; I am unsophisticated and simple.
Sorry for threatening your faith, I just hoped to find someone with clear eyes.
Edited by DAO rain TAO

Hi Jetsun

Please find attached the pdf file of Magic of mind recommended by Gerard.

Here is a link for Concept and reality.

http://www.seeingthroughthenet.net/ files/ eng/ books/ other/ concept_and_reality.pdf

There is no problem with Copyright, these books are for free distribution.

As for the third: Satipatthana: the direct path to realization, I am sending you a PM about it.

MagicOfMind.pdf

Ah thanks, I must have selected the wrong file to upload in my link, Magic of Mind is the one I meant to upload that text is really good, thanks Sati. I do have the Satipattha also but I wasn't sure about the copyright so thought i'd better not share that one.

Sorry for threatening your faith, I just hoped to find someone with clear eyes.

You don't threaten my faith, since whatever you say doesn't make any sense.

As for nazism, I never said that the dalai lama is a nazi.. I just showed the mental similarities in thinking to be the best.

You didn't show anything.

Did the Buddha decide to deliberately create confusions amongst practitioners?

Mahayana is a reaction to the crypto-realism of Abhidharma.

This is pretty basic.